Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Cosplaying Outside of Cons Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WHUT?
I'd do it too.
87%
 87%  [ 121 ]
Your gonna get a lot of stares.
9%
 9%  [ 13 ]
You crazy foo.
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 139

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:22 pm
Anyone ever cosplayed just for the heck of it? Nothing really involved like a con or meet up? Just randomly throwing something on and walking to the grocery store ever happen to you? Tell us your stories or ideas here. ^_^

So next Friday a bunch of Japanese School girls are coming to my school to stay with some host families for the weekend. (which I think is a terribly short time) I told my friend who adores school girls because of the fact you usually only see them in series. XD So I was invited by a friend to come along to bowling with them after school. I told my other friend and asked if she'd like to come. She said she'd dress as a school girl if she did and then she outburst with "No I'll wear cosplay! We should both wear cosplay! They'll understand what we're doing." I was like "They might even know what series it is." XD

Does this seem like a good idea? To randomly go hang with a bunch of school girls while wearing cosplay and your bowling? cool  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:39 pm
Do it! Cosplay is something that should be done when ever possible. Even if theres no reason, it should still be done XD Besides, nothings funnier then getting someone who gives you a weird look, and going completely in-character to them >D Priceless.  

Obscuranoxious

xx-Lez-Alex-xx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:29 am
Totally! That's one of the best things to do! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:59 pm
XD Awesome. I'm glad I'm not one of the only people that will do that. I'm just not sure what cosplay to put on. :/ lol  

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

KawaiiAngelNekoRose

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:57 pm
I do that on a daily basis, because I'm not afraid to be who I am inside, which is a neko. Mew. X3 =3 o3o 3nodding Also... I don't mind the stares, it's a lot of fun to get attention, and so what if people make fun of me? I just think they are jealous that I have the confidence to be myself, mew. X3 =3 o3o xd  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:53 pm
Random cosplaying is my life. Whenever my friends and I decided to hang out, our first choice is always "let's cosplay and go out for dinner." The best part is that we always get the best service in the restaurant when we cosplay.

And we go to school in cosplay sometimes, just for fun. And go to the park in cosplay. Good times.  

Wielder of Mighty Pencil!

salsaplant

GO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:43 pm
The only times I've ever cosplayed out side of a convention was right before or after one ^^; I've gone to Friendly's dressed as a Shinigami, pumped gas and went out to a fancy restaurant dressed as Sailor Venus (had my brother who was cosplaying Tuxedo Mask go in to pay XD ), been to the bank dressed as Blair from Soul Eater, and knowing me I'll probably end up going somewhere public in cosplay during NYAF next week ^^;  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:00 pm
We do this kind of stuff all the time! biggrin Especially when we go get food, since we (one of the Anime Clubs I'm in- this one's Genshiken) tend to hang out in costumes smile I've walked around in costume at many times of the year, and usually we go outside the manga shop where we all hang out together and dance! biggrin

(If you're ever in/near Erie on a Saturday, go to Gold Star Anime between noon and 4PM! It's our home base! biggrin )  

jyrotika

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:22 am
Well I've worn cosplay to school once but that wasn't a really good idea. I'm never doing it again because we always got harassed. I never much noticed the stares because I didn't care about them but when someone starts "accidentally" tripping your friend or throwing trash at you because your weird, that draws the line. I talked to security and they did nothing about it so I just stopped all together. But still when I get the chance I'll wear my cosplays. ;3  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:51 am
i'v never cosplayed outside a con before, but it sounds really fun... i think i'll have to make my friends do it with me ^.^  

xBulmax

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:31 am
Scientific_erotic
Well I've worn cosplay to school once but that wasn't a really good idea. I'm never doing it again because we always got harassed. I never much noticed the stares because I didn't care about them but when someone starts "accidentally" tripping your friend or throwing trash at you because your weird, that draws the line. I talked to security and they did nothing about it so I just stopped all together. But still when I get the chance I'll wear my cosplays. ;3
This can be a problem, but after I kept up cosplaying at school the jerks left me alone. I think they just want to see if they can make you stop. It also might have been helped by the fact that one of my costumes has a tail held on by safety pins... I didn't notice, but one of the pins had opened. Someone went to pull my tail and grabbed the pin by accident. No one has touched my costumes since then.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:01 pm
Scientific_erotic
This can be a problem, but after I kept up cosplaying at school the jerks left me alone. I think they just want to see if they can make you stop. It also might have been helped by the fact that one of my costumes has a tail held on by safety pins... I didn't notice, but one of the pins had opened. Someone went to pull my tail and grabbed the pin by accident. No one has touched my costumes since then.
Well I would have tried again but my costumes would get dirty as well, not always from others but yeah. My friends kept wearing there's until they graduated or moved. They never got left alone. Especially since one of them would sometime come dressed to school as a clown. XD makeup and all, I thought it was really cool but everyone else was like WTF.  

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:05 pm
Scientific_erotic
Scientific_erotic
Well I would have tried again but my costumes would get dirty as well, not always from others but yeah. My friends kept wearing there's until they graduated or moved. They never got left alone. Especially since one of them would sometime come dressed to school as a clown. XD makeup and all, I thought it was really cool but everyone else was like WTF.
That sucks that they kept getting harrassed. The clown costume does sound awesome, but I bet it took a while to get ready for school. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:31 pm
Ive cosplayed many times at school, it was great and fun cause there were a lot of anime fans there. But of course there were the dicks who would make of me and such..but I just ignored it and told em to f*** off. They left me alone specially when I dressed as gaara from naruto. I had made the gourd with my friend and it was huge and made of fiberglass so it would hurt them if they tried to punch it haha. THe last time I cosplayed out at a mall in cincinatti. I was dressed as naruto, I had the tail, the cosplay ( ofcourse), and even my hair exactly like his. I got alot of stares, some laughs, but also soo many pix taken, and so many people coming up to me telling me about cons that were near. I even saw a random kakashi walk past me. It was so random we both stopped turned around and stood their looking at each other going, wow we had the same idea. Heck if even dressed up as sylvestor and put my naruto cosplay over it, people loved it at the con and at the mall and around the streets.  

RedFoxDamian

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:01 pm
Scientific_erotic
Scientific_erotic
That sucks that they kept getting harrassed. The clown costume does sound awesome, but I bet it took a while to get ready for school. XD
Well she never painted her face white. And it was only black makeup so it wasn't too terrible. But it freaked out soooo many people. I thought it was pretty freaking sweet though. XD  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff