What color was Jesus? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xahmen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:46 pm
Kupo-Sama
Does it even matter? He died for the sins of humanity so whether he has white, black, brown, tan or purple, he did an incredible thing.

Give it a rest.

Only if you admit he was Irish.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:13 pm
Zahwomen
Kupo-Sama
Does it even matter? He died for the sins of humanity so whether he has white, black, brown, tan or purple, he did an incredible thing.

Give it a rest.

Only if you admit he was Irish.
Sure, he's Irish. Whatever. Heh, kinda funny I'm saying that because I'm Irish. xd  

Kupo-Sama

Welcoming Lunatic

8,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

ferret658

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:38 am
Here we go...50/50 chance....

Your mom's Irish!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:33 pm
Jesus was almost definitely not white. When you look at the region Jesus was in, he was almost certainly either Arabic or possibly even black. Jesus being portrayed as white has almost nothing to do with his nationality, but rather with Europeans portraying him that way in the stages of early Christianity.  

freelance lover

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:33 pm
I'm assuming that He was white-ish, since as far as I'm aware, He was a Hebrew (wasn't he?), and aren't they white with brown hair?

Then again, I'm assuming that He was a Hebrew because He was born to a Jewish family, or rather, to Mary, who was Jewish.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:38 am
I'd also like to add that it seems like this is actually a very racist debate, in which people of certain races try to prove or insist that Jesus is their race (or maybe even if they don't like Jesus, that he's not their race), because they can only relate to a God or God's son as someone of their own race, when in fact, it's most likely that Jesus (in my opinion) was Hebrew. I could be wrong, but I think that He was, and I'm German, Irish, and I think a touch of Native American....

I'm not saying that you guys are being racist, since I haven't really read much of this thread, so much as I'm saying that it just seems like people tend to do that.  

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Xahmen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:56 pm
I bet Jesus was swinging some pipe.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff