Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blank pages, loosely bound (BPLB)

Back to Guilds

A learn to roleplay guild, with classes and guides. An RP school for Gaians of any level. 

Tags: teach, role, play, guide, class 

Reply Main Forum
"WTF?" Weird,Confusing,Stupid,and Downright Wrong RP Moments Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bitter Ambrosia

Beloved Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:43 pm
Lady Bern
Bitter Ambrosia
Lady Bern
Bitter Ambrosia
Lady Bern

I have liked Star Wars since before the prequels even came out. However, I do love the idea of the Sith Wars, and that's usually the type of character that I play. Sailor Moon is just freaking amazing, nuff said. >.<' If anyone here would like to RP, I'm down for it.

Ditto my mom got me hooked on it many many years ago. Until Family Guy did the Star Wars episodes I didn't even realize that Vader being the father was a twist because I grew up knowing this.

Yeah the original version of Sailor Moon is awesome. Oh have you ever seen the American live action disaster?

nope. I wish I could have though. it would have been interesting to see how they mutilated it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODz7ankdTHw&feature=related

It never aired. But this is worthy of the WTF thread.
oooooh
i remember seeing this now. that is well worthy of the WTF thread.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:34 pm
I had a thought while browsing some RPs in a different guild. Why don't people label some clear goals to their storylines. I mean if you're just going for a "throw people into the mix and see what happens," I can see why you wouldn't, but too much open-end makes it seem easy to veer off course, doesn't it? It doesn't have to be a list of conditions to end the story, but some turning points or target events would be nice.

Also, why set up unbalanced tiers of characters? I mean aside from those slave/master RPs (which are beyond creepy). It deters people from picking the lower tiers and if those lower tiers are important to the story it could cripple a RP before it can get off the ground. I know people want to be as awesome as the Lady of Pain in their own RP, but I doubt other people want to sign on as redshirts all the time.  

Phaeton

Ten Tails

Dapper Shapeshifter

7,375 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:49 am
So here's one from me...I got a few posts to throw at this thread. All revolving around a guy, and his inability to properly follow theme in anything we roleplay with him.

We are currently playing a mix of Post-apocalypse and supernatural/paranormal RP. Where various low powered supernatural creatures have to survive after the humans find out of them, and sub-sequentially, make the world a devastated wasteland in the attempt to quarantine the "Supernatural Threat to Mankind".

Think World of Darkness meet Fallout. So we are talking rusted out machines, bombed out buildings, complete societal collapse, and population devastation so vast that survivors literally are all solo.

So with this setting laid out, we find the first of our problems in this post:

Quote:
They weren't dead yet, that was good. It would remain that way as soon as they got to his vehicle. Afterall, would a mad scientist with unlimited resources and no humanitarianists not have some sort of death mobile? That question would be answered for Kathy as Jerecht ran up towards what looked like a giant chunk of metal. It had the shape of a vehicle... sort of, it was kind of like tank meets turtle. It did not appear to have weapons, but did seem very heavily armored with seemingly no joints. He stopped at what appeared to be the side of it, only because that section was thinner than it was long.

He placed his palm against the hull and a series of clicking noises followed. The door pulled inside the vehicle and then slid back behind the hull. He poked his head in and appeared to look at the heavy lead wall at the back of the cabin. Moving quickly, he did his best to place Kathy inside without further hurting her. After getting her inside, he touched a red square on the inside of the door and stepped back. The door slid forward and pulled out towards the outside, slamming shut and clicking again. Running around to the other side, he repeated the processes and got in, closing the door behind him.

The inside was fairly comfortable, but only in the seating, the rest of the vehicle appeared to be designed purely with function in mind. As such, there was lots of bare metal, which gave the interior a cold feel. That being said, it was somewhat comfortable in temperature despite the apparent lack of any air vents. The back of the cockpit where the lead wall was, however, had a strange sort of heat that radiating from it despite the heavy metal and insulation. That was it for the cockpit however, though Kathy probably wouldn't even think it was one, there were no controls, no windows, nothing, just solid metal. That was, of course, until Jerecht placed his hand an the wall infront of it. The cockpit flooded with light and in a moment, the interior had completely changed; it appeared as if they were outside, except for being off the ground, the chairs beneath them, possessions, and the faint whites lines that seemed to mark the walls of the vehicle. A sigh escaped his lips, as Jerecht slipped back into the seat, seeming completely relaxed despite the raiders.

"Welcome Jerecht. Would you like me to run a scan?"

The voice sounded feminine and Jerecht laughed, now looking over to Kathy with an apologetic smile.

"Gets lonely in the wastes, you know... No, Diana, thank you. Plot a course for the base, if you would my dear... Sorry about that Kathy, don't worry about the Raiders... we're safe now; they'd need more than a few RPG's to get through this armor. I'd have just taken it through town, but with no weapons and the sound of rubble cracking beneath the treads, I'd have a small army waiting for me to exit the vehicle... Its getting more dangerous each day... Maybe I should design an unmanned scavenger... Diana, log that... lightweight exoskeleton probably chromium, molybdenum and nickel carbon steel... accelerometers, gyroscopes, and geomagnetic sensors... torque induction motors for transformation of shape to slim... robotic arms and a holding pack... and propulsion... nuclear? too dangerous to the contents... electric... batteries are a pain... solar too inconsistent... fossil fuels too primitive... screw it, nuclear... include self destruct. Okay Diana, take us home, gently please."

"Of course."

Suddenly, the area around them began moving and the sound of earth cracking against tread wrought out. It was almost as if they were flying through the air, but the feel of the ground, though gentle, beneath them suggested otherwise. One thing that was missing, was the hum of engines... it was very quiet. Jerecht didn't seem to notice, just staring off into the distance; tt was really only with the loud crack of a concrete slab beneath them that he snapped out of thought and remembered Kathy.

"Oh right, sorry... Are you okay? Lets uh... get that wound cleaned up, alright?"

Now, does anyone see a problem with this post? Keep in mind, this is severe post-apoc scenario. One of the characters literally spent half her entry posts in the struggle to find a small outlet of clean water to let her fill half a bottle.

WHY DOES HE HAVE A TANK?!

And WHERE DO YOU GET THE TECH IN A DESOLATE URBAN WASTELAND FOR A HOLOGRAM?!

and most importantly, HOW HAS THIS CHARACTER NOT STARVED TO DEATH?

How do you find fuel for such a device, where do you get the power to run a hub of computers for an AI hologram? And where do you find the time to program it when you have spend half your day scavenging for food?

But oh, it got worse...This is the characters home thread...please, take a read and look at the pretty pictures.

Quote:
Lactantius (ca. 240 – ca. 320), upon Upsilon the Greek letter Y:

"For they say that the course of human life resembles the letter Y, because every one of men, when he has reached the threshold of early youth, and has arrived at the place "where the way divides itself into two parts," is in doubt, and hesitates, and does not know to which side he should rather turn himself."

Dean Broaman: "To which the wise man... or woman... turns here, to Upsilon U, the pinnacle of academic achievement."

What was once a bustling University of prestigious quality, was now a desolate waste. Rubble, debris, and collapsed structures scattered all around in piles indignant of sand dunes in the desert. Despite the decrepit state, the place definitely wore the look of a college campus; one could see courtyards, great buildings, small buildings, dining areas, and dormitories... well... the remains of them anyway. About two-thirds into the University campus from the western side was the physics center, not that anything remained to identify it as such.

Entrance:
In the center of which stood what could only be described as a small garage or shack with no doors; it wasn't destroyed but it wasn't pristine either and in the busy landscape it didn't stick out much. This was the secrete entrance to Jerecht's base, though, like the physics center in general, nothing suggested as such. Not unless one had a very intimate sense of electrical signals and radiation patterns, anyway. It was only through complex identification scans that the elevator entrance beneath the garage would open.

Entrance Lobby:
After roughly a minute of travel down the elevator shaft another scan will commence, unless Diana is present. Otherwise, the sounds of hydraulics and winding gears would fill the room as the heavy steel and lead door rises open. A few paces infront of the elevator shaft, is a rotating platform on which the Diana tank rests if present. What follows is a vast cavernous space, cold and steely, in no way warmed by the flourescent lights gleaming above. A brief walk into the heart of the lobby leads to a small enclave with four doors, all of which equipped with keypads. There were two in-front (B- and C-Wings), one to the left (D-Wing), and one to the right (A-Wing). The leftmost door bears the all-too-familiar radiation sign brazenly upon its heavy lead structure.

User Image

A-Wing Lounge:
The first door to the right of the plain white hallway of the A-Wing. Inside, the lounge welcomes you with bright soft-light and comfort. The view suggests that it is above ground, but is obvious that such is not the case; giant monitor screens simulate the outside world, which changes with the time of day, to give the room a more organic feel. With a fireplace across from the sofa, this is the perfect place to relax and read a book.

User Image

A-Wing Bathroom:
The first door on the left of the hallway, across from the Lounge. The simulated shower window and skylights give this bathroom an open and refreshing feel, the perfect place to wash the ruin off.

User Image

A-Wing Kitchen:
The second door on the left of the hallway. The same technology from the Lounge is used to give the impression of living in the old world. Heavy woods and soft colors accent the room, giving it a homey feel.

User Image
(More to be added)

In closing, tl;dr, This man isn't playing Post-Apoc...He's playing sci-fi. And it bugs me greatly.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:20 pm
Ten Tails

So he's the Batman/Tony Stark of the post-apoc world?

I'd imagine it more like "Gone with the Blastwave" or as you can see from my sig "Romantically Apocalyptic". Plug plug plug.  

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

grilledcheezy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:34 am
Okay, so I have one. A casual pony RP I had an idea for and a friend started was remade by a friend of my friend who's pretty okay to RP with.

original setting/plot
(The Sanctuary) A casual hangout for ponies who wish to rp, chat, mingle,etc... Here is the setting... A place being on the edge of the Everfree Forest between Ponyville and Trottingham, a relatively small building (it's bigger on the inside) the roof an open track for the pegasi who like to race, the place is as tall as a five story building for the pegasi and griffins to fly around inside without trouble. A snaking trench with water, a corkscrew slide going up the side of the wall to the second and third floors for the resident sea ponies. The design of the inside of the building is as beautiful and breathtaking as anything in Canterlot with little touches of every other town, a little piece of home, for everypony... this setting, title and name was thought up by the brilliant Alie Valens a.k.a. Summer Song

So my friend starts off posting this.
friend, co-creator
User Image
[A hooded figure made his way up the dark winding road thru the trees and up the path onwards to a very curious looking castle off in the distance... He was pulling a heavy cart behind him humming softly to himself an old folk song with a gentle smile on his face... His tattered grey cloak swaying softly in the night air which was surprisingly warm given the season... It was nearing December and all the leaves on the trees were just beginning to fall which was very unusual but for those who knew the area thought nothing of it... There was a sort of enchantment about the land and castle as well as the sky above as if everything was perfectly at peace and apart from the rest of the world... The hooded figure traveling by starlight finally reached the castle and wheeled his cart onto the grounds unhitching himself slowly as he stepped inside the massive oak wood doors and into the warmth of the main hall] Ah, well that was fun [Chuckled the white unicorn with the black and blue mane as he slowly made his way in from the outside... His piercing green eyes darted about the room happily as his maids came rushing in to take his cloak and bring him tea] Oh, now really ladies I'm perfectly.. Ooff! [As quickly as they came in they snatched his cloak and rushed off to the nearby wardrobe to hang it up leaving him sitting on the floor with an odd look on his face] Oh, dear I'll never get use to that [He smiled softly as he took his tea and dipped his head politely to one of the staff and trotted off to his study]

Going along with the time of month and weather I post this. Note: My character is a Ponyville native, her mother is a weather pony.
me
User Image

Summer Song trotted down the well-worn path from Ponyville, her saddlebag over her back. The crisp air felt good against her fur, it wasn't quite cold enough for her to be wearing a scarf yet. She needed a new one, she supposed. She hadn't gotten one in a few years. Perhaps she would commission Rarity to make one for her. The trees had been bare for nearly a month and the weather ponies were getting ready to bring the snow. The red earth mare slowed to a walk as she approached the castle, her emerald eyes sparkling. It was a familiar and comfortable place for her, she'd made many friends since The Sanctuary was set up. It had a staff now, as she had heard. It was her first time back in a few weeks, things had been kind of crazy the last time she was here and she felt the need to re-adjust her schedule. She pushed open the giant oak doors and walked through. Summer was closing the doors behind her when a few of the maid ponies came up to help, offering to bring her something warm to drink. "No thank you, I'm fine," the mare told them, waving them off. They bowed to her- which made her blush- and trotted off. Summer let out a sigh and walked into the foyer, pulling a book out her saddlebag and settling down to read.

Then comes this
re-maker, friend of co-creator

Outside of The Sanctuary’s warm protective shield was a wild terrain, much like the Everfree Forest in ways where the weather took care of itself. The winds were wild that day and Minuit could not tell if the snow was falling from the sky or blowing up from below her, but it was cold. Thankfully her destination wasn’t very from where she was now; in fact, every now and then she could see the glowing castle when the winds died down a bit.

After a few more minutes of trudging forward, she finally broke the barrier into the sanctuary, the snow on her dark blue cloak melted almost immediately, leaving her soaked to the bone. She let out a frustrated groan, shaking back the hood and letting her mane fall out. Her silver-blue mane was overgrown, nearly touching the ground on both sides, and it seemed to have a glow to it, much like an opal would. Her tail was the same, though she carelessly allowed it drag behind her even though most of it was already bunched up in a bun at the top of her flanks. Her coat was a slate blue, and very well kept, Minuit defiantly seemed like the type of mare who frequented day spas and salons. But, looks weren’t everything.

The young unicorn took a moment to look around her, the courtyard was magnificent, especially with the trees changing and littering their multicolored leafs all over the still green grass. After soaking it all in she trotted happily to the large oak entrance, not exactly sure if she should knock or not. She’d been writing with StarShadow for a few months now, arranging her visit. She was particularly interested in a certain star cluster that appeared in this area only one month out of the year, and was very eager to map it, but other than that… her and StarShadow hadn’t met or were familiar. Sure, the building was a hotel of some sort now, but she didn’t know Ponyville customs. So knock she did…

COMPLETELY changes the weather and adds a weather force field that wasn't there before or ever there.

Another, irrelevant gripe I have is about how she changed the setting/plot. Really it's something I can get over but she basically disregarded my original idea.

new setting/plot
The Sanctuary, owned and ran by Staurus Perseus Vulpec Orion Shadowmore, other wise known as StarShadow. The Sanctuary is a very mysterious castle-like-manor located someplace between Canterlot and the Crystal empire and has now been open to the public for some time. Ponies far and wide travel to the safe haven to study, vacation, even reside. With hundreds of Libraries, and rooms, several gardens, kitchens and pools the Sanctuary is naturally a place of interest for ponies far and wide as well as a reliable work place for those who need it.

We hope you enjoy your stay…

And I just noticed she completely changed the location.... it was between Ponyville and Trottingham, this is not okay.... I might have to leave it. My character would never be able to make it to the new location. I really don't want to cause trouble with it.

Oh my god.... I'm about to cry in class, I'm shaking and freaking out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:44 pm
I feel like I've become irrelevant and disregarded in an RP I came up with the idea and setting for.... Everything with the girl who re-made it is "my rp" and "[friend] and I." I feel like it's become like "Oh and her character is kind of an owner too, I guess."

Am I just being stupid about this and making a big deal out of nothing? (I can provide a link to the OOC for reference.)  

grilledcheezy

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:55 am
Alie Valens
I feel like I've become irrelevant and disregarded in an RP I came up with the idea and setting for.... Everything with the girl who re-made it is "my rp" and "[friend] and I." I feel like it's become like "Oh and her character is kind of an owner too, I guess."

Am I just being stupid about this and making a big deal out of nothing? (I can provide a link to the OOC for reference.)

You've reminded me that I need to work out more and get back to work on my Zecora cosplay. Making hoof shoes!

Anyhow if creative control was given over to someone else in a way they have a right to do with it as they wish. But it is irritating when they disregard everything that's been going on so far to rewrite it with some odd changes just to put more importance on their character.

It's like a needless reboot. The only time I don't mind changes being made to a RP or guild is when it gives it a theme or goal which was lacking before.

Does anyone else dislike what she's done?
Are you and your original co-creator willing to restart elsewhere?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:54 pm
Lady Bern
Alie Valens

You've reminded me that I need to work out more and get back to work on my Zecora cosplay. Making hoof shoes!

Anyhow if creative control was given over to someone else in a way they have a right to do with it as they wish. But it is irritating when they disregard everything that's been going on so far to rewrite it with some odd changes just to put more importance on their character.

It's like a needless reboot. The only time I don't mind changes being made to a RP or guild is when it gives it a theme or goal which was lacking before.

Does anyone else dislike what she's done?
Are you and your original co-creator willing to restart elsewhere?

She re-made it "with" my co-creator. I really don't see where his input was used at all other than the fact that his character is still owner.
That's my personal opinion on it and it really stressed me out for a while before the holiday stress kicked in.
I've kind of dropped the ball with it and am going to comment that with the new semester I don't think I can keep up with it's pace, especially since I haven't posted since a week before Christmas.
It will be an excuse but I will ask that my character still be stated as a co-owner even if I'm not in the new rp.

And the only thing wrong with the old one was a bunch of spammers coming in a lot. We didn't make it to have a consistent storyline. It was supposed to be a place for oc's to interact where they wouldn't sidetrack other people's threads in the mlp forum.  

grilledcheezy

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:19 pm
Random thing first that may also be a spoiler. For the MLP fans out there who didn't see Twilight becoming a princess coming?

Back on topic of WTF. An Adventure Time RP on a different site. Now if you're an AT fan then you know that humans are very rare to the point we've only really seen 1 possibly 2 in cannon (unless you count the Ice King then you'd have 3 Marcy was a half demon but that human part of her might have been turned vampire ages ago).

The creator of the RP made it very specific that characters were to follow in cannon the AT universe. But this one person whose name I won't say kept submitting human characters so that her character and Finn would be obligated to try to repopulate the human race. We explained to her how that wouldn't work out because with so much inbreeding their children would become sterile unless there were more humans or if they interbred.

But still she insisted on making a human.
The creator, mods, and just about everyone else told her no, refused to RP with her human character, even suggested that she made humanoid characters but no. After the mods deleted her posts and profiles because they violated the rules she threw a big fit and said how much all the rest of us sucked as RPers.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:16 pm
I won't go into huge details but man the drama that happens in some guilds. There is one RP who cannot seem to stand anyone doing better than him. He has like this alpha complex. He has to be worshiped for his skills and what he's done but if anyone stands a chance of being on level with him or worse better than him he will sabotage you by revealing your ideas and spoiling your plots by telling others or going against what you are trying to do.

He's like a super douche that only a few likes and some respects but other than that would like to stay far away from him.  

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Phaeton

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:08 pm
A jealous alpha. It's a dangerous mix. It also sounds a lot like someone I know personally. I dunno, for revering rugged individualism and genteel patriarchs, it seems like those archetypes come with a lot of really nasty traits. Particularly, they're control freaks and can even be borderline antisocial.

Like the traditional socially destructive and unsympathetic antisocial, not the aversive introvert types.

Admittedly I've been out of the RP game for a while. I've got nothing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:37 am
Phaeton
A jealous alpha. It's a dangerous mix. It also sounds a lot like someone I know personally. I dunno, for revering rugged individualism and genteel patriarchs, it seems like those archetypes come with a lot of really nasty traits. Particularly, they're control freaks and can even be borderline antisocial.

Like the traditional socially destructive and unsympathetic antisocial, not the aversive introvert types.

Admittedly I've been out of the RP game for a while. I've got nothing.

I haven't been in the RP game much myself to be honest just a very few handful that are very very slow or dead.

Although I do not know which is worse the alpha with a superiority complex or the alpha slut who uses skank in an attempt to get all of the attention.

They aren't really that good but they've made all of the male friends by having her character be the focus of their lust if even for a minute and perhaps doing something a little more in private.

By doing this she feels as if she's built a male harem of male supporters and she is the queen bee. If any other female character or rper threatens to take attention by actually being good and better than her she will passive aggressively attack that player/character, make an open challenge, or double her skanky efforts.

I've run across a story with a link taking me to the antics of a such an RPer. Horrible as hell and thought she was the proverbial s**t but she was a hack and a noob constantly god modding, making horrible posts using grammar that just about anyone would cringe at, and so on.

When a mod stepped in to correct her and her actions she basically accused the other RPer of doing sexual favors for doing what he did. So she got mad and accused someone else of being the skank that she openly portrays herself as (not her character but her physical self).

The jealous alpha you can knock down a few pegs. The slut alpha actually seems to feel empowered by what they do.  

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

grilledcheezy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:31 pm
I've taken most of my rp'ing to Tumblr but I'm trying to get back to an rp in another guild I helped a friend start.

I haven't had nearly as many gripes about Tumblr rp's that I've had with the Gaia community.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:38 pm
thealievee
I've taken most of my rp'ing to Tumblr but I'm trying to get back to an rp in another guild I helped a friend start.

I haven't had nearly as many gripes about Tumblr rp's that I've had with the Gaia community.
Well, Gaia has a whole slew of other problems to layer onto the community issues. It's probably heading for a long slow death spiral at this rate.  

Phaeton

Ten Tails

Dapper Shapeshifter

7,375 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:42 am
Phaeton
thealievee

Well, Gaia has a whole slew of other problems to layer onto the community issues. It's probably heading for a long slow death spiral at this rate.

Honestly, I doubt it will ever fully die. It's like World of Warcraft at this point. Too much of the population has invested too much time and money into the forum to just abandon it. It might shrink to near nothing, but there will always be a hardcore central group.

Btw, Hi, I'mma back. Anyone remember me at this rate?  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff