For Serious Consideration

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Erotic Nightmares
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:06 am
For the past two and a half years, I have been going to Rocky as often as I possibly can. Discovering it was probably the best thing that ever happened to me.

A little while ago, I found out that our theatre is shutting down... this weekend is their last show.

To be honest? When I read that, I cried. I'm still crying. Who knows how long it'll be before we find another theatre? I may not see Rocky for a long time.
It may sound stupid, to be crying over this, but......

I know I'm not the only one that would. To me, and I'm sure to others, Rocky is more than just a place to dress up and act weird.

It's.... home. It's my refuge, my place to unwind, the one place I can rely on to make me feel better when everything else has gone to s**t. To me, it is so much more than just some stupid movie.
Over the time I've been going, I've watched many people go to a few shows before getting bored and abandoning it. However, I've also seen the people who are there every single weekend without fail.

Rocky, in the end, is just a stupid movie. But it's a stupid movie that's brought people together, helped people discover themselves, given people outlets, or just a change in someone's life.

So for those of us who get sentimental over stupid things occasionally, think about Rocky. Think about what it means to you, how it's helped you. Next time you go, thank a cast member for the performance or the theatre staff for putting up with you.

I don't know what I'm going to do once Rocky is gone. My saturdays are going to feel so empty.....  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:53 pm
Dang, are you serious? That totally sucks. We also have a theatre for it in Toronto, but they only show Rocky once a month, and since the showings for me are really hard to get to I just bought the DVD, I mean, it is an hour car ride and about a 2 hour bus ride. Plus it's in a different city( I'm in Brampton and the theatre is in Toronto.) Which for me, it sucks. Though I'm sure you'll get over it soon, and good luck on finding a new one. ^-^  

Aquos Brawler Bri-chan

Erotic Nightmares
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:51 am
Man, it is a sucky thing.

However, last night was their final show and holy s**t it was the craziest show I have ever been to. It was EPIC. It was definitely the most fun i've ever had at Rocky before.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:37 pm
I'm soooo sorry for your loss. If u PM me what area u live in I could see if I could find another theatre that does Rocky near u.  

Blank Starlight

Erotic Nightmares
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:33 pm
DiNozzo_McGee_Fan
I'm soooo sorry for your loss. If u PM me what area u live in I could see if I could find another theatre that does Rocky near u.

thanks, but I'm good. I'm in Phoenix, and the nearest cast is up in Tucson. And from what I've heard they've fallen upon some hard times and can only perform twice a month. Very sad. I'm just going to have to live without Rocky for a while until we find another theatre.  
The Rocky Horror Picture Show Fan Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games