Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Cosplaying Outside of Cons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WHUT?
  I'd do it too.
  Your gonna get a lot of stares.
  You crazy foo.
View Results

Sunshine_DIE

Skilled Gaian

3,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:37 am
Since my cosplays are mostly j-rock or Visual Kei-related I can wear them almost every day.

And I'm used to the stares...back in the days when I was working at a local renaissace fair, I ran through town in costume for 16 days. I got alot of comments from total strangers and I remember quite alot of kids who wanted to have photos taken with me.

And then there was the time when the Lord of the Rings-Movies came out. We went to the premieres in costume and got photographed by some press-people.

Of course there are always ignorant jerks who try to insult you with their comments...but I ignore those. Nowadays I just laugh it off.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:37 pm
Dude one night me and my friends were just chilling and we decided to wear our akatsuki cloaks and walk around the neighborhood xD
We scared a couple of kids that were riding their bikes but we also had others saying "Itachi Rules" xD It was fun lol  

evilwings4

7,150 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100

trapseeker 13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:33 pm
x3 i cosplayed as kankoro the same cosplay i used at a cosplay convention and my friend was dressed up like a puppet. so me and a friend are Urban Ninja so ya my friend and me where doing tricks thru out the streets and mall, we even did tricks and stunts in the mall when where being chased by the mall cops xD.... we got away and it was so much fun...so cosplay for ever my friends !!

We cosplay on the streets ,
We cosplay on the stage,
We cosplay every whear ,
And this is how we cosplay in the states !

teem: Sonic Jumpers :me: TeCkN0 H
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:03 pm
if it was for me i wear cosplay all the time...

but well i think my parents will lock me up or something XD

but we have almost every month a cosplay meeting here..
whe got some who come back every while like the Arcom (arnhem cosplay meeting), the ACM (amsterdam cosplay meeting), RCM (rotterdam cospaly meeting and the Ucm (utrecht cosplay meeting)
whe also have two time a year summer and winter a Efteling cosplay meeting (efteling is a theme park) and whe got the Drievliet cosplay meeting (also a theme park)
we also go to the Zoo with cosplay x3

were just crazy about cosplay XD  

GleekSily3_6

OneWingedEagle

Sparkly Cat

11,250 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:33 pm
☆•••••★【At the third twilight, the surviving shall praise my honorable name on high.】★•••••☆

The Endless Witch, Beatrice says:
★「I've done this on many occasions. I go to school in cosplay. 」★

☆•••••★【At the ninth twilight, the Witch shall be revived and none shall be left alive.】★•••••☆

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:27 pm
I like to cosplay whenever possible, but I don't get to very often.

I was going to go to the mall at YOumacon when I was dressed as Turkey, but because of how much was on it -- like you couldn't see any inch of my skin except near my eyes... It was best not to.

Considering paranoia now a-days head to toe cosplay is not good in malls sad Otherwise yes, yes I have.

We went to Subway in Death Note and my friend, dressed as L, pulled off her shoes and sat down smile  

Anko Loves Dango

Friendly Faun

21,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500

Rinkun

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:56 pm
I think I'm the odd one out.

I flat out refuse to cosplay outside a convention. I went to a mall about 5 years back with a bunch of people in cosplay and I never felt so embarassed for myself and the other people.

I believe there's a time and day for it. Conventions, photoshoots, gatherings, but that's it. Not for everyday normal wear =/

I guess I'm just old XD  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:09 pm
Personally I don't see anything wrong with it. Enjoy life, and enjoying life may mean for someone- enjoying cosplaying. So why not? I mean as long as you're not endangering yourself or anyone else, have fun with it. Granted you're going to get stares, hell I did when I was back in Virginia when I used to take WIP images around my neighborhood- because people didn't even know of theater pretty much...

But now that I've moved to SF I don't think it's an issue. However I don't think I'd take elaborate cosplays outside. There are two that I want to work on so I can take photoshoots around the city. One being a surprise the other is America from Hetalia. Though one thing to keep in mind is depending where you live people will look at you more oddly than the other.

Though I don't think I'd wear it every day use so to say. For one cosplays are not the cheapest, and second of all I am still quite shy when it comes to dealing with the normies. Personally though; I don't think a person should cosplay to school- they really are opening a can of worms with that one. Also some schools only allow certain things to be worn.

But if it's a con, photoshoot, gathering or maybe just a private photoshoot- why not. I just don't like the idea of possibly damaging the costume or getting grass stains on something, etc etc, I am a little a**l when it comes to ruining/dirtying my costume up.  

Esper Kit

Sith Faced

Spacey Nymph

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:42 pm
Only done that once or twice. The first time, we just wore our Akatsuki cloaks to H-Mart and bought fishy waffles, haha.
The second time I was all in my CyberGoth gear (Six in platform boots, neon pink fuzzy boot covers, fishnets, black tutu, pink shirt, black medical mask, and HUGE CyberFalls (Friend made them, High Quality, worth around $200)). I got a lot of stares, but I also got chased around by little kids! They adored me, and kept playing with the cryn in my falls and petting my boot covers, lol. Only wore that because I needed to be able to make sure I would be able to wear that for 72 hours at SakuraCon, but it passed the test.

But now, I don't even wear my wigs outside of cons anymore. I don't mind people doing it as long as they don't shout irritating Japanophilic things and ruin everyone else's first impression of my favorite hobby.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:08 pm
i think it's an awesome idea! why just do it at a convention when you can do it anytime and anywhere. It's what we love doing and why not, after putting so much effort into making or purchasing your cosplay. Taking pictures is also fun when your out.  

roxxx_von_teese

CreepyShadows

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:10 pm
YEs i cosplay for the heck of it!!!

I run through the mall where my cosplays! its sooooo funny!!!
i crack up to where i cry of the looks i get. i get ppl pulling there kids away like i gonna bite them  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:25 pm
User Image

The only times I have cosplayed outside of a cons is when I'm doing photo shoots or traveling down to a con (Or from). Its funny how so many people stare at you rolleyes . Also one time my friends and me were walking to the store in cosplay because we wanted to pick up something to eat after our photo shoot and a car full of guys passed by yelling Harry Potter sucks at us...The funny thing was we were dress as characters from Avatar: The Last Airbender not HP sweatdrop
User Image

Dark_Fluffy-Chan

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:22 am
It's called the weekend for me. Yeah, I don't go out, but I would still wear the outfit out if I went out. Then again, I did go out to stores in my Halloween costume twice already, but that's Halloween.

Recently, I wore my dragon horns I made for a Lolita outfit to several stores because I forgot I was wearing them until I got out to the car. I've worn my Lolita-esque outfits out in public as well. I don't care if people stare. I just stare right back and see if they like it. Nya.....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:22 am
I've come to school in cosplay twice, I think...

Once I came in my Judai/Jaden Yuki cosplay from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, but my hair was so long by then, that nobody really recognized me besides the Slifer Red jacket.

And the second time, I actually just pulled on my Emerald-style May vest for a Pokemon cosplay at this festival thing at the community college.
It was fun.
... I think I almost got in trouble, but haha, I didn't. 8D XD  

eerieINFECTIION

Noahs Ark Circus

3,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:33 am
I do that all the time. Oh one time me and my friends dressed as deathnote , and we went to the grocery store, holding up a death note sign. We got stares, glares, and hugs. Gooood times. you know what though, I was dressed as L and somebody grabbed my Butt :O  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff