Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Necromacide

Sparkly Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:51 am
Darth Showa
I saw an ad for Tampax Pearl on the main page... what's next, a tampon for your avatar to wear? gonk
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
» People have been suggesting this before. 3nodding «

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:02 pm
[+More]
  • Tampax Flowing Dress
Is this close enough?  

Niede

User Image

daft persona

Codebreaking Fairy

9,050 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:12 pm
I was kind of surprised that there were Tampax ads too. I have to admit, I like the item that came with them, but I think the ads might not be appropriate considering the age range here.

Lots of kids who are pretty much just too young. neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:03 pm
I thought most girls started menstruation around the age of 13... thus it would not make them "too young" to know about tampons. Most of them probably have known about them for at least a year or two already, if not more.

I recall menstruation being taught at my elementary school.... {I think it was 5th grade}. The teachers separated the boys and the girls into separate classrooms one day. The boys pretty much just played games, completely oblivious to what was going on with the girls, whereas the girls were shown a video about menstruation and taught about how to deal with it. I happened to find out because a friend of mine {who was a girl} told me about it and expressed utmost disappointment that they had to sit around and watch a boring video while the boys got to play.

Despite our ages, neither of us really thought much of the subject of menstruation.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Keela Shadowclaw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:57 am
I've tried using tampons before.but only found them to be uncomfortable and very difficult to put in. I finally switched to pads and found pads to be much better and more comfortable than tampons. As for the ads,they're harmless;I don't find the ads to be sick in any way.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:48 pm
They're harmless. Since the vast majority of users on this site are female between 10-17, i think its a age appropriate strategic move for the Gaia admins to do.  

twindarkside

Arena Threads and Gaia Items

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces