100%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 18

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:56 pm
Are super closed-minded and think that your religion is THE ONLY RIGHT WAY.

If so; you make me sad.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:57 pm
Sorry babe.
But I KNOW my belief in Christ is the only way to heaven.

Can other people believe in what they want? Sure, I'll respect them and love them just the same, and I won't push my religion on them.

But I'll still think they're wrong.

Mystery Contendor

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:01 pm
Hmm. How do you know?

Well, as long as you're not going ballistic on people who don't believe what you do. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:05 pm
Faith.  

Mystery Contendor

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:13 pm
I see.

But...what if someone was super open-minded and didn't completely agree with any religion, OR didn't feel the need to choose one, and was a really really good person all their life? They still have no chance of going to heaven?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:14 pm
Is it Christ, or God that gets you into Heaven?  

Xahmen

Mystery Contendor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:21 pm
sheheartsthings
I see.

But...what if someone was super open-minded and didn't completely agree with any religion, OR didn't feel the need to choose one, and was a really really good person all their life? They still have no chance of going to heaven?

Sorry, but no.
We are born of, and into sin.
Acceptance of Jesus Christ, who was the perfect sacrifice, into your life, is the only thing that can cleanse you of that sin.

@Zahmen-Christ.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:28 pm
A My Name Is Alix
sheheartsthings
I see.

Sorry, but no.
Acceptance of Jesus Christ, who was the perfect sacrifice, into your life, is the only thing that can cleanse you of that sin.

@Zahmen-Christ.

So someone who believes in your God, but is a shitty person their whole life, would get into heaven over someone who had faith in SOMETHING that they didn't feel the need to put a name to or define, and was a good person?

That seems pretty ******** up to me.  

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Xahmen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:34 pm
I can jam to the preachings of Christ, because he was a cool cat who taught nothing but love and forgiveness; I am no Christian by today's standards though.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:40 pm
sheheartsthings
A My Name Is Alix
sheheartsthings
I see.

Sorry, but no.

@Zahmen-Christ.

So someone who believes in your God, but is a shitty person their whole life, would get into heaven over someone who had faith in SOMETHING that they didn't feel the need to put a name to or define, and was a good person?

That seems pretty ******** up to me.

Honestly?
I don't believe that anyone who TRULY accepts Christ can be a shitty person.
Once you accept Christ, he starts to work in your life, and you really do become a new person, thats where the term "Born-again" comes from.

Could someone murder people, and right before their death, accept Christ, sure. Is that unfair, yes, but it's not my call.

Mystery Contendor

tigerflute

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:41 pm
There is only one right way and that is through Jesus. He said "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6. I believe that it is possible, however, to know God and go to Heaven without having ever heard of Jesus. If a person realized through all of God's creations(everything in nature, the sun, the moon, the stars, etc.) that there must be a God who created the world and realized that he/she has done bad things and asks God for forgiveness for these things and accepts Him as their God then this person would go to Heaven. Even if a person didn't know that Jesus has died for their sins, it doesn't mean that they cannot be saved. Because God and Jesus are the same person(and yet separate at the same time) a person could ask God for forgiveness even though it is through Jesus that we can have a relationship with God.
The fact that I know there is only one way to God does not mean, however, that I am going to push this fact on people who don't want to hear it. If I am about to share the gospel with someone and I realize that they don't want to hear about it, or in the process of sharing it I realize this, then I will stop.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:53 pm
Alix - I guess that makes sense, but I still don't agree that someone who is a good person but never felt the need to really get into religion wouldn't go to heaven, if there is a heaven. :edit: But still, murdering someone and then accepting the christ of your religion and going to heaven and then someone who was a wonderful person who didn't believe in your religion or never felt the need to choose a religion NOT going to heaven is still ******** up.

tiger - So basically what that says it that someone who believes there is a God will go to heaven, even if they never get into a specific religion.

So, what if you believe in a higher power that created all this, and you have respect for that higher power? But you don't form any sort of religion about it, it's just what you believe. You feel no need to put a name to that higher power, and you feel no need to define it, you just know that it exists. You have faith in what you believe, and that's good enough for you. Still no way to go to heaven (again, if there is one)?  

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Xahmen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:55 pm
I like the sound of that.
Religion without dogma.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:01 pm
Also, Alix: You believe that your belief is the only way, and you are 100% sure of that.

So say someone else comes along with THEIR belief and THEY believe that THEIR religion is the only way, and they're 100% sure of that.

You both have complete faith, but both of you can't be right, even if you are 100% sure. At least one of you must be wrong, because according to your beliefs you both can't go to heaven because you believe in something different.

Or, both of you go to heaven because of your faith. Then you're both still wrong because you thought only YOUR religion was the way to heaven.  

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Mystery Contendor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:09 pm
sheheartsthings
Also, Alix: You believe that your belief is the only way, and you are 100% sure of that.

So say someone else comes along with THEIR belief and THEY believe that THEIR religion is the only way, and they're 100% sure of that.

You both have complete faith, but both of you can't be right, even if you are 100% sure. At least one of you must be wrong, because according to your beliefs you both can't go to heaven because you believe in something different.

Or, both of you go to heaven because of your faith. Then you're both still wrong because you thought only YOUR religion was the way to heaven.

Let me rephrase that.
I think that my belief is the right way.

I don't really specify "religion" or doctrine, or ritual.

I believe that through Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven.

If thats what your talking about, with the differnces between denominations.

If your talking about the difference between my belief, and say, some religion not even close to Christianity., they can believe what they want and be 100% sure of it, but my belief says they're wrong, and I will not end up in heaven with them. Sorry, it's just not going to happen.

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff