Submit

Who's that pokemon?!
  It's Pikachu!
  God damn it, RAHHH
View Results

Gharbad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:48 pm
Specifically, EA programmers.
So I bought Dead Space a while back, and instantly had moronic issues. One, the main menu WAS CUT OFF. How do you cut off a main menu?

Second, in the game, your view constantly flies upwards. Standard issue with uncalibrated joysticks. Except mine is...
So anyways, I do "run as administrator" and it fixes everything.

Fast forward a few weeks, and I randomly decide to toy with my stupid Vista UAC settings, and s**t goes down. I try Dead Space today, back to the same old issues. I fixed the UAC stuff, still doesn't help.

So now I'm flailing wildly being pissed off that the brand new game I bought at full price (which I rarely do) is screwing around with me. I unplug my joystick, and suddenly the menu pops into the center.
It's no longer cut off. I plug it back in, it moves away, to a different spot.

THE JOYSTICK CONTROLS THE "CAMERA" IN THE MAIN MENU. The throttle pans left and right.
See, I'm on to them.
Check out the main menu, vs the in-game HUD:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/dead-space/screenshots/gameShotId,338547/
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/dead-space/screenshots/gameShotId,336688/

So basically, the main menu is taken straight from in game, joystick controls and all.

This is [was] 2008, you should know how to program. Except, this was a straight up half assed port from the consoles, which always have totally stupid problems.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:47 pm
EA does not know how to port s**t in general. They are on my list of s**t to never pick up again. Them and Valve (Sadly).  

SOME RED FOX

6,350 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

HONKMACHINE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:17 pm
Nagis
Valve

Valve has specifically said(in regards to tf2) that nobody they employ knows how to dev for the PS3, which is why the PS3 version of tf2 isn't getting any updates while the 360 version is, if that's what you're referring to.
But then again, every Valve game is meant for the PC, that's how it's always been. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:28 pm
Smew
Nagis
Valve

Valve has specifically said(in regards to tf2) that nobody they employ knows how to dev for the PS3, which is why the PS3 version of tf2 isn't getting any updates while the 360 version is, if that's what you're referring to.
But then again, every Valve game is meant for the PC, that's how it's always been. biggrin

Actually, EA was responsible for that garbage. I dislike Valve for other reasons I wish to keep to myself.  

SOME RED FOX

6,350 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
The OLD Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items