Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:50 am
yeah, we're doing the training mission in t-16s.

if you want, you can say that your wingmates were "shotdown" by the faux enemy, and that you thought it would be better to regroup with us.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:15 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
yeah, we're doing the training mission in t-16s.

if you want, you can say that your wingmates were "shotdown" by the faux enemy, and that you thought it would be better to regroup with us.

Well, me charrie is still in the hangar awaiting orders. whee Though that seems pretty plausible ... ^^;;
T-16s are that one model thingy that Luke was farting around with in ANH, correct?  

AFK Masturbating

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:54 pm
1) yes, t-16 skyhoppers are lukes first flying craft. they are a trifoil design. search it on google images if you don't know what one looks like.

2) As for FP's comment, that just don't work. She's still in the hangar, and if she took off, she'd have to go through all the stealth before reaching you, which takes up most of the time limit. So either you guys wasted too much time, or she can start flying the mission.

briefing starts on page 8 and ends at page 9, after long posts.

What I'd suggest is FP and the gang quit screwing around, then just have everyone say they completed the obstacle course, and let me give out the scores. Then we can get off Tatooine and on to other duties.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:36 pm
okay, i read this before her actual posts,s so i didnt know she was still in the hangar.

so you just wanna skip out the actual posts for the training?  

FrozenPhoenix32

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:11 pm
9 pages, and not a single mission has been accomplished...

No, i want to drag that out longer...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:18 pm
Nelowulf
9 pages, and not a single mission has been accomplished...

No, i want to drag that out longer...

right-o  

FrozenPhoenix32

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:43 pm
There is something else I *almost* said in the RP, but I thought that I should check here first: in EmSquad's RP, at the current timeframe, is the infamous "snag AT-AT's with harpoon" maneuver widely known? sweatdrop It wouldn't do to throw continuity out of whack ... ^_^;;  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:31 pm
Angelic Celestia
There is something else I *almost* said in the RP, but I thought that I should check here first: in EmSquad's RP, at the current timeframe, is the infamous "snag AT-AT's with harpoon" maneuver widely known? sweatdrop It wouldn't do to throw continuity out of whack ... ^_^;;

This is still Before Battle of Yavin.

Battle of Hoth, and wedge's maneuver with the ATATs hasn't been implemented yet.

We'll get there though.

In fact, Wedge's folley (maneuver on first page) hasn't even been seen yet.

and technically, that maneuver really is tough to pull off and is easily disrupted (thanks to general Veers, one of only a few generals to please lord vader) that it should only be used if you have no other choice, say, concussion missle, torpedo, proton bomb, ion cannon, etc...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:33 pm
True. On that note, that brings up one thing that always bothered me, regarding the Battle of Hoth: why didn't they use the ion cannon on the AT-ATs?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:13 am
Angelic Celestia
True. On that note, that brings up one thing that always bothered me, regarding the Battle of Hoth: why didn't they use the ion cannon on the AT-ATs?

They'd rather have had some transports escape and get past the SDs then have the reansports be crushed and potentially save the base.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:20 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
Angelic Celestia

They'd rather have had some transports escape and get past the SDs then have the reansports be crushed and potentially save the base.

That, and the Ion Cannon couldn't turn down that far.

And what would you really achieve? the empire knows you're there. If you tried to defend, you'd be blockaded eventually, caught, and destroyed.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:56 pm
Nelo, I got a question...

Do you RP? Like...in Real life?

I do sometimes, not so much with the books, but with the Miniatures, lol...

BTW, who's your favorate Character?

I'm just curious, just trying to get a good image to the Moffs.  

Inatarin

Inatarin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:00 pm
Nelowulf
Angelic Celestia

This is still Before Battle of Yavin.

Battle of Hoth, and wedge's maneuver with the ATATs hasn't been implemented yet.

We'll get there though.

In fact, Wedge's folley (maneuver on first page) hasn't even been seen yet.

and technically, that maneuver really is tough to pull off and is easily disrupted (thanks to general Veers, one of only a few generals to please lord vader) that it should only be used if you have no other choice, say, concussion missle, torpedo, proton bomb, ion cannon, etc...

Not to go against your judgement...but...are you sure it hasn't been implemented yet?

I mean, if the galaxy is millions of years old, and technology is at a rising peak...don't you think it -could've- been implemented?

I sound like an idiot, but....yeah...I'm sure you're right, for RP purposes, but....I don't know...the way Luke says it in ESB, it makes me wonder if he hadn't had experience with this before.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:13 am
For all intensive purposes, we are saying that wedge developed the roping technique, since he did employ it there.

I read somewhere (most likely a game) that no ATAT had been brought down by those means before.

But, General Veers countered by spacing his ATAT forces out so to cover their flanks.

But in reality, the maneuver is not only tricky, but very exposing and is really used only if no other means possible. A concussion missle does the trick much faster and simpler.

There's a possiblity that my knowledge is too limited in the manner, but for this situation, i really don't care at all. If someone came up with the idea, then i'll be wrong. But I do believe the Battle of Hoth was the first time it was EMPLOYED.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:29 am
Nelowulf
For all intensive purposes, we are saying that wedge developed the roping technique, since he did employ it there.

I read somewhere (most likely a game) that no ATAT had been brought down by those means before.

But, General Veers countered by spacing his ATAT forces out so to cover their flanks.

But in reality, the maneuver is not only tricky, but very exposing and is really used only if no other means possible. A concussion missle does the trick much faster and simpler.

There's a possiblity that my knowledge is too limited in the manner, but for this situation, i really don't care at all. If someone came up with the idea, then i'll be wrong. But I do believe the Battle of Hoth was the first time it was EMPLOYED.

regardless, the RP is AU, so we could just say he invented it.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff