Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Usafi'tukufu Lands [IC]
[PRP] The Sky Is Crying (Aulii'Naia & Lulua'line & Ayunken-) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:40 am
User Image

Aulii'Naia crouched underneath the cover of a nearby tree, staring out at the dismal scene. The sunny day had disappeared to be replaced with dark skies and heavy rain drops that shattered when they fell to the ground. Aulii'Naia was ecstatic. This was so much better then sunshine.

Giggling lightheartedly as she poked her head out and received several large drops to the head in reward. Tilting her face up, keeping her boy sheltered, she poked her tongue out to catch the raindrops. They were slightly warm, as they usually were when the random rains came, but they were refreshing. She longed to run out into the rain and leap into that puddle that was forming nearby, a muddy brown and big enough she could really make a wave by jumping in.

Peering over her shoulder, she padded out into the falling water, laughing outloud as it felt like tiny fingers poked her where the rain hit. For such a small cub, the rain drops felt huge. Enjoying the falling rain for a moment, she barely hesitated before throwing herself into the puddle. Water flew everywhere as she rid most of the water from the puddle. Her legs stained a dark brown, she continued to stop and laugh as she completely soaked herself.

Could anyone ask for anything better? She doubted it. This was perfect.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:53 pm
User Image

Girls were weird, there was no other explanation for it. Ayunken frowned at his sister as he watched her play in and out of the rain. He hated the stuff. It was wet, and cold and it made things smell bad. It was only good for when he was thirsty. "Your weird" he muttered as he continued to watch her while laying in the soft dirt of the den. He wasn't going anywhere NEAR that stuff. He was going to stay right here where it wasn't wet. Though bits of water trails had started to happen. It had been raining for a while.

He was careful to make sure they didn't hit him when he was laying. Having made small dirt wall around him so that the water drizzling down into the cave would pass by him without touching him. He glared at the opening of the den. Oh how he wanted to go out and play, but the water made him cold. Plus, if he got too dirty, his mother would give him a bath. He HATED baths.

Humph....... Was the sounds he made every once in awhile. Watching his sister in an almost jealous gaze. How she didn't care about it. Sometimes he wished he didn't. But then again, he was very picky. Picky about everything. Except food. He'd eat anything that was dripping with blood. Anything that his father would bring back for them. His tail twitched up and down every once in a while next to his body.

User Image

Lulua'line couldn't have been more happy. Laying in the cave with the rest of her cubs sleeping in the back. With two of them up and about she had to watch them. They were young, and not old enough to fully go out alone yet. No, she was paranoid. Even if she was in a pride full of watchful eyes. She guessed it was the first mother bit. Her own mother had lots of babies as well, which didn't surprise Lulua when she too, had many of them. Six bouncing babies of joy.

Oh how she wished she could let her mother see them. It had been too long since she had last saw her mother. Having left right after Her grandmother and walked out on them. Shame it was, but it was how life had to be. She smiled at her daughter, the youngest out of all six of them. "Careful, Naia" She said softly. "Don't want you to get a cold" She told her daughter. Though she wasn't too worried about her catching a cold. It was more what could be lurking out past the tree in which she was playing at.

She had given them all a quick walk around on how far they could go until they were old enough in Lulua'line's eyes to go farther. She was careful to make sure her cubs all stayed close. Though, she didn't want to seem too clingy on them, but they were so tiny. She'd have to let them wander around the pride sooner or later.

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:01 am

Aulii'Naia giggled, tilting her face up to catch the falling raindrops. She could feel her brother and mother watching her, which made her feel safe, because she knew her mother wouldn't let anything happen to her. As wonderful as the rain was, she knew it was dangerous too. It could make her sick or could hide danger in it's murkiness, but still, she couldn't bring herself to think of it as a bad thing.

She heard her brother mutter and glanced over at him, crinkling her nose playfully. "It's fun to be weird, brother Ayunken. Come play in the rain with me!" She turned back to the den, dropping down into a crouch with her behind in the air, chest pressed to the ground as her tail flicked back and forth in playfulness.

She nodded, glancing at her mother. "Okay, Mama, but I can still play a little longer, can't I?" She said, her eyes wide and pleading. She didn't want to leave the rain just yet. She knew if her mother forced her out of it, then it would be for the best. As if to get the most enjoyment out of it while she could, she lept into a puddle nearby, sending out a splash of water. It hit near the den but didn't quite make it inside. She squealed and flopped down into the water, thoroughly soaking herself.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:17 am
Ayunken-vanzan shook his head in disgust. How could she expect him to go out in this stuff. He frowned at her. "What if it bites me" he asked her then looked to his mother. "Can wet stuff bite?" He already knew the answer to that question, but he just wanted to make sure. If it did bite, his sister was sure weird for liking it. It made him stink too. Which he didn't know if he liked too much. He really didn't want a bath.

He put a paw into the wet stuff for a second as some more drizzled past his little dome of protection. It was cold, but not as bad as he thought. He still wasn't sure about the whole idea. Then again, mother was watching after all.

Lulua'line gave a tiny giggle at her son. He was really funny. "It's alright to play in, Ayunken. She looked towards her daughter. "Of course, dear. But try not to splash your brother if he comes out and plays." Which from the looks of it didn't seem like it was going to happen too soon. He needed to get use to the water before he just ran out like his sister.

Lulua'line saw a lot of herself in Aulii'naia. Which might not all be that good. Lulua' was rebellious when she was a cub. Always finding ways to get into trouble. At least they were in a nice pride of watchful eyes. Lulua' felt she'd be able to turn her back and not worry about someone taking off with one of them. She'd have to introduce them to the rest of the pride very soon.

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:37 pm

Aulii'Naia giggled at her brother, looking half amused, half exasperated at his attitude to the water. "It won't hurt you, Brother Ayunken! Look," she hit the water with her paw, spraying a small wave of water. "It doesn't hit back." Sure, some of the muddy water had sprayed her cheek, staining her white coat, but that didn't phase her at all.

She sighed at her mother's words. "Alright Mama, I promise I won't." That took away her fun, she thought, eying her brother with amusement. If he had come out, she had intended to get him wet, so he would have to play in the puddles with her. If he was wet, there was no point in avoiding getting wetter, right? She stood from her puddle and lept towards another one, flopping down and giggling again. At least she could have fun on her own though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:42 pm
He continued to sulk about the idea of anything wet. He didn't like it, and she didn't understand. Oh well. He envied her for her ability to not be upset by little things as he was. He wanted to be like her, yet couldn't pull himself to do it. It was strange when you wanted to do something so bad, you just couldn't. His mother and sister both said it didn't bite, but he didn't believe them. Maybe it only didn't bite them? And wanted to feast upon his beautiful blue coat?

He frowned as he watched his sister. He wasn't the most exciting cub out there. And that was known fact. His other siblings would probably be glad to join her in the rain. But he still didn't like the concept of it. He loved water, but only when he needed to drink it. Anything else, god forbid it happen. He was nice and warm where he was anyways. Still unconvinced at all about what they were saying about it.

Lulua'line couldn't help but give a small giggle at her children. Poor Ayunken, Afraid of the most wonderful thing that the earth could possibly offer. Though, food was up there pretty high. She was sure he'd over come it, but it might take a bit of time for him to do so. It was best not to force him out into it. She stood and moved into the rain with her daughter. She felt so big next to her tiny cubs, but one day she was sure that one of them will be bigger then her.

Maybe even bigger then her mate, their father, Dole. She was happy. Truly happen. Never had she thought she'd be here with six little cubs. She remembered life when she was with her family. All the fun adventures she had with her sisters and her one brother. She was happy that she didn't have all girls and one boy like her mother. She knew how hard it was for her brother growing up. An even amount seemed perfect. Three boys, and three girls. "I'll join you in the rain, my darling."

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm

She couldn't help but glance at her brother, rolling her eyes slightly to herself at his behaviour. Why was he scared of something that couldn't even fight back? She shrugged it off, too entranced by the water to focus on her brother's fear for very long. It was his loss, not finding the joy in water. Glancing over at her mother when she saw movement in the den, her grey eyes lit up in excitement as her mother moved to join her in the rain.

"Yay! Thank you mama!"
She squealed, moving over to her hurriedly and nuzzling into, unconcerned with the fact she was soaked and was therefore pressing her wet fur against her mother. She pulled back after a moment and bound back over to the puddle, her energy seeming to be unendless in the rain. "Come play in the puddles with me?" she asked her mother, eyes wide and pleading, splashing out as she lept into the puddle. She loved to watch the waves and see the drops fly out around her when she played in the puddles.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:48 pm
The water wasn't nearly as cold as Lulua'line thought. As her daughter pressed up against her, she smiled. Letting her wet fur touch her not so wet fur. It would take a while before Lulua's fur was even remotely as wet as her daughters. The rain wasn't coming down hard enough for it to. "A puddle you say?" She asked her daughter. "Do you think there is one big enough for the both of us to jump in?" She giggled. She looked around and saw a few smaller puddles, but none that were too big. All seemed fairly shallow too. Which was good.

She turned to smile at her son, who was still eying it all. Perhaps this was enough to get him out of his little cave. But then again, she was sure he'd just stay there until it stopped raining, or someone forced him out into the rain.

Ayunken-vanzan signed. He so wanted to join them, but his fear was becoming more and more. Why? Why was it? He decided not to look at them. To look at a passing by bug. It made it's way out side trying not to get into the puddles of water, as well avoiding the dropping droplets as the fell to the ground. He was glad he wasn't a bug. It looked like hard work. Avoiding everything so big and scary. He wondered how they did it. How anything would choice to be so small.

Ayunken wasn't very big, but he was huge compared to the little bug making it's way to where ever it was going. Which brought up another question. Where was it going? He wanted to follow it. Had an urge to stand up and start moving with it... But he forced himself to stay. The rain after all, would get him.

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:27 pm

Immediately, at her mother's question, Aulii narrowed her gaze and scanned the area, trying to find a puddle big enough for both her mama and her to play in, but there was none in sight that could support both their sizes. Aww! That was no good! She was disappointed and slumped slightly. Her depression lasted only for a moment, before she grew determined.

"There isn't any big enough for both of us!"
She announced, but padded away from her mother, eying one of the bigger puddles, "but Mama can have this one!" she pointed to it, before pouncing in a puddle that wasn't far away from it, but was dramatically smaller, "and I will have this one! Then we can both play in the puddles."

It wasn't the same as playing in the same puddle, but it would do! She peered back in the den, to where her brother was, a little disappointed that he wasn't coming out to play. There was another puddle nearby that he could use, if he wanted to, but Aulii didn't offer it, because she had a feeling it wouldn't matter anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:36 pm
Lulua'line giggled. "It's okay, there doesn't need to be a big one." she told her daughter. In truth, she didn't really feel like getting too wet. It always made things smell funny, and it was a pain to clean dirt off of her cubs sometimes. Especially when they didn't want to get cleaned. "Maybe we can find some water creatures." She asked her daughter. Which she knew wasn't gonna happen, but it'd at least keep her daughter entertained for the moment.

Ayunken-vanzan was getting too curious about what was happening. He stood up, then sat down. His ears folded back. He wanted to have fun too, but that evil rain. He wanted to find things. He continued to frown at them. How mean they were... Well, they weren't really mean. He stood up once again. Put a paw in the wet stuff, and with drew it back to his body pretty fast... Well... maybe he was over reacting? He took a step out from his own made little safety.

He made a weird hoping motion trying to avoid as much water as he could before he got to his mother. Hiding under her. At least under the least part with water. "I.... I want to look for things that live in the water, Momma." He said.

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:55 pm

Aulii's eyes lit up at the idea of water creatures. "There are creatures which live in the water?" She sounded fascinated, and hurried over to the closest puddle to peer into it, her paws dropping into the water without worry. Her tail flicked behind her, spending droplets flying off in different directions and she glanced up when she heard her brother's voice.

"Ayunken!"
She squealed, spotting him out of the den. "Come look for the creatures with me?" She asked, looking pleading over at him. She paused, and added convincingly, "I promise I won't splash you or anything!" Her brother was clever, maybe he would help her find some. At first glance, she couldn't see any and well, she wasn't the best when it came to her attention span.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:39 pm
Lulua'line nodded at her daughter after smiling at her son. "Yes, they are called fish." She told them. She remembered encountering some fish when she found a secret area. Or rather, someone showed her. She'd never forget that young cheetah. She wondered how he was doing. No matter, she was busy trying to entertain her children to get into that. "They don't have feet like we do" She told her daughter.

Ayunken-vanzan almost didn't believe his sister as he carefully tried to move towards her without getting too wet. It was nasty stuff. Yet, something about finding living things in it seemed to interested him. He was always interested in bugs and other small creatures. Anything smaller then him that he could play with. "Are they smaller then us, Mommy?" he asked looking up at her. Still mostly under her trying to avoid the falling rain drops.

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:10 pm

Fish? Aulii tested the word, not saying it out loud but instead just miming the word over and over again, probably looking a little silly doing it as well. Something her mother said caught her attention, and she glanced at her, looking curious. "But mama, if they don't have feet, how do they move?"

She gave her brother a shy smile as he moved over towards her, glad that he was going to search with her. She bet he would be able to find one! She turned to peer into the puddle, squinting to try and spot whatever this 'fish' creature was. Was it fluffy like they were? Oooh, she hoped so.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:58 pm
Lulua'line gave a giggle. "They have fins, and swim rather then walk." She told her daughter. "They have scales, slippery things, and don't have any fur on them at all." She told them. "See, if they had fur like us, then they wouldn't be able to swim very well." She had seen something similar to fish before. They were baby frogs, but she was told they were fish. They didn't have any feet at the time that she saw them, so she was sure that they were fish.

Ayunken-vanzan looked up at his mom before peeking at the pond again. "Can.... Can we find them in these?" He asked her. He saw some small things moving around in the water, but he was sure that was just mud. He put is paw on at the edge of the water. It was already wet, what more could it do to set it there?  

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:39 am

Aulii's eyes were wide as she stared down at the puddle. Those creatures sounded so...different from her! It was so odd, and exciting. She hoped that she could find some, they would be so fascinating to see! She wiggled a little peering, or rather squinting harshly, down at the puddle before her.

Pausing at her brother's question, she blinked at Ayunken. "Why would mama tell us about them, if we couldn't find them here?" Aulii asked, tilting his head to the side. Surely, their Mama wouldn't have done that unless they were actually able to the found.

[IC] Usafi'tukufu Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff