Submit

Flying Dicks

Mega Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:29 am
For the purpose of avoiding being reported I will not name names in this post.
However, I have found the mod promotion and selection process to be very biased as of late, as well as mod abilities significantly increasing, IE; making their own rules with only the approval of an admin.

There have been a rash of mods and mod assistants getting more and more combative with their language in SF recently, and of course this turned into people like that getting promoted in the mod training program.
One person notably, used to be horribly cruel, in a pro-gaia way, and now is behaving... somewhat. But they're someone who has called 'troll' before and someone who all in all seems powerhungry and not committed.

This person- Pro-gaia, anti-user = promoted
Me- Apparently anti-gaia, anti-user = dropped

As well, everyone in my training block who answered a certain question a certain way was discharged.
Where am I going with this? Well, everyone who was my friend and who became a mod was soon enough, brainwashed after becoming a mod, to believe Gaia did no wrong. To see people who used to have such personality be reduced to, essentially, robots repeating the same spew every other 'good' mod does.
I don't think we can trust most moderators anymore. I Honestly dont. last time I posted something to this effect in SF I was warned for trolling by an ADMIN, because I posted statements about current mods and the mod training program. I might be again, but I'm not naming names and not going TOO public so... hopefully.

I've had a mod waltz into a thread with harsh trolling that had been reported and merely post saying "hey, you guys shouldnt troll". I really think that unless you know the mod personally, you can't trust them anymore.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:47 am
It is sad to see Gaia go to hell in a hand basket. Which is unfortunately where it's been headed.  

Jenova4

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:16 pm
Nothing worse than having the "police force" in your area fall to the hands of corruption...except maybe your entire "government." ninja  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:09 am
@_@

I will just do my training the way they want me too and then... Yeah. I really want to apply to be a mod again... I got rejected because not enough reporting, which is weird to me... Reporting and dealing with reports, is completely different.

ZNK

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:12 am
I've had the same thing happen. ._. In a thread that was dedicated to ranting. I complained about how someone I used to find awesome isn't that awesome anymore after becoming a mod. :/ A global mod out of nowhere warns the ******** out of my account and removes me from this one guild. Something, I'm still "wtfing" about to this day. Many users have been warned and even banned before and are still part of that guild.

The reasoning behind it is rather epic too. Beta users represent Gaia in some way. So, we shouldn't go around saying things that could hurt the site. But like, we're in a private locked to the max guild. How will the rest of the site know what we say?

Anyways, I sent an e-mail to MemberTalk@gaiaonline.com because some admin got involved and no one would dare say anything against what she said. I received a copy pasted reply of "we will look into it." It's been over a month since I got that reply. As I assumed, nothing ever happened. I never got another response back.

I feel like I really can't trust the site or expect anything from it.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:50 pm
ZNK
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I will just do my training the way they want me too and then... Yeah. I really want to apply to be a mod again... I got rejected because not enough reporting, which is weird to me... Reporting and dealing with reports, is completely different.

There's a reason to that, but being one that went through the training, I've got an NDA hanging over my head...so I can't say why you were rejected. But there is a good, understandable reason...and it has nothing to do with other mods and admins. I guarantee it. 3nodding  

GraphiteHelix
Crew

Brainy Geek

9,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:24 am
luvableteekerz
ZNK
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There's a reason to that, but being one that went through the training, I've got an NDA hanging over my head...so I can't say why you were rejected. But there is a good, understandable reason...and it has nothing to do with other mods and admins. I guarantee it. 3nodding

Uhm. He already mentioned why he was rejected. :/

And really, you shouldn't go around saying "I KNOW SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW HAHAHA!" It comes off as a bit rude. >>  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:40 pm
If they go off of reporting...I've only reported three threads...>< Guess I won't qualify.

I really think hat the majority of the mods are now becoming the cooperate heads' secret police... stare  

kikirin~sakyomi
Crew

Dapper Gaian

4,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Consumer 100

Hikari Tokoyami

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:19 pm
Guess their is no such thing as opinions anymore once you join the moderator teams. I really want to join to help Gaia, but if that is how they want the moderators to be. Considered me, out because I am not a military dog.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:21 pm
Honestly, after reading this I am kinda glad they didn't pick me when I filled out the moderator application form. If that's how they're going to treat their team I don't want to be apart of it.  

Fleur De Amour

Let's Work Together, Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff