Cash Shop Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[ .NK. ]
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:13 pm
- Lay off of the random item generators. With each one you release, users are getting more upset.
Would it really be that hard to just mini-update the cash shop with some of those items? And why can't we get items that are as wanted as the items in RIGs in the gold shops? For example, you gave out normal cat ears in one of the RIGs, after we have been asking for them for years. We get tired of seeing our most requested items distributed via RIGs, because the average, non cash paying user can not afford them with gold.
Some of the items are so incredibly rare that even cash paying users can't get them. They're sick of trying to win items they want - why can't you just put these items in the cash shop for like 50 cash a piece, maybe a little more now and then? This will keep the gold prices low so that we non paying users can enjoy the items as well, whereas you guys will quite likely get MORE MONEY.
How? Because if you release cat ears in the cash shop for 50 cash, if someone wants it, they have to buy a $10 cash card. And they'll likely want more than one item anyways. And with the low cash price and the lack of rarity, we gold users can enjoy the items as well. It's fair all around.

- Our gold economy is suffering. Mercilessly. When you continue to release coins that give out gold (which, may I add, is essentially selling gold), you're destroying our economy even more. Sagger and other devs have stated that the effect of these coins is slim and almost unnoticeable, but I beg to differ. The cash shop, combined with the coins, has absolutely ruined the gold economy. We can't afford anything anymore without months upon months of questing. And the horrible part is that the items generally inflate steadily with time, making it even harder to get said items.

- The issues with cash cards still stands. Users that don't live in the US (and even some that do) still do not have access to the cards. That's just even more unfair, and you're losing a lot of customers and sales over it. I know that personally, even here in the US, I can't get cards. I've checked KMart, Wal-Mart, and Rite Aid, and none of them in my area have the cash cards. What happened with that? I thought all of the Rite Aids and KMarts got cards.

- Not only that, but T-Mobile still isn't supported when trying to buy monthly collectibles via mobile.

- A lot of people are having issues where their evolving items of a later generation aren't evolving on time or at all. They're still stuck in early phases. This is something that needs to be fixed immediately, or be of very high priority, because these people (usually) paid real money for these items that aren't working. I, personally, have some "backwards" EIs.

- Add in a feature that when a user buys cash or enters in a cash card code they get all ads removed from the site, just like when we buy MCs. Some people get cash and then buy the MCs now, but they should still get the same features.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:36 pm
Another random item generator...  

jaggedbubbles

Assimilated Borg

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200

[ .NK. ]
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:58 pm
God dammit, Gaia.

You fail me more and more with every cash shop update. Sometimes, you really don't listen. Did you not see everyone and their damn brother complaining about the last RIG?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:26 pm
Ever knew of a website that made you wanna cry in frustration? That's Gaia for me. Which is very said, 'cause Gaia's a bunch of pixels... emo
This update has shown me that while they do listen, I believe this is just a normal RIG and not one like the seed, Gaia staff is still more interest in making that money to "get them out of the red". A good chunk of those items are only gold shop quality too!  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

[ .NK. ]
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:30 pm
I agree, Phoenix. I'm very close to leaving and never looking back.

Even when people politely suggest that the put the RIG items straight in the cash shop, they don't listen. It would get them a lot more money and a lot more supporters. They're losing popularity right now, and quite rapidly. They're pissing off some of their most devout members, and I see the word "boycott" being thrown around a lot.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:42 pm
I'd leave tonight if I didn't have friends and people to talk to on here. At the least I'd wind up taking a break for a few weeks.

And it's all the worse that people are going "Oh, when Gaia shuts down because you boycotting, I'm blaming you." People only boycott things when they start going horribly. No one should get pissed enough over pixels to boycott them. This is Gaia being stupid. Like I said in your thread, they coulda balanced it out. I don't remember the last time the cash shop was updated with a single item that wasn't an EI or event related.  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:13 pm
@Andromeda: The last one I remember clearly that didn't include an EI in it was the Chess sets or the imps. I used to love the "you get THIS item" updates in the cash shop. I knew EXACTLY what I was going to get, even going so far as to buy a few at once.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:20 pm
Andromeda Phoenix
I'd leave tonight if I didn't have friends and people to talk to on here. At the least I'd wind up taking a break for a few weeks.

And it's all the worse that people are going "Oh, when Gaia shuts down because you boycotting, I'm blaming you." People only boycott things when they start going horribly. No one should get pissed enough over pixels to boycott them. This is Gaia being stupid. Like I said in your thread, they coulda balanced it out. I don't remember the last time the cash shop was updated with a single item that wasn't an EI or event related.

They just need someone to blame for it, because it could never be Gaia's fault. I'm not worried about it. I know when Gaia goes under, if it happens any time soon, they WILL blame me. And I really couldn't care less. I've had worse things said about me since I started my thread.

I'm still here only to continue this guild. That's it. I have no attachment to this site other than the fact that I want to make things better for the people that still want things to get better. And at this point, honestly, I don't think they will.  

[ .NK. ]
Captain

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:35 pm
@Sianarq: 5#17! How long ago was that!? gonk What are you doing Gaia? What are you doing? Gaia needs to balance it out. People love the items directly in the cash shop, people love the EIs, and people love the RIGs. But very few people like seeing only one thing all the time repeatedly.

@N.K.: X_X I wish they would open their eyes. Gaia can't be doing anything good. They're not only in the red, there's an assload of people complaining about the quality of the site. Just 'cause we all sign on every day doesn't mean Gaia's doing good.

I think someone intelligent remains in Gaia's staff, but they're just not willing to go up against all the disagreement or something. I figure too afraid of getting fired. >.<  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:36 pm
It's extremely cruel irony that we will be the ones to take the blame for Gaia's inevitable (if they don't listen) downfall when, in fact, we are the ones trying to save it.

@Andromeda: I believe it was a little more than a year ago...

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:00 pm
Actually, let me be a little more specific:

The imp plushies were in their own announcement on Wed July 23, 2008, the day after the release of the panda plushie.

....and those are the ONLY announcements of a non-seasonal item in the cash shop without an EI report/rando-item generator.

gonk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:21 pm
They have a new rando item I believe. I'm not sure if it's another gamble chance one, or just a open it and get some random item. They didn't wait very long though.... At least they're rereleasing some of the items from the other random boxes. It should bring the prices down in the MP. But still...  

Nissa chan

Desirable Cat

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:26 pm
@Siarnaq: Ironic indeed. Either way I'll be sitting here with a smile...until the withdrawal sets in. Logging into Gaia's become routine for me. >.<

*headdesk* Is you serious? Nothing just randomly placed in the shop for about a year? Excuse me while I go scream into a pillow. That's ridiculous.

@Nissa chan: It's open it and get an item I believe. While they did listen to users, they still didn't listen. Went right over the heads of what the majority of users requested.  
Let's Work Together, Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff