Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply Greek Mythology Guild
Whose child are they? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

coffeebeancloud

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:17 pm
Maybe Hermes for his athleticism. I could see Hermes running around panicking about the fact he's been cheating. If he had a wife(he doesn't have one, right?)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:34 pm
Mnemosyne Moneta
Maybe Hermes for his athleticism. I could see Hermes running around panicking about the fact he's been cheating. If he had a wife(he doesn't have one, right?)

Actually he does have a wife but I can't remember her name at the moment. Akherontis knows though you can ask him if you're curious.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

HadesPluto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:49 pm
kingofjokers7
Joke time. Everyone from the band Skillet are sons and daughters of Dionysus. When they found this out, the instantly became Christians to compensate for the humility.

Also according to the Percy Jackson books (it is not said but is implied) Hitler was a Son of Hades.

gonk gonk Since when was I related to Hitler?!!!
This is really depressing me!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:16 pm
Queen-of-the-Rogue
Mnemosyne Moneta

Actually he does have a wife but I can't remember her name at the moment. Akherontis knows though you can ask him if you're curious.

In some traditions it's Peitho who is also his/Aphrodite's daughter in other traditions. Otherwise I haven't heard much about him having a wife. He certainly has alot of consorts though >.>  

Lenimph

charaxxfallen

1,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:27 pm
My world history teacher was the son of Ares...I mean all he talked about was WAR!! Some times it was a little unnerving... Though are class was one of the best behaved.  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:06 pm
Usain Bolt is son of Hermes
Tiger Woods took off after Zeus!  

olddaysgone

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:54 pm
Blayd iskander
Cerberus Frost
hitler would be the son of hades
hitler i think would be a son of eris, not hades, hades was not evil, he was just cold, and people thought he was evil because he was king of the underworld and lord of the dead

The Desert Fox, Rommel, could be a child of Hades, though, seeing that some of Hades' children could have the potential to be like Mordred, in their own way.
At least referring to the fact that if Rommel is a son of Hades, that he wounded up in the same kind of Situation that Mordred was in, and once he died[i don't believe Rommel killed himself, but perhaps Hades may or may not have covered it up!] Hades would have more reason to beat himself up so badly, it took a visit from Anubis to prevent him from being worse off.

Aeronn
Blayd iskander
to start: Alexander the great, son of phillip II of macedonia, let's pretend that we don't know his parentage. he was famous for his companion cavalry, which makes me think poseidon perhaps, but he was really a great military tactician, which makes me think Ares. he even went into battle at times. it is a tough decision. if Athene wasn't a maiden i would say that she was his mother, as he was intelligent and even a decent diplomat, but that's out of the question. i guess, i reluctantly say Ares.

Thanks for the interesting thread!
I agree that Athena seems to match the military strategy aspect best. Seems to me though that the heroic children of gods didn't always inherit the qualities of their parents in the myths - though it's a cool idea.
I mean, Aeneas was the son of Aphrodite and he was the second greatest warrior of Troy...

Alexander the Great was the first I thought of before I even saw the second post, but if we're talking about character traits I think Zeus or one of the other "Big Three" might be better for him. It's a leadership thing as well as battle skillz, and Ares seems more of a berserker.

Aeneas was a badass in his own right, being the ancestor to both King Arthur and Augustus Caesar, enough said. cool

Alexander is also cool, and he was not only descended from Hercules, but also the likes of Achilles, too!

Now if anyone from Arthurian Lore could be a son of Zeus, i'd have to give it to King Arthur's father, Uther Pendragon, because how else would Arthur have been an illegitimate child, if his father wasn't one, himself?

That goes likewise with Lancelot, too, since Lance is one of Arthur's most badassed knights!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:35 pm
Javier Cross

Aeneas was a badass in his own right, being the ancestor to both King Arthur and Augustus Caesar, enough said. cool

Alexander is also cool, and he was not only descended from Hercules, but also the likes of Achilles, too!

Now if anyone from Arthurian Lore could be a son of Zeus, i'd have to give it to King Arthur's father, Uther Pendragon, because how else would Arthur have been an illegitimate child, if his father wasn't one, himself?

That goes likewise with Lancelot, too, since Lance is one of Arthur's most badassed knights!

Ah, but Lancelot was badass (and periodically axe-crazy) because he was raised by faeries at Ynys Yr Affalach. I'm not altogether that eager to combine Celtic mythology with Greek, the correlations are more literary than legendary.  

Akherontis
Captain

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:56 pm
Akherontis
Javier Cross

Ah, but Lancelot was badass (and periodically axe-crazy) because he was raised by faeries at Ynys Yr Affalach. I'm not altogether that eager to combine Celtic mythology with Greek, the correlations are more literary than legendary.

Do you think it could be mostly coincidences at best, if Arthur is descended from both the Olympians and the Celtic Gods[if he was also descended from Arianrhod, as well as Aphrodite?]
I think the Philosophers of Arthurian Lore forgot to clear up more about Arthur's ancestry than just what is made clear to us, as the only thing that's cleared up was that Arthur was descended from Aeneas' grandson[or was it great-grandson] Brutus of Britain, but beyond that, not much else about his lineage was cleared up!

True enough, although that said, it could be possible that Zeus may have considered jumping the bones of Welsh Women, since some of them were said to be among his descendants and you and i both recalled how he jumps the bones of his descendants sometimes, like with Perseus's mum[who was descended from Lacedaemon, the founder of Sparta, named after his Queen!] or Hercules' mum[who in turn was descended from Perseus!]

Also, what about the likes of Tristan of[what lands in Britain or Ireland did Tristan hail from, again?] when he joined the Knights of the round table?
He was a badass in his own right, too, along with Gawain and Percival, plus Peredur the 7th child!

I'd like to know if any of them could also be descended from the Gods, as Arthur and Lancelot could be, or if they're just from fully mortal families with no immortals in their gene pools?

Also, what about General Patton, who fought during WW 2?
Who do you think is either his Olympian Parent or Grandparent, or even ancestor, for that matter?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:12 pm
None of them. Arthurian legend, retold a hundred different times, has always had its roots in Gaelic, both Goidelic and Bretonic, filtered through Brittanic romanticists and with the necessary Latin influences because of the Roman syncretism occuring at the time. The Holy Grail was likely derived from the life-bringing Cauldron of Eochaid Ollathair, Merlin was clearly influenced by Myrddin Wyllt and Lailoken of Caledonia, and Avalon and Morgan le Fey are obvious throwbacks to the earlier traditions of the Gwaragedd Annwn and the Tylwyth Teg. The connection with Greek Mythology is, as I said, ancestral and literal, the genealogy is arbitrary and more to do with glorification of divine right than a shared cosmology.  

Akherontis
Captain

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:46 pm
So in any case, i wonder if Hades has any Black Knights for children, that appeared during the Middle Ages?
I'd like to know if there are any suspects on the list.

Perhaps it could be possible that the likes of Lord William of Normandy could be descended from Zeus, Poseidon, or Hades, because apart from intelligence and mad fighting skillz, how else could he have taken Britain back from the Saxons[apart from being descended from Vikings, that is?]  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:04 pm
i think that George W. Bush is son of Ares, and a random bar wench.  

Teenage Hades

Dapper Shapeshifter

8,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:14 am
But i thought Dracula of Wallachia was descended from Ares. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:42 am
Slash came from Apollo. XDDDD
(have you seen him play the guitar? he's so AWESOME. M/)  

bebibebi

Alien Loiterer

13,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Silver-Blood756

1,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:53 am
Blayd iskander
Cerberus Frost
hitler would be the son of hades
hitler i think would be a son of eris, not hades, hades was not evil, he was just cold, and people thought he was evil because he was king of the underworld and lord of the dead

Or he could possible be the Son of Ares.  
Greek Mythology Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff