Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yoki Kishin no Kage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:24 pm
A Duel to Remember
By Kage of the Dark Knights

Notes: This is a short story about a dual between my HP Fan Character and the Boy who lived himself. This dates three years after the Deathly Hallows.

Harry stood at the ready. Before him was a man about his age, with long black hair, piercing blue eyes, and a red robe. His wand seemed to be an oak wand, seventeen inches, with a phoenix feather for the core. The man had introduced himself as James Mathews. The boy seemed nice enough to Harry, but he had an edge to him now as he stood with his wand at the ready.

"Are you ready Harry?" James asked. "I want to see what the Boy Who Lived is made of!"

"I'm ready," Harry said with a bow. James had bowed back and they turned around taking ten steps back and turning around. "STUPEFY!"

James raised his wand and with a flick countered the spell. "There is a lot of power behind your spells. I'm impressed," he said to Harry. He fired a Stupefy spell of his own, never saying a word.

Harry raised his wand and shouted "Ennervate!" He deflected the Stupefy curse, but doubled back.

"Good good," James said. "But it is too easy. You need to learn how to do spells without voicing them." With a swish and flick of his wand Harry's feet left the ground. James swung his wand to the side knocking Harry into a tree. Much to his surprise, Harry got right back up.

"Petrificus Totalus!" Harry yelled. A spark eminated from in front of James and he cursed. He had a shield charm up already. "The only reason I was able to beat Voldemort was because the Elder Wand wasn't his wand James. It had chosen me and in turn turned against Voldemort."

"That may be the case," James said. "But you still have power. A great deal of it at that. You would have had me beat already if not for one fact. You voice your spells. You are a very powerful wizard. Now try harder."

"SUMMUNUS DEMENTUS!" Harry yelled. James's eyes widened as a Dementor appeared in a cloud of smoke and rounded on him. Harry watched as he grew pale. He felt bad for sending a Dementor on him, but he was ready to break the summon if things got out of hand. He could feel the effects of the Dementor as well, but years of training helped him.

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!" James shouted. A cat shot out of his wand and hissed at the Dementor. It surprised Harry, who's Patronus was a Stag, that such a tough dueler would have a Patronus of a cat. The cat lunged at the Dementor forcing it back, and with a smile, Harry called off the summon.

James stood, shaking slightly, but he showed no signs of backing down. "So you know summoning spells. You truly are a powerful wizard Harry. I hold no grudge for your summoning a Dementor on me. This is a duel after all." His feet rose off the ground and he shot towards Harry, wand pointed out. Jets of red light shot out of both of their wands as each fired an Expelliarmus charm at one another. The spells collided and both were thrown back, wands flying.

Both of them groaned as they rose to their feet. Harry was ready to dive for his wand until James laughed. "I'd like to say that was a good duel. Wouldn't you Harry?"

Harry was confused. "I guess so," he said. "So are you saying it was a draw?"

"Yes I would," James said holding out his hand. Both wands shot towards it and he tossed Harry back his wand. "No point beating each other up anymore. I think you are perfect to join my forces."

"What are you talking about?" Harry asked catching his wand. His confusion was evident on his face which caused James to laugh even harder.

"I am part of a new devision called the Wizard Defence Force. You think Voldemort was the only powerful dark wizard out there?" James explained as he held out his hand. "Join the WDF and help us keep the Dark Wizards at bay."

Harry smiled and grabbed James' hand. "Alright."

The End
For Now

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:26 pm
why does the opponent have the same first name as Harry's father??  

Fumetsu Hime

Yoki Kishin no Kage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:09 pm
xxHaleyBaileyxx
why does the opponent have the same first name as Harry's father??
I wasn't big on names when I originally created James. Also James is a common name in the world so Harry was bound to run into someone with the same name eventually. There is no real reason his name is the same as that of James Potter.  
FanFiction and Poetry

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games