.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]
[DUEL] I won't stop 'till I find the Answers

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
DragonsRage24 generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:29 pm
After the last failed attempt Rellik was beginning to worry if her strength was slipping away from her, if her mind and these losses were taking a toll on what she believed in, what she believed she could do and what she believed she was. She was a Firekin, she knew it though she was not within the pride yet. It was taking so long but she would keep coming back, she would keep fighting until she was allowed to be embraced by the other lions here.

The male that stood before her in the ope spaces between the dunes wa not the same as before. This one seemed younger, but perhaps the youth gave him strength, those his eyes were capturing and bright in contrast to the red of his pelt. She smiled, and bowed to him, to show respect, mutual between herself and her heart for him to duel her. He most likely did not know of her numerous returns, and that was fine, she needn't have him doubt her now.

At once she lept for him, but the sun was behind him, again she did not notice her surroundings and it took advantage of her. She squinted and her unclawed paw grasped nothing as they touched the sand again.

He already had the upper paw.

Kireiryuu generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:30 pm
It was becoming more and more common to hear of duels and spars between lions in the pride, but Vanhi had not thought that he himself would partake in any of them. It wasn't until he had been requested to duel an outsider to see their worth did he accept the offer. Slightly nervous about who he was up against, he would be completely honest that his skills were not up to par with some of the other members of the pride and thus, it would provide a good stepping stone to start honing that area.

As the female came into view, he stood on the opposite side of her. As she bowed her head, he returned the gesture with his head dipping in her own direction. His purple orbs kept her in his sight as she came towards him. He moved quickly out of the way to avoid her frontal attack as he went towards her with his own. But the movement of the sand was still something he had yet to master and it caught his footing.

Kireiryuu

DragonsRage24 generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:31 pm
As he seemed to stumble as well her hopes were strong in that this would be the last time, her final test, and she was ready to become a full member and come here, come home. She gave a smile but kept herself level headed, trying to not let her miss get in the way of her thinking, she shouldn't cloud her mind with things already done and unable to be redone, she needed to move forward.

Though as they would duel, she did not want to hurt him, just show her worth, not injure him. She had already received enough scars from duels past, it was time to set those ideals aside for this fight, this moment.

She ran at him then, and as she reached out to him, her hit was not hard, only enough to make him stumble, but it was not as strong as she liked.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:33 pm
As his stumble was pretty pronounced it was good enough for Rellik to get a good swipe at him. While it wasn't hard and out to draw blood, it shook him a bit as he struggled to regain his footing on the loose sand.

Once he came around her in a slight circle, more secure with his footing he took another charge towards her, but this time feinting to the right in the hopes of catching her on the left side.

Kireiryuu

DragonsRage24 generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:34 pm
As he moved towards her Rellik moved as quickly as she could though the sand was shifting awkwardly which made her balance offset. Moving just in time she took a breath and stopped, watching him, there were no words spoken, but so much was said in silence though she knew that this male would probably not realize how grateful she was to him accepting her challenge.

She moved for him again, but as she was going o throw her full body weight into him she decided otherwise though the decision was made for her, tilting herself somewhat her foreleg grasped hold and pushed sideways his leg, not hard, though she meant to topple him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:35 pm
As his attack didn't make any bodily contact, it gave the female enough time to land a soft blow to him. Slightly stunned, he shook his head slightly before regaining his footing. He had to admit, she was fairly good and today was not his day, he could tell. But he wouldn't let that deter him for trying his best. Afterall, he couldn't consider himself a true Firekin if he didn't try even when things weren't looking in his favor!

He whirled around for another attack towards the female, perhaps this time he'd get a contact.

Kireiryuu

DragonsRage24 generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:36 pm
As he turned to either swipe at or knock down, even topple her over Rellik jumped backwards breathing hard and as he moved, she smiled and reached her arm out quickly to push lightly at his side, not as a taunting jester, but, more fun, not to poke fun, just see if his balance was off at all.

"For someone like me to duel you, preludes seem to cause dissarray, I feel as if I would enjoy your company more than this moment, no offense of course, though sometimes speaking and conversations are much more fun than this," though his company, she hoped, he would realize through this ordeal she was grateful for.

She stood at the ready, offering a smile.

This was more fun than the other times.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:37 pm
Her swipe made contact as he skidded in the sand off balance. Why must the sand tease him like this? At least it was nice and shock resistant, that he was grateful for. His ears flicked towards her as he gave her a smile, "None taken." And it was true, he'd much enjoy the time doing other things, but at least he was helping to test a new member even if it was his off day.

He paused to look at her and figure out a better angle to go at her to get a swipe as he went in for another round.

Kireiryuu

DragonsRage24 generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:37 pm
She smiled and even though this was not the most intense duel she had had ths far, she was losing her focus and her breath and she tried to keep her head straight thinking of what to do next. This was hte fifth, and such she thought would be harder, and it was, she was fighting someone who did not seem to want to hurt or begrudge anyone, not like the first. But then again, it could have just been Rellik's perception.

She jumped for him again, but touched nothing as he merely got her and she skid to a halt, breathing hard.

So it seemed the last would still not be so easy as she would have believed.

Kireiryuu generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:39 pm
Just as most of his attacks made little to no contact, her last one was the same. He could feel the hot sun beat on his back and the air with each breath getting hotter and heavier than the last. If he had counted correctly, this was the last try although he already knew that he had the honor of meeting the first new member of the pride!

With that pride and honor swelling up in his chest, he circled around the female once more before he went in for the last strike against the female.

Winner: Rellik  

Kireiryuu

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:43 pm
His last strike came as a surprise and she wasn't ready, and although it wasn't a hard blow, it was enough to have her tumle onto her side in the sand and sneeze from the pieces that shot into her nose. Rubbing her nose furiously, wet in her eyes she smiled and half laughed, "Oh you got me good there, taking me by surprise," she stood and shook her pelt.

He had strength, endurance and determination, but a will, a will not to just be the best warrior, but a will to know all, and everyone, and she was glad to have met him and have him test her.

Pride swelled in her chest, she was home now, wasn't she?

"It has been an honor to duel you," she said with a bowed head, "To formerly let myself known to you, I am Rellik," and she waited, wondered if this was indeed her time, "And I wish to come home, here."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:49 pm
He was surprised that he had actually made some kind of contact as his face lit up. It was the end!

His tail flicked slightly as he turned back towards her, panting a bit as he dipped his head respectfully in her direction. He was no sore loser, and would admit a defeat. "I am slightly embarassed about my poor performance but I have to admit that my strength doesn't lie in brute strength," He paused, "Regardless, I am very happy to welcome you to my pride, Rellik. I am Vanhi, and if you should need anything, don't hesitate to call me!"

He motioned in the direction of where he had came from, "If you head in that direction, you'll find the heart of our pride. Please take care of the little cubs wandering around." He advised her before he turned to head off, but not before a short farewell, "I hope we can meet up again, Rellik!"

Kireiryuu

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff