Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Cosplay History Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XxNaomi-LukarixX

13,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:34 pm
OH god, around may-june 08 i got my Akito wanijima costume from Air Gear
and I was going to Ctcon 08 (my first real con)

I didnt have a wig

and my hair was really short
so i was like "ohheyletsdyemyhairblue"

Night before the con
I dyed my hair blue
I had to shower to wash out the access

in the morning...my hair had random streaks of gray in it =/

it was fail

So...completed cosplay list:

Akito Wanijima (getting a wig!)
Edward Elric (need new wig)
Hatsune Miku
Hatsune Mikuo
Kaito
Haku (from naruto)
Raichu Gijinka
Skater Naruto
Naruto Uzumaki (genin) *will be done in a week or so lol*
Naruto Shippuuden *also done in a week or so*
I also have an outfit I call my "Kawaii Desu Gaiafag Cosplay"
its full of teh lulz
because I <3 gaiaonline desu desu
xD  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:40 am
At Otakon 2008, I cosplayed as Midori Kasugano from Midori Days and my friend sakuragirl9393 cosplayed as Sakura Haruno (she was supposed to be Kairi from Kingdom Hearts, but my grandmother bought a red dress instead of a pink dress). We were leaving the convention and outside, there was a boy and his dad. The boy was rating our cosplays. We both got an 8.  

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

User_1017918

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:03 am
I have a good story. I decided to visit a friend who was attending/working at EAE in PA last year. Instead of driving down there I decided to be lazy and take a greyhound. The ride ended up being arouns 19 hours long. crying

I had my nemesis costume in a huge duffel bag but opted to not bring the rocket launcher with me due to security and such. On the way out of NY I was talking with a nice lady and I mentioned I make costumes as a hobby. Her daughter had just finished college to be a special effects person who makes costumes and such for studios. Well anyways, I mentioned that with my costume I had a rocket launcher and mentioned to her that I might have left one of the fake explosive rounds in the duffel bag. Someone overheard parts of the conversation mostly around the explosive parts and the bus was pulled into a checkpoint where homeland security officers boarded and were doing random checks.

They pretty much ignored everyone and walked up to me and asked to see my ID. I asked why and they said it was a random check and I pointd out that they bypassed the entire bus just to walk up to me when I was the last person in the back so either they had something to say to me or were racist assholes. ( I'm hispanic but look a little middle eastern if I dont trim the beard and hair). He was like " someone told us you had a weapon with an explosive round." I'm like " Dude, I make costumes and my costume and duffel bag is under the bus if you want to check. " The guy was like " What costume?" I was like " Nemesis from Resident Evil 3" and he was like " The big thing with the rocket launcher?" I was like " Yeah, that guy hence the whole rocket launcher conversation."

They pulled apart my bag until they got to the mask and was like ".....oh.. cool..." and then shoved it all back in and ruined the body suit. I ended up sewing and repairing it in the hotel room and fixing the mask with glue I bought at a CVS.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:51 pm
At my first con, the staff was horrible at directing people, and so when they say "Take the stairs", i just used whatever stairs there where. My friends where waiting for me in the lobby, so i had to hurry and the elevators where slow. BUT BUT........
I took the wrong staircase and it lead me to the basement eek it was so scary, i was so freaked out. AND BY MYSELF!!!!

Lucky-doo for me, i ran into an employee, and he helped me out, through the kitchen. Imagine you're a chef at a successful hotel and you just see some weird dressed girl walk out of the inventory room... lol

pasionfruuuit

Sephiroths samurai girl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:32 am
I don't really have any really cool stories for my cosplay history. When I was cosplaying The Big from CCS it was at a con where Kari Walhgren (the VA for Sakura) was the guest. The signing was cancelled so I was pretty disapointed that I wouldn't be able to meet her. As we were leaving the closing ceremony she was standing outside and spotted me in costume. She complimented my costume and I got her to sign my hat. Definitely a good end to the whole con!

My very first costume won second place in the competition which was a bit of a shock. I also won at the biggest con of the year last year, I was so shock I actually screamed a little in front of the whole con! Funnily enough I've never won with a costume I've personally worn, the first was modelled by a friend and the second model was my husband.

Cosplays made for myself:
Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
Belldandy (Oh My Goddess)
The Big (CCS)
Red Mage Refia (FF3)
Emeraude (Rayearth)
Menardi (Golden Sun)
The Little (CCS)
Millia Rage (Guilty Gear)
Hotaru (.Hack)
Milotic Gijinka (Pokemon)

Made for friends:
Edward Elric (FMA)
SSJ4 Gogeta (DBZ)

Made for my husband:
Walter (Hellsing)
Celestin (OMG)
Red Mage Arc (FF3)
Zagato (Rayearth)
Alex (Golden Sun)
The Rain (CCS)
Empoleon Gijinka (Pokemon)

In progress:
Liete (Grandia)
Sanjuro (.Hack)
Lumineon Swimming Costume (Pokemon)
Gyarados Swimming Costume (Pokemon)
Ectvarr (Ninety-Nine Nights)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:33 am
Cosplayed as:
Hinata from Naruto (Kikicon 200 cool
gijinka Pikachu from Pokemon (Phoenix comicon 2009 and Saboten con 2009)
A moogle from Final fantasy (Saboten con 2009)

Cosplays planned for next con.:
Komui from D-grayman
Tonberry from Final Fantasy
Full body Dragonite from Pokemon (or maybe I should wait on that one till I've had a bit more sewing under my belt)

I don't really have any stories for myself. Oh wait. At Saboten con when I went as Pikachu, I attend a cosplay rpg battle. I wasn't planning on participating-I just wanted to watch-but too ninjas came up to me and asked me to be a part of their team. At this time I was alone (my sisters were in the dealers room), so I said yes. During the fight, quite a bit of people where cheering me on-my group still lost.

This story is about my sisters. They were dressed as Lulu and Yuna from Final fantasy X on Saturday at Saboten con. One of the Artist alley people gave them a free picture each and another artist alley person (I'm not sure if it is the same person) stopped them for a photo. The next day my sister (the one who went as Yuna) went as Terra from Final Fantasy VI and the same person stopped her for another photo.  

Rishiki

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:57 pm
Ew. My first 2 cosplays were TERRIBLE.

Past Cosplays:
Radical Edward (Colossalcon 09)
Cardcaptor Sakura (Colossalcon 09)
Shiro Lolita (Colossalcon 09)
Super Milk-chan (Sugoicon 09)
Brock (Sugoicon 09)

Future Cosplays:
KiKi (A&Gcon 2010)
Android 17 (A&Gcon 2010)

My Radical Edward cosplay was basically crap I found in my closet two days before the con and same for my Cardcaptor Sakura cosplay. I used my older brother's black shorts and his white beater for Ed and my wig was bought at a Halloween store! Ugh, epic fail.

The Sakura cosplay was a random black dress with rose designs on it. I put on my Kuro Neko hat and ran around with the wand and Kero plushie. I didn't have to make those two things because I bought them years ago at Toys R Us XD;

The Shiro Lolita dress was also found in my closet, but that one got the most pictures. I wore it to my grandma's wedding when I was like...I dunno, 10 years old and now I'm 20 years old and I can still fit it. Anyway, it was lacy and whatnot.

Anyway, I got tired of having crappy cosplays so I finally decided to KNIT my next one. I started it September 23rd and finished it October 14th. I went as Milk-chan because Hilary Haag is amazing. I did buy the wig from a Halloween store because it was last minute, you know? I got lots of pictures and it made me happy lawl

2 funny things happened while wearing the knitted outfit. I continued to get stopped by people who knew who I was and either wanted pictures or a big hug.

The other one was when I was looking for friends at the rave and I couldn't find them. I decided to leave and I saw Greg Ayres. He was in Milk-chan and he knew who I was immediately. I spazzed out and told him how much I admired him and he gave me a BIG hug and he said, "I LOVE MILK-CHAN! I WAS IN THAT SHOW!" and I was all, "OMG, I know!!" It was silly. It was hilarious. We were talking as if we knew each other for years.

My group did a Pokemon group cosplay and I decided to go as Brock. I couldn't find a wig so I didn't wear one. It was fail lol, but I did get molested by a female Itachi XD;  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:40 pm
Weird I thought I already posted here~ but after I looked around, turns out I didnt XD

Anywayz:

Done cosplays:
Akito
Light Yagami
L
Edward Elric (movie)
Drocell
Sebby
Halloween Riku
Kaoru Hitachiin
Kanda Yuu
Itachii
Howl (black hair ver.)
Kirito

cosplays in Progress/ready for the next show:
Undertaker
Roxas (ORG coat)
Roxas (Twilight)
Prussia
Will of the abyss

Future cosplays:
Grell
Sasuke (festival)
Vincent Nightray
Edward Elric (series)
Len
Akito
America
Silent Hill nerse
Silent Hill Rabbit
Yue
Chrono
Howl (blonde hair ver.)
Bakura
Gary
Link
Hige
Jack
Riku original
Madam Red
Snake

*0*
I didnt realize how many I have XD
An lets see~ stories~ stories~

Well I buy my cosplays -flinches- I tried making a few of mine~ but they were never really that good. Well the first one I ever bought was my Kanda Yuu (third uniform) and it is still one of my favorites, not to mention I dont think I could bring myself to sell it.
Well my twin sister went as Lavi, an our friend was little Allen Walker. It was pretty crazy how we were all the perfect height for them too n-n All we really needed was a Linali~ But maybe next time haha
I remember when we were all waiting to be picked up Allen picked up our Lavi's hammer, and WHAM!!!!! Right over my head >< And I was so pissed haha And I was soo glad no one saw...However when I got home~ I saw a whole lot of videos of it XD *puts head in bag*

Hmmm Oh I remember in my Hitachiin cosplay~ me an my twin sister were walking down the hall during the evening, and this whole group appears behind us saying "TWINS!! GROUP HUG!!"
And about 50 people all gather around us~ O-o Well I lost my balance an fell over onto my back. And as I look up, I find myself looking up the skirt of a Lust (FMA). Well like everyone else~ she was laughing~ but I found it far from Funny =-=;;

And here is another one:
When I was Riku~ I had like 5 other Rikus stealing my keyblade, and whacking me with their Yoai paddles O____O  

Etomidate

6,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250

mengxiang

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:19 pm
how to make cost play costume?cuz i cant buy it,and by the way this march im going to a anime con for the first time and for the 1 time im costplay eek  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:21 pm
Previous cosplays:
-Kid Inuyasha [InuYasha]
-Roy Mustang [FullMetal Alchemist]
-Nate River/Near [Death Note]

Current cosplay:
-Hiei [Yu Yu Hakusho]
-Kyuuta Ootaki/Cody Hackins [Gyakuten Saiban/Phoenix Wright]
-Moritaka Mashiro/Saiko [Bakuman]

Future cosplays:
-Tarble [DragonBall Z Special]
-Damian Wayne/Robin [Batman & Robin]
-Kurt Wagner/ Nightcrawler [Xmen Evolution]

I guess one of the most memorable expiriences I've had was a couple years ago at comic-con. While cosplaying in a Death Note group I ended up getting clipped on my ankle by this guy in an electric wheelchair and it hit the huge vein in the back? so it really hurt and I couldn't walk for a while. Our group's mello so kindly offered me a piggy-back ride back to where our friends and stuff was, and the whole way we literally saw all the shounen-ai fangirls turn towards us, snap a picture, and casually go back to their conversations! I guess it's just a fangirl instinct to sense that kinda stuff. XD  

TheBladeSeeker

Glacirus

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:13 pm
From oldest to most recent.

Bleach - Ichigo Kurosaki - Sealed Zangetsu [RETIRED]
Bleach - Ichigo Kurosaki - Bankai [RETIRED]
Bleach - Ichigo Kurosaki - Bankai w/ Mask ver. 1 [IN USE - LESS USED]
Naruto - Orochimaru [RETIRED]

Planned/In Development

Bleach - Sosuke Aizen - Revealed Evil - Planned
Katekyo Hitman Reborn! - Mokuro Rokudo - Original Appearance - In Development
Katekyo Hitman Reborn! - Lambo - 20 Year Later - Planned
Katekyo Hitman Reborn! - Hibari - Disciplinary Committee - Planned
Katekyo Hitman Reborn! - Reborn - Adult - Planned
Fairy Tail - Gray Fullbuster - Planned

....a lot of PLANNED ones, I know... but need to save money.  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff