Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Falling (Marut & Raniero) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:38 am
Marut hurried along, cold and wet foliage slapping against her legs as she went. She only paused once, breath in white clouds around her as she stopped to untangle her tail from the snarls it had made around a leafless thorned bush. She had to see Raniero and tell him..what? How she was to even begin to phrase all that she felt seemed a mystery, but maybe when she saw him, his face all the right words would come tumbling out. That was her fervent hope at any rate.

As it had been not long ago since she had found him, she managed to return swiftly and with very little hesitation as to the way back to his home..or the place that was near his home. She smelled him all around as she located the bush he had been behind, but couldn't found him, and she began to quietly call his name, moving around the immediate area.

'Raniero?'

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:39 am
He'd been informed of the details, he'd been given the information he required and then his son had been dismissed. With Raniero's scent still heavy in the air, Paramekia's remained reasonably well masked. In fact the only sign of his existence was the faint chiming of the golden rings within his hair as he stepped after the mare. With each breeze, the rings gave another chime and golden eyes continued to watch as the stranger explored the area surrounding his home. He'd heard of her arrival through his various scouts but it was only now that he had finally rested his eyes upon her.

His son hadn't lied. She was most certainly a pretty creature, ornate in design and yet she was terribly deceiving. According to Ran, she possessed Kalona blood and she gave no indication of such things. There were no fangs, no wings and upon her initial entry there was no sign of immediate violence. Paramekia could only assume that such violent tendencies were curbed by that competitive and athletic nature. That being said, she had potential in terms of appearance - it was just a shame about the blood.

Resting his shoulder against the tree trunk he came to a halt behind the mare and fixed his gaze upon her. Lips pursed and expression largely unimpressed, he chose only to speak up when she called out in an attempt to find his son.

"He is not here."

Epine de Rose

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:06 pm
Marut turned on her heels, about to leave the area when she saw and heard the strange male. She tried not to stare, taking in the odd mane, locating the source of the chiming noise and seeing the strange covering that he was wearing. She'd only ever seen one other Soquili with anything close to that, and he was only a small draping piece of cloth in comparison.

'Hello,' she said automatically with a smile, then his words registered properly.

'Oh he isn't? Okay thank you...are you his.. Father?' she hoped she was getting the right relative, but there was the obvious colouring similarities and the way this stallion held himself was familiar.

'May I ask where he is?' Marut wasn't often so very proper with her words but this she felt was a good time. Besides, he was making her feel kind of awkward, like he was weighing up absolutely every twitch she was making.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:03 pm
Perceptive as well, wasn't she? However for the time being Paramekia refrained from agreeing to such an assumption and instead furrowed his brow as though her guess was incorrect. He would pretend he was reasonably affronted, a brother of sorts - it had been her choice to comment on his more 'mature' appearance. It was a shame that she was correct about who he was, but how would she handle such a misunderstanding and right it? There were many ways to handle such an event, some would become flustered while others would attempt to make ammends in a variety of ways - no one could deny that Paramekia had provided the mare with the opportunity to choose her own path.

"A brother," he corrected smoothly, flicking his tail against his flank as he continued to stare at her. Every twitch was watched, every shuffle - any indication that she was wary, uncomfortable or developing behaviour that he would deem inappropriate. For the time being she was safe, presenting a front that was customary for those meeting a stranger in foreign grounds. She had every right to be cautious and to hazard guesses, it was her choices from this point forward that would set her apart or lump her in with every other have breed in the Kawani.

"As to where my brother chooses to walk - that is entirely his choice," he shrugged loosely, tilting his head to the side. The rings upon his horns gave a soft jingle and he released a sigh. "We do not keep tabs on one another and he left no word," his eyes narrowed slightly and he offered an almost sly smile. She had been so insistant on gaining his son's attention that it appeared she had something of obvious importance to tell him - an approval from a mother or was it more...

"Why do you ask?"

Epine de Rose

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:38 pm
'Oh I'm sorry,' Marut gave a small grin at her mistake. He didn't seem too upset about the fact that she'd thought him to be Raniero's father, at least he hadn't snapped at her when he made the correction.

'You look very grown up, and alot like him, so I had to choose one or the other.' she explained, still feeling like she was under scrutiny. Her ears flicked, she was still guarded and she was trying to remember if Raniero had mentioned a brother. She couldn't properly recall and so she snapped herself back to the moment, paying proper attention to what he was saying.

'That's fair enough, I never know where my brothers are from one day to the next, they'd probably get annoyed if I pestered them, think I was keeping an eye on them like a mother.' she found herself rambling a little before shutting her mouth. How to reply to his question without seeming rude? She wasn't about to spill everything to him, her thoughts were for Raniero.

'I, I really would like to talk to him. I have things I should tell him. Would you mind letting him know I was looking for him if you should see him please?' she continued to mind her manners, acting in a way that would probably make her mother faint from shock.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:48 pm
"Well you see, this is where it becomes complicated -" Paramekia paused as she insisted on speaking to his son directly and shook his head. She was persistant but polite about it, that much could be seen. She had even made an attempt to explain away her 'error' though referring to his age was a something that lacked a little tact. Unavoidable though, for one raised in a manner that was not quite as strict as the one in which Raniero had been brought up. She had been as polite as possible, it was another tick for the checkboxes at least.

Mmm...but how far could he push her?

"You see we have a few protocols within this forest, as much as I would like to pass on the message I need to be aware that the content is appropriate," he tilted his head to the side and raised a brow. "More to the point, I need to be assured that it will not waste his time, as his friend I am sure you can understand he is a busy stallion -" he stole a smile at this and sauntered towards the mare, popping his lips as though in thought though really it was more of a bad habit.

"If it is decided that your issue is of significant importance I can seek him out immediately, if not then it may be quite some time before he is available..."

Epine de Rose

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:24 pm
'Protocols?' Marut was confused, there hadn't been any of this the last time she came looking for Raniero, but then she'd found him and not a member of his family.

'Oh I see.' she didn't really but decided to play along until something came along that she did get.
'Could you not simply trust that as his friend I would only want to talk about something important to us..him?'

The 'us' had slipped out and she'd tried to cover it with the latter word. She really didn't want to explain to Raniero's brother exactly what she wanted to talk to him about, it would be hard enough to talk about it once, let alone twice.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:42 am
Us...?

Paramekia's eyes positively sparked to life at such a reference. Evidently while his son hadn't set anything to the mare but she had made up her own mind. While Ran remained conflicted, the mare had taken a more decisive approach and had taken the necessary steps to approach him. It was admirable in a manner of speaking, if a little lacking on the traditional side. After all, it was generally the stallion who declared such feelings and intentions to an awaiting mare and not the other way round. Now...was this the Kalona blood demonstrating it's bull headed nature or was it simply a bout of confidence in the face of adversary?

No longer capable of resisting the urge to question further, a dark smile lifted on to the stallion's lips and he chuckled. Now he would test her properly, push against her nature and see just how important such a declaration was. His son had never mentioned her behaviour in regards to decisions she had made - competitive perhaps, but this wasn't a competition...

"So you are, Marut," he purred at last, his brow raising as he observed the mare more closely and shook his head slowly. The rings within his hair jingled softly, the cloth of his robes rustling against the foliage beneath his hooves. "The creature with Kalona blood that has somehow latched itself on to my brother," 'disgust' lined his voice as he circled the mare and chuckled once more. "You think one of pure blood could honestly accept you or anything you might have for him?"

"Pretty you may be, but fitting as anything more than a mistress...you are not."

Epine de Rose

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:19 am
Damn that word slipping out, for it got his attention straight away. She couldn't very well help it though, all that she wanted to say to Raniero was at the fore front of her mind.

Marut had no idea that what she was doing went against tradition, after all everything she was currently doing was flying in the face of all she believed about herself. She had believed this would likely never happen. She gave a small start as he spoke her name, had Raniero spoken of her to his family? That was a good sign wasn't it?

Her pelt bristled at his words..so she wasn't pure like Raniero. She looked like a pure grounded, and acted like one. Her blood didn't rule her, and it was so diluted by now that it was a wonder any of her siblings carried on as though they were a Kalona..though Vartan did. She was beginning to believe that was a flaw in him, and not anything to do with who his grandmother was.

'If Raniero has no problem with where I come from then why should anyone else care? It is his life after all.' she replied, her temper rising as it had done when she argued with her brother. She tried to keep a cool head though, nothing was won when you lost focus through anger.
'I don't let what little blood on my mother's side affect me, you couldn't find the Kalona in me if you searched for ever.'

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:16 am
"Oh, I am not entirely sure I agree with you on that point," he purred gently and flashed a dark smile. She was much like a feline, the eyes had flashed and the heckles even seemed to have lifted. Had she been a cat he would have sworn her back would be arched and her fangs would be bared - or if she had yet to reach that point, a little more of a push would bring it to that level. Such was his assumption at this time, though he knew that he could irritate anyone when he put his mind to it... It was merely a question of how quickly she let her fury gain the better of her. Had he known about Vartan then she would have been in very dire straights indeed.

Nevertheless as she made reference to Ran and his lack of care for her species he let out a dark chuckle. Evidently she didn't understand his son at all, nor had Ran informed her of the depths of the expectations that lay upon his shoulders. He had been raised under the watchful gaze of one who regarded pureblood as paramount, to believe that Ran found no issue in it was naive... He was all too aware of it, if only she had discovered that THIS was the reason that Paramekia was even involved.

"Are you entirely certain he shows no concern for your spoiled blood?" he enquired cooly, flicking his tail against his flank gently. "Regardless of what life you think he may lead, he is still part of a family and as it's heir..." he trailed away softly and released a sigh, casting a pitying glance towards the mare. She had done what any young mare would do, innocent to all except her heart...she'd fallen for a creature she barely even knew, without even considering where he might have come from.

"Well, one of impure blood would not understand the importance of producing a good line...now would they?"

Epine de Rose

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:29 am
How cruel and cold he seemed..but for now she wouldn't be baited into losing her temper, despite how close to the bone he was cutting. He was expressing her own qualms and doubts about her lineage, but as she'd never been spiteful, nor developed any kind of bloodlust - nor been anything like Vartan, she had come to the assumption that it was mostly her father's blood that ran through her veins, and that she'd just inherited her mother's personal fire that was untouched by race.

'I know Raniero.' she replied, her expression softening as she spoke his name.
'I know of his sometimes painful honesty, and I can only assume that if he had taken against it he would have told me by now.'

Marut shook her head;
'No I'm sure I don't understand the importance of producing a line that would dismiss anyone that isn't pure as being not worthwhile. My father is a pure, like you, and he found love, loyalty and family in my half-blood mother. A good line to me is one with healthy and happy children.' she spoke emphatically, with a passion she didn't know she had. It was as though this brother's objections had made everything crystal clear, and she knew what she was fighting for - and she didn't like to lose a fight if she could help it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:06 pm
"Your father is not of a royal line, nor does he have any pride if he is prepared to mix blood with a violent beast," Paramekia pointed out abruptly, his brow arching as he turned to face the mare. She seemed determined, driven by her belief in his son. She had grown up in surroundings quite unlike Raniero's - she had been encouraged and prejudice was not a part of her life. When it came to preserving a royal line and it's integrity though... well, 'love' never really factor into the equation at all. He wouldn't have expected her to understand it and by the sounds of it, he would have been right to assume that she would not be aware that there were some in this world who could be painfully honest - but also reserved in relation to certain subjects.

"He is charged with producing an heir, it is his duty to his family," Paramekia informed her, shaking his head slowly. He adjusted his weight and released a soft chuckle, amused by the patience she revealed and her declarations. She thought she knew and yet in youth she was aware of very little. "You are naive. Love does not exist and nor is it beneficial to those whose only concerns are producing an heir and completing his studies..." he pointed out. "If you had been considered suitable or been of such an interest then why would he wait so long?"

"He is a stallion of honour, practical as he may be there are subjects that he will avoid if they are irrelevant. Or had you forgotten that?" he enquired, referring the numerous occasions when his son would have informed her that the topic was not important to her and nor would she understand it. "It is a waste of breath. That is how he was raised and to think so highly of yourself is laughable."

"You are a mutt and to make matters worse you are the worst possible type - born to beasts. Do you honestly expect such children to be permitted in a pure line!"

There was silence for an instant and then he laughed.

"You flatter yourself."

Epine de Rose

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:42 am
'My mother is not violent!' Marut cried out. How dare he insult her family in every way?

'My mother turned aside everything her own tried to teach her, and will only fight in self defence, or defence of those she loves.'

She loved and respected her mother greatly, and his words caused her tail to flick in agitation even more. Neve had thrown herself into the path of Izusa's rage for being with a grounded, taken the beating and born six children from love. Her heart was beating faster, and she felt herself getting angrier, despite not wishing to. She paused in an attempt to think clearly, and to calm herself again before speaking once more.

'You're just his brother. Why do you push your nose into his business? And if you family wants an heir why don't you give it to them?' she was greatly confused by that, if an heir was all that was wanting, this pompous male could do it. She swiftly answered the question, challenging his hurtful words;
'Raniero knew that I was confused of my feelings. He knew - and he didn't tell me there and then that it would never happen! I would accept that from him, I've accepted everything else that he's told me. And my mother, my siblings, they are NOT beasts.' she replied in a low voice, staring straight at him.

'I expect nothing more than the personal happiness I know I would have with Raniero. I have not felt this for anyone else, ever. No one makes me smile, or talks to me as he does.' she sucked in a long breath. What was to be done to convince this brick wall that she was determined, no matter how he insulted her?

'I love him.' she finally said.
'Tell me where he is...' Marut added firmly, wondering if he in fact knew where Raniero was and was purposely trying to keep her from him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:46 am
"Like any other male he permitted you to figure it out and get over it yourself," Paramekia snapped coolly. He shook his head and circled the mare as she made a variety of declarations, all of which he regarded with disdain. Love, she was completely obssessed with this subject and it seemed impossible for her to fathom that it wasn't paramount in relationships. Certainly for commonfolk it was all they had but for those far above her station, they had other matters to attend to and other hobbies to entertain them. At mose mare and stallion were both regarded as 'objects' within a relationship with one sole purpose - the father was there to sire and the mother to bear the child. There was nothing more to it...united by common interest at best, but seperate lives could be led.

"What you consider love is fleeting lust, an idle crush of a mare who has finally opened her eyes," he spat and shook his head again. His brow furrowed and he released a snort of disgust. So many young creatures leapt into romances only to find they had made a horrendous mistake, he would not permit his son to be one of them. Distractions were something his heir didn't need and to be messed around by a mutt was simply going too far.

He had to be sure.

"You are female, well done for coming to such conclusions and realising that not every stallion is content to wallow in mud with a mutt such as you," he pointed out darkly. Coming to a halt he narrowed his amber eyes, observing the mare with such distaste that it was evident he was about to throw yet more daggers towards ger back. "Heirs are born from the eldest son, but I did not expect a ruffian such as yourself to be aware of that."

"...Nor did I expect a beast such as yourself to understand that a noble creature does not raise a hoof or bear their teeth, that is what beasts like your mother are there for. They will do anything for a price and in return those of superior blood need not marr their coats." He snorted, satisfied with his remarks and then flashed another of his dark smiles. He had no intention of telling her anything yet - he wasn't done after all.

"Now what part of that do you fail to comprehend?"

Epine de Rose

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:34 am
Wound upon wound. This brother of Raniero's was really racking them up, so determined that his families prejudiced ways were to continue.

'I will only believe that from his mouth alone, and not yours.' she replied steadily, but inside she was shaking with hurt and frustration, and it was a wonder her words came out so calmly.

'There is nothing you can say that will sway me. I want to speak to Raniero.' she repeated, looking around to see if there was a path behind this stallion. She looked back at him.

'I understand everything you say. You think that fighting to protect loved ones is beneath you. I think that it is brave, and the right thing to do. You think that pure blood is the best, when I think that if this is how Raniero could have acted towards me, that I have even more affection for him. You have insulted me, and my family with every word, but I still want to be with him because I see what he comes from, and I see how kind he has to been to me, and to my mother.'
She gave him a smile, pushing a cheeky look onto her face, despite feeling far from that.

'If your brother does not care who my parents are, then you should not. Now tell me where to find him please.' she added.
'Or don't. I'll find him either way.'

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces