Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Sega, get your @$$ in gear! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Megatron

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:47 am
As a follower of the Sonic series, I, and millions of other fans, have realized a definate down-grade in Sega's game distribution. Not so much as far as prodcuctivity, but in game quality.
That being said, I want to know if there are any other fans out there
that would like to see a (decent) Sonic game.

I'm tired of waiting for Sega to pick themselves up, even though their
downfall is inevitable. rolleyes

So please, if there are any Sonic fans left(of course there is) let your voice be heard! State your opinions....  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:08 pm
Sonic fan here. smile In case you haven't noticed, Sega seem to be starting to make great Sonic games again. Look at Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure for example. Sonic and the Secret Rings was a good game. Sonic Unleashed would have been awesome if they had taken out the night time levels. And Sonic and the Black Knight looks like it's gonna be great. I personally think Sonic having a sword for this game will be a good thing.  

Super Cheesio

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:44 pm
Great games? rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:51 pm
Sonic in 3D has died. The only good game for awhile has been the Rush series.
He should just be in 2D from now on... =(

Edit: I was just talking about Sonic... XD
SEGA's doing BETTER at least  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:32 pm
Mad World looks amazing.
The Conduit also looks great.
House of the Dead Overkill looks fantastic.
Sonic and the Black Knight looks like it'll be better than Unleashed at least.

They're definitely doing better than they were last generation (seeing as that's what KILLED them, I guess that's not saying much).

But I can understand if you're just talking about Sonic. He's been kind of screwed for a while though.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:03 pm
"It is I. There is no treachery here, my child - there is only truth."

Why is everyone overlooking the little gem of an RPG that Sonic Chronicles is? That's definitely an excellent game as well.

But indeed, Sonic has fallen upon hard times recently. I do hope he can come back from it.

User Image
"Veritas!"
User Image

Veritas Unae_Nanashi

Dapper Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Full closet 200
  • Gender Swap 100

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:05 pm
They should put Tails Doll in another game.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:11 pm
I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, but I say, just do Sonic levels focused on speed, and minimal platforming.
As in, hold forward to run, keep the side-step, drift, make jumping quicker and easier, and just make the levels huge and fun.
Yes, it will be ridiculously easy, but know what? I don't give a s**t. I just wanna go fast, do some crazy wall-jumps, spin (spin dammit, not boost) through a group of badniks, then watch as Sonic does some crazy s**t involving a couple of loops, then land on a snowboard and ******** glide through San ******** while rock music plays in the background.

And also, I agree with Kath. Bring back Tail's doll.  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

V1SUAL K31

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:48 pm
Regulust
Great games?
stare  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:59 pm
Waynebrizzle
Mad World looks amazing.
Sonic and the Black Knight looks like it'll be better than Unleashed at least..
But they're not making the first two... I think the issue lies with Sonic Team, because they're the ones that make the Sonic games, right?

But this has been said to death. I don't get why everyone says that Sonic is all about speed now though, and why Sega/Sonic Team is trying to push that. If you go back and play the original three games (the ONLY GOOD ONEZ LIEK ZOMG), it isn't so much about running fast, as it is momentum. Roll into a ball, slide around, run around, jump, and then some clever platforming. If they let you roll into a ball (lolz) in the sidescrolling parts in the newer games, my fun-having would go up significantly.

I don't understand why they won't listen to their fans. They say they do, but then they throw in some bullshit like guns or the werehog, and just ruin what was a good idea. It's hard to even get excited about Sonic games anymore. Like Wayne and I say, they should just give the character to Nintendo, and let them try their hand, because *gasp* they actually make good games.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:02 pm
I_love_Inuyasha1

What about Adventure 2 Battle? It was epic.

And not all the retro Sonic games were all "Press > to go forward". Well, maybe for Green Hill, but in the other levels, there was an element of platforming, of timing to make sure you didn't hit the lava in the Labyrinth Zone, to search out all the hidden pathways for extra rings/lives/shield bonus.

And listening to fans is NOT what we want. That's what they did with Unleashed and SONIC the Hedgehog (Next Gen/2006/the new one with that name). Do we want them to listen to us, and make a game worse than Unleashed or SONIC?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:17 pm
auS-e-Dude

And listening to fans is NOT what we want. That's what they did with Unleashed and SONIC the Hedgehog (Next Gen/2006/the new one with that name). Do we want them to listen to us, and make a game worse than Unleashed or SONIC?
SA2B was a remake, and it came out in 2001, man. That doesn't really count, because that was eight (closer to seven, actually) years ago, and again, it was a remake. To put it into perspective, it's like someone bitching that Nintendo hasn't made a new Pikmin game in a long time, and then we point them toward the Pikmin remakes coming out.

I'm pretty sure fans didn't ask for shitty controls, or a slow portion which takes up more than half the game. I'm pretty sure the fans want a fast-paced Sonic game with tight controls and fun levels. That should be common sense, though, and they just s**t out anything, and then put it out, knowing everyone will hope that "this game will be the Sonic game that brings him back to greatness!" so they buy it initially and play it, a small portion of people -actually- like it, and then the Sonic hardcore are so busy looking at him from fifteen different angles with slightly updated graphics, so they can draw him for more furry fan-art to notice that the game is s**t.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:16 pm
Meta_Fish
auS-e-Dude

SA2B was a remake, and it came out in 2001, man. That doesn't really count, because that was eight (closer to seven, actually) years ago, and again, it was a remake. To put it into perspective, it's like someone bitching that Nintendo hasn't made a new Pikmin game in a long time, and then we point them toward the Pikmin remakes coming out.

I'm pretty sure fans didn't ask for shitty controls, or a slow portion which takes up more than half the game. I'm pretty sure the fans want a fast-paced Sonic game with tight controls and fun levels. That should be common sense, though, and they just s**t out anything, and then put it out, knowing everyone will hope that "this game will be the Sonic game that brings him back to greatness!" so they buy it initially and play it, a small portion of people -actually- like it, and then the Sonic hardcore are so busy looking at him from fifteen different angles with slightly updated graphics, so they can draw him for more furry fan-art to notice that the game is s**t.
I like to pretend that doesn't exist...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:26 pm
Meta_Fish
Waynebrizzle
Mad World looks amazing.
Sonic and the Black Knight looks like it'll be better than Unleashed at least..
But they're not making the first two... I think the issue lies with Sonic Team, because they're the ones that make the Sonic games, right?

But this has been said to death. I don't get why everyone says that Sonic is all about speed now though, and why Sega/Sonic Team is trying to push that. If you go back and play the original three games (the ONLY GOOD ONEZ LIEK ZOMG), it isn't so much about running fast, as it is momentum. Roll into a ball, slide around, run around, jump, and then some clever platforming. If they let you roll into a ball (lolz) in the sidescrolling parts in the newer games, my fun-having would go up significantly.

I don't understand why they won't listen to their fans. They say they do, but then they throw in some bullshit like guns or the werehog, and just ruin what was a good idea. It's hard to even get excited about Sonic games anymore. Like Wayne and I say, they should just give the character to Nintendo, and let them try their hand, because *gasp* they actually make good games.

His complaint was about Sega, but I guess he WAS just talking about the Sonic Team.

I think their real problem is that they need to suck it up and put more care into polishing their games. Sonic and the Secret Rings would have been great, but they had to go and release it without really being finished.  

Waynebrizzle

Crazy Cray

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:10 pm
I_love_Inuyasha1
I totally agree.

The only 3D Sonic game I liked was Adventure. The second was crap though. And Shadow sucks s**t.

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff