Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Does anyone have a problem with this.? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

melancholyfarts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:59 pm
I recently started college for my first semester. I'm also still in high school for one class. I'm full time at my university and have one class at my high school. There's a lot of work involved with my classes. All the work has taken a toll on my free time and church life. I have been missing church because I've been exhausted by the weekend working on this stuff. Of course I know that going to church isn't the part that makes you a Christian, but I still like to go to help me better myself and stay active in the Bible and what not. Does anyone else have this problem or any advice?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:13 am
Im lucky if i get one Service a month, like you said going to Church doesnt define your Christianity. Dont feel bad if you cant attend dont let it eat away at you it doesnt lessen you in anyway.

Attend if you can, if you feel you have the strength, no point in going to church and not really "being there" if you follow.  

Three Mile Sprint

ShideKnight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:58 pm
I'm looking forward to a full load next semester also... I wonder how it will go... I might be facing the same problem.

Well anyways, I wouldn't say that it is church that is important as much as being part of the community still. If you can, I would set at least a couple hours a week aside to do something, a study, a meeting, community service.

I mean, school is great and important, but in the end it isn't the most important part of our lives.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:42 pm
Going to church isn't the important part.

Spending time with God and reading His word IS.

I'd suggest, if it bothers you, set aside an hour or two to just read your bible and pray. Once a week is fine. That's what I'd do. ^w^

Wish you all the best!! *hugs*  

Aquiella

divineseraph

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:23 pm
No.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:53 pm
..."no" what?

No you haven't been in that situation?
No you aren't in highschool?
No you don't wish her the best?
No you won't pray for her?

BE CLEAR MAN!!! *totally confused by your post*  

Aquiella

genbounty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:26 pm
Aquiella
..."no" what?

No you haven't been in that situation?
No you aren't in highschool?
No you don't wish her the best?
No you won't pray for her?

BE CLEAR MAN!!! *totally confused by your post*
I'm assuming he means no, he doesnt have a problem with it, considering thats the name of the topic, although I am not him and cannot speak for him.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:18 pm
I know how you feel. When I was in college I spent a lot of time in school working hard. And when it came to midterms and finals I would stay there and miss church, coming home at whopping 1 am. I was very busy and very stressed.

To be honest, it was taking a toll on my spirituality. I was missing the services, bible classes and everything. I could read the bible and pray on my own, but I wanted time to sit in the service and listen to a powerful preaching. I missed my church friends and I needed to learn more in my bible classes.

School is important. And I slightly (I mean .00005 percent) disagree with what everyone is saying. The church is like a hospital for the spirit. You come in stressed and drained and through preaching and teaching of the Word and fellowship with your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, you come out feeling fresh and ready to tackle the week ahead.

You should always keep in touch with your church peoples =3 That way they can pray for you and that your education goes well. You are not alone in what you are feeling. Anybody that works and/or has school feels this way. It is a normal feeling.

Anji-Neko-Chan

xlxBeautifulTragedyxlx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:16 pm
Aquiella
Going to church isn't the important part.

Spending time with God and reading His word IS.

I'd suggest, if it bothers you, set aside an hour or two to just read your bible and pray. Once a week is fine. That's what I'd do. ^w^

Wish you all the best!! *hugs*

i agree  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:57 pm
Well, let me tell you my story.

My name is Christopher, I was a somewhat dedicated Christian in high school, and I was determined to stay Christian in college, but I heard so many people just completely drop out of their dedication to Christ, and it scared me, because Christ was very important to me. I had been a leader in high school, and an advisor to other Christians. Now I am a sophomore in college, and I have grown much in my walk with Christ, but here is the price I have paid:

I lost a girl I thought was the most important to me because God must be absolutely first, and I was forced to choose between her as an idol and God as my true love. This does not mean I can never find that kind of love, but I found that it must never exceed the love I have for Christ.

I meet in fellowship with other believers every Sunday to worship (which is an important cornerstone in the Christian lifestyle), I have had 17 credit hours a semester, I teach Monday night bible studies at 7, I lead worship for Chi Alpha which is the Christian fellowship on campus, that takes practice wednesday nights, plus all the preparation on Thursday nights, including moving the sound equipment from where it is regularly used to the church Chi Alpha borrows. I spend around 1-2 hours meeting with my mentor a week in discipleship, and every morning I make an attempt to wake up early and spend a significant amount of time with God, in the Holy Spirit, practicing His grace. The thing is, we serve a God that is outside of the boundaries of time and space, so when we walk in obedience, He rewards us by making it possible to even have extra time. I use the extra time for my ministry with the guys and I spend every weekend doing something with XA like camping, canoeing, retreats with the group, etc. It's a rewarding experience giving up ourselves to God, of course it is exhausting, but Matthew 7:14 says "narrow is the gate and straightened the path that leads to life, for FEW are they that find it." Our walk was never easy.

Bless you friend
Blessed are those who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness.
smile  

sirmartyr777

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:56 am
School is the most important thing in your life right now. Everything comes second. I know you're probably thinking "Ummm wtf Rai? O.o" but I'm serious. If you have any hopes of succeeding in this world, and set aside a lot of money for your future family, you have to keep school on your mind at all times. Most jobs want that college diploma, whether it's an associates or a bachelor's they want to see a degree.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:19 pm
Yea i know wat u mean during football season i just dont feel like going cause im so exasted but i do it cause it is really good to keep on going  

eaglepurple

tigerflute

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:17 pm
Dark Angel Rai
School is the most important thing in your life right now. Everything comes second. I know you're probably thinking "Ummm wtf Rai? O.o" but I'm serious. If you have any hopes of succeeding in this world, and set aside a lot of money for your future family, you have to keep school on your mind at all times. Most jobs want that college diploma, whether it's an associates or a bachelor's they want to see a degree.

School is definitely not the most important thing in your life. God is. You can't put your trust in school to get a good job and what not, you have to trust in God. I'm not undermining the fact that school is important, I am just saying that God is the most important thing, not school.

As for whether or not you should go to church I don't know. I think that this is something you should pray about. If you feel like God is telling you to go to church, then go. If you feel like he is telling you that is okay not to go because you're exhausted from all your school work then don't go. The most important thing to do is pray about it and figure out what God wants you to do.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:58 am
tigerflute
Dark Angel Rai

School is definitely not the most important thing in your life. God is. You can't put your trust in school to get a good job and what not, you have to trust in God. I'm not undermining the fact that school is important, I am just saying that God is the most important thing, not school.

As for whether or not you should go to church I don't know. I think that this is something you should pray about. If you feel like God is telling you to go to church, then go. If you feel like he is telling you that is okay not to go because you're exhausted from all your school work then don't go. The most important thing to do is pray about it and figure out what God wants you to do.
Seems to me that you are undermining school. Without education and knowledge how can you pass on what is truly the word to God to those less fortunate than you. How can you teach those less fortunate to read the word of God if you couldn't read yourself? neutral  

Neferet -House of Night-

tigerflute

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:11 am
Dark Angel Rai
tigerflute
Dark Angel Rai

Seems to me that you are undermining school. Without education and knowledge how can you pass on what is truly the word to God to those less fortunate than you. How can you teach those less fortunate to read the word of God if you couldn't read yourself? neutral

As I said before I am not trying to undermine school, I think that school is very important and that God wants us to go to school and do well in it. I am just pointing out that God is the most important thing, not school. By saying that school comes first, and everything else comes second, you are putting your faith in school for your future, but your faith should be put in God.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff