Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Street Pastors

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annie Anthrax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:11 pm
Grrrreetings from the UK, Christians! And if you can spare a moment of your time I'd to talk to you about 'Street Pastors'.

Anyone else have these?

Street Pastors (video) -
Quote:
A Street Pastor is a Church leader/minister or member with a concern for society - in particular young people who feel themselves to be excluded and marginalised - and who is willing to engage people where they are, in terms of their thinking (i.e. their perspective of life) and location (i.e. where they hang out - be it on the streets, in the pubs and clubs or at parties etc).

Street Pastors will also be willing to work with fellow activists, church and community leaders, and with agencies and projects, both statutory and voluntary, to look at collaborative ways of working on issues affecting youth, and initiatives that will build trust between them and the Street Pastors.

As the Street Pastor gets to know people in the community he/she will find out their needs are and what can be done to help. A presence of Street Pastors will earn credibility in the community, so that people know that the Church is there for them in a practical way. The role is not about preaching heaven and hell, but one of listening, caring and helping - working in an unconditional way

To be a Street Pastor you need to be over 18 (no upper age limit), a church member and able to commit to our training programme.
Each Street Pastor team consists of at least three groups of four, each of which will work a minimum of one night a month, usually from 10pm to around 4am.

Official Website.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Although I have not 'heard the word', I'm not religious, I am very interested and taken with the idea of the street pastor.

And I'm very taken with the idea because I work in criminal justice and the results of the work that they do in regards to community safety, crime reduction, community relations and money saved by the emergency services is very desirable! Especially in these economically troublesome times.

Often they are the only uniformed presence on the street, which people like, but unlike the police they deal with problems in a much more different way, again which most people like.

I believe the idea came from Jamaica originally and the pilot group in London worked some of the roughest areas of the capital in response to an increase in violent crime.
Despite this though, not a single street pastor has ever been attacked.

But yes, I'm very taken with the idea because of the services they can offer and also because street pastors do actually reduce crime in the area they are used in, which is always good!
While there are always going to be some critics of them because of their religion, they don't preach, they just help and the vast majority of people are very happy to see them.
Plus you have the strengthened community links, which is always a good thing!

Anyone have something similar where they live?

I'd love to find out more if anyone knows about anything similar.
Or failing that I hope that maybe I've planted the seed of an idea in your head!

Anyway, if anyone has any input it'd be greatly appreciated!
Chip, chip cheerio!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:26 pm
Annie Anthrax
Grrrreetings from the UK, Christians! And if you can spare a moment of your time I'd to talk to you about 'Street Pastors'.

Anyone else have these?

Street Pastors (video) -
Quote:
A Street Pastor is a Church leader/minister or member with a concern for society - in particular young people who feel themselves to be excluded and marginalised - and who is willing to engage people where they are, in terms of their thinking (i.e. their perspective of life) and location (i.e. where they hang out - be it on the streets, in the pubs and clubs or at parties etc).

Street Pastors will also be willing to work with fellow activists, church and community leaders, and with agencies and projects, both statutory and voluntary, to look at collaborative ways of working on issues affecting youth, and initiatives that will build trust between them and the Street Pastors.

As the Street Pastor gets to know people in the community he/she will find out their needs are and what can be done to help. A presence of Street Pastors will earn credibility in the community, so that people know that the Church is there for them in a practical way. The role is not about preaching heaven and hell, but one of listening, caring and helping - working in an unconditional way

To be a Street Pastor you need to be over 18 (no upper age limit), a church member and able to commit to our training programme.
Each Street Pastor team consists of at least three groups of four, each of which will work a minimum of one night a month, usually from 10pm to around 4am.

Official Website.

Although I have not 'heard the word', I'm not religious, I am very interested and taken with the idea of the street pastor.

And I'm very taken with the idea because I work in criminal justice and the results of the work that they do in regards to community safety, crime reduction, community relations and money saved by the emergency services is very desirable! Especially in these economically troublesome times.

Often they are the only uniformed presence on the street, which people like, but unlike the police they deal with problems in a much more different way, again which most people like.

I believe the idea came from Jamaica originally and the pilot group in London worked some of the roughest areas of the capital in response to an increase in violent crime.

But yes, I'm very taken with the idea because of the services they can offer and also because street pastors do actually reduce crime in the area they are used in, which is always good!
While there are always going to be some critics of them because of their religion, they don't preach, they just help and the vast majority of people are very happy to see them.

Or failing that I hope that maybe I've planted the seed of an idea in your head!

Chip, chip cheerio!

Street pastors are also a good example of pure faggotry. LULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULUL. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl  

Xenu_guy

Zukato Nokuchiku

Big Bro

14,375 Points
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Daring Investigator 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:00 pm
rolleyes .....  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:08 pm
Anonamous9
Annie Anthrax

Anyone else have these?

Street Pastors (video) -
Quote:

Official Website.

Chip, chip cheerio!

Street pastors are also a good example of pure faggotry. LULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULUL. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Please don't ruin this thread.  

Kazydi

SUPERSQUIRRELX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:38 pm
Wow, that's a great idea biggrin . Sounds promising.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games