Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Tome of the Dead (Roleplay Journals)
**Going Somewhere {Valkon's Journal} Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:21 pm
User Image
To The Light
Metaplot
User Image

(( OOC ....... This is a new thread to see if we can fix the post problem. ))

--------

Eftemie
(( OOC... This thread is to have some fun on the way to the light source. It is meant to have fun, and everyone is welcome. ))

-----
A bit of excitement laced the air as the grouping moved northwards. The trees rattled in the faint breeze that swept through the area. The grasses rasped and scraped against a few large rocks scattered here and there. Insects could have been heard going about their nightly routines if one had stopped to listen. Noone was. A few bats flitted thru the space, feasting on the insects that flew across their radar. An owl swept low, grabbing a mouse in its claws as it made its way across the space. None of the ghostlings stopped to notice any of this.

Valkon was not even certain where he was headed. He only knew that whatever the result of what he had done lay in that direction. Briefly he wondered what lay between where they were now and the goal. He had seen Az's eyes above and that made the yokai certain that Chronos was. He thought about what he had said to Watcher about loyalty.

Who was he kidding? He was loyal to Azmodeus who had taken him in when he had no reason to. A faint grin appeared as his thoughts moved to those first impressions he had of his lord. It put him on the evil side of things, but perhaps not as much as thought. He still wanted to protect the creatures. And he would with the way he had figured out. Each form gave him strength and he would gain as many as he could.

Touma moved quietly through the area. Trees rustled, their branches rattling the leaves hanging on. Some might have been afraid heading for a place they did not know, but not him. He was curious and as he had in life, he wanted to know what was going on. Perhaps he'd have to help stop whatever this was as he had gone against Veros when alive.

He felt bad about the party. After inviting Davenya, Touma had not even stuck around to see if she came. He would return but not until after he figured out what the light had meant. It might mean something ill for them all and one could not always go by rumors.

For now he moved in a straight line to the north, stopping for nothing.

Arthas moved quickly along the road heading the direction he needed to go. But when the path curved away, he scowled. He would have to simply work his way forwards. Briefly he wondered if there were others going where he was and how to use them. But there was noone around.

Then he saw him, moving silently along in to the north. His wings carried the ghostling forwards as Arthas silently watched, holding Frostmourne to him. This one was not on his side. That much he could see. But perhaps he would have the chance to draw him and others closer. He had done it before. He would again.

Turning away, he continued walking northwards, taking little interest in his surroundings. If there was power to be gained there, then he would do so. And before anyone had a chance to stop him this time.

Draigathar
Wudeia and Chai-lyn followed the purple wolf as best they could though he was much faster even carrying ghostlings on his back. As they traveled they noticed others around them. There was a ghostling who seemed to keep to the trees and such as though he was hiding. Always the more out going of the two, Wudeia went up to him...Pardon us, you are going the direction the light went yes? Would it be ok if we stayed close to you? The wolf moves too quickly for us and we do not wish to get lost or left behind. We are hoping to be of some help and maybe regain some memory of what we were like before. My name is Wudeia and this is my friend Chai-lyn.

Chai-lyn could not believe how bold Wu was in going up to the ghostling but as always she followed her friend trusting that she would be safe. H..h...hello she stuttered at the ghostling Wu had addressed. I apologize if Wu was too forward but we would appreciate your guidance or at least company for a time. We will try to stay out of your way and not cause you too much trouble...

Eftemie
Touma paused when he heard the voices. Glancing over at the two ghostlings, he inclined his head slightly in acceptance. "It is very nice to meet you. My name is Touma. I'm not sure where we are going exactly but I want to see what happened. Just keep up."

He gazed in the direction ahead of them, noting the difference in terrain. "Grasslands ahead of us until we reach the forest. That does not give much cover but I imagine we will be alright. I do not mind the company at all."

The grasslands stretched out in front of them, the tips rustling against one another. A faint breeze drifted through, warm and exotic with the fragrance of flowers blooming nearby. Touma smiled as he turned back to them.

"Keep close." Then he was moving forwards at an easy pace towards the north but it was on his mind to wonder what they would find.

Talencia
Jenga bounded easily beside the multi-tailed wolf, casting him sidelong glances. Irrationally she was exceedingly irked to not be treated as anything special. To her mind, he should have sat up and noticed her presence! He should have treated her with respect! Instead, she was the same to him as any of these other hangers-on. She flicked her ears backwards as two of them fell behind. Her whiskers twitched, then tingled. Distracted from her irritation at her quarry, she took in the scene around them.

Moonlight flooded the grassland, turning it to a silvery sea, waving in the brisk cool breeze. She lifted her chin as she ran, scenting the wind with deep, steady breaths. Scents of water, plants, and living things tantalized her, tempting her to stray away and come explore. The quick thud of paws reminded her though of her purpose. While the one she followed was looking for the light source, she was seeking the niggling memory his shapeshifting had tickled. It was a maddening sensation, like catching sight of movement from the corner of your eye, but seeing nothing when you turn to look. She bared her small fangs and chuffed frustration as she ran. Mystery. That's what drew her to him. He had that aura of mystery, and she found it irresistable. Only time would tell if her interest would wane or intensify. For now, she had to make do with merely travelling beside him, matching him stride for stride.

Draigathar
Thank you!Chai-lyn said and they began to follow Touma out on to the grassland. As Touma did not keep a hard pace the girls kept up with him easily enough. Oh my! Chai exclaimed as her lantern broke and she began to shift. She began to glow and her arms and legs got longer. When the glow had subsided she noticed that some fin type things had appeared. Um, T-T-Touma, if it would not be t-too much t-t-trouble, could we stop if we find some water? I find myself really craving a LOT of it all of a sudden.

What did you do??!!?? Wudeia exclaimed as Chai began to glow. When the glow was gone she noticed a big change in her friend. You lost your lantern!!! she said as she began to look for it, forgetting for a moment that she was supposed to be staying close to Touma.

I think I am ok Wu. I have just changed a little that is all. I no longer need the lantern to feel safe and find my way. I am sure that you will fell the same soon. Come back so we can catch back up to Touma Chai said to comfort Wu, not entirely sure that she was alright but not wanting to alarm her friend. They hurried back so that the nice ghostling would not have to wait on them, not sure he even noticed they had stopped. Touma, what do you think we will find when we get to where the light went? Chai asked when she and Wu had caught back up to him.

Cinderfae
Fosull hung on tightly to her father's coat, glancing back over her shoulder she noticed those that fell behind. Either they'd find their way or they'd get lost not really of consequence to her. Glancing over sidelong at Jenga a slight smile of amusement came over her face, the cat girl seemed rather determined and considering her ancestry it was hard not to throw a kink or something toward Jenga.

Tilting her head upwards a slight smile came to her face as the sky opened up and the silvery moonlight fell upon their path.

Loa had started on her way sometime ago, with the skull of Vincent resting against her side held loosely in her arm she continued on. From behind her she could hear the sound of others approaching. "Perhaps it shall be a party..." Glancing back only briefly Loa kept on, she levitated about a foot above the ground not bothering to find her way over the busy terrain in the night.

Eftemie
Valkon's eyes turned to Jenga for but an instant. It was easy to tell she was annoyed with him. His lips curled slightly in amusement. The plains were easy to get through, simply grasses and a few small rolling mounds to go over. He barely noticed them, but it was a beautiful night out and he did appreciate the whispers of the darkness itself. He was not entirely certain how many were with him. Waiting was not within him, but he knew two of his children were as well as Zion. That was as it should be and he never stopped as he loped further and further from the town.

Valkon did not know much of this area. The forest was ahead and drawing nearer and nearer. He knew that darker things lived there. Some might attempt to stop them while others would run and hide- afraid of them. But he had no doubt that they would make it through. Only what he sensed ahead of them. It would not take long to reach the trees and then the area beyond should hold what they were looking for.

He nearly howled when he saw her. It was Loa and she was only slightly ahead of her. It did not take long to catch up to her. A sideways glance at her and Valkon was suddenly certain that she was going where they were. With a smirk, he simply continued past her and on towards the north where he knew it was.

Hawke clung tightly to his father. "So, Zion, how did you meet my dad?" There was little else to do other than hold on, so they might as well talk amongst themselves. If nothing else it would help them to see what was pulling them all together.

He could feel Fosull nearby and glanced at her a moment. His eyes narrowed slightly. She was thinking up things to do. Probably some mischief on someone. His lips twitched. Maybe he'd help her. But later when they knew what was going on.

Touma blinked in surprise and then laughed. "You are alright. You just grew. That's all. Some of us do and some do not. Tai did not or so he told me, but he's a different type I think. I'm not entirely certain. As for water... I think there is a stream nearby. It leads into the woods where we are headed anyhow. We will get some there."

"And I'm not sure. But I'm sure that purple entity was at the root of it. Or at least involved. I'm certain he is up to no good." His eyes narrowed slightly as he continued the pace. "I will figure it out."

Draigathar
Much comforted by Touma's words Chai began again on their journey though now she noted that Wu looked at her funny from time to time. Wu, what is wrong? Why do you keep looking at me so funny?? Chai asked her friend.

I was just wondering what you felt like. It seems odd to me that you are bigger now. I do not mind if I stay small with my lantern for a long time. I am still so unsure what is going on. My past, if you want to call it that, is still so blurry. Do you remember anything new???Wu replied to her friend. She was actually rather worried that Chai would not want her around anymore since she was still small and she didn't know what she would do without her friend.

You heard Touma it is a natural thing that happend. Though it did catch me rather by surprise. After saying this they followed Touma in silence for a bit. Chai kept watch for the stream he had promised. She was feeling very dry and had an uncomfortable feeling in her middle. The more she thought about it the more familiar it became. I think I am hungry. At least that is what the feeling in my middle reminds me of. I seem to remember feeling this way....before..... Shrugging as though she had been talking to herself more than to anyone in particular she moved forward following the others toward the woods and the water.

Touma, you said you think the purple entity is up to no good. Are you speaking about the wolf up there? We have not met him but he is such a nice color...not that it means anything to be a nice color .

Talencia
Well, there was no help for it. She gritted her teeth together and sternly got ahold of herself. Now really wasn't the time to garner the attention of others, after all. Something was happening which required all the attention. She had to admit, her own curiousity was rising, though it lacked the sense of urgency the shifter clearly felt. Even so, perhaps she might be of some help once they got wherever they were going. Dismissing the msyterious shapeshifter from ther concerns, she focused only on following his lead. The forest loomed near, so she moved closer to the purple one. No sense in risking losing him, now that she needn't remain hidden any longer.

GunSniper
Zion had remained silent through the start of the travels. He wanted to meet this Clock maker, but part of him was fearful of it. There was a feeling of -need-. Something that Zion had never felt before. The Wolf man seemed to think highly of this individual, and the wolf man did seem like he knew what he was doing. Perhaps there wasn't anything to worry about.

He looked at Fossul briefly. He was young like him... Maybe all his questions will be answered when the meet the Clock maker.
"Uh, He just walked up to me. Becasue I had a clock he wanted... He said I looked like someone. Odd way to meet someone..." He paused. "What's a 'dad'?"

Eftemie
Unknown to him, and the rest, something awaited Valkon and the ghostlings in his charge. They ran through the forest towards the waterfall as quickly as they could. It pushed at Valkon that Chronos and Azmodeus waited. Mostly Chronos. But then even as that thought shoved him, a second gleamed. He was loyal to Azmodeus. Yes, he wanted his way and chance to do things, but Az was not all bad since he had in truth saved many of them. Watcher had annoyed him with the things said. Strings were tied and looped around everyone, but there was still a way to stop it. Tangling worked very well so long as one did not make the noose tighter.

Valkon had learned alot from Azmodeus and the others during his time in the dark. He knew what he wanted and would do whatever it took to accomplish that. It was his point of view that mattered. To him. Az would leave him to do as he wished so long as he did not interfer and helped from time to time. Such was a small price to pay for what he had. Very small.

His feet stopped suddenly, pacing a bit as he stared at the rise of the waterfall before him. They would have to go around. He thought of drifting upwards to get to the top but noticed the small rise at the side that looked like stacked steps until they reached the top. The kids would like the thrill he decided after slyly glancing towards where they sat on his back. A sudden smirk appeared as he moved towards it. The blue one would follow or not.

Jumping from platform to platform, Valkon made his way upwards to the very top. Once or twice he barely managed to remain standing as the higher he went the smaller the spaces became as much for landing as jumping to the next. As he reached the top, the entity glanced back down at the bottom. It was a long way down and he could tell that they were clinging tightly to him.

With a grin, he turned towards the north again, having marked the direction. He just knew where to go and it was the oddest sensation of familiarity that he had never been in this region before. For a short time, he ran forwards when suddenly he stopped, the ground seeming soft.

Too soft.

He blinked as the ground entirely crumbled beneath him. Then an even more surprised expression crossed his face. He could not float. They were all falling. Curling his tails about the younger ones knowing it was the only softness he could provide, Valkon glanced over at Jenga. She likewise had no floor under her feet.

Touma stopped to one side. He could still see the other ghostlings, the purple one included, as they hesitated at the opposite side. He glanced over to see a small hill rising upwards in a small curve to the top.

"We can get up that way I think. They are going up the other side, and I don't think they know we are here. Not yet anyhow."

Working his way up the hill, Touma stopped at the top to look around. It was beautiful from the top, the starry sky overhead. He smiled for a moment, then suddenly the ground began to tremble and collapse beneath them.

"Can't float! Hang on! This is gonna hurt!" he reached out for the other two. Then the ground was simply gone and they all fell into the darkness.

The darkness loomed beneath the group threatening to swallow them whole. But as the bottom came closer and closer, a bit of light gleamed. The pale blue of the moss shined in the darkness, casting a soft luminescence over everything. One would think that the open hole overhead would allow for more light to enter. Instead it seemed to be absorbed by the plants and things at the bottom.

Strange things of the same color only brighter wiggled to the sides as if disturbed by the intrusion, an odd squeaking sound in the air. An weird layering of crystals covered the walls and floors, reflecting the small amount of light cast though it seemingly had no pattern to it. The floors and walls all glowed the same pale blue, but there was so little light that the color and spots of luminescence were all the more bright.

The only intrusion to this dark world now lay in a pile on the floor in the center of the space. The darkness and its inhabitants did not take this lightly but began moving around. A line of light began spiraling upwards from the bases of the moss and glowing mushrooms to the upper walls, crawling over the bits of crystal as if they were indeed familiar with each sharp edge.

The wriggling increased on the sides of the walls as more and more appeared. As many as thirty poured out of a rather large rotted mushroom that had lost its glow long ago. They peered upwards, climbing the crystal walls until they were nearly eye to eye with the intruders. Their small antennae wiggled as much as their bodies did. Small hair-like appendages carried them along caterpillar like. But the oddest thing about them was, they had no eyes at all, but stared sightlessly at those before them. Who were these creatures that had intruded upon them, carelessly falling down into their home? What will they or you do?

((OOC... Congratulations. You have all now been trapped in the tunnel. Mwhahahaaahaha!!! The two groups are still separate for now. The reactions and things around them would be the same in both places.

The moss and mushrooms are scattered everywhere, and blocks the ability to go through things or to float upwards to the hole they all fell into. The layer of crystal lining the tunnel prevents the same. You have two choices... to go forwards or to simply sit there and hope someone eventually hears you yelling from the bottom. Remember this is an adventure and a chance to interact with some odd things as the story continues. ))

Cinderfae
Fosull had turned some to look over at Zion considering how to answer his question, she cut off with a chuckle as Valkon started to leap from one area to the next. Once they paused she continued again, "well a da-" once again the ghostling cut off as they started to fall, her eyes wide she hugged the bag of dead things as they fell.

THUD! She hit, her father's tail helped some with the fall but she was saved from the worst of it by her bag of dead bodies. Although someway decayed the fox proved to be a good cushion.

Grumbling some Fosull pulled herself upright before glancing over to the others. Her eyes caught movement on the wall which she watched for a moment before letting her attention wavier.

"Everyone here?" Picking her bag up Fosull slung the bag with the bodies over her shoulder.

GunSniper
"A-" Zion's eyes widened as he suddenly wished that he invented something to fly with a while ago. It felt as if an anchor was tied to his feet and he was unable to just float away. The glow stick he so dearly held in his fist was quickly released to drop to the abyss below just before Valkon wrapped his body around the young ones.

Zion held tight to the wolf's fur as the plummeted to the ground. Part of him figured this was kind of fun, and the other part was terrified because this had never happened before.

Draigathar
Chai and Wu were following Touma and enjoying the scenery. The sky was beautiful with all its stars and the sound of the waterfall had Chai's mouth watering.That water sounds like there might be yummy things there.... was all that she was able to get out before Touma grabbed at them and they fell.

OUCH!!Wudeia yelped. That was a long fall, are you ok Chai?? Touma?? Once she was upright again Wu began to look around. All around them were these mushroom like things with bugs coming out of them and climbing the walls.

Wu are you ok? is your lantern safe? Chai asked as she got up and tried to get her bearings. She wanted to just float back up but she could not and this disturbed her. Touma? Why can't we float?? What is this place? Are you ok?? All the questions tumbled out of her mouth while she looked around and saw all the odd things around them. Pulling Wu closer to herself while moving closer to Touma she began to wonder if they were going to be safe and what was going to happen now....

Eftemie

Arthas moved through the grasses of the plains quickly. He barely noticed the rustling of the stalks or the insects that scattered around him. He moved, his objective northwards. Whatever that light had been, it carried power. Power he wanted to reach and possibly claim fo rhis own. His desires for such were no less now than they had been when living. Different world. Same choices.

As he passed into the woods, the ghostling paused at the edge. He could hear others moving ahead of him. Ghostlings that were perhaps traveling his way. No matter. He would and could deal with them when he got there. Arthas was so sure of himself that he doubted they would present any sort of challenge.

He hurried towards the waterfall, plotting the entire time.

Touma shifted his weight, looking at the others before he got to his feet. "Yes. I'm alright. Not sure exactly where this goes though." He glanced down the tunnel. "I cannot float either."

Looking over the curious worms, he reached out to touch one. It wiggled making the squeaking sound again, crawling onto his palm, lighting up his face.

He laughed. "I think these worms are ghosts. Or at least part of one." Looking at the walls made of crystal, Touched tried to push his finger through. It would not go, causing him to frown in confusion. "I think this is what blocks us. We will have to find some way out since we cannot go up or through. These little guys are friendly enough it seems. We could use them for light."

(( OOC.. this is what the ghost worms look like. User Image
The squeaks are their communication. They do NOT speak, and to protect their tunnel, they look over the intruders and decide if there is a threat. The results of this are unknown yet. ))

Talencia
Cat-like, Jenga landed hard on her hind paws, crouched and ready. That is, until someone landed on her. She tumbled to the rocky floor, rolling to cushion and catch whomever had tumbled onto her. Her attention was distracted from the rescue, though, by coming whiskers-to-feelers with one of the glowbugs. Her pupils widened until her eyes were nearly totally black, and for a moment it seemed as if her tail might actually fluff out in startlement.

With a yowl she scrambled up onto her feet, peering down at the little wormy that was so much smaller than herself. Her sensibilities returned swiftly, and her tail remained its normal size. Ears swiveling in interest, she hunkered back down to whiskers-to-feelers level with it, nose quivering. With one slender hand, she reached to poke the rather inane looking little thing gently. Honestly, she wanted to see if it was as wiggly and soft as it appeared. It almost looked like something she could squish into a new form if she so chose, though upon touching it, that idea rather fled her mind. It seemed unlikely that a creature would care for being reformed in such an uncouth manner.

Draigathar
Trusting that Touma would not get them injured on purpose Wudeia and Chai began to reach for a worm to use for light when Wudeia began to shift What the?!?! she exclaimed as her lantern broke. She began to glow just a little, her hair grew, her arms grew but then unlike Chai she did not grow legs but a TAIL!! OH! My tail it is so, so......beautiful!!! she said while she slithered excitedly not bothered a bit that she couldn't float at the moment.

You are very bright now Wu! And I am glad to see that you chose to grow!! Chai said encouragingly. Now don't forget to GENTLY get a worm so we can follow Touma. Once they both had a worm, who as Touma said seemed friendly enough they began to move forward a bit....not getting too far from him but beginning to get more eager about their adventure.

Eftemie
Arthas moved, skirting the edge of the rather large hole he found in front of himself. Vague voices rose upwards to him and a smirk settled across his face. They had fallen in which gave him the opportunity to get ahead of the group he had seen from a distance. Helping them was the last thing that would have occurred to him.

Stepping back, the ghostling moved along the edge until he felt the ground was solid enough. Then he began moving northwards again. He came out of the trees noting a small open space ahead. For an instant, Arthas hesitated focusing on the things around him before stepping forwards.

The ground suddenly crumbled beneath his feet. Attempting to prevent himself falling, the ghostling tried to shove his blade into the side to prevent falling. The soil collapsed as soon as the weapon touched it and Arthas found himself falling intot he depths below and his eyes narrowed in annoyance.

The fall was not too bad. His father's tail cushioned most of the landing. Rolling to his feet, Hawke glanced around at the walls. Strange shadows were everywhere and a slight grin crossed his expression. He liked this place.

"I'm fine, Dad." he stated moving forwards to stare at the worms. Reaching out he held his finger in front of one's face. Its tentacles seemed to stretch slightly as they then wrapped around the appendage. "It's almost like its measuring my finger." He grinned as it crawled into his hand and traveled up his arm.

"It tickles." he giggled as it climbed higher. Hawke suddenly gasped as he watched it. "It has no eyes and it's changing colors. It looks more like me." He tried to coax another to see if it too would change, but they all refused as the first settled onto his shoulder. "Hm... the others won't let me touch them."

"Strange... " Hawke shrugged, petting the one he had. Corviy and his dad's crows dropped down into the darkness, Clipper landing beside the worm on Valkon's shoulder. The rest landed on the ground but stared into the darkness ahead. They were unaccustomed to such. Corviy gave a nervous shuffle as Hawke coaxed him onto his arm.

Touma frowned but then laughed softly. "I knew you would when you were ready." He watched the other two ghostlings. The worms were changing color. At least the ones they held. "We will most likely remain this way for awhile. That purple one is the only one I've seen that is larger than this."

He turned to stare upwards a few moments. Thankfully he had left Priscilla and Ember in the attic where it was safe. He would not have wanted to risk their safety in this dark place. And Priscilla liked to remain clean and unmussed anyhow.

His gaze was caught by the worms as he turned to face the only way forwards. It changed to match him more. Now it was greens and pale grey. He smiled slightly as it crawled up his sleeve more. "I suppose I should pick a name for it, but I don't really suppose it matters yet."

Turning to watch the movement on the walls by the other worms, Touma said, I wonder if they can show us the way out. Too much to hope for I guess."

(( OOC.... You should each now have a worm of your own. Enjoy. Here is some basic information about the worms. You will not automatically know this but need to figure it out in some way by observing their actions. Remember all other ghostworms will look as the first image and be all blue. The cavern and tunnels will all glow this blue though the bonded alphas will be different.

They have no visible eyes, but are able to sense the things around them based on the energy they give off because it is different than the crystal energy around them.

They do NOT speak. Ever. Their language is a series of high pitched squeaks that noone can understand, with the exception of two ghostlings who can possibly figure such out.

To protect themselves, their homes, and each other, they look over intruders, assess the threat, and react. To do this, only the alpha worms are able to call all those within a ten foot radius around them to merge together to form a much larger worm. This huge worm will squeak much louder which is painful to those who can hear and it causes fear for 15 seconds sometimes even causing the enemy to turn and run.

To show a bond to a ghostling, the alpha worms will change slightly in color. ONLY the alphas can bond and only ONE will bond to a ghostling.

They are neither male nor female, but began as bits of discarded ghostling essence to small and inert to do much with.

They are immune to the crystal in the tunnel from being around it who knows how long.

There will be more details but they are for later so as not to spoil the rest of the plot. Take good care of your worm. No others will have them unless there is a specific reason for such. Enjoy and take good care of them. ))

Zion
Wudeia
Valkon
Jenga
Hawke
Chai-Lyn
Fosull
Arthas
Touma

Draigathar
Agreeing that the worms seemed nice enough and noticing a color change in theirs as well the girls began to explore the crystals along their path as they moved along with Touma. Do we want to try to catch up with the others or are we going to remain at a distance? Wu asked.

Would not more numbers be safer in a place such as this? We have no way of knowing what lies ahead nor how long these worms will be able to guide us...if that is what they are doing Chai chimed in.

GunSniper
Zion shook his head as if to shake off the impact of the fall. He was very greatfull of Valkon for saving their lives... If the clock maker knew him, and he thought so good of the clock maker, than the clockmaker -had- to be good.

The fea moved along side of Hawke to inspect the glowing creatures. His eyes widened with delight as he looked at them.

One in particular caught his eye. The colors it had, it was amazing! And even more so when Zion let it crawl to his own finger. PURPLE! The incredible thing turned his favorite color! Zion laughed as he turned to Hawke.

"Look! Look, mine is different!" He chuckled and inspected the one crawling over Hawke.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:43 am
User Image
To The Light Pt. 2
WIP/Date
Written by:
User Image

Eftemie
Hawke laughed. "Yes, and each one is different. That purplie one looks almost like your glowstick, Zion." He grinned widely as his own worm crawled around as if inspecting him "They must be pretty smart to do something like this. I wonder why the others don't change too."

"You know.. when we find a place to live, we could study these guys and figure out why they are as they are. My dad's got lots of books at the castle and all sorts of information. The crows can bring some of that back to wherever we are." He liked Zion and he smirked. "It could be fun and something to play pranks with if we can figure out why they glow so bright. Could use it for all sorts of things."

"It would be safer with more of us, but until we find them, we don't have that option." Touma shook his head. "Until we do, we have to just follow the worms. I think though.. it might be safer to watch from a distance until we find a way out. Unless we run into something we cannot handle. These tunnels have to come out somewhere. They obviously did not drop down the same hole we did, but.." there was the faint echo of voices but it sounded almost like it was coming from behind the wall of crystal. "but I hope that there is a way out."

Valkon laughed as he watched the kids and their ghostly worms. Glancing at his crows he signaled that they fly a bit ahead. All took off except Clipper who moved to Valkon's shoulder. He smiled, stroking the feathers a moment.

Glancing at the worms as they moved down the tunnel, lighting up the darkness, Valkon said, "Let's go. We need to find a way out of here. Stay close, everyone."

With a twitch of his tails, the yokai began moving down the tunnel following the light of the worms. He was not sure where they would come out, but he was quite sure that if he continued the direction they were going eventually they would find something.

Arthas landed with a loud thud. For a moment he sat still in frustration. This was not going at all as he had planned. Noting the worms nearby, he shook his head as he got to his feet. Briefly he wondered if they would be useful and reached his hand outwards to touch one. It clung to him, changing color. He would have brushed it off but then he noticed that it actually seemed to want to help him find his way out. A few squeaks from it and the others began to line up down the sides of the tunnel.

He attempted to float but it did not work. Any use of his sword proved worthless too. In disgust Arthas began moving down the tunnel. He would find a way out. He feared nothing in the dark. He was everything that it should fear.

User Image

The groups continued down their individual tunnels, at times running into other insects, large enough they had to be dealt with. But eventually even though tired, they made their way to a place where the air felt fresher. None knew how long it had been since they had fallen into this place. None knew it was called Hell's Throat for a reason. More often than not, those who became lost in here, found no way out. Their bones and belongings were scattered, rusting or had decayed to dust long ago.

The mushrooms glowed as all entered the large cavern. Water dripped and flowed in the underground river and from the ceiling, casting moisture around for the few plants that thrived in such a dark and damp place. Everything here glowed with a luminescence that was far brighter than the tunnels had been. The worms had receded except for those who had changed colors. They remained, now a permanent part of the ghostlings' lives. The sounds that echoed through the space contained the buzzings and chirps of the things alive there as well as the soft whisper of the waterdroplets that fell.

The center of the cavern was filled with a fairyland of wonder as the ancient temple loomed before them. It was oddly shaped but two large bronze doors hung crookedly to the sides as if tossed aside by some giant ogre playing with a toy. Above the doors carved in stone was a large feline face. It leaped forwards as if trying to devour any who entered or perhaps beckoning them inwards. Bones and remnants of armor, broken jars, and crumbling rock lay scattered as if those who built had left in quite a hurry.

A bridge crossed the river in places and the ghostlings all gazed around them in awe at the wonders in their sight. What will you find here? Will you go into the ancient temple and face the mystery surrounding the place? Will you choose to ignore it and move towards one of the three openings to find a way out? Will you join with others? It is up to you what happens...

(( OOC.... There are three openings, A, B, C. The temple is open for exploration. This is only HALF the map. No spoilers allowed. hehe React as you see fit in the tunnels and to the cavern before you.))

Cinderfae
Azshara headed toward the light taking a water route, she kept close enough to the shore that the little ghostling that had found it's way to her would be able to travel in haste as well. Soon the two found themselves moving away from the lights and sounds of the city, rolling hills and open countryside laid before them.

"Lets keep on this way, it looks as if the river leads to where the light landed," Azshara didn't bother to pause knowing Gossa would follow along with her. They hadn't been traveling all that much longer when the river split, one leading to a pool beneath a waterfall while the other meandered off away on it's own.

For a time the oversoul considered which way to continue when lights from beneath the fall caught her attention, frowning some Azshara moved forward. "There seems to be something this way...do you see the lights?"

-------------

The others had not caught up with her as she assumed they would, turning Loa looked back to where she had seen Valkon in the distance with their children and random others.

"Well Vincent, lets see what the others have found." Loa might have left Valkon on his own but if there were troubles her children were involved as well, and well others might not believe it Loa did have maternal instincts, they just had to do with making bloody messes out of anything that threatened her young.

Heading back Loa noted the sound of water nearby she stepps over to explore the sound only to find that the ground was crumbling beneath her feet, "hold on Vincent..." gripping her skull so it would be mostly protected with the fall she tumbled down controlling the fall with a touch of power. Landing Loa's gaze went over the cave structure, "it seems I will need to locate the others..."

Draigathar
Deciding that Touma was probably correct (he had kept them safe thus far) they continued to follow him and play with their worms. As they came to what was apparently the center of the cavern Wu marveled at the large structure in front of them. Oh, Touma, Chai, look at it!! Just look at it!! I wonder what is inside? Wu exclaimed excitedly.

Now Wu, we need to be careful. There is no telling what is inside there! That carving above the....doors?....if that is truly what they are, they don't seem to be in the right place.....that carving is just, well SCARY!! Chai said as she too looked in wonder at everything around them.
Being a little more farsighted than Wu seemed to be at the moment Chai noticed the openings along the wall surrounding the structure. Touma, do you see those other tunnels? The ones on the other side of the structure? I wonder where they lead?? Maybe it would be prudent to go down one of them as we are trying to get out of here. Besides something about that structure just doesn't feel right to me.Chai commented to Touma in hopes of pulling Wu away from the structure and towards one of the openings...she really did want to get out of this place...it sent chills up her spine....

Eftemie
Valkon stopped at the top of the opening, glancing at the cavern before him. His eyes studied the place in a practiced way as if he had been there before. He had not, but he was intrigued and the gleam of interest sparkled in the gaze he gave the temple and area.

"I'm going inside." he smirked. "You can remain outside if you want or come in with me. I'll worry about a way out after I look around in there."

Swiftly he moved towards the doorway, gazing upwards at the feline carving the entire time. It was almost as if he could hear someone or something whispering to him. A feeling of being on the edge of his seat just when something rare was going to happen slipped down over him. It brought out a need in him that made him rather single-minded in purpose. Something awaited for him and he planned to find out what it was.

"Just be careful." he murmurred softly as he vanished beneath the door and into the dark opening. The worms moved inside as he did causing a scurrying of sound from other sources. Some things did not take well to their darkness being disturbed.

Valkon barely glanced at them as he continued going from room to room. The first room was large, spacious and perhaps once used as an audience room. Briefly he imagined various priests and people standing around praying or waiting to be heard by whatever king had once been here. His gaze took in the things lying about in the rubble, but nothing seemed to interest him. Moving towards the next door, the ghostling continued looking about.

Skeletons lay here and there, disjointed and incomplete. Marks of being chewed upon as well as simply decaying as time passed were upon them. He reached down to touch one only to have it crumble in his grasp. With a sigh, he dusted his hands off as he moved towards the next doorway. Perhaps some of the things in the other rooms would interest Hawke or even Fosull, but they held none for him. He had seen enough bones to know that most of those around him were nothing he was interested in. They were human. And not his.

As he stepped into the central room, Valkon looked about. The room itself was circular, a dais in the center. Rubble and broken pillars lay scattered about as if there had been a great battle here. An epic battle he decided as he looked around at the inside of the temple so smashed and in disarray. His foot scuffed against the broken pottery moving it out of place. The mark in the dust revealed such as he stirred up the air with the twitching of his tails.

It was then he saw the massive pile of bones in the center of the stone dais. A crumbling portion of throne lay sprawled backwards as if this royalty whomever he was had been attacked while sitting. A thought of betrayal slipped across Valkon as he approached it. For a moment he stared as if something were calling to him. For a moment it was all he could see. The great skull gazed back sightlessly at him, great dark holes for eyes drawing him in. The entity reached outwards, his hand wanting to touch whatever this was. He almost felt like he could see the betrayer, but it remained only a shadowy shape as his fingers glided across the bone gently.

A flash of dark power burst free, serpentine as it spiraled around his hand and up his arm. Valkon gasped as the enchantment rose upwards. A shiver ran through him as such power made itself known. What is this? A complete skeleton?! But of what? he managed to think before it held him still while reaching inside him to what it knew was there. Soon he was glowing entirely as the heated emotions of those bones touched him. The fierceness of a large predator slammed into him leaving him breathless as he tried to garner control over this influx of feeling. The death of the wolf at the hands of the hunters had been only a tickle in comparison to what he was beginning to understand now. Valkon was fully glowing now, lighting up the space afire with the magic he had been caught by.

Hawke glanced over at his father as he vanished inside. He looked back at Zion and the others. "I'm going in, Tai." he said as he shrugged. "Might find something good in there. You never know."

Moving forwards, he began to look around in one of the side rooms his father had bypassed. A crooked set of shelves stood haphazardly against the wall. Deciding to investigate it, he found a broken chest and would have simply pushed it aside to look at the other things there. Noting a faint gleam in the bottom, he shoved the dust away, causing himself to sneeze at its presence in the air.

"Achoo!" the echo resounded through the room and for a moment he blinked at the loudness in surprise. His hand caught on the metal, cold and smooth. His eyes focused on the shape of the bracelet, its dark violet and black gem gleaming in the reflection cast by the worms around him. An enchantment touched him as he studied the bit of jewelry and a faint smirk appeared on his face as he stood once more, the bangle in his hand. Slipping it on, he fixed the clasp tight. It was now his, but as he turned away, Hawke never noticed the shadows coming from the surface of the stone. He needed to find his father and there was nothing else of interest in the room for him.

Arthas walked quickly down the tunnel, noting that the worms on the wall were keeping pace with him. They could come in useful for this purpose he supposed as he thought about what he would find ahead. He needed a way out to get to his goal. For a brief moment he wondered if any of the others were here. Jaina and Kael'thas were two that he thought of before he shoved the idea of them away. He had better things to do than think of them. His bid had always been for power and to rule everything. And he still could, but first he needed to find his army of undead again. The fact that he was one did not even cross his mind as he moved forwards.

When he stepped into the larger cavern, the ghostling glanced over to see the violet yokai entering the building. This was not where they had all meant to go, but he could sense power within. Perhaps there was something useful for him there. Arthas silently calculated what he needed to do as he began moving forwards. Striding down the hallway from the side facing him, Arthas barely noted the feline shape above the door as he entered the darkness within. Indeed he had noted the other doors and the same image was displayed above them all.

It was then he saw him and scowled slightly. Magic surrounded the yokai as if he had been caught by some trap and yet as he watched, he saw the feline shape within the fell enchantment. A faint smirk curved his lips upwards. A fool to be caught so. Arthas simply watched.

Touma glanced towards the temple itself and then at the tunnels indicated. "It might be prudent to check this place out. If there is something there, we do not want it surprising us later." But then he understood that Chai was afraid. "Don't worry. I think the three of us can handle whatever comes our way. And I think our worm friends might help. They have been so far.

He glanced at the temple again and noted the garden courtyard just behind a couple broken archwayrs. "Instead of going in, let's see what is in that garden. Well, the remains of one anyhow. We might find a window where we can look inside. It would be a bit safer than going straight inside." It seemed a good compromise for them. And perhaps there would be something of interest in the glowing plants he could just see within the area.

Discordancy

[Afflict: Entering from the Festival.]

She poufed into being without meaning to, a flurry of fluff and dust settling into invisibility around her. For a moment, she thought that this time she had really done it; something big and inescapable and... bad. So bad. Afflict found herself in darkness and strange, glowing stones, with no idea in the least of where to go or what to do next. That was what people said happened if you did something bad, wasn't it? Darkness. And nothing fun about it.

But hey! This couldn't be that darkness. Not unless there were other people here who had done inescapable things, too. Looking closely at the walls around her - who knew what would pop out if she looked hard enough - the lithe little Usagi made her way towards echoing voices, farther down the unfamiliar tunnel.

Among the pile of bones, one stirred: this was where she had been brought. No light or anything nearly as nice; she had only woken right here, scattered in a pile of her bedfellows. Morrigan cast one watery eye over the temple.

There was a Yokai, here. Of all places one could be. And he had disturbed the figure on the throne; she had noticed it from afar. And beyond him... She squinted her eye, feeling the skin of her other eye's empty socket tighten reflexively, at the faint, ice-blue figure beyond the ensnared Entity. He felt... familiar. As familiar to her as those that she lie in now: as if he were as close to them as she was. The thought was thrilling, and more than enough reason for her to pull herself together and bother getting up.

Morrigan groped about the pile of bones, discovering her ribbon and an arm much better than the one currently on her shoulder. She attached both; then stood, staring across the room at the Entity and the blue man behind him. "Who are you?" she asked, pointing digit encompassing them both. Her voice was cracked and hollow from misuse.

Eftemie
Valkon was ensnared as he stared at the image before him and he barely heard the voice nearby. There was no reply from him. Not yet as he could not speak. He was feeling too much as the magic wrapped around both of them and he understood as the primal urges for revenge and retribution settled into him. Eyes almost feline watched him for a long moment, then it wrapped entirely around him, almost overwhelming and sinking him inside its thoughts. Then as if he had suddenly been found worthy, Valkon blinked gasping as it sank into him instead. For a long moment he continued to glow, dropping to his knees amidst the bones still there.

Then he changed, tails lashing as he became a large feline. A snarl ripped free of his jaws as his eyes flashed in fury and teeth gnashed in his jaws. He understood that this one had been betrayed by those he had loved. A large paw whipped outwards hitting the ground. The bones suddenly crumbled to dust as the feline snarled again.

At the sound of the voice asking him who he was, Valkon turned his eyes towards the ghostling. He could play with this one, but instead it might amuse him more to reply. Focusing, he released the shape of the feline he had become as the bones and spirit had been absorbed. Soon all that was left was a white powder that seemed to sink into the very earth disappearing within seconds. He had not expected such and he laughed as he reshaped into himself, but then he was not entirely himself as he had been. The yokai noted changes in himself. He was far larger than he had been and there was a power coursing through him such that he had never felt before. It was comparable to what Az had marked him with, but still, it was different.

A wicked laugh echoed through the hall. "Perhaps I should be asking you that." Valkon smirked. "Did you get trapped here like everyone else has?" He flexed his fingers. He felt so much stronger. So much.

Valkon was sure he had been waiting on him, sitting in that throne alone for centuries perhaps longer. The yokai could almost see the place as it had once been, the glowing gardens and burnished marble when it had all been new. He would come back to this place. Perhaps even live here.

(( OOC Valkon is now legend. I just could not resist doing it this way. Afterall it's not everyday one can find a dead demigod although he does not know he is one yet. ))

immortalmina
((If I do anything of this wrong please let me know. Thanks.))

Nebula

A small will-o-wisp had been born some time amidst all the commotion. She didn't really know where she was or what had been going on. She had found herself fallen down a hole and was trying to find her way. It wasn't easu for the young one as everything was new and confusing.

Before long Nebula found a river. She didn't have much time before she was pulled into it. This was not good, but the girl didn't know much better. The soft blue glow of her lantern guided her down the river.

spookyx7
Kai

Kai floated up and blinked his eyes. He wasn't sure what was going on or where he was. He floated around when he was distracted by a light blue glow. It was in the river. He floated over to it and was swept up and away with the light that he now saw belonged to a lantern with a whispling like him holding it.

Discordancy

Morrigan's eyes widened as her arm dropped, unable to stop the small tremor that ran through her; and angry for that. She could feel the bones rattling through her old arm as she shook.

"I am not trapped," Morrigan replied, insisting. "I awoke here, among my fellows." By fellows, the girl meant the bones, but the Yokai's question was interesting nonetheless. Had she been trapped here, with everyone else...? That feline looked familiar, as did the hum of power now echoed in him. But if she had been trapped here, why had she come back? What had made her alone of all her brethren, scattered over the cavern, wake up again?

She flexed her fingers as he did, trying to get used to the movement of muscle and bone. "Answer me." Morrigan rasped. "Who are you? Why did you destroy the cat's remains? There was... power, in the bones of the king. Old power. But it doesn't hum from him anymore, it hums from you. What have you done?" Her voice cracked on the last words, tumbling from her small jaws in a rush. Talking this much wasn't good for her so early on.

Eftemie
Valkon stared at the ghostling a moment. His lips twitched upwards as his tails swayed back and forth. He stared at her as she demanded he speak to her and then laughed. "Old power. Yes, I suppose that is what this is. As for disturbing his bones, he was waiting on me. And I have the power to change into a feline as he was now."

He glanced around the room again. "Perhaps I'll even move in here one day." It belonged to him now but he wanted to know what was with the light first. Turning to stare at her, he said, "If you want to come with us, then you can do so. My children and others are outside or perhaps inside looking around."

"He was betrayed, you know." Valkon said as he turned away. "He wants revenge on those who killed him, but it's not just that. He was alot like me. He loved the animals. I think that's why he gave this to me." What else could he think? The spirit had been there. He had felt it very clearly and it had not like what had happened, but it also felt all the other animals within Valkon and had accepted him to continue on. And he would. But his own way. "Come or stay. It matters not to me."

Hawke was just coming from the room to the side when he stared, jaw dropping open at his father. "Dad? What happened? You... wow... you got bigger."

Circling Valkon, the smaller ghostling grinned as he watched his father. He was as big as Az was. Incredible. But then the thought that one day he himself could be that big dropped over his thoughts. "Man.. if you are as big as Az, then that means that I can get as big! I can't wait!"

He balled his hand into a fist and swung it. But then he caught sight of the bracelet. "Oh, I found this too. Can I keep it?" Hawke grinned widely as Corviy bounced around on his shoulder trying to maintain his grip on the excited ghostling.

(( I'll be adding a portion of story plots tomorrow for everyone as soon as we all get together. Mina/Spooky, Might I suggest that you two meet up somewhere along the river and work your way into a tunnel before I post again. I'm trying to get everyone a bit closer together.))

immortalmina
Nebula looked around and saw another orb-ish thing floating around in the water near her. She wasn't sure what to say or do. However being dry sounded like a good idea in her young head.

The will-o-wisp waved her lantern at the other one before getting to the dry land. Once there she shook herself and looked around. It was dark and damp in there.

spookyx7
Kai followed the other whispling out of the water. He looked back at it, as even though it was a bit scary and wild, it was calling to him. Well, the darkness did anyway.

He floated toward the lighter blue light and then noticed even more darkness. Tunnels? He wanted to know more and floated in front of the other whispling. He looked at her and wondered if she would follow.

Discordancy

The undead stared back at the larger spirit, watching his laughter with a frown on her face. She had to admit... He had taken a feline from, right before she had called out to him. He had obviously tampered with the bones, without any harm coming to him. And he did look different, even feel different, than he had when he'd first arrived. Morrigan made a grating, resigned sound somewhere along her throat.

To heck with it. "I will come with you." The ghostling ran a hand over the remains she'd woken beside, bidding them a silent farewell. Her first steps were shaky, but carried her well enough toward the Legend's receding back. "And, I know. Are you going to get his revenge for him?" She was a little more than fond of the subject: Morrigan had been able to smell his desire for revenge, lying as thick over his bones as that power. That, if nothing else, was a reason to follow him. Retribution - how sweet a concept, especially when it was richly deserved. Besides, if he planned to move into the old king's place, someone would have to be there to make sure all of these good bones weren't put to waste.

Afflict pressed on, bunny's ears flopping atop her head as she skipped along the tunnel. All these lights about her, moving and wriggling about; they were creepy, so creepy! And that made them beautiful to the strange Yokai, enough to make her want to skip. So of course, skip she did. Her mood whas made even better by the fact that the voices were getting closer with every single step~ So that even if she was in that darkness, at least she'd be able to wander comfortably knowing that others had done bad, bad things too.

The ghostling turned a corner, not seeing any reason to stop at first. Then she blinked, stopping entirely to look at a side-tunnel to her right, where the pretty little creepy lights - were moving. Two of them, both a bluish sort of color, and both bobbing up and down... Afflict squinted at them before skipping over. They were younglings, just whisplings with their lanterns and shades!

"Hey. Hey, you two! Come here, that river's going to sweep you away~" They couldn't have done anything bad-so-bad. Right?

immortalmina
Nebula followed Kai when she heard the voice. She looked to where it came from and began to float to it. She liked being near others. Something about their energy or something called to her. And anyway it would be nice to maybe find someone who knew what was going on.

Nebula didn't go too fast as she didn't want to leave Kai behind. She found herself soon to the one who had called to them. Now what? She wondered.

spookyx7
((Can whisplings talk? *couldn't find info about it*))

Kai heard the voice as well, which distracted him from the darkness of the tunnels. The other blue whispling floated toward the voice and even though he really wanted to go to the the darkness, he followed the voice also. Maybe the voice could help them figure out what to do.

Eftemie
Valkon nodded as he moved towards the doorway. "If you found it, then most likely it was meant for you, Hawke." His tails twitched as he stalked from the inside and back to where he had left Fosull and Zion. Hopefully they would all find some treasure here that fit each one of them. His eyes glanced at the one on Hawke's wrist again. It seemed to be shining with shadows.

Shining with shadows. He suddenly laughed. That was sort of an oxymoron. Shadows did not shine but they could be said to for those who liked the dark. A beacon of darkness calling to other evil creatures. Either way, it fit his son and he wondered what would come of the bracelet and the younger ghostling.

His eyes scanned the edges of the cavern for a moment. It was lit enough here that he could see several entrances, but which direction did they go? Thinking back over the direction of the tunnel, Valkon suddenly knew which one he was taking. But he would wait on the others to decide what they wanted to do.

Hawke grinned widely polishing the stone against himself after his father said he could keep it. He glanced over at the undead creature nearby. "My name is Hawke. That's my dad, Valkon. What's your name?" he asked as he watched Morrigan closely. "My sister Fosull and friend Zion are over there. Are you coming with us? If so, you better keep up, Dad don't wait for noone."

Touma glanced over at Chai and Wudeia, then back to the area that he wanted to see. When he got there, he peeked inside the window. His eyes narrowed when he saw Valkon pull the spirit of those bones into himself in some way. But he stared in surprise at how large the entity had gotten. What was he now? For a moment he had become a large dark feline very similar to the one on the building itself. He listened quietly as Valkon spoke to the others around him. One the smaller that had been with him and the new undead one that he had disturbed with his actions. He could just make out what was being said.

Turning to the other two, he said, "Chai, Wudeia, look around and see if you find anything you would like to keep, but I think we are going to follow them." He glanced over to see a pile of bottles and jars in one corner. Inspecting them himself, he caught a sudden glint of red. Pulling it out, Touma wiped the dirt from it.

The round stone was carved with an intricate design in the center. It depicted blades and a mask not unlike his kitsune one though much cruder. For a brief moment he thought about tossing it back to the ground, but instead stuck it into his belt. It was important for some reason and he just felt he should keep it. Turning back to the other two with him, he wondered if they had found anything of value.

Arthas shook his head when he understood that the yokai had just become far more powerful. Perhaps not such a fool as first thought. He stared thoughtfully as the feline the entity had become disappeared and the yokai had grown in size and attitude. His eyes gleamed darkly and Arthas' own gaze narrowed in calculation. Perhaps an ally one should have.

Following the undead, the yokai, and the smaller ghostling, the former lich king wondered what he should do. He stared at Frostmourne silently. It was powerful back in Azeroth, but apparently not here. At least not yet.

It was then he was caught by a sudden frosty blue gleam and moved towards the throne where the yokai had been caught. A pendant lay on the floor beside it, a pale blue stone set in silver. His lips twitched upwards. There was power there and he picked the jewelry up, placing it inside his armor for now. Later he would inspect it and see what it was.

The worms move around the two that came from the river, as if to direct them to the other groups. One crawls up Nebula's boot, changing colors as it creeps higher and higher. Soon it matches closely to her.

A second worm wriggles its way over to Kai, touching the wisplike tentacles. In only a moment it matches, squeaking its acceptance to him. Its intent is harmless but it has chosen the esprit as its own.

A third worm drops from the ceiling to grab onto ears like a bunny's. Turning shades of gray and pink, it wriggles forwards to stare sightlessly into Afflict's face. Will it be accepted?

In the distance could be heard the faint whispers of movement, but nothing as yet is seen. A sense of urgency sweeps through the worms as those still blue move quickly squeaking towards the temple where the others are. Trails of ghostly blue lights, each one a worm, quickly wriggle across the cavern to find safety. Yet nothing is seen that has caused this panic.

With all the worms heading to the temple and where Valkon stands on the steps under the doorway, will you run for the safety like your little friends or will you face whatever is coming alone? Either way, a choice must be made and consequences of that choice dealt with.

(( OOC... links below should cover the rest of the worms. Same abilities as the others. If you are planning to find something here in these ruins that your ghostling can use later, I suggest you do so because once the group moves out of the area, you may or may not be able to reenter it. It's like a one time chance for a perk. ))

Loa
Nebula
Kai
Azshara
Afflict
Morrigan
Gossamer

immortalmina
Nebula looked down horrified by the cold slimy thing crawling up her leg. The girl nearly let out a scream, but didn't as she saw it was only a worm...a glowing worm that looked like her.

Nebula didn't like it down there in a tunnel. She looked to the new bunny eared girl. "Do you know the way out?" She asked her. The girl was starting to get uneasy, but she was glad that she was near two other Ghostlings. She could feel their energy, which helped. A single tear fell from her eye.

As the tear fell she saw it land on an object. Neb floated down and picked up what looked like a light blue ribbon. Odd, but not as odd as the worm taking off and headed somewhere. "Hey, where are you going? Out, I hope. Let's go." Nebula said as she put the ribbon away and began to follow the worm.

((A ribbon okay?))

Allie23
((Hrrrmm, I hope this is ok! biggrin ))

Yami sat upon the bank of the river tending to her long basilisk tail. It was something she was always preoccupied with - every scale had to be cleaned and shined daily. She was a tad bit obsessive with it.

So, there she was, when two wisplings floated down the river and quickly disappeared. The female blinked her black eyes slowly, bemused. She giggled quietly, "Well that was odd." Yami continued preening herself until her curiousity egged at her too much. 'Those little whisps never came back!' she thought. 'Perhaps they found something interesting down there..' Not wanting to be left out of something grand, Yami slowly slid off the rock she was perched upon and into the rushing water.

Immediately, she was sucked downwards into the water. Its force was too strong and she was pulled down the steep slope of water. It was only a few seconds until the water emptied into another fast moving river. Moving her tail in long fluid moments, Yami was able to swim towards the rocky bank. Gasping and sputtering, the basilisk pulled herself ashore. But now she was somewhere dark and murky.

Looking around, she didn't see anyone else. Well, this wasn't fun at all. Where those little whisplings she saw earlier, crazy? There was a bend in the dark tunnel ahead of her. Dripping, she moved forward, determined to meet up with others. "Hellooo..?" she called out, her voice reverberating against the rocky walls.

Draigathar
Following Touma's instructions and not wanting to wander too far Chai and Wu began looking around the garden area. They saw several sparkling things. Wu, what do you think of this? Chai said holding up a stone that had an interesting design on it and a slight blue tint to it. The design looked a bit like a sword with a pair of eyes on either side of it...

It is pretty. I think the design might have some meaning but I do not know. You would have to ask Touma. Wu replied to Chai as she looked around for a pretty for herself. As she looked she saw Touma pick up a stone similar to Chai's but she couldn't see what the markings were. As she looked around Wu also noticed that her tail was looking a bit dull so she stopped to clean it a bit. As she was doing this she saw a stone that was nearly the same color as her tail.Oh Chai! You must see this. This stone goes beautifully next to my tail though it does look as though a cat or something has pulled their claws across it. I think i shall keep it!! As Wudeia said this she noticed that the worms around them seemed to be agitated and more were coming from outside of the building toward the inside......Touma, what do you think is going on? Look at the worms, not the ones with us but the others. They seem...nervous or something...

User Image

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:46 am
User Image
To The Light Pt. 3
Metaplot

User Image

Eftemie
Chronos
Yami

((Two more worms... ))

Valkon stood on the steps watching his children. Hawke was playing with the worm and looking the bracelet over in detail. Fosull was doing whatever. He was quite sure she was picking up bones for her mother. Briefly he wondered where Loa was. She would find them sooner or later if she was not already headed for the light. Perhaps even have fallen into one of the tunnels as they had and still working her way towards them. Shrugging he figured she could take care of herself.

He started to move towards the bottom of the steps when he suddenly noticed all the worms heading for the temple. They were coming from everywhere and pouring into the opening behind him. Why? Noting the faint sound as he glanced around, he frowned tilting his head to study it. What was that? The worm on his shoulder began to squeak which adgitated Clipper to no end. The small crow hopped about as if he were arguing with the worm.

What was going on?

Touma glanced over at the two ghostlings with him. He nodded as he watched the actions of the worms. They were pouring into the building through every opening they could find.

"I think we should join the others," he stated turning towards the windows. "Let's just go in through here and come out behind the yokai. He's bigger than us, so that could help."

Climbing inside over a portion of crumbled stone, Touma helped the other two inside. He glanced over to see Arthas standing at the throne. But then he moved to where he could see the others in the doorway. Coming up to stand behind Valkon, Touma stated, "Something is wrong with the worms."

Valkon nodded. "Yes. Something is coming, but I'm not sure what yet. I can just hear it." He ignored the fact that they had just arrived. If they wanted to tag along, fine. He was sure he could put down any trouble that occurred.

Hawke glanced over at the newcomers. "They are scared I think." he indicated the worms who seemed to be looking for protection. "It must be something bad to have them all acting like that. Don't you think, Dad?" he asked as he glanced up at Valkon. It was not hard to see that he idolized his father. He even wore a hat like Valkon did.

His lips twitched upwards as he glanced over at Zion and Fosull. "That's Fosull, my sister, Zion, my friend and I'm Hawke. That's my Dad, Valkon." Hawke explained as he watched Touma, Chai, and Wudeia. "You have worms too. They sure seem friendly, don't they?"

He wondered what his dad would end up doing with these others. Would they be slaves or would they end up helping Az, Chronos, and his father? Hawke almost snickered, but instead turned back to watching Valkon to see what he would do.

Arthas put the pendant on, then followed the others to stand behind Valkon. He too could hear something in the distance and the worm on his shoulder was adgitated too. A scowl crossed his face as he looked around. The entire inside of the temple ruins was lit up by the worms. They seemed to be preparing for something.

He blinked in surprise. The way they were massing it reminded him of the way armies came together to prepare for battle. His eyes narrowed thoughtfully.

"They are massing because an enemy is coming. If nothing else, I can see that." he stated causing Valkon to turn to watch him a moment. When Valkon nodded at Arthas, the ghostling wondered if this put them on the same side. He had not been on the side of anyone in a long time. They were usually on his.

Allie23
Yami moved slowly forward in the tunnel. Although she had cried out, no one responded to her call. The basilisk muttered in annoyance to herself. If she would of known she was going to fall into a great vat of nothing, she would of never followed the other two ghostling she saw.

As she continued walking along the dark corridor, the female ran her hand against the side of the rocky wall as a guide. The wall felt hard and cold under her hand until she ran over something sticky feeling. Gasping, Yami immediately removed her hand from the tunnel wall. Perched upon the rocks was a blind, glowing worm. The female reach out to touch the worm and it quickly slithered up and around her arm until it was perched on her black spotted shoulder. The worm glowed mysteriously for a second until it took on colors similar to her own. And then the worm started chirping and squeaking wildly. Yami quickly covered her ears. "What is wrong with you?!" she questioned the worm with a hint of annoyance in her voice. But the worm didn't respond in any language she could understand. As she began to move forward in the tunnel once more, the worm quieted down a bit. Maybe this is what he wanted all along..

Several more bends in the tunnel brought Yami to a great cavern with an old temple. All the other worms seemed to be amassing inside the temple. Her glowing worm started squeaking excitedly once more, as if to egg her on.

GunSniper
Zion had again gotten quiet during this trip. He looked up when his name was mentioned, but did nothing to reply. The voice again. It was calling stronger than before. ALL this walking and traveling was getting hard. Zion wanted to meet the clock maker now.

He looked at the purple worm that had settled on his shoulder. The thing seemed to feel his desire. At least Zion believed it did.

So with a huff and without a word Zion slipped away from the group. He would find his way quickly and by himself as he always had...

spookyx7
Kai floated forward and then saw a worm touch him. "Whoa..." He looked at the worm and it was quite pretty, it matched him. "You are a pretty little thing." He stated, as he looked at the other ghostlings. They had worms that matched them as well. This was very strange.

Soon though the worms high-tailed it. "Ok, that can't be good." Kai wasn't sure what to do so he picked up a smooth, blue pebble. If he had too he could chuck it at something.

immortalmina
Nebula looked at Kai and waved him over to her. "Let's go." She wanted out of the underground as soon as she could. She really didn't like it down there.

Nebula began to fly through the tunnels trying to find a way out. She had also tried to follow the worms hoping that they would be going out. The Slyph found herself at a temple where she saw other Ghostlings.

spookyx7
Kai nodded and followed the girl ghostling. "Do you know where you are going?" Even if she didn't, it was better than standing around here.

He found himself in the temple with quite a few other ghostlings. He didn't know what to say so he just was still behind Nebula. What was all this?

Allie23
Still near the entrance of the cavern, Yami watched as two other ghostlings entered the ominous looking temple. She wasn't sure she wanted to go in there in the first place, but the temple seemed to be the destination of choice for all the inhabitants of Etheria. There also seemed to be a foreboding air lingering outside the temple. She did not want to be left alone with that..

Making her way quickly across the great room, Yami noticed a glint of shimmer from a pile of dirt and rubble. She chose to ignore it at first and passed by, but a feeling nagged at her so she turned back. Digging it out took very little effort, the dirt was soft and crumbly. It was a very small silver ring - it was either made to wear on a pinkie finger or for a child. It had a small moonstone in the middle with intricate swirly designs to each side inlayed in iridescent abalone shell. She quickly slid it on her right hand and covered the remaining distance to the temple steps.

((ooc: Eftemie, if this is not ok, please let me know and I'll have her drop it. XP))

Talencia
((Okay y'all, please forgive this HORRENDOUS summarization of my characters actions and reactions... I typed it up once and closed it, and have been busy IRL with a lot of things lately. I'll try to come back and fluff it up properly later, but if I don't get this in, I'm gonna fall behind too far to make it up.))

Jenga is fascinated by the feline face at the gate to the temple. She follows the light along the hallways to find Valkron glowing. When he transforms into a huge panther, she becomes once more highly fascinated by the yokai, even to the point of attraction on an emotional level. She dogs his steps like a shadow, not interfering but never straying far.

Gossamer dutifully has followed her mistress to a waterfall inland from the ocean where they began. Behind the falling water are moving colored lights. Curious, she enters beneath the curtain of water. A misstep in the dark sends her plunging down into the tunnels where the others wander. With her patron, she makes her way up the waterways, ducking under the water's surface willingly when the situation requires, until they too are in the very large cavern. Wide eyed and clearly afraid, she still says nothing, though when a worm approaches her, she hums to it and picks it up gently. Apparently, the worm has a reassuring effect on her, as she settles some and stays contentedly close to Azshara.

Eftemie
Noting that Zion had slipped away, Valkon frowned. Had he taken too long for the boy? There was that promise to fulfill yet. And he would. The boy was impatient and he grinned at the thought. So was he most of the time and they could return here later. Perhaps with the intention of exploring the ruins fully. He rather liked this place. But he still frowned at the sound he heard coming down one fo the tunnels. But which one?

They should leave.

"Let's go." Valkon stated moving towards the bottom step. "I think it's time we left this place. There will be another chance."

Touma glanced at the larger ghostling then nodded. "Do you know the way out? Stay close, Chai, Wudeia." He did not want to lose them now.

"I do not." Arthas stated watching them all. For now he would bide his time and stay with this group. There was safety in numbers but he also might be able to manipulate this to his needs still.

Hawke glanced over at his father. "I don't see Zion, dad. Did you see where he went?" He poked Fosull noting she was pushing and shoving bones around and not paying attention to anything.

"I do not know the way out. But I suspect it is in that direction." Valkon stated pointing at the entrance directly across from them. "He got impatient, but we will find him on the way. Grab hold of a tail for I'm moving quickly." Shifting to panther form, Valkon focused until he had nine tails as he did as a wolf. Shoving his children onto his back, he glanced at the others. His expression said they only had a moment to do so.

The sound grew louder and louder until a dark cloud burst free of one of the tunnels. They swirled, dove, and began picking off the worms that straggled behind. Their wings echoing as they whirled in the air. The flock of birds began to eat all the worms they could find.

Inside the ruins, the worms there began to mass growing larger and larger as more and more merged together. This was war and they were defending their home against the intruders. The worms hidden on the ghostlings, dove for cover knowing what was coming. Their choices had been made and they were leaving.

(( Tunnel C is the option that Valkon is taking. Feel free to take a different one. You can also choose to stay and fight to help the worms but there is a chance you may lose yours as a result. ))

Talencia
The rising sound made Jenga's ears pivot backwards, and she gave a soft hiss of displeasure. She was staring in the direction the noise came from until she was distracted by the mysterious shapechanger turning back into a pather. Raow-raow. She gave a small smirk and dropped onto all fours too, pacing leggily back and forth in impatience to move. Distracted by his feral handsomeness she might be, but her lashing tail revealed that the increasing sound was agitating her.

She glanced around at those assembled. She supposed she too could carry one, or two very small ones. She was strong enough, if not so big as the multi-tailed panther. "I'll carry one," she spoke up, pacing closer to him. She gave him a sideways look, eyes half lidded, though her expression was otherwise entirely business-like. When the birds finally burst into the cavern, though, she glanced back at them with wide eyes, dropping her mouth open to pant lightly, scenting the prety. Now was not the time, as she was reminded by the wild squirming of the worm that she carried. It buried itself into her hair, which apparently seemed the safest and easiest place to cling. She gave an amused huff and waited to see what would happen next.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:52 am
User Image
To The Light Pt. 4
Metaplot
User Image

immortalmina
Nebula was confused at what was going on. All she really cared about at that point was getting out of there and back to the where she could see trees and the sky.

The girl saw her worm and picked it up before heading off towards the big legend guy. He was old and big, right? He'd know where to go, right?

The birds then came in. Nebula saw them and was frozen in her spot for a moment. They were so big and they were eating the worms. What to do now? She just kept flying where she was.

Cinderfae
When they had entered the temple Fosull had gone about collecting interesting bits of bone and shoving them into her back along with the corpse she had gathered earlier. Her worm had gotten tucked into the bag as well, she hadn't even been paying attention to the others until the shaking started. Darting out from a pile of various interesting things she had gathered Fosull dashed over toward her father hopping on his back. Gripping the fur of her father's panther form she tucked the bag of gathered dead things tight against her.

Loa tossed a worm that seemed to have interest in her into the skull she carried. Wandering for sometime among the dark tunnels she heard the sound of others nearby. Pausing the entity stood attempting to figure out where the sound was coming from. Certain of where she heard the sound she darted toward it finding that it was coming from a chamber of sorts, she recognized her children and saw that Fosull was sitting astride a panther that she assumed was Valkon.

"My but you are getting big," murmuring she hurried over to the group Vincent's skull still under her arm. "Lets get them out of here," Loa glanced over to Valkon and the other cat girl, a burst of power flew from her hand to push back one of the bird creatures that got too close to their group.

The snakes in Azshara's hair coiled around a worm that had moved close to her and been taken up in them. The commotion grew louder and swept through the cavern, frowning the Oversoul looked up toward the ceiling, "Goss, move close to the wall. We need to find a way out," a few bits of rock fell from the ceiling as she spoke.

A larger bit of rock fell from the ceiling and Azshara dove under the water to twist out of the way, surfacing she pointed Goss ahead and started swimming forward. There was a tunnel that seemed more sturdy. "Hopefully there is a way out here..."

Eftemie
The panther grinned, baring his fangs as Valkon was slighlty amused at Loa's comment. No matter how big or how much power he had, he had already understood that Azmodeus and Kita had more. It did not matter. He was still loyal to his dark lord. Mostly.

It was time to leave. Glancing around at those nearby, Valkon figured they would either grab on or follow behind. Either way it was up to them.

Moving quickly, Valkon leaped forwards running across the cavern. He waited for noone and avoided the birds once or twice as they whirled through the air. His own crows were behind them moving where they knew he was going. Running up the slight hill, Valkon entered the tunnel on the opposite side. Hopefully this was the way out.

Arthas grabbed one of Valkon's tails as the panther suddenly moved. Normally he would walk or even ridden, but there were more enemies than he cared to have to destroy. Without his full power, it was best to side himself where he knew power lay. At least for now it was with Valkon.

Touma likewise had grabbed a tail. He indicated that Chai and Wudeia do the same thing. They had come this far together. He would chance trusting the yokai. For now. With the birds coming in mass quantity, he wanted to get out. Valkon would be the quickest way.

"Grab hold, Chai, Wudeia. It's best for now. Hang on tight!"

Hawke had slid onto his father's back with a wide grin. A panther ride this time. It was getting more and more fun to see what his dad did. And he was very glad that Valkon was his dad. A laugh slipped free as he smirked at Fosull. She could keep their mother. He definitely liked being with his dad.

"This is gonna be soooo much fun." He stated, but his hand rubbed absently at the bracelet he had on his arm.

The group moved quickly down the tunnel. The birds continued pouring into the larger cavern. By this time the worms had banded together forming a much much MUCH larger worm. Its body moved around bashing and crushing the avians it faced. It had definitely done this before.

The river flowed along the tunnel Valkon was heading down in the direction he guessed lay their exit. As the tunnel curved back and forth twisting around, it became much darker and began to lead them slightly upwards. There was little light to be had and what few worms they had did not give off much glow.

But as they continued forwards, the ground leveled out. In the distance a faint glow could almost be seen. Was it a trick of the imagination? Or did it mean they were heading back to the upper world? If these thoughts crossed their minds, none said as Valkon continued moving closer and closer.

As the group rounded the last curve, there was an odd shimmer in the air in front of them. Valkon ignored it as he charged on through, but the rest of the party were surprised. Each one he carried or held onto him, were suddenly tossed off to land on the rocky ground as he slipped directly through the now glowing brightly barrier between them. It was then Valkon noticed that Zion was sitting to one side as if waiting. Loa, however, was able to step directly through it as had Valkon.

Why could none but the older two ghostlings not go through this barrier when the exit to the tunnel could easily be seen behind Loa and Valkon? Perhaps they would figure it out.

GunSniper
Zion looked from the barrier to the party. His worm squiggled about his shoulder as impatiently as his owner was feeling. The young minded Ghostling was busy talking to it for hours, since he had left the group. It had been his only company since he split.

Whatever was calling him was on the other side of the wall, and the wall was not letting him in. He tried everything he could think of... now Valkon and the rest of them were coming again.

Perhaps he shouldn't have run... He couldn't help but feel that Valkon had let him go. That guy didn't seem like one to miss much.

Zion pressed himself against the wall in hopes of not being seen. Oddly he felt as if Valkon was going to scold him for taking off....

Talencia
Jenga barrelled alongside the panther, feeling irked at just about everything. He still refused to do much more than acknowledge her presence, and theat even only minimally. Her tail bristled faintly and she skipped a stride to brush her hair out of her face in irritation as even it defied her. There were the birds as well, she supposed, but that was minor as far as she was concerned. They were only birds, after all. Perhaps one would fly in her path and provide a tasty snack. But also, despite her offer, everyone had grabbed onto 'his majesty' the panther and rode along with him. She huffed faintly, but didn't really feel as much exasperation and disgruntlement as she told herself she did.

Truth was, she was trying to deny that she was drawn to him. Her fascination went beyond its original, niggling memory that he triggered. Now it was firmly centered on what he was, what he might be. He had many forms... a shapechanger? And those tails! She felt one whoosh behind her heels as they zigzagged with the curving tunnel and the meandering underground stream. It made her smile, though she quickly stifled it when she realized what she was doing. Yes indeed, what exactly was he? Was he bewitching her? Those feline eyes! It was easy to imagine that he was in fact casting a spell on her... but no, that was silly. Why would he trouble to do so, and then ignore her so? Her claws dug deeper into the floor as her frustration mounted. He was so... so....

Right about then, she slammed nose first into a barrier she hadn't noticed existed. It was a painful shock, siezing her lungs in immobility as the rest of her body sailed forward to scrunch almost comically against the invisible wall. She hissed the last of her breath between her fangs before crumpling bonelessly.

(will add more)

immortalmina
Nebula found herself in the tunnel with the others. Her worm seemed to still be near her, which she wasn't sure if that was good or not. Birds do have to eat right? The girl was more then a little confused.

There the outside was...or so she wanted and hoped. But she couldn't get through. "Oh, come on." She said to herself as she tried to figure out how to get onto the other side. She just wanted to see trees and the sky...no more underground.

Eftemie
When the others were thrown off him, Valkon skidded to a halt. His tails twitched as he watched the rest in amusement.

"Well, that was interesting. I think we are safe from the birds here anyhow, but now to get you all through the barrier." he commented after he shifted back to his normal self. Moving towards the barrier, he reached out running his hands along its surface. Then he walked back through it. Easily. It gave such little resistance to him.

Why?

His worm was unaffected on his shoulder too and it seemed to be able to go through. Did the others? If so, then it was not based on magic or age. They were all ghosts, so it had to be something else.

Glancing at Hawke, he laughed, "Shove your worm forwards and see if it will go through, Hawke."

Then he turned to Zion, smiling slightly. "Get a little impatient, Zion?" Then.. "I can't blame you. We were taking out time and looking around." He winked, adding, "I'll get you there but be careful going off by yourself especially in a place none of us have seen before."

His eyes traveled upwards taking in the size of the tunnel and the barrier. There was no way to go over it. So why were the rest trapped here?

Hawke stared at his father from where he sat. Being tossed off was no fun at all, but at least Fosull had been too. His lips curved upwards as he saw his sister nearby. A snicker slipped free as he glanced around. He glanced over at Nebula as she spoke and snickered. "None of us can until we figure this out."

Taking his worm, he pushed it forwards indicating that it go through. The creature stared sightlessly at him for a long moment then it began to go through as easily as Valkon had.

Worried that it would not return, Hawke tapped on the ground a few times. The worm's antennae twitched as they turned towards the sound coming from the ghostling's fingers. Crawling back, it once more found its way into his hand and up his arm.

"I guess that works." he shrugged glancing at Valkon. "Still don't see why we can't."

Arthas growled as he landed with a thud nearly losing Frostmourne in the process. His annoyance was plainly written on his face though his worm had managed to hang onto him.

"Why are you able and we are not? What has been done to us?"

Touma got to his feet quickly to check on Chai and Wudeia. Then he looked around the others. "Is everyone alright?" He listened down the tunnel but heard none of the birds coming their direction.

"The worms live here. Maybe they are immune to the barrier here, just like the crystal." he shrugged, as he placed his hand on the shimmering wall. "It would explain why we cannot, but not you or she."

immortalmina
Nebula looked at Hawke and nodded. "Okay, but how." She just was too confused and scared to think very clearly. She never liked being in the dark and underground. It was starting to get to her.

Nebula looked at the ones that got through and wished she was them. Sunlight, grass, trees and the sky...how she wanted to see them.

GunSniper
Zion looked away from Valkon as he spoke. Why was he able to get through? Zion had tried so hard to get through while the others were playing in the tunnels. He already knew the worms could do it... Was Valkon a worm?!

A sudden noise, a voice caught his attention. His ears twitched. Him!

User Image"There is only one way through my friends." Chronos grinned as he approached the entrance to the tunnel. The Time legend leaned on his black scythe with a black ram skull on the top of it.

It was a slight surprise to see his old friend again, but his face did not betray his emotions.
"You all have to bear the mark of my master, the lord Azmodeus. But How lucky for you he has bestowed upon me the authority to give it to you." He looked over the bunch, especially Zion. What a familiar Ghost...

"To get it all you have to do is pledge your loyalty and you will be spared a horrific death."

Eftemie
((LMAO Zion thinks Valkon is a worm. That's too awesome. Too bad worms don't have bones although it could be interesting having him try sometime as a prank on Zion. heheh ))

He knew the sound of that voice. Turning, Valkon smirked raising an eyebrow in slight surprise. Chronos was not entirely as he remembered him. Stepping back through the barrier, the yokai circled Chronos entirely, his grin widening with every step. Chronos had to know that he would tease him. A little at least. Valkon always showed his amusement plainly and now would not be an exception.

"Well, well, well... Look at you. All grown up too." he smirked, folding his arms as he stopped in front of the legend. The smirk grew on his face as he commented, "Hey, Chronos. You're still a fox." Then he broke out into laughter, patting him on the back.

"So I got you back afterall. Lord Azmodeus also I hope. The barrier is his. Good. Makes sense as it will protect all of us more. Is Watcher one of yours? He can be annoying and I think he needs an attitude adjustment. How much did we lose though? I can always send the crows to retrieve whatever we need. Nevermind. Questions can be answered later. First things first. Zion."

His eyes narrowed at the thought of the red-eyed irritant, but then he whispered so that only Chronos could hear him. "I think I found something of yours. He's got a watch exactly like you make. Numbered even. Said he's had it as long as he can remember. You did not have any essence stolen that you don't know about, did you? He seems to be alot like you, my friend. He had the second watch but gave it to me for a promise to meet you."

He was thinking pointedly about what Loa had done to him. Chronos had been older when they had first met, so it was possible he guessed.

Turning around he watched Zion a moment. "Zion, this is Chronos, the watchmaker I told you of. I'm not sure what's going on, Chronos, but I felt like he was meant to be here with you. He's very inventive. Created a glowstick that could be useful, too. Hawke, come on."

Glancing towards Hawke, Fosull, and Loa, he nodded indicating that his son do as Chronos asked. Loa and Fosull could decide for themselves what their daughter wanted. He was sure she would take the marking. It was a means to an end, but Valkon would have asked for his son to be marked anyhow. Now was as good a time as any.

Valkon glanced over at Jenga, for the first time acknowledging her presence. There was challenge in his eyes for her to take the marking. He was truly curious what she would do. His eyes gleamed in amusement as he watched her.

Hawke turned as his father did. "Uncle Chronos!" he grinned. "Yay! You are back too!" Then he noted the scythe that the legend held. "Oooo! I like the new scythe! It's awesome! Can you make me one too?" He blinked his eyes round and large as he stared at the shape and coloration of the weapon, then grinned sheepishly. "Later. Only maybe smaller. I think that one's a bit too big for me."

He laughed. He wanted to have more power too like his dad did. "Sign me up. It's where I want to be anyhow. And I'm tired of being in here. I want to figure out my new bracelet." Hawke held his hand out for Chronos to inspect its dark gleam. "Shadow I think. Should be useful and those bones back there did not need it."

immortalmina
Nebula was highly confused. So this was to protect them? But did that mean it was worse on the outside or what? She just want to be free and fly in the trees, which was not underground.

The girl now thought about what the other big guy had said, "..pledge your loyalty and you will be spared a horrific death." She didn't want to die, but who was this guy she was to pledge her life and loyalty too? And what did that mean anyway?

One of her single tears fell down her face as she thought about what to do. No answer came as she didn't get any insight from it this time.

Talencia
Jenga had rubbed the sting from her muzzle and stood to regard the barrier thoughtfully. This looked to be magic, of a sort she had no knowledge of. She let the others muse about tis cause and the solution. She wasn't entirely sure they could do anything about it, really. But the new voice beyond the shield made her ears snap forward sharply, eyes narrowing. With the barrier between, she didn't drop into a defensive crouch, though apparently she might as well have, as it seemed he held the key to why some could get through and not others.

She eyed him suspiciously, not even much assured by the fact that the nine-tail seemed easy and familiar with him. She remained still, almost as if frozen, watching him warily. Her tailtip did twitch as she thought, but nothing else moved. She did not even blink as she measured him, considered him. To the casual eye, he certainly did cut a handsome figure, but... something niggled at her. She frowned just faintly, sweeping her whiskers back minutely. Finally at some length, she spoke.

"I would like to know exactly who it is, or what it is, we are pledging loyalty to," she imparted smoothly, her gaze intense. She was no spineless fool to give in to obscure demands out of a driving and unthinking fear. Oh no, not she. Her chin was up, her back straight, her shoulders back, looking less the cat and more the calm and capable female. And for once, due to her inner drive to assert herself as confident and even possibly something to be reckoned with in her own right, she completely missed the first attention the yokai had bestowed upon her. Even had she known, she'd have shrugged it off. Some things were more important than her own personal curiousity.

User Image

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

Eftemie

Vermillion Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:58 am
User Image
To The Light Pt. 5
Metaplot
User Image

Eftemie

Arthas folded his arms in annoyance. Leave it to females to complicate things. One in tears and the other demanding answers that they all wanted. There were ways to do things and evidently some were marked by the image of the one that had been seen earlier. At least he assumed it was that one. His position as a prince and former lich king would have no bearing here now. The thought irritated him even more as he watched the older and larger ghostlings.

Horrific death? He nearly laughed at that but he had no doubts that the image he had seen could do something to him at this point. No less than he had done to others but that was some time ago. It was better to bide his time and then look for a way to use it for his own needs. What true choice did he have? He had always used what was there as a means to what he wanted. Why should now be any different?

"Frostmourne and I will serve."
he finally stated moving up behind Hawke.

Touma simply folded his arms. Somehow he was certain that these ghostlings were evil. Why else would there be a barrier to trap those coming out? Simple. They knew that others would fall in. He had been following the yokai legend though and he had not seemed to know what was going on the entire way. There had been the exploration of the cavern and he had followed him from the city where everyone had appeared at the same instant.

He was undecided yet what he should do. So he waited to see what others would do. This would be hard on those like Chai and Wudeia. He was so certain that they were light oriented and he was suddenly thankful that Priscilla and Ember had not come along. It was a good thing he had left them in the safety of the attic.

Valkon's crows flew through to land on the other side. They simply waited. Obviously the living had no trouble at all with the barrier. None of them were living. He had to figure out what was best to do right now.

immortalmina
"Is there any other way out? What if we don't want to?" Nebula asked and joined the other Ghostling who was asking questions. She wanted out and she wanted to be safe, but was the cost worth it? She just wasn't so sure.

Nebula looked at the others who joined and it looked easy for them. What was wrong with her? She just wasn't sure. Too scared to be sure.

GunSniper
"Yes, my Lord has been good to me. And yourself..." Chronos grinned. Two legends, this meant that the world would soon find it harder to keep the peace it once had.

"and Yes, still a fox..." He chuckled. "The watcher is no one's, but I am soon to figure out how to summon him to do our lord's every whim. I will talk to you more about that personally."

Chronos leaned on his scythe as he looked over the crowd. When his son's name was mentioned he froze. His eyes widened as he looked over to the crowd, than to the fey. Despite the horns and tail he looked just like his son when he was alive. "Valkon..." He finally said as he approached the barrier. There was one thing in life he loved more than anything, and that was his son. Though the damned wench who bore him had killed him for good. But this was the ghost world, a realm of the dead. Why he had not thought of that before, who knows. Last he saw the child was only a few days old, strangled by his own mother.

Chronos was easily able to pick up on the boy's markings. He somehow knew what they meant.

He knelt just before the barrier and took a good look at Zion. "Valkon, leave it to you to find my past life's only child..."

Zion listened to the conversation with confusion written all over his face. His eyes nearly popped out of his head when Chronos stated that he was the clock maker's son. Zion didn't have time to say anything, not that he would have, before another ghost spoke.

"No my dear, to turn back is death. The worms become aggressive at night around here. The ones who do not have ghost hosts that is." He looked over to nebula as he got to his feet once again. "I can assure you that your alliance at this castle will be rewarding."

Eftemie
"Watcher can wait." he agreed but listened to what Chronos was saying. His son. No wonder there had been so many mannerisms that reminded him of the fox.

"Your son. It fits. I am very glad I did find him then. He belongs here with you then." Valkon stated softly, soberly. He glanced over at Hawke, smiling faintly. Hawke and Zion already seemed to like one another. It would do them both good to have a friend.

Then he said, "I wondered about the worms when they reshaped back there to attack the birds. It's why we left the main cavern."

He glanced over at the one on his shoulder, stroking it a moment. "These are alphas, are they not? Which means they were a bit of protection for us as we went through the cavern and why they matched our coloring. It was to keep the others at bay a bit more." It made sense, but he planned to study them a bit more and see what could be done with them. A few at a time could probably be safely handled but not the amount that was in the cavern behind them.

Hawke blinked in surprise then a grin split his face as he happily stated. "Uncle Chronos is your dad? Then makes us like... cousins, Zion."

Corviy tilted his head as he tried to shove the worm from his chosen spot on Hawke's shoulder. Instead of moving aside, the worm wrapped itself around the leg of the bird. The bird jealously reached down to peck at the creature.

"Stop that. Both of you." Hawke growled as the bird's feet dug into his shoulder more. He pointed a finger at them, frowning.

Arthas frowned as he listened. The worms being aggressive could be to their advantage at some point. Perhaps a small army to control should he figure out how to fully control his worm. Perhaps it was useful afterall getting trapped down in this place. There could be more things to discover during the day and at some point they would return.

If not, he would. He still had Frostmourne and even not at full strength, it would still be formidable. And serving was a point of view. This could be to his advantage still. He stood by his choice and remained silent as the others decided.

Touma still scowled, but he watched intently as Chronos greeted his 'found' son. Perhaps these were not all that he had thought. Perhaps... But the marking still bothered him. He was quite certain that Valkon was darker than he appeared. So too this Chronos. The scythe he held could be considered such and it almost whispered of the lives it would take in some way.

These thoughts made him hesitate. Even if the worms did turn aggressive during the night, there was the day where they could perhaps be used to find another way out. But that was a big chance. Still he waited as he watched.

Talencia
Jenga gritted her teeth fiercely. What was it with these boys and ignoring her? The fox had blatently ignored her question! Well, she'd just see about that. She stepped forward, nose nearly touching the faintly shimmering shield. She attempted to lock eyes with either the fox or the shapechanger. "I will take this mark, but I expect to be told more than just our master's name, if you please." She fairly bristled with indignant assertion. Her thick-ended tail swished back and forth, stirring her light skirt into a rippling swirl.

What exactly was with these boys anyway? It wasn't as if she was mousey and timid. She didn't quite stomp a paw, as it would have been a pointless and petty gesture, but she felt like doing it. They frustrated her so! She would not be ignored any longer, she vowed!

User Image

Hasii had been watching from the shadows. What a ruckus was echoing through the tunnels! In all the time he could remember living here, there had never been so much noise, shuddering of the rock floors, nor voices calling, talking, shouting, or whispering. Why, there was even copious splashing going on, and the whirring of wings!

Woken from his slumber deep in his den, he grumpily decided it was best not to try and sleep again, as he wasn't likely to be able to. With a wide and fanged yawn, he stretched his arms and arched his spine and uncoiled his length.

It was then that voices came to him more clearly, not terribly far down a rather small, slender passageway. Only one of his kind or their slithery cousins were likely to be able to traverse it, so he felt relatively safe approaching the sounds up ahead. When his hole merged into a main cave area, he paused, peering around the corner at a gathering of others that were like him, yet unlike. Mutely he pondered them and listened to what it was they were discussing.

immortalmina
Nebula listed to the Legend and nodded. She didn't like this much, but she didn't want to die either. She watched as the other Ghostling that was on the fence finally agreed to it.

Nebula looked back to the end of the tunnel, to the 'death' that was awaiting her. She looked to the barrier and the others to 'life' under someone else. Which was worse, she wondered. "I dont' want to die...so fine." She finally said. Free Will would have to wait till there wasn't a death threat.

GunSniper
User Image As Nebula looked away from the end of the tunnel something appeared before her that was not there before. An inkwell hovered in front of her and awaited her to take hold of it. In an odd sense it was as if it were calling to her.

(( Congrats to immortalmina for winning the final inkwell! ))

Chronos side glanced to Valkon. He had figured -he- would have figured out the worms by now. Or at least turned into one. "You'll be the first to have a talk with him when he is summoned, I can assure you." Chronos grinned.

He than stepped through the light barrier and loomed over his son. What better to demonstrate to the others how the process works. He knelt before the fey and for a moment the two just stared at each other. Finally Chronos let his scythe return to the rock it once was. He withdrew the horn fragments Azmodeus had given him just before their departure. After this ritual they were to be given to Valkon, but until than they would aid their lord further.

Chronos placed a hand on his son's shoulder. The best place for a marking would be on the right hand... and an extra one on the fey's horn. But no one else would have to receive that mark. "Let me see your hand my son." Chronos held out his own hand after removing it from Zion's shoulder.

Zion placed his hand in Chronos' than looked from the hand to his father's face.

"This will hurt, but it will be rewarding..." Chronos whispered than took the horn and begun to carve the symbol of Azmodeus in his right hand. By letting the clock maker do this Zion had already given his consent making the marking legit.

Zion winced and nearly started to cry, but held his tongue (save for a few grunts and whimpers)

Once that marking was finished Chronos took the other horn and begun to carve a strange marking on Zion's horn. A blessing. No one else would receive this marking. It was... special.

When all was done Chronos lead his son through the barrier. Zion filched as they walked through, but once on the other side looked back at where he had come from with slight surprise. All it took was a scratch?

"You see? It is just that easy. Who will be next?" Chronos looked back to the crowed and waited for an answer. If they were willing the would receive the mark on their back or right hand, depending on where they wanted it. Once the mark was on their body they would be able to make it through the barrier with no trouble.

Eftemie
((Congrats, Mina. ))

Valkon stared at Chronos a moment, raising an eyebrow at the sideglance. Obviously there was something he had missed. The worms or Watcher though? "Watcher and I will agree to disagree on most things I think. I still owe him one for that memory he shoved down on me." His tails twitched in annoyance but then he grinned wickedly. "I'll find some way to return the favor."

The second marking surprised him somewhat but he knew Chronos never did anything without a reason. He was certain there was one. They would have a private talk about a few things later, not the least of which was all that he had missed at the castle.

"You know, these worms could come in handy, but I didn't figure they had any bones for me to steal their forms. Although I've not really tried."
Valkon mused as he continued to watch the various ones around him. "I might try it later when I'm sure noone is around to step on me."

The yokai turned his attention to Jenga a moment raising an eyebrow as he appraised her. His lips twitched upwards as he watched her. "There will be time to explain everything later. When we get time. Look at it this way. At least you will be safe."

All the while Hawke had watched closely. It was a rather cool looking marking when Chronos was finished with Zion's hand. He thought where he wanted his marking. On his hand of course. Afterall, he and Zion were cousins and this would just prove it more.

Hawke stepped forwards. "Me next, Uncle Chronos. Um... hand I think. That way Zion and I are still cousins." Holding his arm out, he winced, then pursed his lips. If Zion could do it without crying, so could he. "Go for it."

Arthas moved forwards behind Hawke. He was not removing his armor for this. It would have to be the hand. Pulling off the gauntlet he wore, he held his own hand out as he waited patiently behind the younger ghostling.

"Let's just get this done. We all need to get out of here before those worms notice us then. It is not good to turn your back to an enemy."
he glanced back the way they had come. "At least no longer than necessary."

Touma shook his head, finally breaking his silence. "I'm a nightwhisper. I can't afford to have a marking like that where someone can recognize it." He contemplated the size and shape of the marking. Where would it be the least obtrusive? A shoulder beneath his clothing would be sufficient.

"My shoulder."
Unbuttoning his shirt and vest, he removed the garments for the moment. "That way if I am seen, there is no marking to trace me." He was still uncertain of this. Still so uncertain, but he had little choice in the matter. Glancing at the others around them, he figured they would do as they needed to.

immortalmina
(( eek OOoohhh thanks so much! *huggles* biggrin heart heart ))

Nebula looked as the inkwell came to her. She looked around again at the others who were now getting the mark on themselves. Okay, so this must have been her's right? She wasn't sure, but she felt like it must have been. Maybe this was worth it after all.

Nebula held onto the inkwell as she walked over to get her turn. The Sylph looked at her hand and her back. Would she want it seen or not? If not the back, if so the hand. She wasn't sure that it truly mattered. So, she held out her hand and kept the inkwell in the other.

Talencia
Disdainfully Jenga sniffed at the shapechanger's comment. "Safe? Safe is relative. Safe can mean a warm bed. Safe can mean having a protector. Safe can mean being self-sufficient. Safe can mean a cold cell." She gave him a mildly haughty glare. Fine time to decide she existed! "Your words mean nothing when they impart the same." She lifted her chin at him defiantly, eyes glittering. "But if I must take the mark, I shall be the one to determine where it goes."

She turned to the fox legend in her turn and bared one shoulder, slipping the strap of her dress down. "Here," she told him distinctly, indicating the hollow in the front of her shoulder, right beneath the outer edge of her collarbone. "This is where I would bear this master's mark of whom I know nothing of." Her gaze was equally challenging to the one who marked them, though she had little idea of how he'd respond to such defiance.

Hasii watched and listened, baffled. Taking a mark? To be safe? He himself didn't feel one bit in danger... why should they? He considered slithering out to ask, but the bigger ones looked rather intimidating. He was rather small, even for his kind, but consequently could fit into all sorts of nooks and crannies to stay protected, and had done so. What good did a scratch on the hand do? And who were these ghostlings? Curious, he crept a little closer, but stayed back against the tunnel wall, well in the shadows.

Eftemie
Valkon's lips twitched upwards as he listened to Jenga. "Well, IF you don't want the mark don't take it. I'm sure Chronos can use a new slave. Or we can simply leave you here. He made sure that it was Chronos who would end up with her and not himself. He was still unsure why she was following him and why he even bothered to reply to her. Someone new to torment? Perhaps. Either way he was having fun.

He glanced over at Hawke for a moment. There was something about the stone in the bracelet. A bit of darkness that seemed to coalesce around it. Or perhaps it was something else. Making a mental note to pull Hawke aside later, he turned his attention back to the the others. The one with the armor looked useful. So too did the one professing to be a Nightwhisper. Maybe they would find something for them to do that only increased their power and following. It could not hurt to draw others in and subjegate them to Az.

User Image

Tome of the Dead (Roleplay Journals)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces