Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Divination - lesson two is up with the assignment Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

goddessnaia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:01 pm
Matalina_Mimato
I was looking for a mirror when I found one in a store in the city. It was weird, I was cursing in my head because I was only 50 cents short and as soon as I touched it and lifted it up, there was 50 cents under it. I did use turpentine and asphaltum, that worked out pretty well. The mirror already has leaf designs on it and I used my carving knife to do a outline of my Spirit Animal (Coyote) and then did a ritual with a spell I made for it.

When I charged it, I felt the energy leave me and go into the mirror. When I open my eyes and looked into it occasionally, I seen clips of other people in it. It went over really well, except afterwords there was still a lot of energy in the air and my lamp blew up when it was turned off.... It made my roommates paranoid when I told them my light was broken and they seem to sense something when they seen me afterwords because they looked at me like they were terrified. But the mirror turned out great! biggrin

Glad that the mirror turned out so well... I'd advise you to take lessons in shielding, though... It's a good precaution when you release that much energy. If you want, I can teach you, but I believe that there is already a class for that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:08 pm
KillerQueen Bash
BASH has something to say!

Lesson 1
I usually only feel anything with my intuition once in a while. Last week, we were in Vegas, and I'm not old enough to gamble. So I told my mom to go to a certain slot machine, put in a $5 bill, and use one credit, then two, then one, and so on. Then I told her when to stop. She tripled what she put in by listening to me.
Normally, I only intuit something when something bad is going to happen.

Lesson 2
I would prefer to get a mirror and make my own. However, if I were going to purchase a crystal ball, I would like one of rose or smoky quartz--they are very pretty and not as boring as plain quartz. I am currently unable to obtain either.
If I were able to make the mirror, I would carve a protection chant in Theban around the perimeter of the mirror through the black paint. I would also infrequently include some runes and pentacles.

That will be all.

Your idea for the mirror is a very good one, though I would suggest that you don't carve through the paint - that will leave spots of the mirror showing, and that could be distracting. Other than that, you're doing great.  

goddessnaia

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:02 am
I haven't been able to find a mirror yet but if I did, I know how I'd make it. First I would charge the mirror. Next I would paint the mirror with black paint. Then I would use a black Sharpee marker to write modern protection runes on the edge.[I have some in my room, they work rather well.] Then I would find a place to keep my mirror so it doesn't fall and break or get lost. But also a place where I can use it easily. Last I would practice a few times to try and get the hang of it.
Today I'm going to search at the dollar store, maybe they'll have one.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:15 pm
Beautiful Propaganda
I haven't been able to find a mirror yet but if I did, I know how I'd make it. First I would charge the mirror. Next I would paint the mirror with black paint. Then I would use a black Sharpee marker to write modern protection runes on the edge.[I have some in my room, they work rather well.] Then I would find a place to keep my mirror so it doesn't fall and break or get lost. But also a place where I can use it easily. Last I would practice a few times to try and get the hang of it.
Today I'm going to search at the dollar store, maybe they'll have one.

You've got it all planned pretty well. Don't forget to cleanse/purify/etc the mirror before you use it, though.  

goddessnaia

loveblackbutterflies

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:17 pm
I know a great place of where to get a crystal ball so as soon as I have the money I'll be shopping there smile

As for the mirror, I already have one in mind so hopefully soon I'll get to painting it and I'm not sure how I'll physically make it personal to me (I want to use a gold gen pen and write around the sides (I'm leo and gold is my colour) but I think that will distract me from seeing.

Will get back to you as soon as possible.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:39 pm
loveblackbutterflies
I know a great place of where to get a crystal ball so as soon as I have the money I'll be shopping there smile

As for the mirror, I already have one in mind so hopefully soon I'll get to painting it and I'm not sure how I'll physically make it personal to me (I want to use a gold gen pen and write around the sides (I'm leo and gold is my colour) but I think that will distract me from seeing.

Will get back to you as soon as possible.

While it's possible that it would distract you from scrying, I think that since it's "your" color, and the writing would be something to enhance the power, it could be worth taking a shot at it.  

goddessnaia

captains bootie

Hallowed Smoker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:27 pm
[boo's guild]

First Assignment

[I'm not sure if this qualifies as 'intuition']
When I was small, I realized that I would often have dreams of things that would happen. They were hardly ever the full story of what happened, usually just a seemingly unimportant clip of an event that was usually full of great joy or great stress.
Other times, there were clips of things that had little or nothing to do with me, or were of no importance at all, such as seeing a new commercial on TV.
I'm not sure what helps me use this, but I know that being exausted and practically passing out or being too restless before I sleep tends to disrupt this. It either gives me false hints or I have no dreams at all.

Theres also those 'feelings', which I tend to be right about. It could be anything, sometimes I just have a feeling that my friend is in a sad mood, so I call said friend and he/she is crying. Or I have a feeling that something bad is going to happen, and later that day, a friend gets hurt. It always appears to be warnings about the well being of my friends, when I get those 'feelings'. Sometimes I don't realize what the bad event is until months later whehn I think about it. [I just figured out one now!]

Anxiety coveres these small feelings of unease, or makes me believe I have an awful feeling when in all reality, I don't.
Trying to force it ends in disaster as well..

The last thing I have to share is how many times, I can explain how someone is feeling for them, better than they know how. When I'm not forcinging it, I am somehow able to put their feelings or thoughts into words for them. I hate talking about that because it's very uncomfortable for me to do and to talk about. It feels like I'm invading their privacy, I'm not sure at all why I have this ability that I do not want.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:33 pm
captains bootie
[boo's guild]

First Assignment

[I'm not sure if this qualifies as 'intuition']
When I was small, I realized that I would often have dreams of things that would happen. They were hardly ever the full story of what happened, usually just a seemingly unimportant clip of an event that was usually full of great joy or great stress.
Other times, there were clips of things that had little or nothing to do with me, or were of no importance at all, such as seeing a new commercial on TV.
I'm not sure what helps me use this, but I know that being exausted and practically passing out or being too restless before I sleep tends to disrupt this. It either gives me false hints or I have no dreams at all.

Theres also those 'feelings', which I tend to be right about. It could be anything, sometimes I just have a feeling that my friend is in a sad mood, so I call said friend and he/she is crying. Or I have a feeling that something bad is going to happen, and later that day, a friend gets hurt. It always appears to be warnings about the well being of my friends, when I get those 'feelings'. Sometimes I don't realize what the bad event is until months later whehn I think about it. [I just figured out one now!]

Anxiety coveres these small feelings of unease, or makes me believe I have an awful feeling when in all reality, I don't.
Trying to force it ends in disaster as well..

The last thing I have to share is how many times, I can explain how someone is feeling for them, better than they know how. When I'm not forcinging it, I am somehow able to put their feelings or thoughts into words for them. I hate talking about that because it's very uncomfortable for me to do and to talk about. It feels like I'm invading their privacy, I'm not sure at all why I have this ability that I do not want.

User Image

It sounds like you have empathetic abilities. These can be very hard to deal with sometimes, but can also be very helpful. When you get these feelings of anxiety or sadness, or what ever the feeling is, instead of trying to force it, you could try to find out where it's coming from. If it's not coming from within you, then there must be someone somewhere who's feeling that, or will be feeling that. Just try working with the emotions, instead of against them.  

goddessnaia

The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games