Reply An abnormal love of cats
My cat might be going blind?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luna Amatista

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:09 pm
I never do come here but to lurk, but anyway...
I have a cat, named Ron. He was probably born February last year, though we're not sure because he was a stray.

So he likes going out to the street, and the day before yesterday he came back with a thorn stuck in his right eye.
This was late at night, so we took him yesterday afternoon to the vet.
So they take off the thorn, and say that he will be fine, but today when I go up to see him (we have him in a dark room since he's not supposed to see light, and my other cat might try and play with him if she sees him, which might hurth him) and just a dim light shines on his eye. The injured eye reflects it, the other one doesn't.
Also, the pupil in the injured eye (right one) is dilated, even when the left eye's one might act normally.

Anyone think it might mean something? sad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:36 pm
The only thing I can say is call the vet even if its just asking questions you may be fine just asking. If it's more serious you can go in. Usually if your concerned enough to call you should go in and see your vet.

http://www.infovets.com/healthycatsinfo/F218.htm

Maybe this will help I skimmed it and it shows different problems in cats eyes and it had pictures on some. Maybe you can compare them with your cat.
Maybe its glaucoma it has a dilated eye picture that might be what your cat's looks like.

I hope this helps you.  

NightWolvesCry

Friendly Gaian

4,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

athena 0f hearts

4,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:01 am
Ahmm..your not alone, my 4 year old cat. It looks that he is quite blind or he got a blurred vision. HE cant see where his food is orhe doesnt know that he is already at the edge of the table, so he fell.. but he can walk and he can Do his daily activities.

I really dont know what to do with him...

please help...  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:09 pm
You are definitely NOT alone here.

My grandmother had the little Chihuahua (sorry, but it's similar, and may she rest in peace) and she has a rose bush (my grandma, not the doggie).

One day, she brought her out there, and got a rose thorn in her eye.

She was blind, had to stay in a box, was wobbly on her feet, but that didn't stop her from trying to live her youth to it's fullest. Again, may she rest in peace, and have good times in Doggie Heaven.  

Simply A Detective

An abnormal love of cats

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff