Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Herbalism Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:01 am
redtearsblackwings

I supose that use is a bad choice of words.
I mean what do people normily grow.
I don't. I wildcraft.

I also have done a bit of research to figure out what plants are invasive, what plants are endangered and what plants I can substitute for the endangered plants.

Just in case anyone is interested, baring allergies and the usual warnings, Oregon Grape is a respectable substitute for Golden Seal.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:34 pm
Can you get a degree or some sort of certification in herbalism? I am pretty interested in it and want to try dabbling in it for a good bit. My HP is into herbs so I'll definitely ask him, and that HerbalMentor thing looks awesome.  

aoijea23487

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:19 pm
Illiezeulette
Can you get a degree or some sort of certification in herbalism? I am pretty interested in it and want to try dabbling in it for a good bit. My HP is into herbs so I'll definitely ask him, and that HerbalMentor thing looks awesome.

You can take Botany courses. That's all I know, though. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:13 pm
Illiezeulette
Can you get a degree or some sort of certification in herbalism?
There are Masters of Traditional Oriental Medicine programs in the Pac NW. You're also pretty much living in one of the best Herbalist's back yards. wink

And there are Botany degrees. Further- Evergreen State College has a write your own degree program and also features numerous courses each season in herbalism with different themes.  

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:24 pm
TeaDidikai
And there are Botany degrees. Further- Evergreen State College has a write your own degree program and also features numerous courses each season in herbalism with different themes.

They have the strangest degree programs. =D No Slavic language programs though.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:21 pm
Collowrath
TeaDidikai

Make your own!  

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:26 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
TeaDidikai

Make your own!

sad The only Slavic language course I saw at all was a Russian lit course. I'm going to sift through the website a little more, see if I can drudge anything up. I'm looking to transfer soon and my only real criteria is a good Slavic department, preferably with at least a Serbian language minor (would REALLY prefer Slovak >.<).  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:49 pm
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
TeaDidikai

Make your own!

sad The only Slavic language course I saw at all was a Russian lit course. I'm going to sift through the website a little more, see if I can drudge anything up. I'm looking to transfer soon and my only real criteria is a good Slavic department, preferably with at least a Serbian language minor (would REALLY prefer Slovak >.<).
I'd take some time to call some Profs as well. You'd be amazed at what some of the Contract Studies can provide you if you're self motivated.  

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:59 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
TeaDidikai

Make your own!

I'd take some time to call some Profs as well. You'd be amazed at what some of the Contract Studies can provide you if you're self motivated.

I definitely should get in touch. The huge amount of flexibility in the degree programs is a draw, not to mention it's in an amazing part of the country.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:03 pm
Collowrath

I definitely should get in touch. The huge amount of flexibility in the degree programs is a draw, not to mention it's in an amazing part of the country.
And it's my backyard. wink  

TeaDidikai

redtearsblackwings

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:56 am
TeaDidikai
redtearsblackwings

I supose that use is a bad choice of words.
I mean what do people normily grow.
I don't. I wildcraft.

I also have done a bit of research to figure out what plants are invasive, what plants are endangered and what plants I can substitute for the endangered plants.

Just in case anyone is interested, baring allergies and the usual warnings, Oregon Grape is a respectable substitute for Golden Seal.

Whats wildcraft?
Can you rekomned something?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:13 am
TeaDidikai
Collowrath

And it's my backyard. wink

Nice. biggrin  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:16 am
redtearsblackwings

Whats wildcraft?
I shall not indulge you until you make amends.

Quote:
Please put in the minimum effort to make your posts easy to understand by correcting common spelling errors. I recommend using a browser that has a spell check function. It helps me. I recommend Mozilla.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:24 am
redtearsblackwings
Aino Ailill
Seeds tend to be inexpensive. Well, depending on the plant. Have you looked into growing them yourself?

What part of I'm looking for a job isn't effort. I had an interveiw today.
See to have seeds, you need a HOUSE, to have a house you need money. I dont have a house I have a shoe box flat. With very limited room.
Of couse I've looked into growing them myself, I'm not stupid.
Several pages later, I don't even know if this is still relevant, but...

Apparently not very hard. There are many ways to do surprisingly extensive gardening indoors, sometimes with better results than outdoor gardening, as variables are easier to control. Also, I don't know about the land attached to your flat, if there is any, but my landlord is very generous and will allow the tenants, upon request, to set aside a piece of land on the property (usually marked out close to the building with chicken wire or decorative landscaping barriers) to do some minor gardening - the girl across the hall from me actually had some very nice tomatoes, this summer. In any case, if there's land associated with your building, it could be worthwhile to ask - respectfully, of course! No matter how barren the land looks, hard work and dedication can make it into something worthwhile.

But! If you just google 'indoor gardening' you can find some good resources on methods, and there's even some places that will suggest economic adaptations to proven methods, and alternatives to expensive 'specialized equipment'.  

Ultramarine Violet

redtearsblackwings

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:23 am
TeaDidikai
redtearsblackwings

Whats wildcraft?
I shall not indulge you until you make amends.

Quote:
Please put in the minimum effort to make your posts easy to understand by correcting common spelling errors. I recommend using a browser that has a spell check function. It helps me. I recommend Mozilla.

If you are going to act like that I shell just ask someone else.
I would use corrcet spelling if I could spell but having STAM makes that hard even with Mozilla.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff