Welcome to Gaia! ::

Green; The Eco Guild [LARGEST ON GAIA!]

Back to Guilds

If you love the earth, and want to be part of a group with the same ideals, this is the guild for you! 

Tags: Ecosystem, green, earth, water, clean 

Reply 1:: Guild main forum
Post here if your New???? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mylaervain

7,000 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:24 pm
Hello. Call me Myla. I may not be in often enough, but I love the concept. Thanks for the invitation.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:46 am
'Sup, name's sushi.

I've been invited here somehow but I'm AGAINST the green movement solely for the following facts:

1. Company's are raping the movement just to sell more expensive products.

2. Organic foods and the preparation of such have been proven to cause more harm to the environment than all of the sprays and such that go into non-organic foods (cow emissions and gasses that come their wastes as a replacement for "chemical free" fertilizer are actually more harmful than car exhausts, and any farm that doesn't use pesticides either only grows like 5% percent of their total garden since the FDA has such high standards, isn't giving you all the facts, or is lying to you)

3. It's no longer about being green but doing something because your friends do it. It's like a freaking disease, and it's spreading!

4. Saving our planet by going green is going to be a meaningless cause because it's not about the carbon-emissions but about our proximity to the sun and the annual Ice-age rotation in earths cycle. it's been almost a hundred thousand years since one started so it's OBVIOUS we're due for it soon.

Labtech Soosh

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100

-I- Ushi No Tane -I-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:17 am
hi my real name is Sabrina surprised im 14 and i've been invited to the guild biggrin im from Mississauga,ON!
ty people!! i donated sum gold to the guild xD
mrgreen mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:31 pm
*waves*
First off, thanks for inviting me xD

Okay, I'm Celena, I'm 15, come from England. I think going green is an amazing idea. You must've read my thoughts while I was in the car today, and thinking about a world without cars. Also about why people don't like wind turbines. They're amazing pieces of equipment 3nodding
I'm the type of person who finds all of those nature programmes and books and photos really interesting~

Seeing as everyone is talking about their favourite bands: I love The Killers. Brandon Flowers' vocals make my heart beat faster xD
Erm...I like Florence and the Machine, as well, but I doubt any of you have heard of her. Tilly and the Wall, as well... And Kerli! I love Kerli~
And Little Boots...but same again...I doubt you'd have heard of her D:

So...that's my so-long-it-needs-a-tl;dr-introduction.
Hurray!  

water-drop-07

PwnJoo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:15 pm
LADY NEKRO
HI, my name is Andrea and I'm 18 years old. I live in Chicago IL, USA ^^.

Anyone here wants to talk music? I'm a fan of deathrock, goth, punk

Nice. I'm 18 as well, and I like punk and industrial too.

The Distillers
Sex Pistols
The Clash
Rancid
Operation Ivy
KMFDM
Android Lust
Angelspit
Abney Park
Just to name a few.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:49 am
water-drop-07
*waves*

Okay, I'm Celena, I'm 15, come from England. I think going green is an amazing idea. You must've read my thoughts while I was in the car today, and thinking about a world without cars. Also about why people don't like wind turbines. They're amazing pieces of equipment 3nodding
I'm the type of person who finds all of those nature programmes and books and photos really interesting~

Seeing as everyone is talking about their favourite bands: I love The Killers. Brandon Flowers' vocals make my heart beat faster xD
Erm...I like Florence and the Machine, as well, but I doubt any of you have heard of her. Tilly and the Wall, as well... And Kerli! I love Kerli~

Hurray!

Wind turbines are amazing! So is England...I've never been there. But it looks beautiful! I really want to go. Oh, and Welcome to the Guild! Hope you have fun!  

PoppyPatch
Crew

water-drop-07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:11 am
PoppyPatch
water-drop-07
*waves*

Hurray!

Wind turbines are amazing! So is England...I've never been there. But it looks beautiful! I really want to go. Oh, and Welcome to the Guild! Hope you have fun!

They are, yes~
There's a sign near where I live that is encouraging protests against wind turbines. I've felt sooooo tempted to go and scribble out the "NO" and replace it with "YES TO TURBINES!"
But it's too far without a car xD

England's...okay. It's cold and rainy...but it's not a horrible place to live!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:21 pm
water-drop-07
PoppyPatch
water-drop-07
*waves*

Hurray!

They are, yes~
There's a sign near where I live that is encouraging protests against wind turbines. I've felt sooooo tempted to go and scribble out the "NO" and replace it with "YES TO TURBINES!"

Oh yes, I heard it's very rainy! whee And you're right, I would also feel tempted to scribble it out. Too bad you don't have someone brave enough to scribble it out. I would definatly not do it. I mean, I have an opinion against what that sign is saying, but I would never vandalize a street sign.  

PoppyPatch
Crew

Witchkatt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:06 pm
Thanks Poopy-patch for the invite. I'm not on lots because of the demands of the grown up life and family but I like the concept of this guild. I'm a big fan of the idea of hydrogen cars and windmills. Yes, a vast field of windmills may be unsightly, but what's more unsightly: a vast field of windmills or a nasty box churning out poison we have to breath, drink and eat? I think I'll stick with windmills, kthanks.

I just turned 19, I have a daughter turning 2 in September and that's meee....  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:46 pm
Thanks for the invite.

My name is Summer, I'm 27 years old and currently still attending college (._.). I'm majoring in zoology and minoring in environmental studies.

I've been an eco-friendly person most of my life, due to my awesome parents. I try to spread the word in a polite and educated way, but sometimes I get a little frustrated with people who only think about themselves and refuse to listen. :<

I currently own the Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians, and would love to affiliate with you guys if I could.

I also honestly admit that the grammar I see in the guild is driving me insane, and it's inspired me to submit an app for a mod position so I can fix it. whee Sorry guys, it's the truth. sweatdrop

My favorite bands include Journey, Styx, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Dream Theater, Tool, The Black Fortys, Opeth, and Rascal Flatts to name a few. Yes, I know, I'm all over the map.  

Ailinea

PoppyPatch
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:41 am
Witchkatt
Thanks Poopy-patch for the invite. I'm not on lots because of the demands of the grown up life and family but I like the concept of this guild. I'm a big fan of the idea of hydrogen cars and windmills. Yes, a vast field of windmills may be unsightly, but what's more unsightly: a vast field of windmills or a nasty box churning out poison we have to breath, drink and eat? I think I'll stick with windmills, kthanks.

I just turned 19, I have a daughter turning 2 in September and that's meee....

You have a great point there! 3nodding (Your daughter is so adorable! I have a little cousin who is 2, and he's so sweet!) ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:52 am
Ailinea
Thanks for the invite.

My name is Summer, I'm 27 years old and currently still attending college (._.). I'm majoring in zoology and minoring in environmental studies.

I've been an eco-friendly person most of my life, due to my awesome parents. I try to spread the word in a polite and educated way, but sometimes I get a little frustrated with people who only think about themselves and refuse to listen. :<

I currently own the Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians, and would love to affiliate with you guys if I could.

I also honestly admit that the grammar I see in the guild is driving me insane, and it's inspired me to submit an app for a mod position so I can fix it. whee Sorry guys, it's the truth. sweatdrop

My favorite bands include Journey, Styx, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Dream Theater, Tool, The Black Fortys, Opeth, and Rascal Flatts to name a few. Yes, I know, I'm all over the map.

I know, it's hard when people don't listen. Just try your best, then move on I guess. (And yes, the grammar drives me insane too. I try to edit posts, but there's so much to fix! whee My home forum is the GCD, so I'm not used to all this bad spelling.) I'm glad you applied! You might have to talk to Complete_Spazz about affilation.  

PoppyPatch
Crew

littlesisser

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:52 pm
Hey!

I am a 47 yr old Mom of 2, a 15 and an almost 12 yr old.

I want this world to still be here and beautiful for my grandkids and great grandkids!!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:15 am
PoppyPatch
water-drop-07
PoppyPatch
water-drop-07
*waves*

Hurray!

They are, yes~

Oh yes, I heard it's very rainy! whee And you're right, I would also feel tempted to scribble it out. Too bad you don't have someone brave enough to scribble it out. I would definatly not do it. I mean, I have an opinion against what that sign is saying, but I would never vandalize a street sign.

Hmm...that's my problem. There's a huge field right behind it that would fit maybe two wind turbines, which would definitely help power the surrounding villages. And they're worried about how they look stressed

I'd really like someone brave enough to scribble it out to go and scribble it out xD Or at least stick a sign on the side of the road. I'm such a goody-goody that I'd be terrified that I'd get caught xDDD  

water-drop-07

Elbit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:09 pm
Hey guys!

My name is Tami, I'm 22 and I am also still in University. I will be done my Environmental Science degree next year if all goes according to plan. ninja

I will try to be active but I will be gone for the next two weeks doing research up North. So when I get back I look forward to getting to know you guys and having some fun debates. heart

Have a great week and weekend!  
1:: Guild main forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces