Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ Archive ]... // Old Theads, Quests, etc
Lift us Home, Migrator Soul! [Fem!Spirit Guide] - crits pls?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cibarium

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:52 am
Follow me home, complete the circle!

LOL HI, have you noticed yet that I have way, way, way too many ideas? biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:53 am
EXPLORE THE VASTNESS OF SPACE!

As always, anything here should be taken as suggestion, and my suggestions are subject to change without warning. XD

Name: Imami
Meaning: Alteration of "Imamu", a Swahili name meaning 'spiritual guide'.

Title: Migrator Soul

Domain: Spirit Guide

Brief Concept: The Spiritual Guide to the living, Imami is the being that people would have sought out or met during vision quests, in belief systems that involve the use of mind-altering drugs in order to connect with the divine, and so on. She brings advice, premonitions and warnings to mortals in a variety of ways: cryptic visions, a gentle whisper on the breeze, or even appearing to them herself. Imami is also a denizen or ruler of the Spirit-Plane, a higher "realm" those in her following would have tried to connect with or visit in order to gain greater insight about their lives and the world around them, as well as call upon its inhabitants for guidance and protection.

Also, something about being the one behind out-of-body experiences that I can't articulate too fancily right now.

Jewel Appearance: Ametrine - 2

Skin: She's supposed to be spirit-like/ethereal in appearance, so possibly a soft gold-tinted white. Having her gain a bit of moth fuzz would not be something I'd be opposed to, either.

Hair: None, but her antennae would become much longer (enough so to effectively match the behavior of human hair), broader, and more flowing instead, and turn gold as well.

Eyes: Surprise me! c:

Wings: A shape like the top middle of these. I'd love for her to be able to impose images on them - but as far as their 'default' appearance goes, having them depict colors / patterns associated with the cycle of death (left) and rebirth (right) might be neat. :O

Clothing Style: What clothes Imami has would serve more to accent her form than cover it, most likely - mantles/stoles worn at the arms, and other things to that effect.

Other: She would, ideally, maintain the body plan of her host's species. I'm playing off the idea that visions are more often of the strange than they are of the familiar, and so it would fit that a goddess with this domain would look strange. c:

This would mean I'd have to find a way to pay for custom lineart, though. @_______@;; Uh-oh...

Psyche: Sanguine. Somewhat teasing, the type who will hint at something but leave it to you to find the truth for yourself - she wouldn't be an effective spiritual guide if she held your hand and spelled out for you what was going on the entire way. Playful and adventurous, willing and wanting to show her potential followers all the wonders of the universe. Fond of a bit of harmless mischief now and again, and absolutely adores mortals.

Abilities: I'm trying to list these in order of what I'd like to see most as well as what abilities she'd be more likely to regain first... and kinda failing at it. XD;

- Astral travel
TO HERSELF: She can travel faster, and be in two (or more) places at once, by moving part of her consciousness/spirit out of her body and towards her destination. Her projected form(s) would be mostly noncorporeal and have a limited ability to interact with the physical world at least at first, and wouldn't even be able to 'speak' with others at the Morph stage. It would also take a larger chunk of concentration and probably not be indefinite early on.
TO OTHERS: By gently pulling one's soul out of their body, she can grant out-of-body experiences to others. This ability would be restricted to her own astrally projected self and last a limited amount of time, due to limitations of both goddess and mortal / other deity involved.

Astral projection means being restricted to the Spirit-Plane - and thus, all but invisible - without some concentrated effort.

- See spirits
NOT of the dead. >u>

- Send visions
The complexity, range, clarity etc. of the visions she can send would start out small at Morph(?) stage and grow with her. At first she'd only be able to send whispers and fleeting images that would be easily dismissed.

- Summon spirits
She can pull denizens of the Spirit-Plane down to earth to act as guides or guardians.

- An ability to know enough about one's life to provide them guidance? Scratching for now, it seems a bit too sketchy and tacked on.

Other thoughts:
- Earlier capacity for planestriding?
- Is there possibly a Spiritual Plane that she'd be associated with? Separate from the Realm of the Dead / Underworld - it would concern kami and other such beings that are spirits, but not reaching that state through the life cycle. I keep thinking like the Spirit World in Avatar as a general idea, here. XD;; If such a place can acceptably exist and Imami gained the power to summon guide spirits, they'd come from here and she'd have to regain their acknowledgment / respect in order to have them in her service again. Those in her following would have probably been able to earn personal guides for themselves, as well. o0o

The Spirit-Plane wouldn't be its own separate 'realm' like the Underworld; rather, it would be a 'higher' part of an existing plane.

She might have at least partial dominion over the spiritual plane, I have no idea. XD;  

cibarium

Noob

cibarium

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:54 am
DISCOVER A WONDERFUL PLACE!

Potential host: (need to work majorly on this)

Name: It's most likely unpronounceable in the palatalized speech most Edel are accustomed to, so it will probably take on a new one upon reaching the Pantheon.

Race: He is a denizen of the planet Ohm.

Appearance: Insectoid alien. His appearance is quite like that of an anthropomorphized wingless moth with a cappuccino-colored body that, while strange, can still be described as being lithe and graceful by a human's standards. Four legs are arranged in a fashion a bit like mantis, allowing a humanoid (e.g. fully upright) posture of the thorax and free movement of arms that end in sets of three clawlike fingers. His head is mantislike as well, though sporting a moth's long, feathery antennae and black eyes. The insect frame continues with a thin abdomen (just the right width for a misguided child to try and get a pony ride) that extends a few feet behind him, enough so to make him longer than he is tall.

Some notes:
-thorax (torso) shape similar to that of an adult male, though longer and thinner in a feylike fashion
-abdomen length = head + thorax length
-legs have 3 segments [need to think on how to articulate this]

Speech: Its race can control the flow of air through its tracheae in order to produce melodic noise (think like a woodwind octet) that passes off as speech. He'd be able to create consonant sounds with some more deliberate and careful control, thus allowing him to produce a haunting rendition of human language.

Psyche: Keywords-- educated, polite, compassionate, sorrowful, ...

Powers: He's gots sum technology I need to write on.

Brief recent history: He is the last of its race, the only one to successfully escape its dying planet that the first Gehenna wave dealt the final blow to. Mere hours before the Sky was eaten, the wear of the various destructive influences since that point had taken so much toll on his ship that he was forced to make a crash landing on Gaia. The life-support functions of the craft were miraculously still functioning and placed him in emergency stasis sleep in order to prevent what would have been his death from the damages he sustained upon impact.

The week of Decay forced it to make an emergency landing, and the planar crash of the week of Hell managed to force a root of Yggdrasil up through the ground near the wreckage of its ship. Believing it to be its salvation against the monsters ravaging the planet it had crashed on, it escaped into the root and has been wandering aimlessly through it ever since.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:54 am
ENTER A BRAND NEW PHASE!

Some bits about the spacebugs. :V

-short-lived relative to other sapients, with most being lucky to reach 50
-sexual maturity reached at around 5-8 years for both genders
-undergo partial metamorphosis, e.g. they are born as smaller, simpler versions of their adult forms and grow by shedding their skin.
-as stated above, their speech / language involves essentially playing their tracheae like a group of wind instruments
-have Lamarckian evolutionary characteristics when it comes to knowledge - certain forms of acquired knowledge are directly inherited by their offspring. As a result of this, their technology, etc. was able to grow at a very rapid pace, and there were typically sprawling family lines dedicated to certain practices.  

cibarium

Noob

cibarium

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:55 am
SEED A WORLD WITH A NEW BORN RACE!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:56 am
Sail the stream as I dance upon the waves of a waking dream, as it passes you by  

cibarium

Noob

cibarium

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:57 am
Ride the beam as I rise upon the wings of a waking dream, as it fades in the sky

User Image

Okay, since I am fairly sure this would call for custom lines, I probably need a LOT MORE than the standard custom price. D:' So, uh... I'm shooting for twice as much.

I'm only including my pure gold at this stage, since I'm ultra fail at not hoarding items... and besides, my whole inventory put together still wouldn't be enough. XD;;

Donations would be met with endless love and appreciation. .u.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:55 am
Please post, I loooove input. c: <3  

cibarium

Noob

Sizzla

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:57 am
Your Spirit Guide and my Hallucination are totally going to have to hang out. Plotsessss!~  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:06 pm
MY NAME IS ZEDRE AND I APPROVE OF THIS THREAD.

Like whoa. heart  

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

cibarium

Noob

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:09 pm
Sizzla
Your Spirit Guide and my Hallucination are totally going to have to hang out. Plotsessss!~

I LIEKS PLOTTINS. XD And I imagine they'd bump shoulders when it comes to things like peyote rituals, ohohoho~

Yaaay, glad you're liking, Zedre.  
[ Archive ]... // Old Theads, Quests, etc

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff