Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply Greek Mythology Guild
Who's Better, Zeus, Poseidon, or Hades? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who's better?
Zeus
22%
 22%  [ 24 ]
Poseidon
27%
 27%  [ 29 ]
Hades
49%
 49%  [ 52 ]
Total Votes : 105

Akherontis
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:55 am
Javier Cross
Akherontis
Javier Cross

Do you think the Daoine Sidhe will ever show themselves again, if they're still alive?

You mean the general pantheon's existence is less straightforward than the Olympian or Scandinavian Pantheons?
That sounds worse than i thought.

Well no, they're not real in the first place. You don't think they are, do you? But in fiction, of course the People reappear. They're called Fairy tales for a reason.

This thread is a bit off topic now, don't you think?

Agreed, we need to get back on Zeus, Poseidon and Hades, A.S.A.P[As soon as possible!]

So about Poseidon, how come between Zeus and Poseidon, they tend to unleash more collateral damages than Hades does, again?

Erm, because Zeus and Poseidon are Olympians and have much more to do with the living than the Unseen One does.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:01 am
Akherontis
Javier Cross
Akherontis
Javier Cross

Do you think the Daoine Sidhe will ever show themselves again, if they're still alive?

You mean the general pantheon's existence is less straightforward than the Olympian or Scandinavian Pantheons?
That sounds worse than i thought.

Well no, they're not real in the first place. You don't think they are, do you? But in fiction, of course the People reappear. They're called Fairy tales for a reason.

This thread is a bit off topic now, don't you think?

Agreed, we need to get back on Zeus, Poseidon and Hades, A.S.A.P[As soon as possible!]

So about Poseidon, how come between Zeus and Poseidon, they tend to unleash more collateral damages than Hades does, again?

Erm, because Zeus and Poseidon are Olympians and have much more to do with the living than the Unseen One does.

That's probably a factor, right there.
I figured that there may be other reasons as to why Zeus and Poseidon tend to have harder times containing their respective damages than Hades does, as well, because i know that can't be the only reason.  

Javier Cross

Akherontis
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:09 am
Why not? That's WHY they call him the Unseen One.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:30 am
Akherontis

Because although that may be true that the reason you mentioned is the main reason why they called him the Unseen one, i also have a hunch that other reasons are involved, as well.

For one thing, i don't believe Hades would like the idea of risking traffic in his realm going on, if he can help it.
And for another, he must have learned how to restrain his powers or something like that so only the intended foes can get whatever message he has to unleash across.  

Javier Cross

Akherontis
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:36 am
Javier Cross
Akherontis

Because although that may be true that the reason you mentioned is the main reason why they called him the Unseen one, i also have a hunch that other reasons are involved, as well.

For one thing, i don't believe Hades would like the idea of risking traffic in his realm going on, if he can help it.
And for another, he must have learned how to restrain his powers or something like that so only the intended foes can get whatever message he has to unleash across.

Okay, now you're being strange. Traffic, restrained powers, foes? This is mythology, not speculative fiction. You're making Hades sound like a superhero instead of a deity.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:38 am
Akherontis
Javier Cross
Akherontis

Okay, now you're being strange. Traffic, restrained powers, foes? This is mythology, not speculative fiction. You're making Hades sound like a superhero instead of a deity.

Sorry about that, i was just trying to bring in food for thought, but i probably got the precise chronological order of what food goes first, or something like that.

I could use a breathing room to think.  

Javier Cross

ShadowAlexis

550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:32 pm
My vote is for Zeus

1.Zeus

2.hades

3.Posidon lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:34 pm
alexisDonner
My vote is for Zeus

1.Zeus

2.hades

3.Posidon lol

Poseidon, you mean. wink  

Akherontis
Captain

olddaysgone

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:36 pm
Akherontis
alexisDonner
My vote is for Zeus

1.Zeus

2.hades

3.Posidon lol

Poseidon, you mean. wink

dude, you thrive for correcting our wrongs on greek mythology don't you?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:38 pm
saga576
Akherontis
alexisDonner
My vote is for Zeus

1.Zeus

2.hades

3.Posidon lol

Poseidon, you mean. wink

No, but I do take note of the Guild rules. See the second to last one.  

Akherontis
Captain

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:43 am
Akherontis
saga576
Akherontis
alexisDonner
My vote is for Zeus

1.Zeus

2.hades

3.Posidon lol

Poseidon, you mean. wink

So even outside Zeus's prime years, its still agreed he's still some sort of badass in himself, right?
Something like Michael Corleone or someone like that, right?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:13 am
Javier Cross
Akherontis
saga576
Akherontis
alexisDonner
My vote is for Zeus

1.Zeus

2.hades

3.Posidon lol

Poseidon, you mean. wink

So even outside Zeus's prime years, its still agreed he's still some sort of badass in himself, right?

He's always been a badass. His crowning moment of awesome was probably when he fought Typhon. Typhon was the most fearsome giant in the mythical world, the son of Gaia and Tartaros (thus born of Earth and Hell). His lower half were the coils of serpents, his arms were covered in dragon heads, he was winged and his eyes shot flames. When he assaulted mount Olympos, all the other gods actually RAN away and hid in Egypt, except for Zeus. Corageous to say the least. He loses the first round, Typhon ripping out his sinews. But when he recovers, Zeus leaps from Olympos, hurling thunderbolts and ultimately bashing Typhon over the head with Mount freaking Aitna, knocking the beast all the way down into Tartaros. Yes, that's right: Zeus clubbed Typhon into hell... with a mountain as his club. Bad. a**.  

Akherontis
Captain

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:40 am
Akherontis
Javier Cross
Akherontis
saga576
Akherontis
alexisDonner
My vote is for Zeus

1.Zeus

2.hades

3.Posidon lol

Poseidon, you mean. wink

He's always been a badass. His crowning moment of awesome was probably when he fought Typhon. Typhon was the most fearsome giant in the mythical world, the son of Gaia and Tartaros (thus born of Earth and Hell). His lower half were the coils of serpents, his arms were covered in dragon heads, he was winged and his eyes shot flames. When he assaulted mount Olympos, all the other gods actually RAN away and hid in Egypt, except for Zeus. Corageous to say the least. He loses the first round, Typhon ripping out his sinews. But when he recovers, Zeus leaps from Olympos, hurling thunderbolts and ultimately bashing Typhon over the head with Mount freaking Aitna, knocking the beast all the way down into Tartaros. Yes, that's right: Zeus clubbed Typhon into hell... with a mountain as his club. Bad. a**.

Now THAT is an epic win moment worth recording[but even Zeus was said to require some sort of aid in some of the fighting, right?] cool
That was at one of Zeus' better days, right?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:48 pm
My vote has to go to well i dont nesacerily pick any of them but i choose poesiden.  

The White Dagger

HadesPluto

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:28 pm
Akherontis

*nods* Indeed. It's not like I want to go up there, anyways.  
Greek Mythology Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff