Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply Greek Mythology Guild
Who's Better, Zeus, Poseidon, or Hades? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who's better?
Zeus
22%
 22%  [ 24 ]
Poseidon
27%
 27%  [ 29 ]
Hades
49%
 49%  [ 52 ]
Total Votes : 105

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:50 am
Akherontis
I think the notion of Zeus as a b*****d and Hades as a nice guy with an undeserved reputation is as misunderstood as the (arguably more annoying) notion that Zeus was God and Hades was Satan.

Zeus is a tyrant, but he's a very beneficial one if you consider all the good he does for the mythical world. Frankly, compared to the utter failures of both democracy (nobody agrees, nothing gets done) and communism (everyone gets oppressed, everything gets suppressed) as political systems, a benevolent dictatorship is probably the most perfect system of government conceivable, even though it's impossible to find a person in real life who can fit the bill. Alexander the Great was pretty close, seeing as how he conquered nations but left their cultures more or less intact.

Hades, on the other hand, has no sense of mercy and is greatly obsessed with maintaining and increasing his subjects. A totalitatian regime is okay for the dead, since they aren't self-aware anyway. But having him as a ruler of the living would mean being under constant surveilance, and being punished for even the slightest misdeed. No thank you.

I say we vote Stephen Fry for benevolent dictator.

*is trying to keep an eye on the 3 sons of Kronos with magi-technology, except apparently there's bugs in the systems.*

So how do you operate this thing, sir?

Also, can you do a thread discussing Alexander the Great, as well?
I'd like to hear more about it.

Also, is it alright if you can do a thread dedicated to Byzantine Clothing and Fashion?
I'd like to see what it may be like to imagine Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades in Byzantine Clothing(or at least their personal variants!) for one thing.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:08 am
Hades because both Zeus and Poseidon cheated their wives the only difference was that Amphitrite didn't make a big deal of it like Hera did. Besides Hades has had a horrible life. I mean he can't even go to Mt. Olympus and has to remain in the gloomy underworld  

tying15

Dedicated Sage

Gurotsuki

Scurvy Winner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:37 am
My vote goes to Hades.

Zeus is like a creep for me. He makes himself a funny ruler.
Poseidon is very close to have my vote. His temper ruins himself.
Hades, fierce and fair enough.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:57 pm
Personally, I like Poseidon. I'm a big water freak!  

TheCashew

Symphony_Blossoms

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:43 pm
I REALLY PREFRE POSEIDON 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:55 pm
Hades- He's a great ruler by what I here,he loves his job,he's the impartial judge,and I mean come on,he's gotta have the biggest following.  

Dante Pandorum

Dapper Bloodsucker

2,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Trader 100
  • Person of Interest 200

daniel879

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:54 am
Yes Its amazing smile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:54 am
Hades- He's a great ruler by what I here,he loves his job,he's the impartial judge,and I mean come on,he's gotta have the biggest following. smile  

daniel879

Greek Mythology Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces