Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Rocky Horror Picture Show Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Rocky Horror Picture Show Fan Guild
Apparently O'Brien's not too hot for the remake.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Upset?
  Yess
  Nope
View Results

Master Crowe

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:50 am
Quote:
The Rocky Horror Picture Show's original writer, composer, singer and beloved Riff Raff is casting a monstrous scowl on the new remake from MTV. "I have no view on whether it should be remade, but it doesn't have my blessing," Richard O'Brien told the BBC News. I'm shocked they didn't even consider asking him. I hope the ground opens up and swallows the entire new cast with their first "jump to the left." Click through to find out what else O'Brien had to say about the defiling of this cult classic.

"I've even heard that they're going to put new songs in," O'Brien told the press. "I wrote the book, the music and the lyrics. Where are they going to get the songs from? Who's going to do that? That's a bit strange isn't it?" Yes, yes it is. Executive producer Lou Adler better get over and make nice with the Rocky Horror man himself or he's going to have a lot of picketing fans in their skivvies outside MTV.

Second, I'd like to meet the musician who thinks they can write better music that "Touch-a Touch-a Touch Me," and "Time Warp," to name just a few of the classics in Rocky.

The remake is set to be direct-to-TV.

Somehow it doesn't come as a shock that he's upset about this. What's shocking is that they didn't come to him first. What the hell?  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:14 am

I'm not really upset that they're remaking it, but what I am upset about is that they didn't go to O'Brien first, and ask him.

It's like when Rob Zombie remade Halloween. He went and asked John Carpenter if it would be fine if he remade it.

You just ask out of respect.

The Amazing Bert Schnick

Spocky_Wocky

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:33 am
I don't blame him for being upset.... His masterpiece is going to be made into another hollywood remake reject!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:47 am
I cant believe they didnt ask him =|
The only thing I can say is the remake will never be as good as the Original.
=]
The Orignal was the best ^_^

Xelimara

Friendly Cyclops

11,100 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Friendly 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Cernunnos -theHORNED-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:29 pm
I don't know how to feel. The fact that O'Brien hasn't given his blessing worries me. But it's Rocky Horror! I'll probably go see it, but end up disliking it. I'm just not one to judge a movie before I've seen it.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show Fan Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games