Evolving Items Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

QuestionableMeatProducts
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:02 am
Companion poses and "Joke" can piss me off, depending on what they are.

personally I think the Anema poses are bullshit. how many freakin' "companion poses" are there? did the artist just run out of ideas? I liked some of the equipment for it, but.. I could do without all of the companion and "you are" poses.

And the Fremere's Guard, I think some of the "joke" poses with that are kinda.... bullshit-ish. People complain about sashes. D'uur, the artist makes a rainbow sash with "f" on it. That seems like a clear message to me. neutral

and the fat sasha. That was kind of annoying, because I feel that was directly referring to the general publics complaints about Sasha being too thin.

Meh... maybe I'm ranting.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:24 am
Anima pulled an Alruna's rose. I don't think they're made by the same person, but they both had the same idea. "I've run out of ideas so lemme throw in all of these companion poses. Then I can tell users to stfu when they complain about the lack of poses by telling them the final evolution had 40 even though 35 of them are companion/you are poses in different poses." *insert twisted snicker here*

That's the only reason why I'm not picking up Fremere's Guard. The artist loves being a smart a**. Fat Sasha makes fun of two groups of users at the same time: "the ones who thought Sasha looked anorexic" and those who didn't like "Let me coat your strawberry with my sweet white chocolate." *points to the strawberry on top of "Fat Sasha's" head. And obviously the Sash was poking a bit of fun at the people who wanted the Anniversary Sashes in different colors. My parents would smack me so hard if I pulled what this artist was pulling.  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

jaggedbubbles

Assimilated Borg

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:02 pm
I thought the joke poses for Fremere's Guard was actually kind of funny in a satirical sort of way.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:15 pm
They're funny, in a mocking sort of not funny way. ninja  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:16 pm
Hey look. Another EI. Surprise, surprise. rolleyes
Wow, that new masquerade EI looks really odd. And I don't think I like the concept, either. Just my opinion. What are your thoughts on it, guys?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:18 pm
Yeah, Masquerade doesn't look very interesting to me. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it evolves.

As for joke poses, I don't take offense to them at all. I rather think it's sporting. But then again, I'm not nearly as passionate about this site as many others.  

jaggedbubbles

Assimilated Borg

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200

UPC Betsy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:29 pm
It sounds like an interesting concept and it is only 499.

I'm thinking of getting it, but I'll probably wait a couple evolutions to see if I like it or not.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:40 pm
The mask pose is fine, but the "model" and "morphing" poses are really, really ugly.

I suppose it could turn out interesting, depending on how it evolves, but... well, I don't know how much faith I have in that anymore...  

O.T.L.

Lonely Codger

20,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:42 pm
For the Masquerade, ugly EI is ugly. Gaia can't do entire faces and masks for shiat. However, I am not complaining because it's cheap and it's not an RIG. Though it does feel like a ploy to get money out of those who wanted a masquerade instead of a prom. ninja

Edit: And it seems like they're balancing out the EIs more. (lol, someone in SF said they're replacing the quick updates of expensive EIs with multitudes of RIGs with low odds. Could be true, but works as a good joke too. *snicker*)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:09 pm
Umm..don't you mean expensive EIs, Andromeda?  

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

rimedragona

Youthful Pants

33,975 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Never Give Up 35
  • Cool Competitor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:25 pm
I'm... not keen on the Masquerade. I like the mask, but I hate the "non-standard gaian" faces that a lot of the NPCs/companion poses have. They're creepy, and the heads are even bigger. Maybe it's because I don't like caricatures very much, but that's what they remind me of. And the morphing pose is... eh... ^^; Freaky. I guess that's a good word.

... I'll probably still end up buying one, though, because I do like the mask pose, and I'm one of those "first gen whores" that was mentioned. Not completely... but I do like to have one right away so I can try out the new poses as they show up. And I do find something worthwhile in just about every EI.

Still waiting for something truly worthwhile from the egg. Dangit, Saka. ^^;  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:32 pm
I'm half surprised that Fremere's guard doesn't have a "flaming failure" pose with a rotten, flaming egg yet.

I mean, Saka *never* seems to get *anything* interesting in these evolutions, just the same damn hearts, fire, and cupid. D<

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:41 pm
@Siarnaq: Why yes, yes I do. My fingers type faster than I think. sweatdrop
Edit: And quit giving Jenzee ideas of what to mock people with next! X_X Though I don't think Jenzee'll do that, as it could possibly be insulting to Saka too. That would be funny/disappointing to see though.

Locke (creator of Death Whisper) is doing the Masquerade I hear. Now that I look at it again, it does have his style in it. It's an ok style, but not good enough to interest me to keep it. Only liked like 5 poses in the death whisper. Doesn't help that it's final evolution was a flop. X_X

ninja I can understand where all the trouble with Saka is coming from. They have this person who doesn't like doing pixel work...doing pixel work. Yes it's bad that she's slacking, but I'm sure the higher ups knew she didn't like doing pixel work before they ordered her to. ninja If Gaia needed that many pixel artists that someone who doesn't like doing pixel work needs to come along to pick up the slack, they shouldn't have fired so many staff members. I need to quit coming up with tl:drs at 2AM. X_X  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:38 pm
Death Whisper's last evo was a horrible flop. And you're right, now that I look at it, that does look like his style.

Though I think the faces are oogleh. Just give us regular masks, please. Not masks-on-masks. That just gets weird.

Lol, lookit me! I'm Obama! Now I'm Obama in a mask!

Obama: I'm batman.  

QuestionableMeatProducts
Crew

jaggedbubbles

Assimilated Borg

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:12 pm
I'd buy an Obama/Batman mask. xD  
Let's Work Together, Gaia