Welcome to Gaia! ::

Debate/Discuss Religion

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to discussing and debating different aspects of various world religions 

Tags: religion, faith, tolerance, discuss, debate 

Reply Religious Debate
Hiatus

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

In Medias Res IV

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:49 pm
I'm going to take an official hiatus from Gaia, sparked by the death of my grandfather and ending with the simple fact of having accomplished nothing with my entire summer since getting back from Turkey. My Latin and Greek are suffering, along with my reading and books I should have been reading annnd my Jewish studies. I'll be leaving for Morocco in December, insha'Allah. I'll post pics!

I'll post sporadically but if I disappear, you'll know why.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:57 pm
I'm sorry about your grandfather cry

I wish my Latin and Greek were good enough to be suffering but anyway, I wish you well! Stop by whenever you're back on gaia, we'll miss your added insight.  

Semiremis
Captain

In Medias Res IV

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:01 pm
I'll answer PM's and lurk and respond to something that really catches my eye, I just don't have the energy anymore... I can't keep neglecting myself.

I'm sure some of you aren't going to miss my insight at all XD.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:06 pm
I'm so sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. May the Lord our G-d provide you comfort and support in your time of need. Shalom.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Shiori Miko

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:15 pm
Good luck with everything, Ressie.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:16 pm
I also express my condolences for your loss.

And I truly do value your insights. You're an extremely knowledgable person, and I'd like to learn from you. I'd just rather you didn't tell others that they're not allowed to bring their insights to the table, as well.  

Nebulance

Tipsy Reveler

In Medias Res IV

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:20 pm
Nebulance
I also express my condolences for your loss.

And I truly do value your insights. You're an extremely knowledgable person, and I'd like to learn from you. I'd just rather you didn't tell others that they're not allowed to bring their insights to the table, as well.

Thanks you guys, and just give me a while to calm down. Just another reason why I need off this damn site.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:07 am
Best of luck with your studies -- and go you for having the discipline to say you need to step away from this site. whee I've got other things I should be doing, too, and yet here I am...  

TikiRocket

Religious Debate

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff