Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Convention Attention: HOW ANNOYING! D:< Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fuwa No Mi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:56 pm
Getting autograph's for 50 million different things, when people behind you wanted only one thing signed.

Seriously, this happened at FanExpo in Toronto, Canada last year.

Since Aaron Dismuke was there, fangirls brought up to 10 volumes of FMA manga that they wanted signed.

Me, on the other hand, wanted him to sign my One Piece wallscroll, I'd shake his hand and go, end of story.

But no. It took over an hour for three people to get through and I almost missed out, and the people behind me missed out as well. It was quite saddening.

Protip: Minimize what you want to get signed, since many people don't abide by the "only one thing signed" rule that's usually in effect at most conventions. Bring a camera if they don't mind pictures, it's usually 100 times better then just a name scrawled on a piece of paper.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:04 pm
1) people who gush about a single character.
2) the "big brother"-complex fangirls (i.e. itachi and seshomaru)
3) not getting into the panels you went to see!
4) FRIENDS getting into the panels, but you being left outside to wait for them >.<
5) autographs happening on the complete opposite side of the convention when the panel is going to start in 2 minutes!!
6) winding up behind an Afro Samurai for a screening.
7) finding a god damn parking space because your idiot friend says "Train? Naw! We can drive, saves time!"
cool arriving late because you drove to the con, hit traffic, and then STILL had to find a parking spot.
9) people who spoil a series for you, just because you're cosplaying a character from it.
10) people who stalk you because you're dressed as someone.  

Glacirus

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

Lucunda Somina

Gracious Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:20 pm
Okay so, new to this guild so Hello ^_^ ( thought to be nice before I go on my rant...) Sooooooo

BIGGEST PET PEEVE: CON FUNK! I mean seriously please there are going to be hundred....maybe even thousands of people there so that means body heat and crowded spaces, plus normally cons are in the spring/ summer time ,well at least the ones that I go to, so you are going to get pretty hot and sweat!!!! I mean geebus, use some common sense you are not going to smell sweet as a rose the entire time and be able to not wear deodorent the entire con!!!!!! (sorry about spelling) And then they have the nerve be up in my grill with their arms raised.....I'm seriously thinking of bringing Febreeze and spraying their asses down!!! D:<

Okay so that leads me to a fun little story I had at Metrocon last year.......I met some pretty awesome people since my room mate decided to not pay for the hotel room and used it to sleep with a friend of ours...yea.....con whores annoy me too -_-. ...... ANYWHO BACK TO THE STORY!!!!! So I met these amazing people in an elevator, yes they are my closest friends I have today, so yay for that!! But anywho, they being the awesome people that they are said that I could stay with them in their room so I wouldnt have to put up with my con whore 'friend'. So a certain guy decided that he was going to stay there and not shower the entire con.....EVEN THOUGH HE WAS STAYING THERE IN A HOTEL ROOM WITH A SHOWER AND PEOPLE WHO HAD WASHING SUPPLIES!!!!!! So needless to say he did not stay in the room a second night -eye twitch-  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:47 pm
Something that really bugged me at the convention I went to this past weekend was that the Pichu plushie I really wanted was $30 mad . Not to mention I only had that much but.. The Pichu was so small ! It was completely overpriced in my opinion gonk .  

Nirati

IRL Gekko

8,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Glacirus

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:49 pm
Nirati
Something that really bugged me at the convention I went to this past weekend was that the Pichu plushie I really wanted was $30 mad . Not to mention I only had that much but.. The Pichu was so small ! It was completely overpriced in my opinion gonk .

"Welcome to the vendors' booths; how may we rip you off?"

it's all to common at cons.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:23 pm
Mean people, the ones who must criticize every cosplay! I never try to ridicule anyone who cosplays, because I don't know their situation! My friend can't afford much, she can only afford the Organization XIII coat! She can't get matching shoes or a wig, she tries her best to make do with what she can, but everyone please never ridicule a cosplay, because you don't know that person's situation in life! And I hate it when others will be mean to a cosplayer because they dislike the character they're cosplaying as, or they are also cosplaying that character. It's all for fun. Cosplay is just for fun.  

amanogawatea

damaged-reality

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:29 pm
L cosplayers.... urggg... everybody assumes that it's an easy cosplay, when in truth its very difficult! I mean, the guy's hair is an expert at defying gravity!
good L cosplayers: I applaud you.
Lazy butt L cosplayers: you make me want to drop kick small puppies off a cliff.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:33 pm
XxXSinister WhispersXxX
Mean people, the ones who must criticize every cosplay! I never try to ridicule anyone who cosplays, because I don't know their situation! My friend can't afford much, she can only afford the Organization XIII coat! She can't get matching shoes or a wig, she tries her best to make do with what she can, but everyone please never ridicule a cosplay, because you don't know that person's situation in life! And I hate it when others will be mean to a cosplayer because they dislike the character they're cosplaying as, or they are also cosplaying that character. It's all for fun. Cosplay is just for fun.

I know what you're saying! I watched my not-so-friend ridicule another person dressed as gaara in front of her face, and I felt horrible about it, even though I didn't even do the ridiculing!!! I gave him a pep-talk about being respectful because no matter how horrible or how amazing a cosplay is, work was put into it, and if work was put into somthing, it's rude to make fun of them!!
P.S. that not-so-friend is sorta a failure of a person now... so whatever.  

damaged-reality

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:47 pm
What about when you're trying to make plans to go to the con, and there's always at least one person who won't make up their mind until it's almost/too late? I'm not talking about the people who live off minimum wage/financial aid; that's understandable.

I'm talking about the people who sit there for months and pull that "I don't know if I'll have the money" or "I wanna wait to see how much spending money I can get" crap. Seriously, if you wanna go, then make the effort to go. Get off of your Facebook and X-box for 10 minutes to count your money and buy your badge.

If money's such an issue, maybe they shouldn't be at the mall, the movies, or game store all the freaking time spending it.

People who aren't the least bit prepared piss me off too. They had months to go online and look stuff up! How can they not know where their hotel is, or what the rules are, or what's going on that day?

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:56 pm
Trust Falls. Read what happened to me in Con Stories, but i will NEVER trust anyone with a trust fall again. What was more embarassing, was that i was trust falled on in front of whole bunch of cosplayers who were cosplaying from the same series as me.

Also over priced stuff at the vendor's room. That annoyed me so much, and was the main reason why i went to the Artist Ally instead. (nicer, and for the most part, cheaper stuff)  

Veretix

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:08 pm
Control freaks.

I invited a friend to come to Colossal and she's making me a cosplay even though I don't want to cosplay the character she has in mind. She wants us to cosplay from the same series. I'm also POed that she wants us to drive up to Sandusky EARLY in the morning before the con starts. WTF, I'm NOT the driver and the person who booked the room won't be driving us up there until 3PM-ish. I DISLIKE control freaks. I mean, come on, she's a GUEST. D:  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:08 am
Spoiled Sports

Went as a group to a con for someone's birthday. There was six of us total. Three to a group. One of the girls loves to sing and was singing outside a panel. She sings REALLY loud because she thinks she's great. Someone from the panel told her to be quiet and some people commented that they didn't like her song. This made her mad, she so sulked and cussed her way onto a set of stairs.
Then she complained that she was cramping and we all had to leave... we all only got to spend two hours at the con. Then she suggested that we go to the mall instead. WTF? So we needed up staying at the mall for four hours.  

ll dell Orso ll

Tipsy Gawker

Ralyle

Shirtless Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:59 am
I hate how my friends say they have no money for conventions and then go and buy all this stupid junk! Argh! Those stupid girls! Conventions are worth a lot more to an anime lover than the stuff they buy! XP  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:40 pm
Tsuki Nushi
What about when you're trying to make plans to go to the con, and there's always at least one person who won't make up their mind until it's almost/too late? I'm not talking about the people who live off minimum wage/financial aid; that's understandable.

I'm talking about the people who sit there for months and pull that "I don't know if I'll have the money" or "I wanna wait to see how much spending money I can get" crap. Seriously, if you wanna go, then make the effort to go. Get off of your Facebook and X-box for 10 minutes to count your money and buy your badge.

If money's such an issue, maybe they shouldn't be at the mall, the movies, or game store all the freaking time spending it.

People who aren't the least bit prepared piss me off too. They had months to go online and look stuff up! How can they not know where their hotel is, or what the rules are, or what's going on that day?

I second this. In my case, the person's situation didn't really have to do with money. It had to do with communication (of the email variety).

We asked him if he wanted to go with us and he said he'd think about it. Then he told one of the 6 of us that he would go. We asked if he was sure cause we didn't want to book a hotel room until he said yes for certain (cause the guys would have to split the price of the hotel). We couldn't get a straight answer out of him cause he wouldn't answer his email and apparently nobody had his phone number (we didn't know he had one). We were told that he missed pre-registration so we were all thinking he'd have to pay when he got there and that made us think he might drop out on us.

He did end up coming and we found out once we got there that he had paid indeed paid pre-reg. so he got to wait in line with us instead which was nice. He and one of the other guys split off from the rest of the group and we didn't see them for almost the entire rest of the con (except for the evening when we were back at the hotel rooms.)

We had tried to have multiple con-group meetings before the actual convention so that we could get to know each other and he came to like...one of them (out of 5 or something?) Instead, he went on a date with like...4 different girls (each of the times was conveniently when we were wanting to meet as a group). Eventually he ended up dating one of them (which is cool) but mannnn. >.<

It was just really frustrating.

He didn't cosplay either which is fine but it made it a little weird because 5 of the 7 going did. It made it harder cause so much of the con for us was standing and getting pictures taken and taking pictures of (and for) other people.

So...yeah.  

Mirialiah

tokkitoria

Brainy Bunny

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:16 pm
Le Fuwa Kitty
Getting autograph's for 50 million different things, when people behind you wanted only one thing signed.

Seriously, this happened at FanExpo in Toronto, Canada last year.

Since Aaron Dismuke was there, fangirls brought up to 10 volumes of FMA manga that they wanted signed.

Me, on the other hand, wanted him to sign my One Piece wallscroll, I'd shake his hand and go, end of story.

But no. It took over an hour for three people to get through and I almost missed out, and the people behind me missed out as well. It was quite saddening.

Protip: Minimize what you want to get signed, since many people don't abide by the "only one thing signed" rule that's usually in effect at most conventions. Bring a camera if they don't mind pictures, it's usually 100 times better then just a name scrawled on a piece of paper.
Homg I remember that. I didn't even get to the line it was so huge when we got there. It was maddening. Usually they'll put a limit on how many things you can get signed. Usually, because I pack light, I pick the best thing I'd want them to sign and bring that.  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff