Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]
[PRP] No more old views (No, Kijinga, Teleka)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shia bean

Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:23 am
User ImageHer breath tossed sand into the morning air.

Soft, coddling purrs could be heard as the bright lioness snoozed next to the ever comforting Teleka. The days were passing by quickly, an easy transition from rogue to pride member taking the stress off of the initial coming, but there was of course judgment days; and it felt as if today held some mysterious promises. Curling her tail and rising up to her belly, Kijinga yawned and shook off the night jitters, eyes hazily checking the scene. Supposedly, a female by the name of No had taken up the reigns to the Firekin land and was steadily bringing the pride back to life. It was nice knowing everything seemed to be in good hands, and since Kijinga had never met the feline, she was desperate for the opportunity.

It had been arranged a few days ago that the introductions take place. The sun peaking over the mountains to fill its sky with red hues sent butterflies fluttering in her belly, a nervousness never felt before. This was royalty in her eyes, and though she'd like to think her mentality had hit today’s era, Kijinga still stuck to the fact that the nobles of this land were rarely seen and hardly tangible. Picking her weight off the ground, the feline sidestepped to shake the remains off before letting her gaze fall unto Teleka.

"Wake up sweetheart." She cooed, watching the rise and fall of his chest and wanting desperately to just curl up beside him for a few more hours.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:35 am
User Image Life had been perfect for a while now, he would go to sleep with his mate by his side and most mornings wake up to find her there as well. It was as if they were young again, when they first met before Ny and Tamu had been born before they were grandparents, before any of this. It was just Kijinga and Teleka, the way it should be. She was with him in the day and during his dreams and it was her soft voice that awoke him today.

He opened his eyes slowly and looked at the beautiful lioness looking at him. Various thoughts flew through his mind of what he wanted to do till he remembered they had arranged to meet No and then with a sigh he stood up. He walked over to his mate and nuzzled her, loving her and adoring her.

"Time to go is it?" He spoke softly, so differently to how he had been not long before she had returned. It was amazing what she had done to him, the transformation in him. Not only that since she had returned he once more had a relationship with his daughter again and though Tamu was not around to be part of it, he felt at home, with his family.

Remove

Mimsey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:11 am
User Image
No rarely paid special visits. It wasn’t that she did not mind settling down and chatting about this and that- she simply couldn’t afford the time to do it. There was work to be done! Even as she trudged towards the narrow stretch of dens, her mind was flooding with thoughts. Things she needed to speak to Kidondo about. Things she needed to speak to Kenna about. Things she needed to make sure happened today [or else]. But after delaying the visit for a handful of days, finally, No submitted and decided it was about time she get to responding to Teleka, and this Kijinga’s request. As Kidondo’s aunt, it certainly wasn’t a visit she wanted to put off for too long. She felt very strongly about her family ties, no matter what this rebellion seemed to imply.

Hopping over a rock, the black cat took a careful glance behind her. Ea had joined her on her stroll this morning- but the two had parted ways as the awkward adolescent bounded off to her apprenticeship. Allegedly. She had a suspicion that the girl might be slacking off- and made note to speak with her father about it later in the evening.

She came upon the dens soon enough. But as she approached the place where Teleka and his family took roost, she realized somewhat abashedly, that she might have been overly punctual on the timing. The regent stopped outside, sitting herself down upon the sand. Curving her sleek neck, the black cat cleared her throat. “Good morning,” she thrummed.

“I seem to be running early today.” She admitted, her brow shifting as she waited for the two to emerge. "Hopefully this is not a... bad time."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:26 am
No had gone unnoticed by Kijinga, the dark fur playing across the floor like a shadow, and though she ought to have paid more attention to the hind and such a potent and approaching scent, she had also grown a bit lazy as far as defenses went, relying on the factor that in a pride no one was snuck up on.

"Just about," Kijinga spoke, pulling up close to her mate and purring aloud. It was so nice to be close to him and able to love on him in a way she could not have done for Tamu. This was her other half, the perfect match to an awkward puzzle, and though her son took a high place in her heart, she'd never nuzzle and lick at his pelt like she would Teleka. It was comforting to be able to do so, and she took full advantage of every moment she was able to. It was not long till that shadow stole her from the moment, and turning to face the source Kijinga smiled regardless of her shock. "Oh, no not at all! We are plenty glad to see you now."

Heat rose to her face, though did not send her into a stuttering frenzy. "You must be No, then. It is very nice to finally make your acquaintance." Bowing her head briefly, Kijinga drew herself up into a smile, speaking softly “Sorry if we have taken up time from other duties, I’ve only just returned to the pride and was desperate to meet the new leads.” She seemed suited, very poised and extremely beautiful. Solid colors had always been smiled upon during the older reigns, even if red had always taken favorites.

Shia bean

Prophet

Remove

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:37 am
Teleka held back a groan as he heard No's voice outside, sometimes he wished he and his mate could just hide inside their den and just be with each other. He loved it, he loved her, what more was there to say?

So against his desires he let Kijinga lead the way out of the den.

"As Kijinga said, we thank you for coming to see us and apologize for taking up more of your time, we understand you are busy." He was basically repeating everything his mate had just said but he wasn't bothered, after all he had to say something, it just happened to be what had already been said.

"No, this is Kijinga, my mate and Kidondo's aunt." He added a rather hasty introduction as he was sure it was his duty too. "I am Teleka and it is an honour to meet you." Teleka hadn't really spent time with the regents or met them on a casual basis due to his incredibly grumpy mood that he had embraced before Kijinga had returned.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:02 am
No nodded her head, appraising the both of them as they appeared from outside the den. Both appeared to be in good moods, and that settled No's own temperament a bit. She hadn't been sure exactly what the motive of such an invite might have been. She supposed she suspected anything. Yes, she was family. But, she'd also had a hand in killing this female's brother. It was with a similar heart that she had embraced a meeting with Kinja. "I am busy, but never too busy to keep appearances." She smiled, chuckling slightly when Teleka introduced himself. "And, not too busy to know the names of my pride."

"But, I am glad to hear you have returned, Kijinga. I don't doubt Kidondo will be paying you a visit as well, once he and Kenna smooth over some details about the tournament coming up." She thrummed steadily. "No doubt, you should see that things have changed around these lands. But, as one of our blood- you are of course, welcome here."

She gently swayed her tail. Carefully discerning. "Your mother is recently returned as well. I'm...not sure how, available that information has been." Through some mixed effort of her own and Kidondo's. The last thing the old queen needed was to be bombarded by the youth of the pride. But, she took heart that she would have been cruel not to mention it.

Mimsey

Shia bean

Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:59 am
Her body settled in before No, besides her mate and content with all that was to commence. The queen was so enthralling, perfect with her speech that Kijinga could hardly recall things had changed at all. Thankful for the assured welcome, the lioness bowed her head again, this time with a little less enthusiasm but holding the pleasure all the same. “Thank you, No. I am very glad to have returned, and hearing of my mother’s arrival is soothing as well.” She’d like to meet with her mother again, if things were all on good terms; she couldn’t recall the last time they had spoken, or whether things ended well enough to do so.

“I really appreciate this; it’s always nice to catch up on things. I’ve noticed the change, but I’ve been around long enough that if I had not, then it wouldn’t have said much of my devotion. I should have returned a long while ago, I've missed a few...important times.” With her tone dimmed, recognizing the demise of her brother in her words (and only of his death, not of No's place in the attack) she paused purposefully, to separate the statements, and smiled “Tournament? Now that is new! Of what purpose is this event?” She acknowledged Teleka with a glance, questioning his own knowing of the festivities before hiking her brows curiously.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:11 am
Teleka felt a little embarrassed, he hadn't expected her not to know his name but he was just introducing himself because he had never spoken to her before and he thought it polite. Oh well.

He listened to them both talk and as his mate glanced at him he looked baffled, he hadn't heard anything about it either though he wasn't about to enter. He wasn't really a erm fighter, he was but age can catch up with the muscles and his torn ear was always a reminder of the fight when the prides split.

"You should enter Kijinga." He chuckled wondering whether she seriously would or not.

Remove

Mimsey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:03 pm
No nodded her head, a small smile crossing her face. She was glad to have both Kinja and Kijinga return, particularly at this time when both Safi and Simo were one. No matter how tenative the truce was- it was deep issue of pride to the regent. Family, as one. A bit sore, and maybe a little dusty, but still one people. "I'm sure she'll be happy to see you."

"Important times, yes. But, the desert does not leave. I'll not ask what has kept you from it- only that it is more then happy to have you back. The tournament, perhaps the least of those changes." She chuckled, for a moment dropping her serious face. "Things have changed a lot over this past year, but the firekin are still very much firekin."

Her head tilted to the side. "A war has occupied the time of both halves of our pride- and now, in relative peace, conflict always has a habit of stirring itself back up. If people don't have an enemy, they will make one. Since there's no reason to change our nature, we're simply giving it a bit of an outlet. So, a tournament." She thrummed. Yes. Well, that was one reason. The other... Well. In some ways, the tournament for the regents would serve as a leveling ground for the pride. And perhaps some new job opportunities for the victors.

"We don't wish to become weakened in absence of conflict." She nodded.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:42 pm
She kept a cool façade through the embarrassment of a touchy subject, as heat rose to her cheeks and seemed to give her red tint an unearthly glow. It was humiliating to have left, and heartbreaking for her lover and as No left the absence at that Kijinga was more than happy to divert her attention else where.

She guided her head and neck to Teleka, smiling sarcastically. “Oh, could you see me gallivanting out there like a youngster? From what I understand,” checking herself with a quick shift in gaze to No, “The tournament is for a bit of argument settling, of which I have none.” Chuckling again, this to simply laugh at her own words Kijinga proceeded to nudge the males shoulder gently. She wondered if he really thought she might’ve considered joining, or if his statement was simply a joke. She assumed the latter.

“But on a more serious note, the tournament seems to be a brilliant idea. There may, or may not always be trouble between the divided ends, but this will most certainly take away most of the tension. Definitely eases your mind I’d suppose, if all things go well the two sides of this pride will be far too tuckered out to really stir drama.” Mauling the thought over, the lioness proceeded with little hesitation, “Or hopefully do what it is meant to and bring unity again.”

It did not matter one way or the other for Kijinga, since unity or not she'd live it with Teleka.

"If it is not too out of bounds to ask, No, will you be partaking in the events as well?"

Shia bean

Prophet

Remove

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:12 am
Teleka chuckled at his mate and continued to listen not sure if their plan would work. Would it just be down to fighting to cure the split in beliefs? He wasn't so sure but he would keep such thoughts to himself, as long as he had Kijinga he would put up with anything. Though maybe after this meeting he should tell her about her brothers death. He had fought, has the torn ear to prove it and like many others saw the fight that killed Kimeti.

He just nodded, not really saying much. This meeting was more for Kijinga then it was for he anyway. He just stayed beside her, loved her and adored her. Maybe love would bring unity to the pride, once the youngsters fell in love with other members. Love was a strong emotion, he should know. He wondered if that would happen, if the younger generation were to be the ones to sort it all out.

"Good luck with the tournament." He smiled as he spoke and then moved even closer to his mate, leaning on her slightly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:35 pm
[ ;; So sorry on the wait! Got a bit out of RP with the move back to school.]

A smile crossed the black cat's face. Oh! If only. She truthfully would have been delighted to take part in the event. Even now as a regent- there was still very much the young girl who wanted desperately to prove herself firekin. But as it were, her title did have some unfortunate complications. "Mm, I've spoken to Kidondo about it. But, he didn't seem too keen on fighting with me." She thrummed, her ears folding against his head. "Unfortunately, Kidondo, Kenna and myself will not be taking part so we may impartially judge the competition. Although, I won't lie. I would not have minded a little spar between the three of us." Although it was in her nature to tease- she knew very well who the winner of that trio would be. As far as Kenna and herself went... well, that was one spar she'd love to do!

"Argument settler, maybe. But, it's a good distraction from our real problems. And not a bad spot to put yourself back in stride with the group. We're a wild bunch, but even we must have order." And better it be controlled then let wild. Much like fire- sometimes, it had to be let to burn just a bit. "And yes- that is the idea!"

Much like a child really. She'd often compared the pride that way to Kidondo- but even she was still surprised by the similarities.

Her head dipped slowly at Teleka's well wishes. "Well, either way. I am glad for it. I wouldn't underestimate the the necessity to knock some of the younglings in their place, however." She smiled. "Hopefully, we'll at least see you two around to keep watch."

Mimsey

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff