Welcome to Gaia! ::

Worlds Away 2.0: A Dragonriders of Pern RP (closed)

Back to Guilds

based on the book series by Anne & Todd McCaffrey. 

Tags: Pern, Weyr, dragons, firelizards, McCaffrey 

Reply Worlds Away: A "Dragonriders of Pern" RP
Hatching Grounds: Hatching, pg.2 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Masterharper of Pern

8,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:42 pm
-~-XXXX N'tanel - Bronzerider XXXX-~-

N'tanel smiled at Kila "Yeah that would be great, but should I carry him instead?" he asked politely. He didn't want her to have to go out of her way for him. He knew that Oath wouldn't mind who cared him or if he even moved. All he wanted was a peaceful sleep and more meat when he woke up.

XXXXXXXXXXXXBlue Flit - Orson User Image XXXXXXBronze Dragon - OathUser Image  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:04 pm
Kila smiled in return and shook her head. "No, you've had quite a day of it yourself. Besides I've been carrying sleeping hatchlings since Camarith's hatchling. He never did respect that he couldn't sleep wherever he wanted." Be it on the sands, in the hall, at the lake, in the corridor. If Camarith wanted to sleep, he slept. Camarith let out a happy rumble as he saw the memories from Kila's mind, being unable to remember them himself. Being a blue Kila had been able to carry Camarith longer than she would have be able to carry this lad's bronze. A dragon's size could be estimated roughly by about a month old and they grew so quickly.
Kila knelt down beside the hatchling and picked him up off the groun by putting her arm under him. She turned him slightly so he was leaning into her, rather than keeping him horizontal. Camarith knew he wasn't necessary for this next bit, not physically anyway, so took off out of the Hatching Cavern to go find some other dragons to perch with until the feast started. Kila meanwhile would get the new ones to their rooms and make sure all the hatchlings were full and settled. Sort out some formalities, then she'd be done. Hopefully she'd have some time before the feast started to at least make herself look presentable. Turning her mind completely to the matters at hand she looked at the weyrlings. "Come on then you lot. Best get you to the barracks before anymore drop off." She started walking through the tunnels to the entrance to the Weyrling Barracks. She'd put the bronze in his room first freeing up her hands to direct the others throughout the building.  

The_Muffin_Puppy
Crew

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50

Masterharper of Pern

8,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:02 pm
-~-XXXX N'tanel - Bronzerider XXXX-~-

N'tanel thanked Kila as she left. If it hadn't been for her they'd probably still be there on the sands with him not wanted to disturb Oath's peaceful sleep. He nelt down next to Oath and brushed a hand down his back. A happy tone of colors and images of his face from his dragon's point of view popped into N'tanel's head. He laughed as he knew those were just happy memories and that more would come "Oath, you are too nice." he said with a smile "I think when you were only just an egg, warming in those sands, the you heard my voice. I remember touch your egg's tough shell and asking what my future held. You answered me, with all you could." he laid down next to his sleeping friend "My future lies with you, as your bronzerider." N'tanel would get up pretty soon and prepare for the Banquet that would be held in the Lower Caverns, but right now he wanted to be with Oath.

XXXXXXXXXXXXBlue Flit - Orson User Image XXXXXXBronze Dragon - OathUser Image  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:41 am
Feeding Myth the last handful of meat in the bowl, Auren listened as the Weyrlingmaster explained to them what would happen next. A couple of people came over to examine the tiny white dracling, but didn't seem to find anything wrong with her aside from her white hide.

I'm fine, the new dragon assured the girl as she was being looked at.

"Then why are they looking you over like this?" Auren asked uneasily, setting the now empty bowl aside. "They're not doing this with the other hatchlings."

They don't know that I'm okay, came the reply, as the sunny white yawned.

Looking back at where the Weyrlingmaster was discussing the option of carrying one of the bronzes back, as he had aparantly decided to curl up where he was, she cautioned, "You'd best wait until we get to the barracks before going to sleep, love."

You mean, I can't sleep here? Myth asked her chosen sadly.

"No," she replied with a soft, loving smile as the observers finally moved away. "They have another place ready for us. All of the others will be there, too."

So it's not just us? the dainty white asked as she yawned again. I hope it's not too far. Can I still have more to eat? I'm still hungry.

"As much as you want," Auren promised as she led her new friend over for another bowl. "I'll feed you on the way to where we'll be staying, if you like. Then when you're done, we'll be where you can sleep."

Myth nodded. Yes, that would be good. You are so thoughtful, she said as she took the first bite from the new bowl's contents.  

Time Eternal

Worlds Away: A "Dragonriders of Pern" RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces