Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How are you?
  Good
  Bad
  Meh
  Gold please? (Sure, here ya go...)
  Less "blah, blah, blah" and more Dresden content!!
  How can I get a Bob of my very own?
View Results

Sprainogre
Crew

Learned Seeker

10,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:47 am
In the interest of getting some life into the "between book lull" what do folks think of what's come out for the Dresden Files RPG?

Alternatively, how's everyone doing? mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:41 am
I can't wait to see the finished product. biggrin  

Mystic Book Collection

4,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

J. Dragonhater
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:18 pm
It'll be intresting to see it when it's finished.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:46 pm
my self and 5 others would love to join rpg of dresden.  

Shade Anam Nightsbane
Captain

8,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Team Jacob 100

lilystartree

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:52 pm
so a bunch of my friends got the RPG books, and we all made characters, but are having a hard time figuring out how fighting works. anyone who has figured it out please let me know lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:52 am
What questions do you have? I'm playing in one Dresden Files game and running another at the moment.  

Sprainogre
Crew

Learned Seeker

10,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

J. Dragonhater
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:17 pm
I am clueless about RPGs of this sort but I got the books anyways and I was not disapointed. That AAAA Wizardy was a good story by itself but all the information in the second book is cool, a real encylopedia of the Dresdenverse. I think it's cool the way Billy, Harry and Bob are having disscussions in the margins too. Annoying at first but cool.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:56 am
I thought the annotations were a really clever feature. Especially since these books are supposed to be a rough draft of Billy's attempt at making a "Dracula" for all the monsters.

I love how Harry keeps making snide remarks about his "player" (Jim Butcher) and all the trouble he must get in "because" of him.  

Sprainogre
Crew

Learned Seeker

10,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

J. Dragonhater
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:08 pm
I agree Sprainogre. It was a good bit of insight into both Harry and Will.

All the specific data in the second book was really cool to, it almost makes me wonder if Butcher had all this sort of RPG data prior to writting the books. It was cool to learn about the specific ladder of power amongst the creatures too.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:21 am
From how long it took to get these book together, and that it doesn't sound like a system Butcher plays, I don't think so. However, he sounds like a tried and true gamer, so there might have been stat blocks of some sort out there. But, yeah, even for people who don't play the game, I'd recommend the second book: Our World. The reference info for all the things that go bump in the night and all the little notes and thoughts on them are great.  

Sprainogre
Crew

Learned Seeker

10,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

DresdenBerlin

Dapper Smoker

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:40 am
A group of my normal table top friends have gotten together and started a run of it. I'm the GM so unfortunatly I don't get to play. I really like the system and am becoming a fast fan of the FATE system. I really love the aspect system in the game. Its my groups first time playing a game with FATE and theyve picked it up really easy. I also really love city creation. Makes the group more invested in the setting seeing as they helped create it.

Heh, lot of rambling. So far our game has a Knight of the Cross, A wizard, and a Warden. I was really hoping someone would play a vinnila mortal. But everyone in my game is pretty hungry for fate. Pretty good for me. Fantastic game heart  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:13 am
Unless someone has a solid idea for a vanilla mortal, playing something that has their refresh chewed up by awesome powers is going to be WAY more likely.  

Sprainogre
Crew

Learned Seeker

10,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The Dresden Files - The Official Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers