Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply Greek Mythology Guild
Who's Better, Zeus, Poseidon, or Hades? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who's better?
Zeus
22%
 22%  [ 24 ]
Poseidon
27%
 27%  [ 29 ]
Hades
49%
 49%  [ 52 ]
Total Votes : 105

HadesPluto

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:30 pm
Javier Cross
Akherontis
Javier Cross
Akherontis
saga576

dude, you thrive for correcting our wrongs on greek mythology don't you?

No, but I do take note of the Guild rules. See the second to last one.

So even outside Zeus's prime years, its still agreed he's still some sort of badass in himself, right?
Something like Michael Corleone or someone like that, right?

He's always been a badass. His crowning moment of awesome was probably when he fought Typhon. Typhon was the most fearsome giant in the mythical world, the son of Gaia and Tartaros (thus born of Earth and Hell). His lower half were the coils of serpents, his arms were covered in dragon heads, he was winged and his eyes shot flames. When he assaulted mount Olympos, all the other gods actually RAN away and hid in Egypt, except for Zeus. Corageous to say the least. He loses the first round, Typhon ripping out his sinews. But when he recovers, Zeus leaps from Olympos, hurling thunderbolts and ultimately bashing Typhon over the head with Mount freaking Aitna, knocking the beast all the way down into Tartaros. Yes, that's right: Zeus clubbed Typhon into hell... with a mountain as his club. Bad. a**.

Now THAT is an epic win moment worth recording[but even Zeus was said to require some sort of aid in some of the fighting, right?] cool
That was at one of Zeus' better days, right?

UGH. Typhon. That thing was freakin' SCARY!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:34 pm
HadesPluto
Javier Cross
Akherontis
Javier Cross
Akherontis
saga576

dude, you thrive for correcting our wrongs on greek mythology don't you?

No, but I do take note of the Guild rules. See the second to last one.

So even outside Zeus's prime years, its still agreed he's still some sort of badass in himself, right?
Something like Michael Corleone or someone like that, right?

He's always been a badass. His crowning moment of awesome was probably when he fought Typhon. Typhon was the most fearsome giant in the mythical world, the son of Gaia and Tartaros (thus born of Earth and Hell). His lower half were the coils of serpents, his arms were covered in dragon heads, he was winged and his eyes shot flames. When he assaulted mount Olympos, all the other gods actually RAN away and hid in Egypt, except for Zeus. Corageous to say the least. He loses the first round, Typhon ripping out his sinews. But when he recovers, Zeus leaps from Olympos, hurling thunderbolts and ultimately bashing Typhon over the head with Mount freaking Aitna, knocking the beast all the way down into Tartaros. Yes, that's right: Zeus clubbed Typhon into hell... with a mountain as his club. Bad. a**.

Now THAT is an epic win moment worth recording[but even Zeus was said to require some sort of aid in some of the fighting, right?] cool
That was at one of Zeus' better days, right?

UGH. Typhon. That thing was freakin' SCARY!!!!!

Dare i ask more about Typhon, everyone?
I have a hunch that there is more about Typhon than what's already listed about that thing, but this may not be the best thing to go in-depth about him.  

Javier Cross

Teenage Hades

Dapper Shapeshifter

8,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:56 pm
I prefer Hades, he is the most misunderstood one (just because he is youngest, and thus forced lord of the underworld, doesn't make him evil), and as far as I know he has the least children with a mortal woman, other than Vulcan. (I can't remember how to spell his Greek name.)

My name would currently be 'A MODERN HADES' but a notice keeps telling me that it is too close to an administrative thing. twisted  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:53 am
I would like to amend that. Hades was the eldest of the sons of Kronos; Zeus was the youngest, and the only one not to be swallowed by his father. The order of birth goes: Hestia, Demeter, Hera, Hades, Poseidon and Zeus.

Also, Hades was hardly misunderstood in ancient times, although he is the most misunderstood nowadays (to the point that there's a trope named after the misunderstanding here). However, while Hades was by no means evil, he WAS frightening, stern, harsh, unforgiving, merciless and absolutely obsessed with keeping what he saw as his own (namely, his subjects, his wealth, his frightful reputation and his spouse). The Greeks understood this, and rightly feared even to speak his name (he had a huge number of epithets to compensate for this, the most popular being Plouton, the Rich One).  

Akherontis
Captain

Teenage Hades

Dapper Shapeshifter

8,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:42 am
i'm sorry, i remebered after i had navigated away that he was not the youngest Zeus was. i meant nowadays because i usually see him portrayed as evil.

but he's stilll my favorite.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:47 pm
Hades is quite wealthy, in more ways than one, isn't he?
Interesting, now if he had any demigod children who existed in the middle ages, i wonder how they may have used such powers.  

Javier Cross

Teenage Hades

Dapper Shapeshifter

8,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:47 am
to take over the WORLD!!!! or win conquests with armies of dead people, who died in said conquest.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:31 am
Well, the myths never really state super powers. Heracles, one of the more famous sons of Zeus, has never had super powers. Just abnormal strength.  

coffeebeancloud

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

x - iloveyou Markie

3,750 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:22 am
Hades  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:18 pm
The Perfect Vibration
Hades

Hades is the King!!!! ^_^
Now i wonder where we can see his Knights?  

Javier Cross

Amaise

1,950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:26 pm
Hades, he always gets the short end of the stick, but he overcomes it and is still amazing  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:34 pm
Amaise
Hades, he always gets the short end of the stick, but he overcomes it and is still amazing

All 3 brothers managed to maintain some varying amounts of badassery, that much can be agreed on.

Now how do i keep an eye on Poseidon?  

Javier Cross

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:01 am
I'm voting Poseidon, because he's the one with the most relevance to mortals. Unless you're traveling by plane, if you're going from anywhere to anywhere, Poseidon's the one you want to favor you. Traveling by sea, you want calm oceans. Traveling by land, you don't want his trident making earthquakes on you.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:11 am
Honestly, I think Hades would make the best ruler. Strict, but fair. Zeus is a good enough king, but he gets his moments of serious jerkassery; same with Poseidon (Medousa, anyone?) Worst thing Hades ever did was nab Persephone, and she could do much worse for a husband than Hades.  

Erosphoros

Akherontis
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:20 pm
I think the notion of Zeus as a b*****d and Hades as a nice guy with an undeserved reputation is as misunderstood as the (arguably more annoying) notion that Zeus was God and Hades was Satan.

Zeus is a tyrant, but he's a very beneficial one if you consider all the good he does for the mythical world. Frankly, compared to the utter failures of both democracy (nobody agrees, nothing gets done) and communism (everyone gets oppressed, everything gets suppressed) as political systems, a benevolent dictatorship is probably the most perfect system of government conceivable, even though it's impossible to find a person in real life who can fit the bill. Alexander the Great was pretty close, seeing as how he conquered nations but left their cultures more or less intact.

Hades, on the other hand, has no sense of mercy and is greatly obsessed with maintaining and increasing his subjects. A totalitatian regime is okay for the dead, since they aren't self-aware anyway. But having him as a ruler of the living would mean being under constant surveilance, and being punished for even the slightest misdeed. No thank you.

I say we vote Stephen Fry for benevolent dictator.  
Greek Mythology Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff