Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
New Recommended Reading List Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:48 am
ShadowCatSoul
TeaDidikai
ShadowCatSoul
I will most definately have to check out some of these books. I am pleased to see that there is no Silver Ravenwolf on here, not that I saw anyway.
That's a bit like being pleased to see there's no Infancy Gospel of Thomas in the Catholic Canon. confused

No idea what that is...
It's a Gnostic Gospel. It's heretical, and thus, would not be found in the Catholic Canon completely unsurprisingly.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:07 am
Gho the Girl
ShadowCatSoul
TeaDidikai
ShadowCatSoul
I will most definately have to check out some of these books. I am pleased to see that there is no Silver Ravenwolf on here, not that I saw anyway.
That's a bit like being pleased to see there's no Infancy Gospel of Thomas in the Catholic Canon. confused

No idea what that is...
It's a Gnostic Gospel. It's heretical, and thus, would not be found in the Catholic Canon completely unsurprisingly.

Ah. Well you'd be suprised how many people whom I've heard say good things about Silver Ravenwolf's work.  

ShadowCatSoul

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:39 am
ShadowCatSoul
Gho the Girl
ShadowCatSoul
TeaDidikai
ShadowCatSoul

No idea what that is...

Ah. Well you'd be suprised how many people whom I've heard say good things about Silver Ravenwolf's work.
No I wouldn't, actually.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:27 pm
ShadowCatSoul

The point being that she's very fluffy and as a Fluffy Rehabilitation Guild, we wouldn't recommend her anymore than a Catholic would recommend a Gnostic text.  

TeaDidikai

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:10 pm
TeaDidikai
ShadowCatSoul

The point being that she's very fluffy and as a Fluffy Rehabilitation Guild, we wouldn't recommend her anymore than a Catholic would recommend a Gnostic text.

Understood idea  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:18 am
Quote:
Wiccan Beliefs and Practices by Gary Cantrell: User found it to be a very useful reference.

I disagree. I took this book out from the library several months ago and kept scoffing at what seemed to me to be a whole lot of misinformation.

I felt the book was ladened with his personal opinion. He either didn't have reputable sources or had none. He seemed to think Edain McCoy was a reputable source...

neutral  

Astrox

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:20 pm
TeaDidikai
ShadowCatSoul

But, my father has so many Gnostic text and is still REALLY Catholic.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:57 pm
maenad nuri

But, my father has so many Gnostic text and is still REALLY Catholic.
Yeah...
I'll retract it the day he recommends it as Catholic Canon.  

TeaDidikai

DemoniaFairy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:30 pm
not sure if this is the place to ask, but does anybody know of any good reads for growing herbs organically for beginners?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:38 pm
I'm wondering about this book I picked up one day (since it was one of the few with info on Traditional Wicca) called "Modern Wicca" by Michael Howard.
I'm almost done with the book, but Im really unsure about a lot of the information in there, and a lot of what's said about Gardner in it could seriously be an issue. Has anybody looked into this book?

MyValenwind

2,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:34 pm
Micheal Howard is a goodly author and Ronald Hutton recommends him. I am awaiting my copy personally (along with a couple of his other books biggrin )  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:39 pm
Arcanist Angus
Micheal Howard is a goodly author and Ronald Hutton recommends him. I am awaiting my copy personally (along with a couple of his other books biggrin )

Ahhh, okie dokie. Well, thats good to know.  

MyValenwind

2,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

StillBored123

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:20 pm
Um does anyone know where you can read these books online for free?

The public library I live by is very limited.
And I don't know if these books would be at a place like borders or Barnes and Noble<---- Only ones we [my family] knows that are in this area.

Thank you very much if you can help! smile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:33 pm
StillBored123

And I don't know if these books would be at a place like borders or Barnes and Noble<---- Only ones we [my family] knows that are in this area.

Some of them are open source on Sacred Texts. The rest you would have to purchase.  

Cunning Witch Angus

StillBored123

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:51 pm
Arcanist Angus
StillBored123

Some of them are open source on Sacred Texts. The rest you would have to purchase.

I see. Thank you. smile Guess Im going to just have to explore where I live more too haha  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff