Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
what is your point of view on abortion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xahmen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:13 pm
Kazydi
Zahwomen
So "rate is low = shouldn't even be considered"?
My best friend's aunt was raped, and her rapist impregnated her.
When her doctor refused to preform an abortion she killed herself, in the note she said that the thing inside of her was a monster.

Do you have any idea of how traumatizing carry the child of your rapist would be?

I wasn't talking about the rape part, I was talking about the baby killing the mother part.

Same here, I should have made that more apparent.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:00 pm
Zahwomen
divineseraph
Feti are human beings. By biological definition they are of the human species, and due to the difference in DNA, they are a separate entity. As such, killing them is wrong.

It is no more an invasion of rights and privacy than laws against murder. Nobody has the right to kill, especially if the life in question was literally placed into existence by the one who would want it dead.

coughrapevictimscough

There are obvious exceptions. However, a fallacy I notice is the constant fallback on abortion for medical complications and rape victims. This is such a tiny percentage, it barely applies to the subject at hand. Over 90% of abortions are done with little to no medical risk of carrying the child and not in a situation of rape.

Meaning, sure, I'll grant you rape. The other 1.3 million a year are inexcusable.  

divineseraph

Xahmen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:04 pm
divineseraph
Zahwomen
divineseraph
Feti are human beings. By biological definition they are of the human species, and due to the difference in DNA, they are a separate entity. As such, killing them is wrong.

It is no more an invasion of rights and privacy than laws against murder. Nobody has the right to kill, especially if the life in question was literally placed into existence by the one who would want it dead.

coughrapevictimscough

There are obvious exceptions. However, a fallacy I notice is the constant fallback on abortion for medical complications and rape victims. This is such a tiny percentage, it barely applies to the subject at hand. Over 90% of abortions are done with little to no medical risk of carrying the child and not in a situation of rape.

Meaning, sure, I'll grant you rape. The other 1.3 million a year are inexcusable.

Tell that to Kazydi.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:29 pm
Zahwomen
divineseraph
Zahwomen
divineseraph

coughrapevictimscough

Tell that to Kazydi.

Look. I'm just just going to say flat-out how I feel about this. I THINK ABORTION IS WRONG.

BUT

even though, I don't agree with it overall, I can stay out of it when it comes to a SERIOUS health risk. I believe that IN NO WAY should abortion be used any form of birth control. A child is a possible consequence of sex, and if you aren't prepared to deal with the consequences, then you aren't ready for sex.

But of course, people want to do whatever they want to do. They want to have their way, even if it means killing their own child to do it. There are many non-abortion alternative. Abortion should never be high on the list of available options.  

Kazydi

Sini X

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:18 am
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:15 am
She just confirmed my point. Besides, if you make the choice to have sex, and a child happens, it is not your CHOICE or RIGHT, to deny them a chance at life.  

Kazydi

divineseraph

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:10 am
Sini X
User Image

And mine equals mine. What If I decide to use my body to fire a gun at someone?

I mean, who are you to get in the way of my decisions with what I do with my body? I realize I may be killing someone, but it's still my choice because only I can tell me what I can do with my body- You can't tell me not to pull a trigger with my own finger! Rights!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:11 am
divineseraph
Sini X
User Image

And mine equals mine. What If I decide to use my body to fire a gun at someone?

I mean, who are you to get in the way of my decisions with what I do with my body? I realize I may be killing someone, but it's still my choice because only I can tell me what I can do with my body- You can't tell me not to pull a trigger with my own finger! Rights!

Agreed...and it's rare that I agree with you, divineseraph, lol.  

Kazydi

Xahmen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:17 pm
******** yeah circular reasoning and red herring fallacies.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:54 pm
More emphasis on safe sex.

I'm pro-choice.
Mostly because if I got pregnant now, I would have an abortion.

[ k e e l y ]

divineseraph

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:26 am
It is circular logic, the kind that supports abortion on the premise of personal rights. It completely denies the existence of the fetus and thus the entire argument of the other side. It in itself is a red-herring. We're not telling you to not have an abortion because we want to make you suffer because we hate decisions. We're telling you not to get an abortion because it kills a fetus, which is a human being.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:06 am
I think that it's a pretty impossible subject. Moreso, it's impossible to determine whether it should be legal or not.
Make it illegal, and it's unfair to the women who really have no other choice. i.e., rape, disfigured/damaged/etc. fetus, dangerous for the mother, all that fun stuff.
Make it legal, and it's unfair to the other side, because then there are girls who are going to use it as birth control, and THAT is wrong.

I can understand, though, if you made one mistake and you don't want or can't have a baby, and you can't go through with carrying out the pregnancy. But make that mistake again, and that's your own fault.  

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

divineseraph

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:15 am
The biggest problem is raising the child- I mean, a few months out of commission isn't too big of a deal when we're talking human lives. But I can see how feeding a child for 18 years can be an issue for younger people.

This is why I stress contraception and intelligent choices regarding sex.

But even if there are mistakes made, there is still adoption. Admittedly, a crappy system, but I think we should change the crappy systems rather than find negative ways to slide by them.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:19 am
divineseraph
The biggest problem is raising the child- I mean, a few months out of commission isn't too big of a deal when we're talking human lives. But I can see how feeding a child for 18 years can be an issue for younger people.

This is why I stress contraception and intelligent choices regarding sex.

But even if there are mistakes made, there is still adoption. Admittedly, a crappy system, but I think we should change the crappy systems rather than find negative ways to slide by them.

Yeah, I agree. This is exactly what I said in another forum. Fix the system, don't just allow for cover-ups. If you sweep too much stuff under the rug, you're gonna trip over it one of these days. sad

@sheheartsthings I feel the same way. If someone makes the same mistake over and over, the have to deal with the consequences sooner or later.  

Kazydi

No place like 127 0 0 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:42 am
well i heard from several people that victoria set on fire (fire still burning) because they legallized abortion...i dont know...

well i guess if it was for medical reasons, like something extreme. Then i dont think you really have a choice?  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff