Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[ .NK. ]
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:14 pm
Forum Glitches

- Brackets! Anyone with brackets in their name still can't be quoted. This glitch exists only within the forums. PMs and Guilds are fine. I'm tired of being asked/told to remove my brackets. I had these long before you changed the system, and I'm not getting rid of them under any circumstances. People should not have to edit my name to quote me.

- Slow down hotshot! You're browsing the site at your average speed, and our servers just don't like that! This isn't a ban, but keep it up and we'll accuse you of botting!
Can something be done about this? I wasn't even doing anything quickly. I hopped into a thread, read a bit, and tried to hit "back", and got that message 3 refreshes in a row. What about those of us that vend? We shouldn't be worried about being banned because we browse the site quickly, in a totally legal manner. I'm afraid to vend now.

Guild Glitches

- Another thing I've noticed is that even when there are new posts within a guild, you're sometimes not notified about them at all. I can tell that there's a new post, but the icon isn't lit up in any way.

- Guilds aren't even close to being up to date with the forums. The posting format is the same as the way forums used to be. I hope this is fixed with the upcoming guild update, because it just looks lazy.

- When writing a post long enough to require a side bar, if you highlight some text and then click a text formatting button, it zips you back all the way to the top of what you're writing, making you lose your place. This glitch used to exist in the forums as well, but was recently fixed. Now I see that it is still glitched in guilds.

Game Glitches

- Cards needs an overhaul as well. It seems like all of the free parts of Gaia are breaking down left and right, huh?
Tokens aren't registering thread here, and Cards and Slots both are apparently glitchy enough to remove avatar faces. While the latter isn't a very big deal, it's still annoying to see. It's just hard seeing that none of the games work like they should, and yet, they're not really being worked on or updated in any way.

- Lately, Jigsaws has become glitched to the point where it doesn't grant out as much gold as it used to, or something along those lines (according to users in this thread). Also, a Jigsaw update, giving us more puzzles, would be great...if, you know, it actually gave out gold.

Other Glitches

- The inventory arranger is still messed up. Moving items from inventory to storage results in random items being moved as opposed to the selected items.

- Now Cinemas and VJ are facing the exact same problems as towns. Not to mention the fact that we are getting redirected everywhere.

- In addition to that, the housing section of the arranger has lost many people a lot of items. No one is helping them reclaim them. No one is getting them their items back, or fixing the problem at all. I heard of one user losing an entire set of monthly collectible letters they were displaying in their house, and I don't think it's been resolved yet.
Things like this should not be happening.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:16 pm
Forum Updates

- We want the forums tweaked so that advertisements will not get in the way of posting. We want to see new features on the forums, such as bullets, numbered lists (you can do this, but there's no button for it, and you're only going to know about it if you frequent other PhBB forums and know phBB codes), the ability to press CTRL+B, I, or U for Bold, Italic, or Underscore, etc (I think this might only work in Firefox, but I'm not sure).

- Also, we could really use a "Go to page ____" feature. It's so hard getting to the exact page you need in a large thread!

- Increase the signature limit. Coding shouldn't take up the character limit - it's really limiting our signatures. Worrying that this could be abused to get overly large signatures is silly, because it happens already.

- Because you're so insistent upon letting us put flash based things in our signatures that are provided by Gaia, which has no regard whatsoever for dial up users, can you please increase the maximum bite size of our signatures? Most gifs won't work in signatures unless they're small and crappy (and thus, not worth having.) The NPC pictures with the VDay event go far over the byte size, and Gaia has not broken out into chaos (except for those of us that are annoyed that you didn't even think to check it). So please, just increase our limit to 300,000 bytes or something instead of the 100,000 bytes that we have now.

- Spoiler tags! Spoiler tags, spoiler tags, spoiler tags. These would be an excellent addition to Gaia's forums. And white text does not count - it's just a way around the lack of the tags. Spoiler tags should be able to hide images as well as text.

Guild Updates

- Could use a better, more user-friendly Guild creation interface, such as coding tabs to help newbies to BBS.

- Could use a 'subscribe to thread' feature.

Game Updates

- Towns is overdue for an update, and there's so many things you could do. Changing seasons that actually change with the seasons. More bugs, trash, and flowers, and from there, more craftable items. Interactions, such as waving, dancing, bowing, etc., would generate more interest as well. It's always astoundingly popular in MMOs.
This will be an update for both Towns and Guilds: Guild Halls. This is a large house that would come with every guild or something. Big enough to hold plenty of members; the Captain, Vice Captain, and Crew members would be able to arrange furniture when given permission, and it'd be a great place for live guild meetings in avatar form (so, aside from GIM or meeting in a random Towns square.)

- Fishing could use some glitch fixes and updates as well. More fish would be a good start. More bait and rods would be good too.

Other Updates

- Journals could use an update. They don't match the forums (even though most people don't like how the forums look now, everything should still be consistent). In addition to this, they could use some new features; a mood setting (a la Live Journal/most blogs), more customizing options for backgrounds, etc. Perhaps even a feature like we have in profiles, where you can place random images around, like stickers.

- Homes are overdue for an update. There are glitches to be fixed as well. Let us interact with our furniture. We could turn on/off TVs and lights. Live-arrange our homes (Habbo Hotel style, doing it while people are in the home), sit on furniture, lay on furniture (don't even bother saying that it will promote cybering. Users that would cyber do not need encouragement - they'll do it regardless). Multiple rooms and floors would be interesting too. It would be an amazing gold sink that many people would be interested in, especially if we could interact with the furniture. It would also generate more interest in furniture, and from there, open opportunities for cash exclusive housing items, but again, keep 'cheap' in mind. $5 for a chair will just upset users more.

- An announcement update would be great. This could allow us to choose which announcements we get. And it doesn't hurt you in the long run if someone turns off announcements about the cash shop, because if they don't want them, they won't buy them no matter what. This could work on a 'tag' system. Announcements about KiKi's roadtrip would be tagged with KiKi. Then we simply filter it out. If email sites can do it, so can you guys.
Panagrammic's Journal has some information on this, and it seems like we may be getting a system very much like this in the eventual future! I don't care why you guys are doing this (whether it's because of my thread or not), but I'm so, so, so glad to see this is at the very least being discussed/considered/planned. Thank you!  

[ .NK. ]
Captain

[ .NK. ]
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:17 pm
New features to consider.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:05 pm
Dear Gaia,
From time to time a single page in a thread will load "backwards." That is, the newest posts will appear at the top of the page as opposed at the bottom where they usually go. Gaia, your forum is the only forum I have encountered on the internet where this problem occurs. It is of great concern to me, Gaia, that your website is so broken that even the most basic of basics, such as the order in which posts appear, can somehow be turned upside. Please consider looking into this issue after other, more serious issues have been seen to. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Sincererly,
Nanenna.

Nanenna

O.T.L.

Lonely Codger

20,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:48 am
[ .NK. ]
Forum Glitches

- Brackets! Anyone with brackets in their name still can't be quoted. This glitch is fixed within PMs, but exists everywhere else. (I'm waiting to be quoted in guilds to see if it glitches here as well).

Then I guess I'll help you out here.

Oh, look. It works. Go figure.

Why is Gaia using different code for quoting in Guilds and PMs than in the forums? Why? Why, why, why? It makes no sense.

(Oh, wait. It's Gaia. Sorry, I forgot.)

Anyhoo, while we're on the subject of glitches, the Inventory Arranger is still borked. Moving items from Inventory to Storage still sometimes results in random items being moved instead of the actual items selected.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:05 am
O.T.L.
[ .NK. ]
Forum Glitches

- Brackets! Anyone with brackets in their name still can't be quoted. This glitch is fixed within PMs, but exists everywhere else. (I'm waiting to be quoted in guilds to see if it glitches here as well).

Then I guess I'll help you out here.

Oh, look. It works. Go figure.

Why is Gaia using different code for quoting in Guilds and PMs than in the forums? Why? Why, why, why? It makes no sense.

(Oh, wait. It's Gaia. Sorry, I forgot.)

Anyhoo, while we're on the subject of glitches, the Inventory Arranger is still borked. Moving items from Inventory to Storage still sometimes results in random items being moved instead of the actual items selected.

I shouldn't really be that surprised, considering the fact that the guilds have an entirely different format from the forums. How efficient!

I'll update with both of these things then, thanks for letting me know. :3  

[ .NK. ]
Captain

rimedragona

Youthful Pants

33,975 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Never Give Up 35
  • Cool Competitor 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:05 pm
The guilds have had their update now, right? I'm pretty sure, anyway, since they're different than the last time I used them. I thought they fixed a lot of glitches? Or are the ones mentioned lingering glitches that got overlooked?  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:01 pm
I think it's alright if they say "Slow down hotshot!!" What I don't like, is how they hreaten to BAN you for it. The slow down will help prevent botters, but the banning is just too much. I hate how they refuse to fix glitches such as problems in homes, storage, that lose people really expensive items, and they get NO HELP. Also, I noticed fishing wasn't mentioned. Most people cant play fishing. Or it looks like they have no bait (so they can't play)) And they can't upgrade their fishing rod....Although they still show up people who can fish the most fish all at once. Kind of a rub in the gace that, isn't it? House glitching, some people can't even DECORATE their house, yet theres a big picture of it in the "my gaia" page. I don't know if this is at all a good suggestion, but....My idea is that shey skip a month of items...((possibly monthly collectables excluded)) Stop using their money and skills MAKING stuff, and spend a little while FIXING stuff. Make sure gaia is properly running before rushing off to the next thing. Of course this suggestion was only just thought up now.
User Image

Xx Lushrocker xX

Friendly Fairy

7,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
Let's Work Together, Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers