Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 03. ✿ - - - Role Playing
Roleplay training course (First time roleplayers must see!!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:08 pm
I've been roleplaying for the last 2 and a half (3?) years, and nothing annoys me more then mary-sues. When in a battle with something, there's nothing more annoying then someone who dodges everything, or someone who gets hit by everything. Both are equally annoying. See below.

"Tsuki threw the punch, grinning sickly. Her mind was replying the sound. That sweet sound of fist on flesh, of cracking muscles and jaws that told her that she had won. That the fight would be over. Nothing was harder to fight with then a cracked jaw. Except maybe a blown kneecap. But not even Tsuki was that cruel."
--
"Taro looked in her eyes, and saw everything just before it happened. The punch, the hit, the blow that would knock him out for days. His first instinct was to dodge, but her other hand was free- he could get caught by her left hand. The only logical thing to do was catch it."

orrrr

"Taro's eyes widened. His mouth bled from her previous hits, his muscles screaming for mercy from the blows that she'd delivered. Everything in his head was reeling as he tried to close his plate-sized eyes. Maybe then it would hurt less then the knife to the gut he had recently endured."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:08 am
Hi, about the whole re-using a character thing:
Is it okay to re-use a character multiple times if all the roleplays that you used that character in died off before you could really do anything?  

Tangerine_Monster

faretheewell

Eloquent Informer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:01 pm
Tangerine_Monster
Hi, about the whole re-using a character thing:
Is it okay to re-use a character multiple times if all the roleplays that you used that character in died off before you could really do anything?

As long as the character belongs in the roleplay you are placing them in, I don't see why not. Change the character slightly to reflect the different requirements of the roleplay you are joining and go for it. This doesn't bother me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:41 pm
Again, I like to rp as a male but I feel a bit apprehensive about rping.  

Matron Mord Sith

future ruler of Adedosia

1,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:34 am
SorceressJacklyn
ade2
AND NOW I SAY THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THIS FORUM!!!!... which way to the bathroom?

Really? Could you not think of any advice for novice RP posters?

no i couldnt i'm frankly not that good im starting to think...man! what am i doing with my life! oh well still no advice from I  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:11 pm
ade2
SorceressJacklyn
ade2
AND NOW I SAY THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THIS FORUM!!!!... which way to the bathroom?

Really? Could you not think of any advice for novice RP posters?

no i couldnt i'm frankly not that good im starting to think...man! what am i doing with my life! oh well still no advice from I

Then don't post...  

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

Z-MusicalChairMassacre-U

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:19 pm
one liners annoy me more then anything.

example :
Robby smiled and said "hi!"

That sucks and gives me nothing to work with, mix it up a little and add crap!

"Roddy smiled and said "Hi" to her as he thought about their last meeting. It had been a colder day and he was still pretty embarrassed about his foolish mistakes. A blush came to his face as he recalled said events and he looked away for the fear she'd see it."

Much better ^_^ but thats just me lol  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:09 pm
Okay, I used a character from one of my stories once, his age was unknown, but it was part of who he was and it worked well for the roleplay. But I didn't just say unknown, I gave an age range and the age he behaved (he was a very strange character, but fun to work with and people apparently like him), no one seemed to be annoyed with that. So I'm guessing that's fine?

For reference, the age in his bio looked like this:
Quote:
Age: Unknown, but is said to be somewhere between 100 and 130, he behaves like he's 16, though.

EDIT:
Btw, he wasn't human, but he didn't have any super-human abilities and wasn't all evil or anything (or a vampire...those have gotten old). If that helps. He was just...interesting.
I only said it was unknown because he doesn't know how old he was, and the age range made it so that no one could just come right out and tell my character how old he was, because, well...that would right screw him up, now wouldn't it?

But yeah, was that alright?  

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

sweet_kind-bunny girl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:01 pm
Username: oneachan
Character name: keanina
Personality: kind and sweet and can help out her friends
History: doesn`t remember my past
Relationship: idk
Appearance:
Other:  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:10 am
oneachan
Appearance:
Other:

Yeah...profiles like that are really annoying...There's nothing to it...  

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

-LMU-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:26 pm
angel_nicholson
oneachan
Appearance:
Other:

Yeah...profiles like that are really annoying...There's nothing to it...

Right. Okay so we know she is kind and sweet and can help her friends. Shes perfect and... BORING. Spice it up. Shes nice but she can be very doubtful about herself and can be very shy around certain people. You know?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:01 am
I'm brand new to this role playing idea, so I've got a lot of questions. I guess my first question would be about pictures. Do people always draw their own characters? Is it acceptable to use a picture of a character someone else has created? I don't mean someone else in the role playing forum. I mean like if I used a picture of a popular anime character in my profile.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:37 pm
Kaiyle Brightblade
I'm brand new to this role playing idea, so I've got a lot of questions. I guess my first question would be about pictures. Do people always draw their own characters? Is it acceptable to use a picture of a character someone else has created? I don't mean someone else in the role playing forum. I mean like if I used a picture of a popular anime character in my profile.

I always use my own drawings, but everyone else I rp with uses pics they've found on photobucket. Whatever looks more like your character seems to work best.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:18 pm
Thanks Angel. I guess my next question would be, is it acceptable to borrow a few details from an existing work? Like if I had a character named Eragon, just because I liked the name? Or if in the backstory for one of my characters, I said his parents had been killed in a flood leaving him responsible for his little sister (Felix from Golden Sun). I wouldn't try to replicate the enter character throughout the roleplay, but it might help me get started if I could borrow details from a character I didn't create.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

Kuro Ryuu Hime

Sexy Goat

22,500 Points
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
  • Building the Army 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:33 pm
Kaiyle Brightblade
Thanks Angel. I guess my next question would be, is it acceptable to borrow a few details from an existing work? Like if I had a character named Eragon, just because I liked the name? Or if in the backstory for one of my characters, I said his parents had been killed in a flood leaving him responsible for his little sister (Felix from Golden Sun). I wouldn't try to replicate the enter character throughout the roleplay, but it might help me get started if I could borrow details from a character I didn't create.

Personally, I'd say that's fine. I mean, if you're just using one or two little details, it's very unlikely that anyone would even be able to tell you took it from something. Like the flood thing: I had no idea that that had been used before because I've never had any experience with Golden Sun. As for names from other works...well, chances are that pretty much every name has been the name of a main character from a book/movie/video game/tv show.
I think it's fine, and I can't see why anyone would have a problem with it. Though, ultimately, if the creator of the RP tells you otherwise, go with what they say.  
03. ✿ - - - Role Playing

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff