Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Cosplaying Outside of Cons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WHUT?
  I'd do it too.
  Your gonna get a lot of stares.
  You crazy foo.
View Results

Cariella

Questionable Shopper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:07 am
Veretix
Funny/Sad/Scary story.

One of my friends came over to help me finish my Uniform China (Hetlia) cosplay. Well i had most of it done and decided to try it fully on. Not to toot my own horn or anything but my cosplay looked freaken sweet. I decided to show my mom because she was the only one in the house. So my friend followed me down to the kitchen where my mom was and i showed off the costume to her. Her reponce: "You look like a Nazi with a basket on your back." I nearly died from that comment. i still can't get over it.

Aww! That's terrible! D: I bet it looks really good though. :3  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:58 pm
One time me and my friend dressed up as Chibitalia and Hungary from Hetalia and we went with my mom to Albertsons X3. We got alot of weird looks especially in the International foods section we started shouting out the names of the country the food came from XD. Ahh good times, good times.
Oh yeah! On May 1st it's wear your cosplay to Starbucks day so I'm going to be doing that and hopefully getting my anime club to do it!  

AstroRuby

PandaTeddy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:34 pm
Veretix
Funny/Sad/Scary story.

One of my friends came over to help me finish my Uniform China (Hetlia) cosplay. Well i had most of it done and decided to try it fully on. Not to toot my own horn or anything but my cosplay looked freaken sweet. I decided to show my mom because she was the only one in the house. So my friend followed me down to the kitchen where my mom was and i showed off the costume to her. Her reponce: "You look like a Nazi with a basket on your back." I nearly died from that comment. i still can't get over it.

My mom is also convinced that Hetalia characters are nazis. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:50 pm
I went to school in a Mad Hatter cosplay... though it wasn't a very good costume. I whipped it up the night before because I was bored. XD  

damaged-reality

Mirialiah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:34 pm
My cosplay group and a few more friends and I went to McDonalds and Walmart one night all dressed up. A random lady thought we worked there. xD She came up to my roommate and started asking her where celophane wrapping paper would be. Lauren said she didn't know and the lady was like, "Wait...do you work here?"

Funny thing is... my roommate was dressed as Holo from spice and Wolf, fox ears and all. xD

Who the heck works at Walmart dressed like that?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:39 pm
I haven't done it yet but when I finish my igglybuff costume from pokemon I think I'm going to go to random places around my town and have my friend tape it.

Or have him in his ash ketchum costume try to battle me at random places. This would only work if we had someone dressed as another pokemon. Or if we used one of my pokemon stuffed animals.  

bloodysword4

Newbie Elder

Rushed xx

Distinct Partygoer

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:36 pm
Oh! I'm so glad I found this thread! xD ok, here's my story;

It was last weekend & my order for a whole package of random stuff I ordered (which I worked my a** off forever for), and it was all brightly colored with purple, red, green, yellow, that sky blue, & I was like oh hellllll yes! So as mom was in the other room, I yelled "Ok! I'm going to go on my walk now mom!"
(I need to lose weight because I'm fat so I walk everyday.) & she nodded & said "Ok!" so as I step out the door, I already received a honk from some guys XD I wore a kinda tutu-ish plaid skirt colored green with the blue into it, my top was sort of coat lookin thing with red & purple stripes and it had cottails striped black & white and I didn't wear the fishnet because it was bright yellow & I don't think you coulv'e seen it because I'm really pale.

I felt so good that evening =) everyone stared as they passed.  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff