Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Couple Cosplay Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you want to couple cosplay?
I do, and have! It's fun!
27%
 27%  [ 46 ]
No. It'd be creepy.
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
I have a boy/girlfriend and am thinking about it.
26%
 26%  [ 43 ]
I am single, but really want to.
44%
 44%  [ 73 ]
Total Votes : 165

Hakumei no Kayami

Moonlight Hunter

9,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:28 pm
If someone has already created a thread like this, or if I created it in the wrong place, I'm sorry!
I tried to look things over carefully.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So I was just wondering, how many of you out there do couple cosplay? Have you and your boyfriend/girlfriend ever dressed up as your favorite characters from a show and did a sort of live-action roleplay of your favorite ship?
(I'm talking mostly het couples, but feel free to share about whatever.)

If you're single, would you want a boyfriend or girlfriend to cosplay with?

Do you have an ideal cosplay "date" or (NON-HENTAI) cosplay fantasy?

What couple, from what anime/manga/show/fandom, would you want to go as? Share!

Personally, I would love to cosplay Kuchiki Hisana (from Bleach) and have my boyfriend cosplay Byakuya. Because I just love them to death. xD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:49 am
Hyaaa the vocaloid cosplay looks amazing
Couple cosplay means I'm female and my partner must be male?

Hm.. I cant touch male before we married. So couple cosplay almost impossible to me

This is me and my boyfriends cosplay growlanser
User Image

I never dream about couple cosplay since I cant touch male. But if it female, I really want to do it

I have so many dream to cosplay with my female friends
This Sunday I will do photo session pairings between Shien (The purple wig) and Byako from Fuuma no Kojiro Live Action

Oh.. I can imagine I will do dating from beginning till end con this Sunday. YAY!

User Image  

shireishou

Newbie Gaian

FreakingCosmicKid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:23 am
Couple cosplay would be soooooo fun >3<

Not sure my boyfriend would though, he hasn't really been properly introduced to the anime world. Hmmm.

I did have a dream about it though! XD We went as Matt and Mello to a convention (The only thing we'd need to change is to dye his hair red, really >_> ) and people kept "awwwww"ing and stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:36 pm
When I had a boyfriend we cosplayed together alot, I loved it~  

Serenity-Sama

Cheery Conventioneer

Sugar Pucks

Indulgent Demigod

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:50 pm
I really like to couple cosplay. It's a good way for the two of us to get close. I've been couple cosplaying for almost 5 years now. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:46 pm
wah so happy to have Ur boyfriends cosplay together
I wish my boyfriends want to cosplay as Aizen and I'll become Momo. wehehehe  

shireishou

Newbie Gaian

MelodiousFlurry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:45 pm
I've done a lot of group cosplays. I've done several couple cosplays too. I apologize for any big photos ahead of time.

Couple cosplays:
Axel and Org. XIII Roxas (we weren't too great... and this was with my ex)
Stunt and Bumper - Dominic Deegan (again same as above)

Mei and Rihito - Mei-chan no Shitsuji (live action) (current gf)

Eiji and Ooishi - Prince of Tennis (current gf)
User Image

Fuji and Echizen - Prince of Tennis (current gf)
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:23 am
It's always seemed like lots of fun to me! ^__^.

Unfortunately, the only friends of mine that are really into anime/manga/games and cosplay usually don't live in the same country. That goes double for potential partners, I more often don't have one than actually being with someone, so there goes that option @_@.

Generally, if I'm emotionally close enough to someone to do a couple cosplay, either male or female (I crossplay too), there's usually a large geographical distance involved D=. I've been invited to overseas conventions several times and join friends there in groups or even just as a couple, but yeah, the expenses... ^^".

I am still highly interested though~. Mainly because in a couple cosplay you have, in my opinion, a lot more to work with to get 'into' your own character, since just like in a play, you're not just doing a solo thus having to provide everything yourself, but you actually have interaction. This goes for group cosplay too of course, but I've noticed those are often a lot less intimate and tight. I don't even mean you have to be romantically involved or something, I'd do a couple cosplay with a close friend too and I'm sure it'd be great fun, there's just a tighter bond in general ^^. And of course you have someone to stroll around the convention with and participate in events with right away too, it's all win-win here ^^.

Alas, still hoping (in vain, probably ;__ wink to get some close friends into cosplaying. Uhm... someone OTHER than the guy from university who keeps clinging to me at conventions now, thinking I'm the key to getting himself a hot girlfriend >.>'.  

XAngelswingsX

3,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Jesikira

1,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:02 am
I'd love to cosplay with my bf, I've been trying to convince him for a while now, but so far no such luck!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:28 am
I notice it's almost always the guys that are the hardest to convince.  

MelodiousFlurry

RenoShinra66

4,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:38 pm
Nice topic! well, my BF and I tried to meke it but he had some troubles with his cosplay and tomorow we are goingo to do it. It's Jill x Chris from RE with the S.T.A.R.S. Uniform, is someone is interesed I'll upload the pictures tomorrow after the convention  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:06 pm
if i got a boyfriend i really want to...but right now i only did some with my friends

i cosplayd Jessie and a friend of my James
and i did Konan and i had a Pain
Anya with a Gino

i aslo wanted to do Wendy and Peter Pan but my friend didnt make the peter pan on time T.T  

GleekSily3_6

Hakumei no Kayami

Moonlight Hunter

9,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:32 pm
Cool pics, Flurry! You guys look like you were really having fun!

Well, I'm glad some people are interested in this topic, since I felt like a total loser for posting it. sweatdrop

XAngelswingsX
It's always seemed like lots of fun to me! ^__^.

Unfortunately, the only friends of mine that are really into anime/manga/games and cosplay usually don't live in the same country. That goes double for potential partners, I more often don't have one than actually being with someone, so there goes that option @_@.

Generally, if I'm emotionally close enough to someone to do a couple cosplay, either male or female (I crossplay too), there's usually a large geographical distance involved D=. I've been invited to overseas conventions several times and join friends there in groups or even just as a couple, but yeah, the expenses... ^^".

I am still highly interested though~. Mainly because in a couple cosplay you have, in my opinion, a lot more to work with to get 'into' your own character, since just like in a play, you're not just doing a solo thus having to provide everything yourself, but you actually have interaction. This goes for group cosplay too of course, but I've noticed those are often a lot less intimate and tight. I don't even mean you have to be romantically involved or something, I'd do a couple cosplay with a close friend too and I'm sure it'd be great fun, there's just a tighter bond in general ^^. And of course you have someone to stroll around the convention with and participate in events with right away too, it's all win-win here ^^.

Alas, still hoping (in vain, probably ;__ wink to get some close friends into cosplaying. Uhm... someone OTHER than the guy from university who keeps clinging to me at conventions now, thinking I'm the key to getting himself a hot girlfriend >.>'.

User Image

I hear you, oh boy do I hear you. I totally understand.

To be honest, I've never really had a real boyfriend. (There was this one guy freshman year, but I didn't like him like that and I only went out with him for a short while because I was a silly little girl wanting to fit in.) I've had a couple guys since then who've asked me out, but I'm SUPER picky (19-years-old-and-not-bad-looking kind of picky), so I'm still alone. >':
There is only one person I know IRL right now who likes to cosplay, and he's one of my best friends. Only thing is, I would feel really weird doing a couple cosplay with him because he's liked me for a long time and I am absolutely not interested. At all. >,>;

I guess it's just the dreamer in me, hoping to meet a guy who's cute, meets my moral standards, AND likes to cosplay.
What are the freaking odds of that?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:23 pm
☆•••••★【At the third twilight, the surviving shall praise my honorable name on high.】★•••••☆

The Endless Witch, Beatrice says:
★「In the past, I've done Light x L and even won an award for it.

Currently, I've done Stein x Marie and next is Shanon x George. I can't wait to do the latter one, though!
」★

☆•••••★【At the ninth twilight, the Witch shall be revived and none shall be left alive.】★•••••☆

OneWingedEagle

Sparkly Cat

11,250 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Object of Affection 150

MelodiousFlurry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:08 am
@ Hakumei

We were having fun. Mei and Rihito was actually for the convention Masquerade Ball. We didn't stay long because apparently her binding was a little too tight for her. >_<

Doing the Golden Pair (Eiji/Ooishi) and the Thrill Pair (Fuji/Ryoma) was really fun. And how we based our versions of the characters was by using a combination of the anime, manga, and musical series. And as far as the musical series go, we did it based off of certain actors that played them. (Setomaru/Adachi, Zukki, Aiba/Furukawa, Doori/Shuugo)

At some point I'll probably persuade her to bring out our live action Fuuma no Koujirou outfits again. See... when she's not cosplaying as Reira, we cosplay as the twins, Kou and Shoryu. We have so many more couple cosplays planned it's not even funny. (Silver pair anyone? Or even the Platinum pair?)  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff