Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:31 pm
Zephyrkitty
NintendOmega
And he definitely didn't get the glitch city mixed up with a secret one. I remember exactly how to access glitch city to this day and it has nothing to do with the elite four. neutral

I remember how to get there, too. I'm thinking more along the lines of he heard of another city and some myth regarding the Elite Four and thought that they went together.
That's possible.

And about "Eternal star", some people did believe that, however "L is real" was much more widely believed to be what it said.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:57 pm
Zephyrkitty
Ennokni
Also, wasn't there a room with stand-in's for a bunch of the developers, and one of 'em would tell you to talk to him again after getting all the Pokemon? What happened if you actually accomplished such a goal?

In the first-gen, I got a certificate. I haven't accomplished it with the other games, but I hear you still get a certificate. I also hear you get rare pokémon in the Japanese games, but I can't confirm this.

Another myth that just occurred to me was the 'hold A+B+down when you throw a pokéball and it turns into a masterball' myth I know we've all heard.

@Aus-e: I was told by someone that if you beat the Elite Four 32 times Oak would tell you that he was getting tired of registering you and that you could do it yourself. You were supposed to examine a crack in the top-left corner of the room, and you'd find Secret City. Apparently, you could trade a Magikarp for a Mew there.

I'm pretty sure he got Secret City mixed up with Glitch City.

You still get a certificate in Ruby/Sapphire. It was disappointing for me... crying  

ZWIDEN

Tonberry Crunch

7,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:38 pm
l-Kathulu-l
I found pokeballs like godly in R/S. They worked better than Ultra, Great, Net, etc.

I caught Groudon in a NET BALL.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:20 pm
Zephyrkitty
Ennokni
Also, wasn't there a room with stand-in's for a bunch of the developers, and one of 'em would tell you to talk to him again after getting all the Pokemon? What happened if you actually accomplished such a goal?

In the first-gen, I got a certificate. I haven't accomplished it with the other games, but I hear you still get a certificate. I also hear you get rare pokémon in the Japanese games, but I can't confirm this.

in R/S and D/P Ive gotten certificates

also there was a bookshelf in FR/LG that had "a small gust" coming from behind it on the Sevii Islands, anyone know about it?  

teh_n00b_huntr

Thanatoast Crunch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:34 pm
Ha, I always hold A while trying to catch a Pokemon. This kid swore by it, one time.

Also, I don't know if this is exactly a myth seeing as it's true (I've found it in Yoshi's Story and in the first Animal Crossing), but this reminded me of Totaka's Song. We have to find it in Wii Sports, Wave Race 64, Wii Music, Brawl and throughout the Wii Channels. That is, if it even is in those games.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:29 pm
Angelic Darknya
Ha, I always hold A while trying to catch a Pokemon. This kid swore by it, one time.

Also, I don't know if this is exactly a myth seeing as it's true (I've found it in Yoshi's Story and in the first Animal Crossing), but this reminded me of Totaka's Song. We have to find it in Wii Sports, Wave Race 64, Wii Music, Brawl and throughout the Wii Channels. That is, if it even is in those games.

hmmm.... this is interesting 3nodding It feels like there is some kind of numeric system to finding this though, all the start times for the music don't feel random, I shall further investigate this tomorrow ninja  

teh_n00b_huntr

Yin Yun Yang

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:54 pm
Oh I know all about the actual reason, or at least I think it is the actual reason, for the Stop N Swop stuff in Banjo Kazooie, I do. I do.

Yar.

It was because they had wanted to do a thing between that game and the sequal to it they planned, Banjo Tooie. Nintendo said no though because it was too dangerous for the memory to be corrupted or something like that.

So instead in Banjo Tooie they put those little Banjo Kazooie cartridges you wack to get three of those stop and swop items that get you stuff in it.

In Spiral mountain behind the waterfall and up in this other nook you had to fly to were two of the cartridges which gave you eggs for the hen lady to hatch whose living place was near the Jiggy Temple.

The third cartridge was in the Jinjo Village after going along a grabby edge you got to a cave where you get the ice key. The ice key you used on a vault in the Hailfire Peaks level in a part of it that you could only get to through the mine level whose name I don't currently remember by going through an underwater tunnel in the flooded caverns that you had to open up by doing a kazooie torpedo into it. Inside the vault was the mega glowbo used at the Pine Grove with Humba Wumba to turn kazooie into a dragon.

Yar.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:24 am
Yin Yun Yang
Oh I know all about the actual reason, or at least I think it is the actual reason, for the Stop N Swop stuff in Banjo Kazooie, I do. I do.

Yar.

It was because they had wanted to do a thing between that game and the sequal to it they planned, Banjo Tooie. Nintendo said no though because it was too dangerous for the memory to be corrupted or something like that.

So instead in Banjo Tooie they put those little Banjo Kazooie cartridges you wack to get three of those stop and swop items that get you stuff in it.

In Spiral mountain behind the waterfall and up in this other nook you had to fly to were two of the cartridges which gave you eggs for the hen lady to hatch whose living place was near the Jiggy Temple.

The third cartridge was in the Jinjo Village after going along a grabby edge you got to a cave where you get the ice key. The ice key you used on a vault in the Hailfire Peaks level in a part of it that you could only get to through the mine level whose name I don't currently remember by going through an underwater tunnel in the flooded caverns that you had to open up by doing a kazooie torpedo into it. Inside the vault was the mega glowbo used at the Pine Grove with Humba Wumba to turn kazooie into a dragon.

Yar.

Isn't it gusty gulch or something?

And yes, I too am well familiar with stop 'n' swop, and trust me it goes much deeper than that.

Oh, and I did consider Totaka's song as a myth, but it's still up in the air...

After I write about more of the major myths I'll consider it again.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Thanatoast Crunch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:30 am
You guys do know that the "L is real" thing actually says Eternal Star, right? And it makes sense, that's an appropriate name for the statue. Still, it's kind of weird that that same sign is in OoT in a place where a sign that says "Eternal Star" doesn't make sense. I don't get that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:35 pm
Angelic Darknya
You guys do know that the "L is real" thing actually says Eternal Star, right? And it makes sense, that's an appropriate name for the statue. Still, it's kind of weird that that same sign is in OoT in a place where a sign that says "Eternal Star" doesn't make sense. I don't get that.

The star is invisible. >.>  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

0Toon-Link0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:35 pm
I love these things.
The Tails Doll curse really got me entertained and got me doing some Stick Animations related to it which turned out really well.

I tried the Tails Doll curse out of fun and my sisters kept getting scared every time I tried it (I cant believe they believed that) And I have to say its nearly impossible to tag Super Sonic. I tried so many times and wasn't able to. Also I listened to the Living in the City and Welcome to the Sunshine backwards. Very entertaining while watching my sisters xD  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:37 pm
Zephyrkitty
Angelic Darknya

The Dodongo skeleton was once a famous celebrity.  

Waynebrizzle

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:50 pm
Waynebrizzle
Zephyrkitty
Angelic Darknya

An idol for all of the Stalchildren and Stalfos?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:54 pm
Zephyrkitty
Waynebrizzle
Zephyrkitty
Angelic Darknya

An idol for all of the Stalchildren and Stalfos?

My theory was Tom Cruise but that makes much more sense.  

Waynebrizzle

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:31 pm
Angelic Darknya
Actually, it doesn't say anything. neutral
And even so you can clearly make out 11 characters like this "- -- ---- ----"

"the eternal star" doesn't fit at all.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out