Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Enochian Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:25 pm
sabaku-okami
I didn't know, post rules or something.

Nuri has been working on that I believe.
Quote:
If everyone is going to jump on everything that I do what what is the point of having a guild on magic when the only thing you people do is jump me for everyhting that I say.

Not a guild on just magic. Did you read the homepage before you clicked "Join Guild"?
Tea is NOT jumping on you. However, your misinformation IS being challenged. It would be a good idea to not confuse the two. You are making some pretty steep claims and then not bothering to provide proof, but rather you ask others to prove you wrong.

Edited for clarity.

Edited for MOAR clarity rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:37 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
sabaku-okami

Quote:
If everyone is going to jump on everything that I do what what is the point of having a guild on magic when the only thing you people do is jump me for everyhting that I say.

Not a guild on just magic. Did you read the homepage before you clicked "Join Guild"?
No one is jumping on you. However, your misinformation IS being challenged. It would be a good idea to not confuse the two. You are making some pretty steep claims and then not bothering to provide proof, but rather you ask others to prove you wrong.

Edited for clarity.

their is no difference. MAGIC CAN NOT BE PROVEN OR DISPROVEN, SCIENCE IS NEEDED TO DO THAT AND A PERSONS OPINON SHOULD BE REALIZED NOT CRITIZED BY YOU AND FORCE YOUR VIEWS ON ME.  

bigdickpenny

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:39 pm
sabaku-okami
Violet Song jat Shariff

No one is jumping on you. However, your misinformation IS being challenged. It would be a good idea to not confuse the two. You are making some pretty steep claims and then not bothering to provide proof, but rather you ask others to prove you wrong.

Edited for clarity.

their is no difference.

Yea there is.
If you want someone to jump on you, I will be more than happy to oblige.
In fact, since there is no honor on the internet and you've acknowledged this, why are you even bitching about being "jumped on"??
Quote:
MAGIC CAN NOT BE PROVEN OR DISPROVEN, SCIENCE IS NEEDED TO DO THAT AND A PERSONS OPINON SHOULD BE REALIZED NOT CRITIZED BY YOU AND FORCE YOUR VIEWS ON ME.

An opinion can still be wrong and/or inconsistent though.
Opinions are not sacred.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:42 pm
sabaku-okami

their is no difference. MAGIC CAN NOT BE PROVEN OR DISPROVEN, SCIENCE IS NEEDED TO DO THAT AND A PERSONS OPINON SHOULD BE REALIZED NOT CRITIZED BY YOU AND FORCE YOUR VIEWS ON ME.
Calm down. 3nodding

You still aren't reading what they're telling you - the guild isn't about magic. It's about factual representation of Pagan faiths and educating people about them. Magic may come as a secondary point to that, but it is not the focus of the guild. Nor has anyone here said magic needs to be proven, that I can see. You're fighting a straw man.

Also, there is a difference between religion and magic. My religious path, for instance, involves none. At least not in the ritual casting sense. Nor do I do prayer, so that one's out too. Are you insisting that I have magic and I must believe regardless of that?

Also also, in regards to the opinion thing? It is possible for an opinion to be incorrect, and that is what will get challenged. Not the fact that a person has one at all, but the facts behind it. 3nodding  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

bigdickpenny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:30 pm
Byaggha
sabaku-okami

Calm down. 3nodding

You still aren't reading what they're telling you - the guild isn't about magic. It's about factual representation of Pagan faiths and educating people about them. Magic may come as a secondary point to that, but it is not the focus of the guild. Nor has anyone here said magic needs to be proven, that I can see. You're fighting a straw man.

Also, there is a difference between religion and magic. My religious path, for instance, involves none. At least not in the ritual casting sense. Nor do I do prayer, so that one's out too. Are you insisting that I have magic and I must believe regardless of that?

Also also, in regards to the opinion thing? It is possible for an opinion to be incorrect, and that is what will get challenged. Not the fact that a person
and you are not reading what im saying you can not prove anything.

I dont care if its straw I'll burn the straw then and use it to temper the blade.
I thought that his was a magic guild not prove it facts guild?
If i want a sciencitst them I'll go to my brother. an opinon can not be wrong. that is ingorance. Belife is what you want it to be that is what bbeliving is. You people need to understand that. You always jump to conclusions and try to make it seem like you know everything. So tell me what you belive in and prove its extince to me. You opinon is wrong so no matter what you say im right. That is how this works yes?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:32 pm
sabaku-okami
I thought that his was a magic guild

Why would the pagan fluffy rehab centre be a magic guild?

sabaku-okami
an opinon can not be wrong.

Your opinion is that opinions can not be wrong.
My opinion is that opinions can be wrong.

If I am right, then opinions can be wrong.
If you are right, then you must acknowledge that my opinion can not be wrong.
Therefore opinions can be wrong.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

bigdickpenny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:35 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
sabaku-okami

Quote:

Tea is NOT jumping on you. However, your misinformation IS being challenged. It would be a good idea to not confuse the two. You are making some pretty steep claims and then not bothering to provide proof, but rather you ask others to prove you wrong.

Edited for clarity.

None of you are proving anything to me other then you are rude. If you are ones for proof then prove to me you are right. I don't have any obglaition to prove me to you. First prove to me that I am wrong with facts that are not from a human source, can be proved by scientific method then if all of that is fact based and is 100% accurate then I will admit wrong. I have learned things from being here alrighty so its not like im picking fights. biggrin
But if we are going to nitpick everything someone says then so be it. It is not a guild of help but criticism.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:36 pm
For the second time, no, this is not a guild about magic specifically. It is a pagan scholarship guild, meaning sources will be cited and misinformation will be called into question. 3nodding

And to a degree, you are correct about belief. Belief is whatever you believe in (if that even comes close to making any sense, I'll be shocked). The problem comes when you make a belief claim that others can prove is incorrect - for instance, if I were to claim I was a member of a Wiccan coven, other people can call this into question by asking me for lineages and information Wiccans would know. The other forum Wiccans can call all kinds of things into question, and until I can provide proofs, my words will not be taken at face value. The same goes for claims of priesthood of any sort, membership in certain cultural groups, and various other things.

This is not calling into question the validity of a practice or a belief, just what you name it. You can still hold the beliefs you hold, they just aren't what you're calling them.  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:39 pm
Sabuka, I would remind you that you only have 80 minutes before I go about asserting that you are not the author of the Enochian article.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:50 pm
sabaku-okami
Byaggha
sabaku-okami

Calm down. 3nodding

Also also, in regards to the opinion thing? It is possible for an opinion to be incorrect, and that is what will get challenged. Not the fact that a person

and you are not reading what im saying you can not prove anything.

A person can prove that their claims, such as being an authority in a certain tradition. If the person espouses things that are contrary to the Tradition then how can they be considered an authority? If a person shows e's self to be knowledge in the tradition, then how is it not correct to consider the person an authority?

Quote:
I thought that his was a magic guild not prove it facts guild?

You have been told repeatedly that this is not a guild dedicated to magic. It is a guild dedicated to pagan faiths and helping persons learn correct information about them as they grow in their Tradition or just learn in general.

Quote:
If i want a sciencitst them I'll go to my brother.

Proof doesn't require science.

Quote:
an opinon can not be wrong.

Merriam-Webster:

1 a : a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter b : approval, esteem
2 a : belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge b : a generally held view

How does holding the status of an opinion give the thought an immunity from being wrong?

Quote:
that is ingorance. Belife is what you want it to be that is what bbeliving is.

If I believe that Jeremy Chrome is President of the United States, is it not wrong?

Quote:
You people need to understand that. You always jump to conclusions and try to make it seem like you know everything.

If the conclusions one arrives at are incorrect, in your view, then why not offer evidence so as to prove this?

Quote:
So tell me what you belive in and prove its extince to me. You opinon is wrong so no matter what you say im right. That is how this works yes?

My faith cannot be proven. However, one might observe what I say and find there are no inconsistencies in my claimed beliefs (one does not contradict the other) and one might observe what I say and find what I say is not inconsistent with what I claim to be.  

Aino Ailill

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:54 pm
sabaku-okami
Violet Song jat Shariff
sabaku-okami

Quote:

Edited for clarity.

None of you are proving anything to me other then you are rude.

Is this projection?
Quote:
If you are ones for proof then prove to me you are right.

Oh gee we would...except that I don't think any of us are making the claims here.
Quote:
I don't have any obglaition to prove me to you.

TEA WHERE IS THAT IRONY TROUT?
Also, given this quoted line and the previous quoted line, is a Double Standards Tuna an order as well?
Quote:
First prove to me that I am wrong with facts that are not from a human source,

It's not our job to prove you wrong.
But I'm sure as someone who "loves" debate, you know this.
Quote:
It is not a guild of help but criticism.

So criticism can't be helpful?
Oh dear.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:54 pm
How do you think they're being rude? They're just asking for proof. That's not too hard to respond to.

And opinions very much can be wrong. That's why they're called opinions, and not facts.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

bigdickpenny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:56 pm
CuAnnan
Sabuka, I would remind you that you only have 80 minutes before I go about asserting that you are not the author of the Enochian article.

But I am besides ill just start another one and maybe people will post what the subject is about. So this guild is for teaching then you people are doing a very crappy job of it.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:57 pm
sabaku-okami
CuAnnan

But I am besides ill just start another one and maybe people will post what the subject is about. So this guild is for teaching then you people are doing a very crappy job of it.

Maybe it's not the teachers, but the student.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:58 pm
sabaku-okami

A teacher is under no obligation to ensure his student's behaviour.
You have been rude, inconsiderate, lied, insulted and generally made a grade a d**k-head of yourself.
You're not ready to learn.
So go, wallow in your ignorance. Hopefully you'll attempt the lesser bindings of Solomon and get eaten by Vassago or something.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff