[PRP] Some Happy Memories (Ubele and Peke) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:54 pm
For once, Ubele had no feelings of confusion, drama, sadness, despair . . . no. Today, she was happy. It was a strange feeling, but she'd woken up and just felt good about everything. She'd been able to work through her feelings of confusion. She was still unsure of what was going to happen now that she was an adult in the pride, but she knew that she would be able to handle it. Even if she'd lost her mother, she still had the tools with which to take her responsibility as a member of the pride. She had her brother, her father, and Huria to help her. She wasn't alone. She also had one good friend that she knew she could rely on.

Ubele hoped that Peke would be free to spend some time with her today. She could not remember them having a lot of happy times together. They'd been through so much and they'd helped each other through so much, but they'd never really had a day in which to just enjoy themselves and be happy. That was what she wished for today.

She and Huria, who was perched happily on her back, made their way to Peke's den and she called cheerfully into the doorway.

"Peke, are you there?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:15 pm
Peke was curled up around his bonded staring blankly at the den's wall. Though nightmares no longer plagued his dreams, not since he had met the goddess of truth, he never quite slept soundly much to his dismay. He couldn't shake the fears that when he slept he would dream of a tragedy, something terrible befalling one of his loved ones or one of his friends. He was not fond of his visions and while he no longer considered them to be a curse, he hardly considered them to be a blessing either.

As a result the young adult hardly slept for long, just long enough to not be stumbling around drowsy but not so long that he dreamed too much. Since he had spent much of his time after the earthquake and the deaths that had occurred in the after-events running away from his responsibilities and avoiding his ability his body had become accustomed to sleeping very little if any at all.

So when Ubele called into his den he lifted his head up immediately and turned it towards her. "Ubele," he replied finding a smile beginning to spread across his lips. He carefully untangled himself from his bonded as he stood doing his best not to wake the raven. He knew how worried Nguvu got and he felt that the bird deserved some rest. "I'll be back soon," he whispered lowering his head to whisper in his bonded's ear.

He stood trotting to the entrance, the smile still upon his lips. "Hey," he said.

Nuxaz

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:45 pm
Ubele grinned widely when she saw Peke. There was just something about him that always made her want to smile. He had always been so annoying as a cub, picking on her brother and generally making his life miserable. Now that they were older, however, she found that she wanted to spend more and more time with him.

It had taken her quite some time to figure out exactly what her feelings were and she'd been scared to accept them at first. However, when she'd admitted them to her brother, she found that she could admit it to herself.

She loved Peke.

However, she was not quite ready to let him know yet. Besides, she had no idea if he felt the same way about her. It was best just to wait and see how things worked out. She was content to merely spend time around him. He made her feel . . . peaceful.

"Good morning, Peke. How are you?" she asked, a bit concerned. Looking closer, she could see that Peke looked tired and a bit drawn. That was not good.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:54 pm
While Ubele was certain of her feelings for him, and he had no idea how she really felt, Peke was unsure of his own feelings toward the dark colored female. At times he felt very conflicted when he tried to sort out his feelings for his two best friends.

First there was Ubele, he had known her for a long time, and while he had conflicts with her brother he had always had a good relationship with her and frankly it was always getting better. She understood him in ways that others could not, they had so much in common. They had both been put through so much and given so much responsibility at a young age. Whenever he saw her depressed, sad, or upset in anyway all he wanted to do was make her smile and be happy.

Then there was Ethiopia, their whole friendship was something of an accident. They had met one day while he was sleep deprived and rather, er, delirious and he accused her of being a pawn of the outsiders. She was the first one to bring out the 'child' side of him and she had easily become his best friend.

He shook his head to clear his thoughts as he shrugged. "I've been better," he replied letting out a yawn. "Didn't get much sleep last night but," he wrinkled his nose. "It's not a big deal, I'm used to not sleeping too much," he admitted with a half smile. "Anyway, how are you?"

Nuxaz

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:45 pm
Ubele didn't like hearing that Peke was having trouble sleeping. She knew that he'd had trouble with that for awhile now. Still, her good mood couldn't keep her concerned for long. It was infectious. She grinned at his question and stepping forward, she bumped his shoulder with her own in an affectionate gesture.

"Actually, I'm really happy today. Not sure why, which sounds silly, but I woke up and I was really happy."

She hesitated a moment before continuing. She was almost nervous to ask him, but she managed to go ahead and ask.

"I was wondering if you have any plans for today? If you do, that's totally fine, but if you are free, I thought maybe we could go do something fun? It's a beautiful day and I want to enjoy it!"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:53 pm
He smiled at her warmly as she touched him. "Good, you deserve to be happy," he told her confidently. To see her happy made him happy. She had spent so much time feeling down and having so much shoved on to her shoulders that she hadn't had the chance to spend some simple time being happy. Not from what he could see at least.

He cocked his head at her when she paused, as if she had something to say but didn't want to. He found himself laughing lightly at her when she finally blurted it out. "No, no. I'm completely free," he told her trotting closer to her. "I would love to spend the day with you," he stated pressing his head against her shoulder quickly stepping back afterwards.

He hadn't spent much time with Ubele, a fact he regretted. He liked her, a lot, and was glad that he found a way to spend time with her. They were good friends, that much was true but it could always be something more.

"We don't spend enough time around each other," he commented softly.

Nuxaz

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:09 pm
Ubele smiled. Something about being around Peke made her feel relaxed and at ease. It hadn't always been that way. He had used to infuriate her by constantly teasing her twin brother, Ufunuo. But that had been when they were cubs. Drastic changes had led them together and she now considered him her closest friend, excepting her bondbird Ubele.

"Excellent! I was hoping you would say that," she said with a smile and a chuckle. She was really touched that he actually wanted to spend some time with her.

In the past, they had usually come to each other when they needed someone to talk to because they were upset. She liked that she had someone to go to when she was unhappy, but Ubele felt that the two of them needed to make some happy memories as well.

"I agree. Well, we will just have to remedy that," she said, nudging him playfully.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:59 pm
He chuckled at her enthusiasm, pleased to see that this simple fact had delighted his companion even more so. It was interesting how their relationship had developed and changed since they were children. It was amazing how much Peke himself had changed since he had been a cub. He had developed into a nearly unrecognizable lion, completely different than the personality of his past.

He was still changing.

"Yeah," he mumbled quietly smiling softly at her. He bumped his shoulder against hers as they moved forward curious as to what Ubele wanted to do. "I've been busy lately but I will always make time for you," he promised.

Nuxaz

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:27 pm
A warm feeling spread through Ubele when she heard him say that and she looked down quickly to cover the surge of emotions that was bound to run across her face. She had never been good at hiding her emotions from others, so it would be a challenge to keep hers hidden from Peke. She stilled her expression and smiled nonchalantly at him.

"As I will always make time for you! Now, what shall we do today? Any ideas?" asked Ubele, hoping not only to change the subject but to get their day started. She wanted to spend as much time with Peke as possible and didn't want to waste a single moment.

Their relationship was both complicated and confusing at times, but she treasured it. He kept her grounded. After everything that happened when they were cubs, both of them had changed so much and had been forced to deal with extraordinary circumstances. Ubele had gone from a confident and spoiled cub, to an uncertain juvenile. She had carried her uncertainties and insecurities into her adolescence and adulthood. She'd finally managed to accept her visions and the circumstances in her life. Now she needed to move on.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:52 am
Peke watched Ubele with a flicker of amusement dashing across his features as she looked away to hide the surge of emotions that overcame her. His grin had slipped into a more playful one, his blue eyes sparkling with a tempted laughter. He was quiet as he observed her, waiting for her to speak again before he considered how he might reply. The lion didn't have very many friends but he was content to say that simply being around them was just...easy.

"I should hope that you would," he replied playful, shaking his head. "I think," he paused to step forward. "That we should take a walk," he offered glancing over at her before motion with his head for her to follow. "There's a nice peak I'd like to show you," he explained starting forward, expecting her to follow him without too much hesitation.

"It's been a while since I've been to it, I don't go by very often..." he paused as sadness passed quickly over his features. "But it's a nice place to...reminisce," he told her acting as though it never had happened.

sherlolly

Nuxaz

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:29 pm
Ubele sighed with relief, believing, or perhaps convincing herself, that Peke hadn't seen her feelings. She would find some way to tell him. Soon. But not yet. She still needed to be time to be sure of his feelings for her. She knew that Peke had other friends in the pride and perhaps he had special feelings for one of them. The thought made her desperately sad, but she pushed it away. He had always been respectful of her feelings. She needed to be respectful of his, whatever they may be.

"A walk sounds lovely," she said, with a smile, falling in step beside him. "A nice peak? Sounds like a place I'd like to see," she added. Letting him set the pace, she simply relished in his company.

Her eyes glanced quickly overhead as Huria launched from her shoulder and took to the wind. She felt a surge of affection and gratitude for her bonded and then turned her attention back to her companion.

"So, where is this peak?"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:26 pm
Peke had never been good at understanding the feelings of females, in fact he had no clue that Ubele cared more for him that a friend should. Of course, he had been a fairly...emotionally unattached lion for most of his life. It was only recent that he had come to terms with the idea of feeling something other than anger, fear or fleeting moments of happiness. He could easily admit that now he felt something of...contentment.

"Do you remember," he started, blue eyes settling on her face, "right before the earthquake hit? Well maybe not, I think it was just me, Dumu and..." his voice dropped to the level of a whisper when he said her name, "Kuruka." He looked away, trying to keep her from seeing just how much his sister's memory still affected him. "Dumu insisted that we all go out and look for a bird, I tried to tell him that it wasn't how it worked but you know him. He was always the rash and impulsive one. If he hadn't dragged Kuruka along, I probably wouldn't have even gone but we went out looking for the biggest flock we could find," he told her, a tug of a smile pulling at his lips. Even though the memory had been, at the time, a scary one it was one of his fondest. Probably because it was one of the few he had of his sister.

"The hill itself is kinda small but the view is...breathtaking," he continued on, his pace quickening slightly. "Anyway, a particular bird caught my sister's attention and at the stupid urging of Dumu, she climbed an even higher rock trying to get closer." He shook his head, it always amused him that though Dumu was the older one, he had always been the more reserved and protective one. "That was when the earthquake," he added absentmindedly. "But the landslide of the area created an even prettier peak, it's a little bit of a rough trip but once you reach the top it levels out."

He had been looking ahead the entire time as it came into view. "I think you'll like it."

Sherlolly

Nuxaz

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:53 am
Ubele walked alongside her greatest friend and couldn't help but feel a rush of happiness. It was a feeling she rarely felt truly and completely. She felt it when she was with her father and her brother, she felt it when she had bonded to Huria, and she felt it when she was around Peke.

She was rather surprised when he brought up the subject of the earthquake. It was something that most of the pride members tried not to speak of. It had been such a dark time, full of fear and desperation. As cubs, it has also been so confusing. Ubele had lost her mother, Peke had lost his sister, and many others had been lost as well. It was also when they'd come into their visions.

She sent a sympathetic glance his way when he brought up Kuruka. She could tell that it was still such a sad subject for him. She had been such a sweet, sweet girl. Ubele had spent more time with her brother Ufunuo and Dumu as a cub, but she remembered liking the other girl.

Looking back ahead, she followed his gaze as the peak in question came into sight. It truly was lovely and impressive.

"Oh goodness. It's beautiful," she said softly.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:34 pm
Peke wasn't one that like to talk about his feelings, instead he kept them primarily to himself and only let them out when he was alone. It was why he rarely spoke of Kuruka, not because he wished to forget but because he still hadn't forgiven himself for her death. Though it was circumstances out of his control he couldn't help but think of all the things he could have done differently to ensure that she had never ended up alone. To ensure that she had never accidentally eavesdropped on the interlopers. Though her death had not been his fault, Peke was likely to feel as though it was for the rest of his life.

So he would come to this very spot and reminisce about the time he did have with his sister.

And some days...he would talk to her even though he knew it was likely that she had moved on past this plane and into the next. He wasn't sure he believed in the idea of angels, or an afterlife or even rebirth but he was certain that wherever she was that she was watching him. He could only hope that he made her proud.

"It might be one of my favorite spots in the valley," he admitted bashfully. "I've never taken anyone here before." He looked up at her briefly before looking back to the ground. "But I figure it's time to share it."

Sherlolly

Nuxaz

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:56 pm
Ubele blinked at that and glanced down to hide the rush of emotions. She hadn't known that this place was so special to him. And not only that, but he hadn't shared it with anyone. Until now. And he was sharing it with her. She felt so honored and special.

She and Peke were so similar sometimes. She knew that they both hid a great deal of their feelings, about the past, and the future. Ubele counted him as her best friend and the person she cared about the most beside her brother and father, and she couldn't imagine spending as much time with any of the other pride members. However, she knew that there was a chance that he might care more about one of other lionesses in the pride. There were many others around their age. Maybe he cared for one of them. Well, at least she had this. She believed him when he said she was the first one he had shared it with.

Looking over at him, she studied his expression for a moment before speaking.

"Thank you, Peke, for sharing this with me. I am honored that you would share it with me."

Nuxaz

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces