[PRP] A Mermaid and a Shark Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

immortalmina

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:50 am
User Image

Memphis sat on a rock in the new cove. It was a beautiful day. The kind of day that was good for sunning and sun bathing. That was just what the teen was doing. Enjoying the sun's warmth on her belly and face. The girl sighed as she looked up to the sky. "Wonderful.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:21 am
User Image

Cadassi dodged another cushion and winced as the bedroom door slammed. Another typical day in paradise and his mother was still off her rocker.

Giving a small sigh, he picked himself up off the floor and looked around. The woman had utterly destroyed the living room during another of her "the ocean is evil" rants. Many of them including him and 'his kind'.

"I'm not even from the damn ocean..." he mumbled under his breath.

Dusting the feathers (many of which were still floating around him like soft snow) off his arms and legs, he grabbed his backpack from the ruins of another couch and slammed the front door shut on his way out.

Maybe the beach would make him feel better. Lord knows that thing he called a mother wouldn't...

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100

immortalmina

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:43 am
Memphis turned over to her tummy and moved her the bit of hair that could cover her back as she laid down. She needed her back to get as much sun as her front had gotten. As she did so she thought she had seen something blue coming this way, but she wasn't sure.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:59 am
Cadassi gave another grumble of swear words and tossed his backpack over the large pile of rocks surrounding the small cove on the south side of the beach, oblivious to the large splash it made when it landed. It was waterproof. Everything his mother owned was waterproof.

Continuing his rant, he raised his eyes skyward as if to ask for help then slumped down to sit on the other side of the cove.

"Stupid woman must have rocks in her head. I do not smell like the damn ocean!" he nearly shouted, before lifting an arm and smelling himself for all of two seconds before realizing it was pointless.

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100

immortalmina

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:03 am
Memphis heard splashes and then grumbling and finally followed by yelling. She looked over to see a Demon...or was he a demon, sitting on the beach.

"Howdy, ya'll. There anyway you could keep it down? I'm trying to catch some sun." The teen told him with her southern accent. She wasn't trying to be mean, just he was being rather loud.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:34 pm
Cadassi waved her off without even sparing her a glance. "Sorry. I was having a moment. I'll keep my self-pity a bit more quiet next time." he answered her, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

Giving a half hearted sigh, he flung himself onto his stomach and buried his head in the sand. "Stick around though. I'm sure the same show will be on tommorrow." he mumbled miserably.

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100

immortalmina

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:00 pm
Memphis looked over with a small pout. He seemed sad. And sure he had interrupted her nice sunbathing time, but she was curious. This guy was different looked and well, that was interesting.

Memphis jumped into the water and swam over to the shore where he sat. "So, it's a been a bad day, huh sug? Well, that's too bad. It's nice here today. Maybe it will make you feel better."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:17 pm
Caddassi sighed again, this one heavier and more drawn out. "Frankly, I'm not so sure anymore. The woman is driving me nuts. The only reason I come to this place is because she terrified of the ocean." he complained, his words muffled by the sand and his own body.

"You ever live with a lunatic?" he asked, hoping the mysterious stranger wouldn't think him a lunatic himself. He wasn't always so morose and whiney but it had been so long since somone had talked to him in anything other than fear and anger, he couldn't stop his problems from tumbling out of their accord.

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100

immortalmina

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:23 am
Memphis shook her head no. "No, I was raised by a Naiad like me. She thinks she's funny and tells jokes all the time. We both rather enjoy the new ocean. I think you look like you belong here too, sug." Memphis smiled and then winked before raising her hand to her lips and blowing a kiss that looked like a blue heart. "I'm Memphis."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:19 am
"Naiad? What are you some kind of mermaid?" he asked, finally rasing his head to look at her before turning a deep blue around his gill marks; his version of blushing. "Oh.Sorry, didn't realize..." he traile doff his blush intensifying. Oh gawd, the first person to talk to him sanely and he had all but insulted her.

Hoping she wouldn't notice his blush or his rudeness, he stuck out his sand covered hand and gave a slightly embarrased smile. "Cadassi. And I may look like I belong but I don't even think I know how to swim." he said, giving the ocean behind her a rueful look.

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100

immortalmina

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:29 pm
Memphis chuckled. "Yeah, that's what I am. Mermaid princess." She winked before getting on land. Once there her fin became legs. Using her legs she walked over and sat next to Cadassi.

"Nice to meet you. Not swim? Well, boy howdy you'd think with a fin like that and lack of hair you'd be great. Wanna learn?" This was her way of offering. Which was nice as sometimes she could be a bit snobbish.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:20 pm
Cadassi stared at her lower half as she changed into her land legs. Now that was something he had never seen happen before. He highly doubted the princess thing, though.

He moved to touch them until she mention his lack of hair. Visibly ruffled, he poked his head in her face. "I am not bald! I have stubble. See?" he declared.

Truth was, he shaved his head regularly because hair was too much trouble to take care of when his caretaker was on a bend and refusing to let him come home.

"And yes." he continued, moving back into his own personal space. "I would love to learn how to swim. Will you be teaching me?" he asked, looking down at her legs again.

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100

immortalmina

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:26 pm
Memphis didn't mean anything by it. She had heard somewhere that no hair was better for speed anyway. She also knew most fish didn't have hair or any besides the Naiads. "I see. Sorry about that, sug."

Memphis wasn't sure if she was meant to be offended by that. "Why of course. I don't see anyone else around offering. But if you don't want me to I don't haffta." She put her hands on her legs and sighed. She was only trying to help.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:48 pm
Cadassi shrugged, dragging his eyes to her face. "I was just asking because you seem to only have legs on land. How are you s'posed to teach me to swim in the water if you have a one fin and I have two legs?" he pointed out.

"Wouldn't the dynamics be a bit off?" he asked, returning his gaze to her legs only be thwarted by her hands blocking his view. So he studied her feet instead. 'If I could do that with my fin I might actually stand a chance at home.' He thought wistfully.

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100

immortalmina

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:52 pm
Memphis had not really thought about that. "Is it really all that different? I guess it might be. Well, I could show you how I do it and then just change for your two legs. I don't have a back fin either..." the teen trailed off. She really did just want to help but the more the logic entered her mind she couldn't.  
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff