Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
What do They Think of You? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nadaniasang

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:47 am
My parents are a little apprehensive about the whole anime thing, but they really do support me on it. To them, it doesn't matter what I'm running off too as long as it's not illegal enough for me to get hard jail time. My grandparents think it's hilarious, but I also don't tell them alot about it. They just think it's a convention for Halloween costumes. XD  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:41 pm
My parents are honestly okay with it, they just can't believe I buy so much s**t and wonder if I'll use it all xD My mom thinks it's cute and when we make cosplays it's a fun project for her. She's even going to be helping me bind, cuz' it's a little hard on my own. I don't know my dad's opinion on it, but if he's willing to drive us obviously he can't care too much. Honestly, as long as my boobs aren't hanging out an dmy a** is showing they're okay with cosplay. What they're most concerned about it safety, because our little city isn't at all like Toronto ><

Most of my friends are into anime and a lot of them are interested in cosplay. Another friend and myself are the only ones who have been to a con, so this Friday will be the first con for a lot of them and the first cosplaying experience.  

tokkitoria

Brainy Bunny

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300

Sugar Pucks

Indulgent Demigod

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:45 pm
I was very lucky when I younger, for my mother loved the fact that I liked to costume. Sure, she was apprehensive about sending her daughter off with other costumes weirdos, but in time she grew to accept it. (Hell, my mom liked to watch anime with me, so I guess I was damn lucky!)

My dad didn't really care, but was proud of the fact that I was making my own costumes. He even helped me with snaps at one point, because I had a sprained arm and couldn't hammer them in.

Now that I'm older, and I have a fiance, we both costume. No one thinks it's weird, except for our roommate. (But he can suck it. xp )  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:55 pm
Hmm... Well my family knows now and they're okay with it. They even help out. It's so ironic! I thought they would be making fun of me but they actually like helping out in any way they can.

My boyfriend loves anime.. he loves it more than I do! [ Yuh, that's a lot of love there !] But he thinks that it's weird to cosplay. He supports me but he says he'd never cosplay with me.. C:  

II C i n n a m u n II

aquatius

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:30 am
People usually just think it's a bit weird and I've never got any real flak for it. When I mentioned I liked anime in Japan, however they all asked "You're not an otaku, right?" because it's generally a negative thing in Japan.  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff