Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meth Mike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:02 am
0wn4g3pk3r
I have a question....
What would you consider these bands to be?
Lamb of God
Metallica
Ozzy Osbourne
Devil Driver
Machine Head
System of a Down
Killswitch Engage
Children of Bodom
Those are some of the other bands I'm a fan of and i was just curious what genres they were.

I'm sorry its taken so long for me to reply to this. My computer has completely ******** my life twice now and lost all the information so I've written this 3 times now. scream
lol

Well Lamb of God tends to switch back and forth between Speed Metal and Metalcore while containing elements of both. Their first self titled album back when they were called Burn the Priest was mainly Speed Metal. Then when they came out with New American Gospel (2000), As the Palaces Burn (2003), and Ashes of the Wake (2004) it was mostly Metalcore (mainly because of the melodic quality and frequent breakdowns). Then they went back to their Speed Metal roots with Sacriment (2006) and their new album Wrath (which doesn't come out until the 24th but thanks to torrents I've had it for 2 months. xd lol).

Metallica has changed drastically over the years. Everything from Kill 'Em All (1983) to their self titled 'Black Album' (1991) was good old fashioned Heavy Metal. Then everything from Load (1996) to Death Magnetic (200 cool is Hard Rock/Alternative.

Ozzy Osbourne is and always will be Classic Rock/Metal.

DevilDriver is mainly Thrash Metal with certain elements of Metalcore (mainly in The Fury of Our Makers Hand).

Machine Head would be considered Metal/Hard Rock/Metalcore.
(The first time I heard Imperium I think I blew a load in my pants by the way. lol)

System of A Down is more Nu Metal than anything. They are also considered Hard Rock/Alternative.

Killswitch Engage is the most Metalcore band I have ever heard. The definition of Metalcore should be changed to Killswitch Engage. lol

Children of Bodom has, for the most part, always been Thrash Metal with some Trance Metal elements (mostly because of the keyboardist).

But yea, all good bands.
I hope this has helped.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:15 pm
Thanks so much. I actually enjoyed reading that for some reason. I also felt kind of relieved that i know what the hell I'm listening to. The Lamb of God description was most amazing. They were actually called Burn the Priest. That sounds a band around Metallica's time. I also loved Sacrment and new American Gospel.  

0wn4g3pk3r
Captain

Meth Mike

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:33 pm
0wn4g3pk3r
Thanks so much. I actually enjoyed reading that for some reason. I also felt kind of relieved that i know what the hell I'm listening to. The Lamb of God description was most amazing. They were actually called Burn the Priest. That sounds a band around Metallica's time. I also loved Sacrment and new American Gospel.

haha
Well as I see it Metal is Metal and I am an avid listener of all of it. But it is always cool to know the the exact classifications and sub-genres of your favorite bands.

haha
I would have gone as in depth with the other bands but I realized that it would have been freakishly long and I didn't think anyone would want to read for that long. lol
Yea, they we're called Burn the Priest in the mid-late 90's. If you haven't heard them definitely check them out. They re-released their first self titled album in 2005 so it shouldn't be hard to find these days. Sometimes its listed with Lamb of God and sometimes they put it under Burn the Priest.
Sacrament was definitely good. Walk With Me In Hell, Redneck, and Blacken the Cursed Sun are 3 of my favorites. I'm more familiar with Ashes of the Wake though.
I think you will be pleased with Wrath when you hear it as well. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:19 pm
Yah, I'm gonna have to check them out. Also I love all three of the songs. Walk With me in Hell is my favorite out of those three.  

0wn4g3pk3r
Captain

Ghost_RTT
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:24 pm
Meth Mike
I love As Blood Runs Black.
My band has played with them twice now and we got Lech drunk as s**t back stage and he threw up on my drummers symbol case. He then proceded to make out with my friend Lizz (after the vomiting which I reminded her of profusely for days to come blaugh ). Then he called us homosexuals and passed out. lol
They're all really cool guys if you ever get the chance to hang out with them definitely don't pass it up.
I don't like their new stuff though. After they kicked Lech out they should have at least gotten a drummer that could play his fills and write decent s**t instead of just playing in 4/4 the entire ******** time. scream
But thats just my opinion.

Oh really? What's your band called?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:20 pm
Wow! I haven't seen you post in awhile Phobias! Welcome back!  

0wn4g3pk3r
Captain

Ghost_RTT
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:09 am
0wn4g3pk3r
Wow! I haven't seen you post in awhile Phobias! Welcome back!

lol. Hey. What up?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:14 pm
Nothing much. As you have probably read I took your suggestion and listened to AS Blood Runs Black. They're amazing!  

0wn4g3pk3r
Captain

Ghost_RTT
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:54 pm
Sweet. lol. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:31 pm
0wn4g3pk3r
Yah, I'm gonna have to check them out. Also I love all three of the songs. Walk With me in Hell is my favorite out of those three.

I would have to agree.
Walk With Me In Hell has the most epic beginning ever. lol  

Meth Mike

0wn4g3pk3r
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:28 pm
This guy who is one Youtube and he is one of the most amazing guitarists I've ever seen! His user name is Testament19 and he does a great cover of Walk With me in Hell. He also does a lot of other great covers for example...
Splintered Visions - Into Eternity (MUST SEE!)
Hangar 18 - Megadeth (Not the best but pretty good.)
The Light That Blinds - Shadows Fall O.O
Six - All That Remains (GREAT!)
Master of Puppets and a bunch of other Metallica tunes.
He also has his own band called Festinate and their stuff is pretty decent too. You should totally check this guy out if your interested in good covers. Here's the link...
http://www.youtube.com/user/testament19?blend=1&ob=0  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:45 am
Patrick the merc
MyFearsHaveBecomePhobias
My band's doing a cover of one of their songs.

sweet id love to hear it twisted

I've got a video of us doing the song, but I can't figure out how to upload it.  

Ghost_RTT
Vice Captain

Rock/Metal chatrooms!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas