Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)
Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, pros and cons. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think of the upcoming Alice in Wonderland movie?
It looks great! I can't wait to see it!
79%
 79%  [ 31 ]
It looks okay, I'll see it, but I'm not that excited.
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
It looks horrible!
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
I'm half and half on it.
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 39

Noxious Weed

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:30 am
After going to see the extended sneak peek trailer I can say I'm a little surprised and not sure what to think about it.

It seems to be "Alice in Wonderland" versus "Looking Glass Wars" (and you all know how much I love that piece of -opinionated curse word- book.)

=D

Anyways, the weeabos are a scary thing to consider, but they'll get bored of it when the next big thing comes along.

As I was saying, this trailer, right? Music sounds badass, but I'm still not sure for the movie.

if anyone wants to see more stuff http://adisney.go.com/disneypictures/aliceinwonderland/  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:55 pm
Malicious Kitten
I've seen a few threads about the upcoming movie "Alice in Wonderland," directed by Tim Burton. I decided that I wanted to get a few words in, not only talking about the pros, but also a few cons I'm concerned about.

Pros:
~Tim Burton is truely a genius. His movies give the viewer a sense of... entering a entirely new world, and that's something I really like about him. Wonderland litterally is a different world, so this seems it woud be his forte.
~Jonny Depp is an incredible actor, no doubt. He and Burton have great chemistry and work very well together.
~The animation looked very well done, and I personally think the character designs were adorable, and fit well with the characters.
~It's a live action Alice in Wonderland movie, need I say more?

However, there're a few things I'm worried about...

Cons:
~Although Burton is a fantastic director, we all know he specializes in "darker movies," therefore, once Alice in Wonderland comes out, all us true fans will have to deal with a bunch of emo/goth weeabos who claim to be honest, hardcore Alice in Wonderland fans, when all they've seen is the Burton's styled movie. That... will get annoying.
~Hot Topic will, without question, seize the oppertunity for another gothic-lolita line of clothing from Junk Food to market. Dare I say... it'll be just like the Twilight freenzy, and they came out with those (I don't mean to insult anyone who has it, it's just my personal opinion) cheezy shirts.
~It troubles me. This book, that was ment to be a small child's story, is being turned into... some horrible, evil, malicious tale. I've always pictured the story as cute, innocent, and crazy (in the fun way). But then again, I haven't seen the movie yet, so I can't say that it'll turn out as I've predicted. Hopefully, I'll be pleasently surprised.

Anyway, those are simply a few of my troubles and excitments. I'm half and half on the movie, however, I haven't actually seen it yet, except for a few trailers, so I can't be sure of my cons.

Discuss:
~Your opinion on the Alice in Wonderland movie, coming out March 5, 2010.
~Your personal pros and cons on it.
~Anything else relating to the upcoming movie.

... I hope I havne't insulted anyone with my cons either. If I have, I am truely sorry readers. And excuse any grammatical errors I may have, I'm a bit tired from pulling an all-nighter.

Hello! looking at your first post Kitten, I think I heared somewhere that Alice in Wonderland and Through the looking Glass were actually supposed to be a horror or a phicological book. Im not sure but I thought I might put it out there. The movie looks pretty awesome from the bits and pecies Ive seen of it. I personally love Johnny Depp and Tim Burton so another combonation of the two is reaaally good. whee  

Serenity Okami

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:46 pm
Horror? I very much doubt the original books were meant to be that, they were written for children.

Also I've read the books, none of it seemed like a horror to me. However it's very easy to make AiW a darker tale, it's been done before.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:56 pm
AliceXHatter
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was when I started to hate Johnny Depp, I do enjoy Pirates but not for what other people watch it for, most people see it for Johnny Depp. I hate him, he is not that great of an actor. Everyone swoons over him OMG Johnny Depp he is sooo hot but he is not.

Tim Burton is known for making things dark and Alice in Wonderland is not dark, I hate that it will now be open to the scene kids the ones who never liked Alice in Wonderland from the start like most of us here today.

Omg, what are you guys worrying aboutt? This movie should be great (I mean it's Tim Burton), and Johnny Depp is going to be fine in the movie. So, please, stop worrying and be happy that there's going to be a new Alice.

And sene kids aren't that bad, they love stuff like Alice in Wonderland, so it's not like they like it just cuz it's a 'darker' version. You really have to know what scene means and know a scene person to know what they like.
(All in my opinion. If you wanna start a fight, you gotta finish it yourself.)

Artists Love Forever

Book_worm963

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:50 pm
I WANT TO SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games