Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Wizard

Invisible Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:04 am
Man gets paid to test swimming pool slides

User Image

Tommy Lynch has spent the last year touring the world trying to find the best swimming pool slides ... and he even got paid to do it.

The 29-year-old travelled more than 27,000 miles in his job rating slides for their height, speed, water quantity and landing.

At each one he dons his Speedos and gives it a go. Even if he does say so himself the job is going swimmingly well.

And how many people can say they are guaranteed to make splash at work everyday?

Last year he tested the slides at First Choice resorts in the Costa Del Sol, Lanzarote, Majorca, Egypt, Turkey, Cyprus, Algarve, Dominican Republic and Mexico. Next up are; Greece, Turkey, Florida, Jamaica and Ibiza.

Speaking of his job Tommy said: "I do have the best job in the world. No-one believes me when I tell them what I do. Some people sit in an office all day but I get to fly all over the place and slide down flumes.

"It can be a bit tough when it is chilly and you have to strip off and shoot down the flume but other than that it is great. There is so much more that goes into the flumes than people realise."

User Image

A spokeswoman for First Choice added: "We understand how important swimming pools are to kids on holiday, which is why we appointed someone dedicated to finding the very best in the world.

"As you can imagine, there was no shortage of applicants for the job."

Link:

First Choice  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:55 am
I love water slides! Why can't I get a job like that?!  

Skaedi

®

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff